Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,893 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:55 AM

Secret Behind Sanusi Lamido's Appointment - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Secret Behind Sanusi Lamido's Appointment (13249 Views)

North Under Siege Because Of Buhari —gov Lamido / President Jonathan Visits Emir Of Kano, Lamido Sanusi (Photos) / I am Now Sarkin, Not Emir Of Kano - Sanusi Lamido (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Secret Behind Sanusi Lamido's Appointment by ektbear: 11:21pm On Apr 22, 2011
dem_people:

And so why're people so ready to claim fulani ancestry eventhough it quite might be false. Is there something about the fulani that makes them seem aristocratic to other northerners? Is it due to their conquests of the 18th and 19th centuries. Maybe it has something to do with the caliphate.

Alj Uche, u should be proud of your kanuri blood and never try to say u have fulani blood even as a joke. If u know much about Idris Alooma's conquests and successes as a king then u should be proud. I know significant info of medieval northern nigeria, with the existence of the Kanem-Bornu empire and the Mali empire stretching all the way to present day Kano in the 14th century and upwards.

My type of dude. I hate insecure, self-loathing Africans. Sadly, many Hausa and Northerners fit this category
Re: Secret Behind Sanusi Lamido's Appointment by dempeople(m): 11:22pm On Apr 22, 2011
I am who I am. 100% Igbo, a direct descendant of Eri himself. I'll never bow, yield, succumb or feel inferior to any body. Ndigbo are not know to feel inferior to anyone. We even feel the jews are our descendants rather than the other way round.

Everyone should be proud of their ethnic nationality. There's no room for inferiority complexes here.
Re: Secret Behind Sanusi Lamido's Appointment by AljUche: 11:24pm On Apr 22, 2011
dem_people:

I am who I am. 100% Igbo, a direct descendant of Eri himself. I'll never bow, yield, succumb or feel inferior to any body. Ndigbo are not know to feel inferior to anyone. We even feel the jews are our descendants rather than the other way round.

Everyone should be proud of their ethnic nationality. There's no room for inferiority complexes here.
grin grin grin grin

i have eri blood too ooo grin grin grin don't forget
Re: Secret Behind Sanusi Lamido's Appointment by dempeople(m): 11:30pm On Apr 22, 2011
Alj Uche:

grin grin grin grin

i have eri blood too ooo grin grin grin don't forget

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Omo, u nearly vex me when u bin say u fit get Fulani blood as if say its a kind of trophy or something great to have it. Maybe u don't know much about your people's ancient history thats why u felt like that.

BTW, abeg complete the list of ethnic nationalities of those guys I listed. I wanna know the ethnic make-up of the political north.
Re: Secret Behind Sanusi Lamido's Appointment by agabaI23(m): 12:19am On Apr 23, 2011
Where is OP to bring more revelations
Re: Secret Behind Sanusi Lamido's Appointment by drstone1: 1:58am On Apr 23, 2011
Yes. I am 1 of those who knew dat d cbn gov was out 2carry out an ethnic agenda by tactfully using d anticorruption battle cry! Unfortunately d divine hand causd d wind 2blow contrarily- Yaradua died. I am sure if nt 4 jonathans emergence, we wud hav seen mor drastic over reaches frm dis man. Who says God is not at work? He is times 11th most influential personality.("applause"wink It is concurent wit d sad story of why nigeria has wandered in d wilderness 4so long. In june 12, 93.nigeria came 2 a cross road.(d numbas of dis date form d cardinal crosspoints of d clock-12,6,9,3!) we are already on d journey of a new nigeria powered by "accidents" or divine acts that forces incontestible lucky changes. Some just say this is mere 'good luck' and js hw far do we hope 2get bankin on good luck. I must say,TO THE VERY TOP. Do recognise The old is dyin n passin away, fresh air is blowin across naijeria. Apart frm d politics,we play. KNOW THAT D DIVINE HAS A WILL.We must nt stand against IT.we must get it right, u really cannot resist an idea whose time has come. When a great wind is blowin, al d trees of d forest bend in its direction or else they break and r uprooted. GOODLUCK 2 al nigerians!!!
Re: Secret Behind Sanusi Lamido's Appointment by drstone1: 1:59am On Apr 23, 2011
Yes. I am 1 of those who knew dat d cbn gov was out 2carry out an ethnic agenda by tactfully using d anticorruption battle cry! Unfortunately d divine hand causd d wind 2blow contrarily- Yaradua died. I am sure if nt 4 jonathans emergence, we wud hav seen mor drastic over reaches frm dis man. Who says God is not at work? He is times 11th most influential personality.("applause"wink It is concurent wit d sad story of why nigeria has wandered in d wilderness 4so long. In june 12, 93.nigeria came 2 a cross road.(d numbas of dis date form d cardinal crosspoints of d clock-12,6,9,3!) we are already on d journey of a new nigeria powered by "accidents" or divine acts that forces incontestible lucky changes. Some just say this is mere 'good luck' and js hw far do we hope 2get bankin on good luck. I must say,TO THE VERY TOP. Do recognise The old is dyin n passin away, fresh air is blowin across naijeria. Apart frm d politics,we play. KNOW THAT D DIVINE HAS A WILL.We must nt stand against  IT.we must get it right, u really cannot resist an idea whose time has come. When a great wind is blowin, al d trees of d forest bend in its direction or else they break and r uprooted. GOODLUCK 2 al nigerians!!!
Re: Secret Behind Sanusi Lamido's Appointment by Naijatech: 2:02am On Apr 23, 2011
ya'all can say whatever.

Sanusi is a hero.
Re: Secret Behind Sanusi Lamido's Appointment by VPersiee: 3:11am On Apr 23, 2011
Wait, wait, wait. This guy (the OP) comes around with conspiracy theories based on no facts whatsoever, while maligning several politicians, and he is applauded? Really? Says a lot about you guys that are just nodding in agreement.
Re: Secret Behind Sanusi Lamido's Appointment by jchuckc(m): 3:32am On Apr 23, 2011
This is a very nice thread, I've read with dismay how little southerners know about the north. Fulanis are the ruling class, they warrior like nomads, while the hausas were farmers, as such they conquered the hausas, thus its more or less an insult to refer to a fulani man as hausa while the reverse would be a complement .Contrary to popular belief hausa and fulani are as different as ibibio and yoruba, the hausas are more as such quite a number of fulanis speak hausa, but in states like Adamawa its different. There are quite a number of minority tribes in the north, the small tribes that are muslims have more or less lost their identity, for instance Bauchi state has up to 10 dead/dieing languages. The kanuris were never conquered by the fulanis. Only the core North Western states do not have a sizable christian indigenous minority. For instance states like Adamawa, Kaduna, Nassarawa are 50% or slightly less christian. The deputy governor of gombe state has to be christian cos the percentage of indigenous christians is as high as 40%. States like Plateau and Taraba have an outright chrsitian majority. There are more than 50 non hausa or fulani tribes in plateau/bauchi/gombe/adamawa/borno/taraba axis put together. Infact apart for Murtala Muhammed (this too is subject to opinion) all the other northern presidents are not hausa. Shagari, Buahari and Yar Adua are fulani, IBB is nupe, Abacha was Kanuri, Yakubu Gowon is angas. Even Atiku is not hausa.

1) Sule Lamido
2) Mohammed Goje.
3) Rilwanu Lukman.
4) Isa Yuguda
4) Modu Sheriff
5) Yakowa (Minority north?)
6) Shema
7) Usman Dakingari
8  Ibrahim Idris
9) Late Abubakar Rimi
10) Babangida Aliyu
11) Aliyu Doma
12) Aliyu Wamako
13) Mahmud Shinkafi
14) Ibrahim Geidam
15) Danbaba Suntai
16) Bala Muhammed
17) Maitama Sule
18  Aliyu Gusau
19) Sambo

As for your list most of the people there are actually hausa or fulani. Mode Sheriff is Kanuri and Peter Yakowa should be Jabba or so, not sure though.
Re: Secret Behind Sanusi Lamido's Appointment by ektbear: 3:50am On Apr 23, 2011
Are the Hausa happy with the state of affairs? They they are ruled over by Fulani? Why must (almost) every major northern leader be Fulani?

In mosques, if there are Fulani and Hausa there, can the Hausa take the lead?

The way you paint the picture, I feel pretty bad for the Hausa man.
Re: Secret Behind Sanusi Lamido's Appointment by dempeople(m): 4:33am On Apr 23, 2011
@jchuckc

The fulani are never a majority in any of the northern states. Infact, they're a minority tribe up there in the north lording it over the other ethnic groups there as a result of a sense of entitlement thanks to Fodio's conquests.

If the hausa despite being a majority, allowed the fulani - a minority, to lord it over them then it says a lot about their state of mental wellbeing and indeed, gives an insight into why we've always had bad leadership from the north despite their "born-to-rule" ideology!

From the list, I'm more specifically interested in the ethnicities of the follow men;

1) Mohammed Goje
2) Isa Yuguda
3) Yakowa
4) Shema
5) Bala Mohammed
6) V.P Sambo
7) Dankingari
Re: Secret Behind Sanusi Lamido's Appointment by babaowo: 4:49am On Apr 23, 2011
nah wha oooo what next now ?
Re: Secret Behind Sanusi Lamido's Appointment by ektbear: 4:53am On Apr 23, 2011
dem_people:

@jchuckc

The fulani are never a majority in any of the northern states. Infact, they're a minority tribe up there in the north lording it over the other ethnic groups there as a result of a sense of entitlement thanks to Fodio's conquests.

50 or 100 years from now, people might look back at recent events and say that Buhari losing is the best thing that ever happened for the Hausa man.

"Born-to-rule" doesn't seem to benefit them at all undecided
Re: Secret Behind Sanusi Lamido's Appointment by Rhino5dm: 5:09am On Apr 23, 2011
Yeah! Bigots are having it all their way on this thread.

stvpid jealosy go kill all of una. A man made the list of TIME magazines most influential people and all you could come up with is a stvpid nasty excusses on his appointment.

who cares about who/what appointed him? If he has succeeded in turning the table around.

Keep on displaying your hatred and sheer ignorance while he continues to win all awards internationally. Just prepare your 3 drops of cynide in advent of his nobel award. What not, the dude read 'sharia'.

Miserable sordid glorified coons!
Re: Secret Behind Sanusi Lamido's Appointment by ccfr9ja(m): 8:10am On Apr 23, 2011
9JA BOIZ!!
ALWAYS TALKING ABOUT ONE THING OR THE OTHER.
NICE ANALYSIS THIS TIME THOUGH
Re: Secret Behind Sanusi Lamido's Appointment by evamathis: 8:22am On Apr 23, 2011
This thread is timely cause Ive observed down south here that everyone up north is regarded as a hausa man
Its so bad some people dont know there are christian Northerners
Anyway me sef get plenty to talk o
As someone said these are not conspiracy theories but I dey suspect the Op
Cause its obviously someone that knows stuff
My problem is whats the reason this thread was opened if its purely for education
Then its befitting but if its for propagands then ,
We are reading and watching and waiting
By the way Gov Patrick Yakowa is from southern kaduna
A village called kagoma in kaduna state and a christian for those asking
Am out
Re: Secret Behind Sanusi Lamido's Appointment by TCD: 8:25am On Apr 23, 2011
This is soo funny. Someone sits in his bedroom And concocts tales by moonlight without any evidence, comes to NL And posts it And educated grown men just sit back And lap it all up. Asking for "more insight" just because of their ethnic hatred.

I don't know which is funnier, that this poster is omnipresent And is somewhat privy to all D̶̲̥̅̊ backroom dealings of D̶̲̥̅̊ "Nothern aristocrats" And we should take his word for it OR his claim that Sanusi's Vice is "Homosexuality". Chai, i Can't stop laughing ooo .lmao
Re: Secret Behind Sanusi Lamido's Appointment by homerac7: 8:40am On Apr 23, 2011
Mohammed Goje is from Kashere in Akko LGA of Gombe state. There r no indeginous hausas in d state but fulanis are represented in d extreme norther part where it shares boundary wt Yobe state. The south where Goje ( a progressive and muslim) is from is majorly christian and d technocratic strenght of d state while d fulani dominated north is sadly as usually expected.

1 Like

Re: Secret Behind Sanusi Lamido's Appointment by oYaTo(m): 9:15am On Apr 23, 2011
TCD:

This is soo funny. Someone sits in his bedroom And concocts tales by moonlight without any evidence, comes to NL And posts it And educated grown men just sit back And lap it all up. Asking for "more insight" just because of their ethnic hatred.

I don't know which is funnier, that this poster is omnipresent And is somewhat privy to all D̶̲̥̅̊ backroom dealings of D̶̲̥̅̊ "Nothern aristocrats" And we should take his word for it OR his claim that Sanusi's Vice is "Homosexuality". Chai, i Can't stop laughing ooo .lmao

Did you even bother reading the entire thread?

Better put ur reading glasses on undecided

jamalah:

sule lamido is a full blooded fulani man who still speaks the language fluently. contrast him with buhari who once went to a world fulani conference i think in senegal some few years back and had to make his address in english. he is a fulani man that has lost his heritage. but you will still be surprised that the fulani still retain their tribalistic ways that demean the hausa. several of my friends have told me that buhari's trust starts with you being a fulani man. for instance if you make a call to his home phone if you cant speak fulani you get a very rough reception. buba is a fulani name so his very close confidant engr buba galadima is also one.
sule lamidos vice is homosexuality. this is is a common knowledge in kano you can ask any body.
Re: Secret Behind Sanusi Lamido's Appointment by JaaizTech: 9:31am On Apr 23, 2011
dr stone:

Yes. I am 1 of those who knew dat d cbn gov was out 2carry out an ethnic agenda by tactfully using d anticorruption battle cry! Unfortunately d divine hand causd d wind 2blow contrarily- Yaradua died. I am sure if nt 4 jonathans emergence, we wud hav seen mor drastic over reaches frm dis man. Who says God is not at work? He is times 11th most influential personality.("applause"wink It is concurent wit d sad story of why nigeria has wandered in d wilderness 4so long. In june 12, 93.nigeria came 2 a cross road.(d numbas of dis date form d cardinal crosspoints of d clock-12,6,9,3!) we are already on d journey of a new nigeria powered by "accidents" or divine acts that forces incontestible lucky changes. Some just say this is mere 'good luck' and js hw far do we hope 2get bankin on good luck. I must say,TO THE VERY TOP. Do recognise The old is dyin n passin away, fresh air is blowin across naijeria. Apart frm d politics,we play. KNOW THAT D DIVINE HAS A WILL.We must nt stand against  IT.we must get it right, u really cannot resist an idea whose time has come. When a great wind is blowin, al d trees of d forest bend in its direction or else they break and r uprooted. GOODLUCK 2 al nigerians!!!

Look my friend the fact that Sanusi is from the North does not naturally imply He is there for an ulterior motive, stop this useless tribalism; everything the man has done has turned out to be correct. Ibru / Akingbola are rogues, why are some of us trying to look away and play one useless ethnic card. There is no reason to suspect Sanusi, so stop creating one from a figment of your imagination.

Every leader has his own preference and naturally people are closer and trust their kinsmen more. GEJ removed Dambazau (Northerner) and put in an Igbo man, He removed a northerner in NNPC and replaced him with alison Maduekwe (southerner), there are so many examples. As a leader you need ppl. you trust around you and as long as they get the job done, I don't think we should worry much
Re: Secret Behind Sanusi Lamido's Appointment by kokogee: 9:45am On Apr 23, 2011
This is my problem with Nigerians- no wonder is country is stagnant. We concentrate more on analysing some nonsense history that has no bearing with economic development, job creation and overall improvement in the standard of living of the majority. Rather than concentrating more on the achievement of SANUSI, one id__t  is here telling us he is from Kano while international organisations are busy recognising his achievements in the Nigerian banking industries thru awards and honours.

When will an average Nigerian start thinking of WHAT SM1 CAN OFFER rather than WHERE IS THE PERSON FROM?

THIS IS A NONSENSE THREAD POSTED BY A PAROCHIAL ID--T  ; AND I THINK IT SHOULD BE DELETED

Note that I am a yoruba man that have been in Lagos all my life and I have no relationship with Sanusi. but I am passionate about his good work which if everybody would go about doing their works in the same manner; Nigeria will be better for all and not few.
Re: Secret Behind Sanusi Lamido's Appointment by TCD: 9:55am On Apr 23, 2011
oYaTo:

Did you even bother reading the entire thread?  

Better put your reading glasses on  undecided

Hahahahahah grin . Honest mistake bro BUT does that change D̶̲̥̅̊ fact that some random fellow has come up with bogus tales without any evidence apart from "its common knowledge in my street in D̶̲̥̅̊ village" And grown men like you are asking for more 'insight' like D̶̲̥̅̊ illiterate almajiri you all Hate  undecided . Lmao. Naija is a really funny country.
Re: Secret Behind Sanusi Lamido's Appointment by dempeople(m): 10:08am On Apr 23, 2011
I wonder what the fuss is all about. Who's heckling Sanusi Lamido on here? What the f.uck! And some i.diots posting here don't even bother to read the thread before posting silly trash. Go through the thread from the beginning and you'll see its only an informative thread.

And so I don't have the right to know more about people who lead us because they're from the north? What nonsense! Get a life if you don't like the tone of this thread. angry

1 Like

Re: Secret Behind Sanusi Lamido's Appointment by lonewolf: 10:19am On Apr 23, 2011
I do think that Sanusi's insistent glorification of Islamic traditions and his Northern roots are somewhat unhealthy. However, there is no doubt that he has been good for the Nigerian banking sector. That industry was a mess.
Re: Secret Behind Sanusi Lamido's Appointment by Sarahluv(f): 10:19am On Apr 23, 2011
Don't really care about how he was appointed. I am glad he was and is efficient. Is the Nigerian banking industry now as healthy as it should be? How can Nigeria further benefit from the man in the banking sector?
Re: Secret Behind Sanusi Lamido's Appointment by JJay1(m): 11:04am On Apr 23, 2011
The post is made up nonsentical fiction.

[list]
[li][/li]
[li][/li]
[/list]Sanusi Lamido at no point resigned from First Bank, he was appointed CBN Governor from the post of MD First Bank
[list]
[li][/li]
[li][/li]
[/list]There was no time under Yaradua that 2 Kano men were Minister and Minister of State for Finance. Remi babalola was minister of state and he is from Ibadan in Oyo State
[list]
[li][/li]
[li][/li]
[/list]That you can say that "Sanusi Lamido's stint in commercial banking was "uneventful" shows how ignorant you are - the guy rose to be AGM in UBA and rose to be MD of First Bank. as far back as 10 years ago he was on top 3 of most respected Credit analysts in the entire banking industry
[list]
[li][/li]
[li][/li]
[/list]Im a big fan of Soludo but the truth is that if he is still running the show at CBN, the banks would have simply vanished by now. Shows you lack basic macroeconomic and central banking/finance knowledge
[list]
[li][/li]
[li][/li]
[/list]Clearly your write up lack any substance nor does it shoa any intelligence whatsover and its only in a faceless forum like this that people like you get to air your simpleton ideas.

Before you jump into conclusions, im not from kano and not even a northerner. Im a proud Yoruba and do not and have never met Sanusi Lamido, but why kill our few heros whilst the whole whole is celebrating them
Re: Secret Behind Sanusi Lamido's Appointment by shesi(m): 11:26am On Apr 23, 2011
It is only in Nigeria that the fulani man enjoys such a lofty status.
i wonder why
fulanis are present in most if not every west african country and they don't enjoy this status anywhere else.

in ghana, they are looked down upon and used to be viewed with absolute disgust. true second class citizens (not that i support such) The ashantis for instance subjugated the fulani men for hundrends of years until they signed some kind of protectorate agreement with the british. they used to castrate fulani men before they were made house-boys, perfoming such tasks as bathing the ashanti man's wives.

the fulanis benefited the most from the arrival of europeans to west africa. they quickly signed protectorate agreements (to protect themselves from other tribes) but in the end, it is they who were captured, mostly by other tribes and sold to the euorpeans as slaves. most african americans today can trace their ancestry to fulanis. a trained african eye can still see the characteristics in the not-so-mixed ones.

what are these warrior traits among the fulanis you speak of? i believe they are a minority in every country they are found in. i don't know how the fulani came to enjoy such a priveledged position in nigerian society but i suspect the british had something to do with that. certainly not any superior military might of the fulanis.

the only thing fulanis are known to have are beautiful women. which is why they are tolerated most places they go. this is certainly the case in ghana.
Re: Secret Behind Sanusi Lamido's Appointment by Rhino5dm: 11:36am On Apr 23, 2011
^^^Take that bullcrap to Ghanaland.[size=32pt] This is NAIRALAND[/size]

1 Like

Re: Secret Behind Sanusi Lamido's Appointment by shesi(m): 11:46am On Apr 23, 2011
^^ fulani man by any chance?

sorry but the truth sometimes hurt. im only telling it like it is. this is not peculiar to ghana by any means. it's the same in most other west african countries.

history is history whether we like it or not.
Re: Secret Behind Sanusi Lamido's Appointment by SPIDER90: 12:43pm On Apr 23, 2011
kokogee:

This is my problem with Nigerians- no wonder is country is stagnant. We concentrate more on analysing some nonsense history that has no bearing with economic development, job creation and overall improvement in the standard of living of the majority. Rather than concentrating more on the achievement of SANUSI,

That is the issue, I have being trying to think of what the economy has gain by the actions of Sanusi but I found none, apart from the awards being collected here and their.
Nothing wrong in collecting awards if it is related to his role as CBN gov, but most of these awards are given because of his so called social crusade like fight with national assembly and has no direct or indirect bearing with the economy or monetary policies.
That this guy has ethnic agenda is not in doubt, for his fan, ask him next time u see him why recruitment in CBN since he assumed duty has been in favour of northern extraction particularly, Kano his state of origin.
I rest my case, but all of us should remember that whatever we do, history and God will judge us all. He judge intentions and not actions.
Re: Secret Behind Sanusi Lamido's Appointment by emmatok(m): 12:44pm On Apr 23, 2011
JJay1:

The post is made up nonsentical fiction.

[list]
[li][/li]
[li][/li]
[/list]Sanusi Lamido at no point resigned from First Bank, he was appointed CBN Governor from the post of MD First Bank
[list]
[li][/li]
[li][/li]
[/list]There was no time under Yaradua that 2 Kano men were Minister and Minister of State for Finance. Remi babalola was minister of state and he is from Ibadan in Oyo State
[list]
[li][/li]
[li][/li]
[/list]That you can say that "Sanusi Lamido's stint in commercial banking was "uneventful" shows how ignorant you are - the guy rose to be AGM in UBA and rose to be MD of First Bank. as far back as 10 years ago he was on top 3 of most respected Credit analysts in the entire banking industry
[list]
[li][/li]
[li][/li]
[/list]Im a big fan of Soludo but the truth is that if he is still running the show at CBN, the banks would have simply vanished by now. Shows you lack basic macroeconomic and central banking/finance knowledge
[list]
[li][/li]
[li][/li]
[/list]Clearly your write up lack any substance nor does it shoa any intelligence whatsover and its only in a faceless forum like this that people like you  get to air your simpleton ideas.

Before you jump into conclusions, im not from kano and not even a northerner. Im a proud Yoruba and do not and have never met Sanusi Lamido, but why kill our few heros whilst the whole whole is celebrating them

GOOD BLES YOU MY BROTHER .

Because Sanusi Lamido entered 11th On Time 100 Most Influential People List they want to rubbish him.

Did Sanusi Lamido bribed TIMES for the recognition?

ABEGI this bad blood should stop.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

When Silence Means Contempt: The Nation Shades President Buhari / Ngige: Buhari Is Healthier Than 80% Of Nigerians / Man Arrested By Ude Oko Chukwu For Exposing Electoral Fraud, Regains Freedom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.