Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,705 members, 7,816,889 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:33 PM

Petition To Withdraw Youth Corpers From Violent Northern Nigerian States. - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Petition To Withdraw Youth Corpers From Violent Northern Nigerian States. (15654 Views)

A Minute Of Silence For New Corpers From Imsu Who Died On Their Way To Camp / NYSC Bars Corpers From Borno And Yobe / Petition To Withdraw Youth Corpers From Violent Northern Nigerian States. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Petition To Withdraw Youth Corpers From Violent Northern Nigerian States. by Nobody: 10:54pm On Apr 22, 2011
@junk. Your style is to conveniently ignore the arguments that neutralise you. There are so many points against the NYSC put up on this tread so far that you cannot respond to. You will rather resort to your worn out style of needless and tedious repetitive interrogation and of course name calling. I wont stoop to your level. I was raised different. What a class act you are
Re: Petition To Withdraw Youth Corpers From Violent Northern Nigerian States. by remoranger(m): 10:58pm On Apr 22, 2011
@kobojunkie. Please enlighten me, is there an amount Seun pays you per post, must you post while leaving your reasoning behind? we have all agreed the FG is incompetent to provide security to corpers but u still think its a good idea to still send corpers where their security is not guaranteed. na wa for you SMH. i see your post count is at 20,000 plus. don't worry when u get to 30k Seun would buy u a cow. hisses
Re: Petition To Withdraw Youth Corpers From Violent Northern Nigerian States. by Kobojunkie: 11:03pm On Apr 22, 2011
jerseyboy:

@junk. Your style is to conveniently ignore the arguments that neutralise you. There are so many points against the NYSC put up on this tread so far that you cannot respond to. You will rather resort to your worn out style of needless and tedious repetitive interrogation and of course name calling. I wont stoop to your level. I was raised different. What a class act you are

Again, use your head on this one. It is not rocket science that the problem here has NOTHING to do with NYSC. But since you insist it does, I ask again, how did you link it to that? In January of 2011(some months ago), I believe the average deaths as a result of attacks in the North was at 50 or thereabout, my question to you is since almost none of them was linked to NYSC, what other program would you propose we move or scrap as a result?

Stop arguing like someone lacking in intelligence(these people resort to attacking the messenger than the message), and try harder to produce a more rational rebuttal . . . OK?
Re: Petition To Withdraw Youth Corpers From Violent Northern Nigerian States. by manugbo(m): 11:10pm On Apr 22, 2011
EVER SINCE I WAS BORN, MOST OF THE PRESIDENTS RULING THIS COUNTRY ARE FROM THE NORTHERN PART.

DOES IT MEAN THAT THOSE MEN HAS NOT BEEN DOING SOMETHING MEANINGFUL FOR THEIR YOUTH?

OR IS IT THAT SLICING AND KILLING INNOCENT SOULS ARE IN THEIR BLOOD?

IF THEY  HAVE AGREED  THAT WE ARE ONE NIGERIA, THEY SHOULD ALLOW WHOEVER THAT WON THE PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION IRRESPECTIVE OF HIS TRIBE, TO RULE PEACEFULLY
Re: Petition To Withdraw Youth Corpers From Violent Northern Nigerian States. by sledge406: 11:11pm On Apr 22, 2011
KoboF[i]uc[/i]kingJunkie, would you for once in your life just shut up or try dieing for a change? That way, people in NL would have peace. You go every on the politics thread like some she-goat on heat.

You're not even in Nigeria and you spend the most useful part of your useless life sitting in front of a computer spewing garbage in a bid to have people bicker forth and back at you thinking you make sense. Fact is, you talk trash MOST times you comment. People with pains in their heart have started a mission and are seeking for support and bloody stinking you quoting people and asking them all sorts of questions to which they have chosen to ignore you.

If you have a support and love for NYSC and its cause, start another petition and seek supports from like minds like yourself on why it should not be scrapped. Forming some intellect internet warrior when actually many have seen through you and you're nothing.

Get a life and when people on ground witnessing real situations talk, just shut up and read from your screen.

Bloody Arrow! (All pun intended)
Re: Petition To Withdraw Youth Corpers From Violent Northern Nigerian States. by Kobojunkie: 11:16pm On Apr 22, 2011
^^^
Well, I am glad to know how you were raised, and how you address your folks, but what has that to do with the discussion? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Petition To Withdraw Youth Corpers From Violent Northern Nigerian States. by swezenberg(m): 11:21pm On Apr 22, 2011
NYSC is Satanic!
Re: Petition To Withdraw Youth Corpers From Violent Northern Nigerian States. by Katsumoto: 11:24pm On Apr 22, 2011
texazzpete:

This is why I insist that Nigerians are just sheep.
Of the hundreds of people killed in the North in different crises, only a handful are even NYSC members. Lots of innocent men, women and children have been hacked apart by raging mobs. Instead of you people to start a petition DEMANDING that your president take decisive action to curb these evil attacks, you're talking only about corps members.

We need a long term solution for these rampaging youths not all these attempts to paper over all cracks.

You are right in that a long term solution is needed to resolve this issue. However, a short term solution is also required to protect the lives of those corpers who do not have a say in where they are posted. I am for this, even if one only life is saved.

Kobojunkie:

Again, use your head on this one. It is not rocket science that the problem here has NOTHING to do with NYSC. But since you insist it does, I ask again, how did you link it to that? In January of 2011(some months ago), I believe the average deaths as a result of attacks in the North was at 50 or thereabout, my question to you is since almost none of them was linked to NYSC, what other program would you propose we move or scrap as a result?

Stop arguing like someone lacking in intelligence(these people resort to attacking the messenger than the message), and try harder to produce a more rational rebuttal . . . OK?

Please give it a rest. While the NYSC may not be the cause of the problem; the NYSC does expose innocent graduates to barbaric acts in various crises in the North. If the govt. is unable to give protection to corpers serving in volatile areas, then it SHOULD STOP sending them to such areas.
Re: Petition To Withdraw Youth Corpers From Violent Northern Nigerian States. by Kobojunkie: 11:29pm On Apr 22, 2011
Katsumoto:

Please give it a rest. While the NYSC may not be the cause of the problem; the NYSC does expose innocent graduates to barbaric acts in various crises in the North. If the govt. is unable to give protection to corpers serving in volatile areas, then it SHOULD STOP sending them to such areas.

Please STOP OK . .  If you want to address an issue . . . address it!!!

Again, the NYSC is NOT the only program that exposes innocents to the violence in the North. Do we scrap them all simply because an ever EMOTIONAL bunch of people, rather than attacking the real issue, continue to allow their emotions get the best of them in these things?   

Why is government unable to secure the lives of these people? What about the non NYSC-related deaths? Or are NYSC lives more precious than the Non-NYSC deaths? What about our students, our families, our civil servants posted to the North? Should we simply drag everyone out of the North then since that is the logic you and others are offering up here?
Re: Petition To Withdraw Youth Corpers From Violent Northern Nigerian States. by Wylout: 11:32pm On Apr 22, 2011
Truth is the government has failed and it has not owned up to its failures.

Till the government can fully secure the lives and property of Nigerians, NYSC should be suspended.
Re: Petition To Withdraw Youth Corpers From Violent Northern Nigerian States. by Wylout: 11:34pm On Apr 22, 2011
@KOBO

BE A LIL SENSITIVE!!!
Re: Petition To Withdraw Youth Corpers From Violent Northern Nigerian States. by Katsumoto: 11:39pm On Apr 22, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Please STOP OK . .  If you want to address an issue . . . address it!!!

Again, the NYSC is NOT the only program that exposes innocents to the violence in the North. Do we scrap them all simply because an ever EMOTIONAL bunch of people, rather than attacking the real issue, continue to allow their emotions get the best of them in these things?   

Why is government unable to secure the lives of these people? What about the non NYSC-related deaths? Or are NYSC lives more precious than the Non-NYSC deaths? What about our students, our families, our civil servants posted to the North? Should we simply drag everyone out of the North then since that is the logic you and others are offering up here?

Fisrtly, we need to make a distintion between those who choose to be in the North and those who didn't choose to but were sent there because of a senseless program (NYSC). Corpers are supposed to be serving their nation in various capacities in the North and are doing a fantastic job in the process. There are villages that would have no doctors or teachers without corpers. Should the reward they receive be a barbaric death in the name of helping others?

I have a bit of sympathy for people who are killed by mobs but they at least accepted the risk. I CANNOT and WILL NOT accept the death of corpers in the name of a silly program.
Re: Petition To Withdraw Youth Corpers From Violent Northern Nigerian States. by sledge406: 11:43pm On Apr 22, 2011
Kobojunkie:

^^^
Well, I am glad to know how you were raised, and how you address your folks, but what has that to do with the discussion? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
The bolded below indeed depicts your being. You talk abi you type too much and you think you know but you display your ignorance every now and then. You are not even here to know how things are yet you're quick to type and give analysis to befitting of your reasoning.
People don't take you serious anymore and just skim through your post after reading the first 2 sentences. Get a life I repeat!
Ret[i]arde[/i]dJunkie

jerseyboy:

Re: Petition To Withdraw Youth Corpers From Violent Northern Nigerian States. by Kobojunkie: 11:43pm On Apr 22, 2011
Katsumoto:

Fisrtly, we need to make a distintion between those who choose to be in the North and those who didn't choose to but were sent there because of a senseless program (NYSC). Corpers are supposed to be serving their nation in various capacities in the North and are doing a fantastic job in the process. There are villages that would have no doctors or teachers without corpers. Should the reward they receive be a barbaric death in the name of helping others?

I have a bit of sympathy for people who are killed by mobs but they at least accepted the risk. I CANNOT and WILL NOT accept the death of corpers in the name of a silly program.

Note how I have to this point done nothing but go back to the very same response I have given earlier, which is what programs do we close for to save the NON-NYSC portion of the same population?

Corpers are supposed to serve the nation, so also civilians posted to the North. Our children, when we send them to Federal managed schools are also in the care of the same Government, or are they not? Heck, people who reside in those northern states are also supposed to be under the security of the Government. When this Government fails, and you instead call on it to shut down one program, it makes sense for me to ask why not shut all other programs related to the same Government in the said area -- move everyone down south since this government continues to fail the people it is meant to secure? Why shut down just the NYSC program?
Re: Petition To Withdraw Youth Corpers From Violent Northern Nigerian States. by mcnepow(m): 11:44pm On Apr 22, 2011
texazzpete:

This is why I insist that Nigerians are just sheep.
Of the hundreds of people killed in the North in different crises, only a handful are even NYSC members. Lots of innocent men, women and children have been hacked apart by raging mobs. Instead of you people to start a petition DEMANDING that your president take decisive action to curb these evil attacks, you're talking only about corps members.

We need a long term solution for these rampaging youths not all these attempts to paper over all cracks.

why must u tag approximately 150million Nigerians as sheep We know tackling d root cause is d best solution but at dis atyma, we need a quick response! I am due for 2011 batch b nysc and one thing is sure I AINT GOIN PAST THE SW, SS or SE REGIONS!
Re: Petition To Withdraw Youth Corpers From Violent Northern Nigerian States. by Kobojunkie: 11:46pm On Apr 22, 2011
Wylout:

@KOBO

BE A LIL SENSITIVE!!!

Well, wouldn't the sensitive thing to do here be to call for shut down/cancellation of all the programs that ship/keep innocents to the North, not just the programs that affect those that you have taken a shining to/have some sentimental attachments ? What about the Children in the Federal Schools up in the North? What about the Civil Servants posted up North? What about the Government contractors up not  . . etc?

Why don't we just petition to have all of these programs closed so we can bring them all safely out of these violent areas since we are unwilling to directly attack the Government for continually allowing innocent folks fall to the hands of hoodlums like every other month.
Re: Petition To Withdraw Youth Corpers From Violent Northern Nigerian States. by firmi(m): 11:50pm On Apr 22, 2011
may be they shud be given arms for safty since d gov can nt provide security

jst kidding.bt seriously is indeed very sad.years of education straight 2 d grave
Re: Petition To Withdraw Youth Corpers From Violent Northern Nigerian States. by knzguru(m): 11:51pm On Apr 22, 2011
Signed
Re: Petition To Withdraw Youth Corpers From Violent Northern Nigerian States. by EzeUche3(m): 11:51pm On Apr 22, 2011
Kobojunkie is the one of the most retardded posters Nairaland has ever seen.
Re: Petition To Withdraw Youth Corpers From Violent Northern Nigerian States. by CrudeOil2(m): 11:53pm On Apr 22, 2011
Kobojunkie:

We could also say that since EDUCATION is a Government run program, and given that the same government has not been able to secure the lives of our pupils in the north, we may as well scrap or modify it to ensure that lives of our innocent children would not be wasted as evidenced recently. COME ON!!!

Seems like you love arguments.

Northern pupils dont get killed and they were not posted to live and "serve" the country in the north unlike the corpers, it is mostly the southern corpers who are killed during the riots. These corpers would probably be alive if not for the NYSC program.
Re: Petition To Withdraw Youth Corpers From Violent Northern Nigerian States. by Kobojunkie: 11:56pm On Apr 22, 2011
Crude Oil:

Seems like you love arguments.

Northern pupils dont get killed and they were not posted to live and "serve" the country in the north unlike the corpers, it is mostly the southern corpers who are killed during the riots. These corpers would probably be alive if not for the NYSC program.

Abeg make whatever point you have to make more reasonably already and move on!

To correct you, northern pupils do get killed during riots. See how much you even know of the situation up there? What are you going to tell us next? No hausa's were killed? Or no muslims were killed? What of no children were killed?? COME ON people !!! The problem is obvious here!!! Why continue to attack the non issues??
Re: Petition To Withdraw Youth Corpers From Violent Northern Nigerian States. by Nobody: 11:57pm On Apr 22, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Note how I have to this point done nothing but go back to the very same response I have given earlier, which is what programs do we close for to save the NON-NYSC portion of the same population?

Corpers are supposed to serve the nation, so also civilians posted to the North. Our children, when we send them to Federal managed schools are also in the care of the same Government, or are they not? Heck, people who reside in those northern states are also supposed to be under the security of the Government. When this Government fails, and you instead call on it to shut down one program, it makes sense for me to ask why not shut all other programs related to the same Government in the said area -- move everyone down south since this government continues to fail the people it is meant to secure? Why shut down just the NYSC program?

I disagree with you, location of youth service remains strictly out of most people's power and without a discharge certificate, you can't be employed in Nigeria. To a very large extent, it's like being sent to die involuntarily. Civilians being posted to the North will most probably be aware of the risks and might have taken that into account when making a decision. Same goes for choosing to have your wards educated in the North
Re: Petition To Withdraw Youth Corpers From Violent Northern Nigerian States. by CrudeOil2(m): 12:02am On Apr 23, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Abeg make whatever point you have to make more reasonably already and move on!

To correct you, northern pupils do get killed during riots. See how much you even know of the situation up there? What are you going to tell us next? No hausa's were killed? Or no muslims were killed? What of no children were killed?? COME ON people !!! The problem is obvious here!!! Why continue to attack the non issues??

THE YOUTH CORPERS SHOULD BE PROTECTED BY THE GOVERNMENT BECAUSE THEY ARE SERVING THE COUNTRY AND THEY WOULD NOT BE KILLED LIKE CHICKENS IF THERE WAS NO SUCH THING AS THE NYSC!
Re: Petition To Withdraw Youth Corpers From Violent Northern Nigerian States. by Kobojunkie: 12:05am On Apr 23, 2011
Crude Oil:

THE YOUTH CORPERS SHOULD BE PROTECTED BY THE GOVERNMENT BECAUSE THEY ARE SERVING THE COUNTRY AND THEY WOULD NOT BE KILLED LIKE CHICKENS IF THERE WAS NO SUCH THING AS THE NYSC!

Civilians who are serving the country are not to be protected?? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

Members of the populace are not to be protected even as they auto get that right as citizens? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Petition To Withdraw Youth Corpers From Violent Northern Nigerian States. by biodun70(m): 12:07am On Apr 23, 2011
Don't let Ukeoma Ikechukwu, Obinna Okpokiri and their NYSC mates die in vain!!

I've actually started a FB group to help get justice for Ukeoma and his mates. The group's name is: justice for Ukeoma Ikechukwu, Obinna Okpokiri et al

Link-http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_179579825426318. Please join and spread the word!

The man died who keeps silent in the face of tyranny-Wole Soyinka
Re: Petition To Withdraw Youth Corpers From Violent Northern Nigerian States. by CrudeOil2(m): 12:10am On Apr 23, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Civilians who are serving the country are not to be protected??  undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

Members of the populace are not to be protected even as they auto get that right as citizens?  undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

Something is wrong with you.
Re: Petition To Withdraw Youth Corpers From Violent Northern Nigerian States. by Phate07(m): 12:12am On Apr 23, 2011

Signed.
Re: Petition To Withdraw Youth Corpers From Violent Northern Nigerian States. by THEAMAKA(f): 12:20am On Apr 23, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Civilians who are serving the country are not to be protected?? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

Members of the populace are not to be protected even as they auto get that right as citizens? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
you seem to be missing the point. many corpers HAVE TO STAY THERE because they are serving their country, therefore they cannot leave. no one is saying civilians shouldn't be protected, but a civilian can always leave to safer areas of the country. but the corpers who were forced to participate in the elections and forced to live in the Northern states all in the name of "serving your country for one year" SMH.
Re: Petition To Withdraw Youth Corpers From Violent Northern Nigerian States. by femzy(m): 12:24am On Apr 23, 2011
Adamant Kobo; respond to Naijababe & Amaka'z post, Seems u like to filter out your arguments
Re: Petition To Withdraw Youth Corpers From Violent Northern Nigerian States. by Kobojunkie: 12:28am On Apr 23, 2011
THE AMAKA:

you seem to be missing the point. many corpers HAVE TO STAY THERE because they are serving their country, therefore they cannot leave. no one is saying civilians shouldn't be protected, but a civilian can always leave to safer areas of the country. but the corpers who were forced to participate in the elections and forced to live in the Northern states all in the name of "serving your country for one year" SMH.

Please stop focusing on the ridiculous and look at things as they are. A report just came in of another bomb blast in Kaduna. Are you going to tell me next that because the 12 people killed were probably not in the NYSC -- maybe they were there voluntarily, there is no need to sign any petitions to get others of their kind out of the way of harm? Stop being blindly by sentiments and see things as they are. This is not just about NYSC members that are in harms way . . . people in general up there are, and all due to government incompetence !

Learn to lay blame where it ought to lie. . . . NYSC has been in existence since before you were born and the program has been that way since even before the time of your parents. That there is violent trend, more frequent now than before, is no reason why the program should be scrapped.

About 15,000 people are estimated to have been killed in the north, in the last 1999, and I can bet you that less than 1% of those who met their deaths there were not NYSC members. How many petitions have been signed on their behalf?

The reason for the problem is government, and unfortunately, after thousands of deaths, we have only last Saturday, handed the same another go at the lives of our loved ones in the north. Call on it to act.
Re: Petition To Withdraw Youth Corpers From Violent Northern Nigerian States. by truetalk01(m): 12:29am On Apr 23, 2011
i was once a corper. during my service yr at maiduguri guess what. war, fight, boko haram 2009. this pple are really crazy. nysc looks like waste of time (year) to me.  sad
Re: Petition To Withdraw Youth Corpers From Violent Northern Nigerian States. by cold(m): 12:29am On Apr 23, 2011
I haven't got the patience to read thru the entire thread but I am of the opinion that the NYSC shld be converted to a military draft like what obtains in Israel & elsewhere.If everyone has some sort of military training the nation will be better for it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Kebbi State Orientation Camp Is The Best In Nigeria (pix) / Why The Rising Cases Of COVID-19 In NYSC Camps? NYSC Reacts / NYSC Lagos State To Pay Only 610 Corpers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.