Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:42 AM

Petition To Withdraw Youth Corpers From Violent Northern Nigerian States. - NYSC (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Petition To Withdraw Youth Corpers From Violent Northern Nigerian States. (15658 Views)

A Minute Of Silence For New Corpers From Imsu Who Died On Their Way To Camp / NYSC Bars Corpers From Borno And Yobe / Petition To Withdraw Youth Corpers From Violent Northern Nigerian States. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Petition To Withdraw Youth Corpers From Violent Northern Nigerian States. by kemmy100: 8:07am On Apr 30, 2011
update on the ongoing live poll on www.naijavote.com: Should the NYSC be scrapped? kindly vote and share on : http://www.naijavote.com/main/view/297
Re: Petition To Withdraw Youth Corpers From Violent Northern Nigerian States. by Nobody: 7:11pm On May 01, 2011
Signed.
Re: Petition To Withdraw Youth Corpers From Violent Northern Nigerian States. by Nobody: 7:43pm On May 01, 2011
nationalmirroronline.net/big_read/11171.html

we need to come together to put a stop to this madness called nysc.@ least in the interest of our younger ones
Re: Petition To Withdraw Youth Corpers From Violent Northern Nigerian States. by intrepid: 8:32pm On May 01, 2011
NYSC should not be scraped but let everyone serve in his domain.Period.

I know that if this happens,then the whole aim of the stuff would have been defeated,but, how long will this senseless killing of intellectuals by a group of people who do not value good things continue in this country.I AM ALSO of the belief that nothing will make this this killing to stop soon.

Even if a new constitution is made and some other security measure set up,it will not stop it.Someone is yet going to die.Who will it be?

The gov should not only think about the NYSC but start considering the long awaited SNC.I think its time to come to a round table and have a sincere discussion abt this amalgam called NIGERIA.
Re: Petition To Withdraw Youth Corpers From Violent Northern Nigerian States. by dinggle: 8:39pm On May 01, 2011
True, but those residing in the North know how the Northerners are and they made a choice to remain with the animals, whats the use of making money u wont be alive to spend? assuming thts their reason for staying behind! while we request action from govt to put an end to the killings in the short term we want corpers from southern region rotated within the south, others who are not corpers have a choice to return south wait for govt protection that is prone to disappointing its citizens when needed, no body can make them leave except they decide to.

I Sign On!
Re: Petition To Withdraw Youth Corpers From Violent Northern Nigerian States. by Omooba77: 9:24pm On May 01, 2011
NYSC needs restructuring and repackaging. I pray tha Kobojunkie will marry an aboki like me,I love the way he defend every of our actions!
Re: Petition To Withdraw Youth Corpers From Violent Northern Nigerian States. by dempeople(m): 1:44am On May 02, 2011
signed.
Re: Petition To Withdraw Youth Corpers From Violent Northern Nigerian States. by 2muchlogic(m): 3:19pm On May 02, 2011
yep, it needs to be scrapped asap wink
Re: Petition To Withdraw Youth Corpers From Violent Northern Nigerian States. by Showsure: 4:10pm On May 03, 2011
Oga GEJ, please, do something about this NYSC of a thing. Honestly, a lot of intectuals have gone the drain in the hands of these abokis than two contries fithing a war. There is no war in the country now! And in as much as we pray there should be none, then the government should be ready to protect his people, while that of the NYSC is very imortant NOW.
Please, remeber that if we don't do something now, who knows the children of those that will be involved (God forbid) if they want to praticalised another madness.
GOD BLESS NIGERIA. cool
Re: Petition To Withdraw Youth Corpers From Violent Northern Nigerian States. by sulad82i(m): 6:57pm On May 03, 2011
I was planning to serve in Nigeria for the NYSC but had to think twice after the event that ruptured in wake of this past election. My cousin is leaving the State in less than a month for Abuja to process how her service will go.
If someone can please enlighten me on some concerns I have:
1. Does the NYSC have something like a Union or something like SUG for campus students?
2. If yes or no, is there any body/group/organization that looks out for the well being of corpers?
3. If copers need to lay out complain or make changes (which I doubt), were do they go?
Re: Petition To Withdraw Youth Corpers From Violent Northern Nigerian States. by Nobody: 11:21pm On May 03, 2011
A better way to solve this problem is that all corpers of southern extraction should serve in the southern region while all corpers of northern extraction should serve in the northern region since its obvious the north cant tolorate non muslims.
Re: Petition To Withdraw Youth Corpers From Violent Northern Nigerian States. by kcc515(m): 4:46pm On May 04, 2011
angry Yes please, NYSC should be scrapped, it's not working again, whatever the initaial merits, Human life is top priority, we need to place more value on human life in this country!
Re: Petition To Withdraw Youth Corpers From Violent Northern Nigerian States. by digidamage: 12:19pm On May 05, 2011
NYSC should be scrapped or at the very least completely reviewed, join the Facebook page dedicated to this cause, and spread the word in all online communities, (a full fledged website is in progress and should be ready in a week or two), Let your voice be heard, Like the people of Egypt, let us gather our numbers in online communities , then when the numbers become large enough , physical peaceful protests can commence even bills can be presented to the incoming National assembly,
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Scrap-NYSC/180505038665968
or visit Facebook and search for scrap nysc, then join,
Re: Petition To Withdraw Youth Corpers From Violent Northern Nigerian States. by Nobody: 12:54pm On May 05, 2011
signed
Re: Petition To Withdraw Youth Corpers From Violent Northern Nigerian States. by Solonaira(m): 7:15pm On May 05, 2011
Until sanity prevails, let us suspend the NYSC, if only to save the lives of our young men and women.
Re: Petition To Withdraw Youth Corpers From Violent Northern Nigerian States. by rasputinn(m): 10:26am On May 06, 2011
‘[size=16pt]Stop posting southern corps members to the North’[/size]

http://www.punchontheweb.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201105061474014
Re: Petition To Withdraw Youth Corpers From Violent Northern Nigerian States. by rasputinn(m): 10:27am On May 06, 2011
The aim of establishing the NYSC has been defeated,therefore I submit that it should be scrapped
Re: Petition To Withdraw Youth Corpers From Violent Northern Nigerian States. by bioye(m): 2:51pm On May 06, 2011
NYSC should not be scrapped. I'll have to go with kobojunkie and texazpete on this.

Government should keep posting corp members to the North.

If such members do not feel comfortable about their safety, they do not have to go to the North.

Truth is: not only corp members died. Sadly, many other Nigerians died and they deserve equal attention. Nobody should be killed. Why is it that it's only corpers that are getting all the attention?
Re: Petition To Withdraw Youth Corpers From Violent Northern Nigerian States. by rasputinn(m): 7:54am On May 07, 2011
^^^^
But the death of corpers constitutes a more bitter pill to swallow cos;
1)The corpers are easier targets who mostly are in those death zones by compulsion rather than on their on volition or choice
2)The corpers usually are not very familiar with the ethnoreligious idiosyncracies of their host communities,hence do not always have the advantage of acquaintances they could run to for safety anytime they feel threatened
3)They are mostly youngsters,cut down in their prime,youngsters who're just fresh out of schools,after all their academic toiling and years of contending with academic rigours and the financial,emotional and other investments made for them to graduate from school.
4)Don't forget the that these ones represent the future of the nation,having just graduated in their various fields of study and doubtless would have contributed to the development of their families and society at large

The reasons are endless,I say SCRAP THE SCHEME or in the very least,let corpers serve in their geo-political zones
Re: Petition To Withdraw Youth Corpers From Violent Northern Nigerian States. by zalak45: 1:48pm On May 07, 2011
vote on http://www.naijavote.com/main/view/297 and leave your comments. Share and let your voices be heard!!!!!!
Re: Petition To Withdraw Youth Corpers From Violent Northern Nigerian States. by ridgeman: 8:37am On May 08, 2011
Please also channel all your anger here

National Senate
http://www.nassnig.org/nass/contact.php

National Assembly
http://www.nass.gov.ng/nass2/contact.php

Nothing will come out of this outpouring if you don't keep knocking on their doors and reminding them all that they have blood on their hands
Re: Petition To Withdraw Youth Corpers From Violent Northern Nigerian States. by queensmith: 3:59pm On May 08, 2011
We cant have a country of numerous tribes, languages and cultures- and then be trying out best to seperate them! that makes absolutely no sense! so instead of making corpers serve in thier own states, they might as well scrap the programme and if they have to scrap the programme, it will be the very first obvious indication of Nigeria being a failed state. After that they might as well start seriously talking about dividing the country.

I think the initial approach to this should be building a very nice looking prison akin to guantanamo and getting ready to pack all sorts inside it, young old and otherwise. Discipline is needed in that area, let them whack a few that think its acceptable to initiate genocide in this day and age!
Re: Petition To Withdraw Youth Corpers From Violent Northern Nigerian States. by ise82(m): 8:57pm On May 08, 2011
im supporting this!
Re: Petition To Withdraw Youth Corpers From Violent Northern Nigerian States. by akings100: 9:01am On May 09, 2011
My position is regional posting. Any state or region deficient of corpers, means her youths dont go 2schl. Also let d Govs nd Emirs in those violent northern states apologise 2d family of d victims. Also a compensatn shuld b paid 2d families.
Re: Petition To Withdraw Youth Corpers From Violent Northern Nigerian States. by kemmy100: 7:53pm On May 11, 2011
update on the ongoing live poll on www.naijavote.com: Should the NYSC be scrapped? kindly vote and share on : http://www.naijavote.com/main/view/297
Re: Petition To Withdraw Youth Corpers From Violent Northern Nigerian States. by jaems: 2:32am On May 13, 2011
I sign. I just think this youth service thing be cancelled. This gov wnt do shit.
Re: Petition To Withdraw Youth Corpers From Violent Northern Nigerian States. by russ77(m): 12:32pm On May 13, 2011
*This post if reserved for future tips*
Re: Petition To Withdraw Youth Corpers From Violent Northern Nigerian States. by GODSON2009(m): 9:34pm On May 16, 2011
totally subscribe to the idea of scrapping the nysc scheme,considering the fact that it has deviated totally from the original idea gowon and co set it up for people networking to move them to lagos,abuja and other places with lucrative job offers,some female grads using it as a cover for prostitution and now being used by politicians as canon fodder.

the replacement however in my opinion is compulsory military training like its done in many other countries it will serve to put new graduates to productive use, they could still be posted to different states of the federation like the original nysc scheme intended but they will be protected as they are now non commissioned officers and it will serve to build character,discipline as well
Re: Petition To Withdraw Youth Corpers From Violent Northern Nigerian States. by mxy: 5:30am On May 20, 2011
Let the northerners serve in d north and southerners in the south. Period!
Re: Petition To Withdraw Youth Corpers From Violent Northern Nigerian States. by kemmy100: 9:38pm On May 20, 2011
Voting has began, should the NYSC Program be scrapped or suspended? Kindly vote on http://www.naijavote.com/main/view/297 and leave your comments. Share and let your voices be heard!!!!!!
Re: Petition To Withdraw Youth Corpers From Violent Northern Nigerian States. by Nobody: 10:20pm On May 22, 2011
You all don't get it! The problem is not the nysc its nigeria, majority of the people don't want this union so instead of making a poll for scrapin the program why not make one for breaking the country?

I've been talking to people here down north and I promise you most people here also want to get out of this union. So With a southrn president and him coming from a group that's been shouting breakup please start something and I promise you, I single handedly will get enough support for the movement, if I start it here I will some how end up a terrorist, abi?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Kebbi State Orientation Camp Is The Best In Nigeria (pix) / Why The Rising Cases Of COVID-19 In NYSC Camps? NYSC Reacts / NYSC Lagos State To Pay Only 610 Corpers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.