Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,730 members, 7,809,801 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:12 PM

Cement: Why Only Dangote? - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Cement: Why Only Dangote? (23824 Views)

Only Dangote, BUA, Golden Can Import Sugar, Says CBN / How The Senate Version Of Pib Bill Permits Only Dangote To Import Petroleum Pro / Dangote Crashes Cement Online Sales Price, Signs On Jumia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cement: Why Only Dangote? by guywitzerogal(m): 12:16pm On Apr 29, 2021
Did you said the tread that FIRs grant dangote 22.4billion naira tax.... Did they give BUA or Lafarge?
Re: Cement: Why Only Dangote? by TheSparrow: 12:16pm On Apr 29, 2021
x
Re: Cement: Why Only Dangote? by Goldbw122(m): 12:17pm On Apr 29, 2021
He is a friend to the government, the top government that is why..
Re: Cement: Why Only Dangote? by thesolutions(m): 12:18pm On Apr 29, 2021
You are a clown. You think other cement manufacturers receive the incentives and waivers dangote is getting?
Equal playing ground is what others are asking for.
Dangote will discover a poor substitute to imported raw material and use money to create a bill against importation of such material by other companies that are not ready to compromise quality.

Why won't he be bold to oppress others when gullibles like you are willing to defend him.
jmoore:
Dangote and price of cement.

Most of us like to follow the crowd. The crowd sometimes act based on emotions.

Dangote is not the only cement manufacturer in Nigeria. We have Lafarge and BUA. So why are the blames all pointed at Dangote?

I haven't seen any post that listed prices of Lafarge and BUA cement.

If Lafarge and BUA are cheaper than Dangote, then go for the cheaper ones.

If all of them have same prices, then 'crucify' all. Not dragging only Dangote.
Re: Cement: Why Only Dangote? by dalass(f): 12:20pm On Apr 29, 2021
Built2last:
People are not just happy the favours and support Dangote enjoys from government

No one is against him personally but against government nepotism in supporting only him by granting he alone favours not extended to other businesses...

It is clearly unfair.... What's sauce for the goose should the same for the gander
Re: Cement: Why Only Dangote? by Ellegacy(m): 12:21pm On Apr 29, 2021
To the best of my knowledge, Dangote has access to Forex. Infact, I believe since Dangote factories are located in Nigeria, it want for forex is limited.

Unlike the other companies that basically convert their profits to Forex
Re: Cement: Why Only Dangote? by ddeola: 12:27pm On Apr 29, 2021
because he's the CABAL, he sponsored all your politicians and moreover, he's an ab*ki. sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad

If he were to be a Yoruba or Ibo, "they" would have crippled his business. undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Cement: Why Only Dangote? by Skillsnigeria: 12:28pm On Apr 29, 2021
hmmm
Re: Cement: Why Only Dangote? by Nobody: 12:28pm On Apr 29, 2021
@ Senior writer
We need visionary leaders... period!
Have you seen Nigerian youth lately?
Re: Cement: Why Only Dangote? by Hallabee1(m): 12:30pm On Apr 29, 2021
falcon01:
because when something is big it is big!

Aje...

so you think you get sense
Re: Cement: Why Only Dangote? by Nobody: 12:31pm On Apr 29, 2021
colorsofrainbow:
words of an irredeemable slave grin

u said it all
Re: Cement: Why Only Dangote? by pennyland(m): 12:31pm On Apr 29, 2021
They are trying to recover there money they out during the campaign,if not how on earth can cement we produce locally not fuel, jump from #2500 to 4k per bag, make things worst when Nigerians are in there trying time like this, those that mean both the cement producers and government can not regulate the price in the market?
Re: Cement: Why Only Dangote? by hollah123: 12:34pm On Apr 29, 2021
colorsofrainbow:
dont mind the idiots,many of them don't understand the meaning of monopoly n how it can have adverse effects on the economy
Re: Cement: Why Only Dangote? by olatuns2017: 12:34pm On Apr 29, 2021
jmoore:

Dangote is not the only cement manufacturer in Nigeria. We have Lafarge and BUA. So why are the blames all pointed at Dangote?

Illterates will only think Dangote is the only one selling cement ...even nairaland can't do simple findings!

1 Like

Re: Cement: Why Only Dangote? by PAWG(m): 12:36pm On Apr 29, 2021
Seniorwriter:
@OP are you a paid agent?
Only Dangote...because of the backing of past & present clueless wicked government.
Allowing monopoly in a country with over 200million people and yet they deceive the citizens with fake promises during election!
We need young visionary leaders in all strata of Nigeria's leadership roles.

@Seniorwriter

Monopoly of what? Where did you read that Dangote is the only manufacturer of cement? Stop being rigid, think! Re-read the post, then let it digest. Open your mind

2 Likes

Re: Cement: Why Only Dangote? by ceaser: 12:36pm On Apr 29, 2021
You don't get it , do you?

It's a cartel. Dangote has the greatest share in cement manufacturing in the country. He has the favour of the government the most. He therefore can influence policies that will either make or mar the progress of the other competitors - Bua, LaFarge et al.

So he wakes up one day and says, "hey guys, I think we should fix this price at 3600 naira across board. They gat no choice but to buy since the price is the same whichever product they decide to patronize. You make your gain, I make my gain and we all smile to the banks.

D'you know that Dangote was once into noodles? He was once into beverages - Dansa was the name of his drink. But he didn't last two years in any of those fields before he took to his heels. This is because he competition in those sectors has defied the influence from the government hence Dangote cannot be favoured over the others. He couldn't break even and make illegal profit so he simply bolted.

Dangote Sugar recently petitioned the FG against Bua Sugar because the latter chose to sell his sugar at a rate lower than Dangote's. Bua had to reply publicly stating the obvious: that Dangite had last year Ramadan approached sugar manufacturers nationwide to fix prices at a higher rate. Bua had differed saying that prices of raw materials and overhead costs had remained stable and therefore there was no justification for a price increase. He therefore had sold at a price reasonable for him and reasonable to the consumers.

Dangote lost a significant market share if sugar because if this, reason he was bitter with Bua.

So you see my friend, Dangote is a rent seeker that is not likely to survive a strong atmosphere of competition. And competition is what drives down prices and creates a semblance of sanity in the market and in the economy. A monopolistic market kills an economy, monopolistic marketing is what Dangote thrives at. That's how he has managed to stay as Africa's richest time and again.

In the US, your allowable profit margin on any product isn't expected to exceed 16% or thereabout. Once you're found out you've exceeded that profit limit for selfish purposes, you can be sued by the government using antitrust laws Dangote cement has a profit margin in excess of 50% on his cement.

The US government has sued Microsoft's Bill gates before and last year or thereabout, Google and Facebook had their own share of smack from the US government for monopolistic activities.

What is currently happening with Dangote dictated cement prices is what will eventually play out when his refineries start. He already said it a month ago that "he is a business man, it is therefore market forces and demand that will determine the price he will sell his fuel.

He is already indirectly telling you guys to get ready and that is why the FG is mulling peri-250 naira as the pump price of petrol. They are prepping the ground for take off of the refinery.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cement: Why Only Dangote? by IpobAntidote: 12:41pm On Apr 29, 2021
Nigerians are very gullible and easily brainwashed.
Just keep repeating a false narrative and before you know it, they will take as fact.

Smh

1 Like

Re: Cement: Why Only Dangote? by Troublemaker007(m): 12:43pm On Apr 29, 2021
jmoore:

We have other political parties in Nigeria but which two political parties call the shots? Use your brain young man and stop creating stupid thread
Re: Cement: Why Only Dangote? by Niyonice(m): 12:46pm On Apr 29, 2021
IpobAntidote:
Nigerians are very gullible and easily brainwashed.
Just keep repeating a false narrative and before you know it, they will take as fact.

Smh
They even prefer the false news than the real one.

Check my signature for quality and bespoke handmade footwears

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cement: Why Only Dangote? by LikeAking: 12:47pm On Apr 29, 2021
Zobah:
When you consider the overall cost of doing business in Nigeria, including taxes, logistics, raw materials, etc, you'll actually agree with me why dangote cement is expensive

Join in

Remember, we're currently running a special offer on our Crypto Investment Course and Crypto Mentoring Club.

Here's what you'll be learning
- Crypto Basics - Token, Coins, Blockchain
- Getting familiar with your crypto platforms
- Risk Management
- Setting up your Crypto Platform
- Creating a Wallet and Crypto Interfaces
- Trading on Crypto
- Picking Winning Coins
- Making passive income from crypto
- Technical Analysis
- Fundamental Analysis

Limited space available BINANCE TRAINING
https://chat.
whatsapp.
com/JhKNd1fK5013hmEhgO1Exc
or Call/WhatsApp Mr Ojo
+234 902 578 9792

The cost of doing business in Nigeria is very low for big industry players, but high for small players.

These guys are making it big.

Na money from Nigeria Dangote take become the richest blackman.

1 Like

Re: Cement: Why Only Dangote? by onuman: 12:48pm On Apr 29, 2021
ImpregnaTor:
Nigeria is useless; North to South undecided
Methinks, many groups in the south are most useless for not understanding how they are caged in by the Fulani in one dysfunctional Nigeria.
One hardly sees any other brand of cement in Nigeria to buy, talk less, price, except Dangote cement.
Re: Cement: Why Only Dangote? by Zionman24: 12:53pm On Apr 29, 2021
And why wouldn't he be Africans Richest man. He's a Fulani and part of their plans to taking over Nigeria.
Re: Cement: Why Only Dangote? by DrSadikMagaji(m): 12:55pm On Apr 29, 2021
BUA remain one of the best cement in Nigeria, and blockmakers are making their number one choice.

BUA has no interest in such activities. they just want to meet and continue to exceed their customers expectation while keeping their probity in tact.

1 Like

Re: Cement: Why Only Dangote? by ipobarethieves: 12:55pm On Apr 29, 2021
sad can’t remember the last time I see elephant cement.Lagos state govt don bought their head office at Alausa.Bua isn’t much available in lagos
Re: Cement: Why Only Dangote? by omoolorire(m): 12:57pm On Apr 29, 2021
Dangote needs to build Nigerian then if satisfied He can proceed to build Nigeria. That is when I will recognize him as the richest in Nigeria. Anyway Dangote can supply me 200 bags of cement at affordable price to finish my on going building project.
Re: Cement: Why Only Dangote? by ThierryJay: 12:58pm On Apr 29, 2021
OP the reason the focus is on Dangote is because he is the market leader by some distance and the one who pulls the strings in the cement segment.

Essentially, Dangote determines the cement wholesale price even for BUA and LafargeHolcim. These other players set their prices based on pricing moves made by Dangote on cement. They dare not take the initiative in pricing because it may backfire on them cos they know Dangote wields the controlling power in that sector. I know all these because I've worked in professional capacity closely with one of Dangote's competitors.

Dangote is like Bayern Munich in the Bundesliga. If a team constitutes a threat to Bayern, they simply buy their best players over. Last year, Dangote easily poached Lafarge's MD, Michel Purchercos, like he was some piece of Shawarma. That gives you an indication of how powerful he is.

1 Like

Re: Cement: Why Only Dangote? by AllenSpencer: 12:58pm On Apr 29, 2021
[s]
jmoore:

[/s]
[s]
jmoore:

[/s]
[s]
jmoore:

[/s]
[s]
jmoore:

[/s]
Re: Cement: Why Only Dangote? by AngelicBeing: 12:58pm On Apr 29, 2021
colorsofrainbow:
Hahaha, Lol at irredeemable slave, savages everywhere, Una go kill person with laugh for Nairaland.com wink
Re: Cement: Why Only Dangote? by AllenSpencer: 12:59pm On Apr 29, 2021
Zionman24:
And why wouldn't he be Africans Richest man. He's a Fulani and part of their plans to taking over Nigeria.

You are not brilliant.
No one born of hate has succeeded in life.
Re: Cement: Why Only Dangote? by AllenSpencer: 1:01pm On Apr 29, 2021
ceaser:
You don't get it , do you?

It's a cartel. Dangote has the greatest share in cement manufacturing in the country. He has the favour of the government the most. He therefore can influence policies that will either make or mar the progress of the other competitors - Bua, LaFarge et al.

So he wakes up one day and says, "hey guys, I think we should fix this price at 3600 naira across board. They gat no choice but to buy since the price is the same whichever product they decide to patronize. You make your gain, I make my gain and we all smile to the banks.

D'you know that Dangote was once into noodles? He was once into beverages - Dansa was the name of his drink. But he didn't last two years in any of those fields before he took to his heels. This is because he competition in those sectors has defied the influence from the government hence Dangote cannot be favoured over the others. He couldn't break even and make illegal profit so he simply bolted.

Dangote Sugar recently petitioned the FG against Bua Sugar because the latter chose to sell his sugar at a rate lower than Dangote's. Bua had to reply publicly stating the obvious: that Dangite had last year Ramadan approached sugar manufacturers nationwide to fix prices at a higher rate. Bua had differed saying that prices of raw materials and overhead costs had remained stable and therefore there was no justification for a price increase. He therefore had sold at a price reasonable for him and reasonable to the consumers.

Dangote lost a significant market share if sugar because if this, reason he was bitter with Bua.

So you see my friend, Dangkte is a rent seeker that is not likely to survive a strong atmosphere of competition. And competition is what drives down prices and creates a semblance of sanity in the market and in the economy. A monopolistic market kills an economy, monopolistic marketing is what Dangote thrives at.

In the US, your allowable profit margin on any product isn't expected to exceed 16% or thereabout. Once you're found out you've exceeded that profit limit for selfish purposes, you can be sued by the government using antitrust laws Dangote cement has a profit margin in excess of 50% on his cement.

The US government has sued Microsoft's Bill gates before and last year or thereabout, Google and Facebook had their own share of smack from the US government for monopolistic activities.

What is currently happening with Dangote dictated cement prices is what will eventually play out when his refineries start. He already said it a month ago that "he is a business man, it is therefore market forces and demand that will determine the price he will sell his fuel.

He is already indirectly telling you guys to get ready.

Long gibberish!

In a competitive market, Dangote tells Ibeto the price he should sell right?

You lots are fvcking stupid

2 Likes

Re: Cement: Why Only Dangote? by WibusJaga: 1:01pm On Apr 29, 2021
Because "To whom much is given, much is expected"
Re: Cement: Why Only Dangote? by AllenSpencer: 1:03pm On Apr 29, 2021
thesolutions:
You are a clown. You think other cement manufacturers receive the incentives and waivers dangote is getting?
Equal playing ground is what others are asking for.
Dangote will discover a poor substitute to imported raw material and use money to create a bill against importation of such material by other companies that are not ready to compromise quality.

Why won't he be bold to oppress others when gullibles like you are willing to defend him.

Stop peddling lies!

Has any cement producer brought any of your accusations forward

You just sit in your home and be manufacturing news

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

CBN Suspends Dollar To Naira Trades Till Monday / Nigerian Banks Owe Foreign Lenders $4bn / War Against The Bookies (the Fellowship Of Advanced Punters)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.