Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,588 members, 7,955,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:33 PM

NBC Suspends Channels TV For Speaking With IPOB, Slams N5 Million Fine - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NBC Suspends Channels TV For Speaking With IPOB, Slams N5 Million Fine (60301 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Is Not Dead, He Is Alive – IPOB Slams Kemi Omololu-Olunloyo / Atiku Abubakar Reacts As NBC Suspends AIT, Ray Power / PDP Reacts As NBC Suspends AIT, Ray Power (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NBC Suspends Channels TV For Speaking With IPOB, Slams N5 Million Fine by CoolAmbience(m): 6:15pm On Apr 26, 2021
Ckonnet:
What happened to freedom of speech?

Freedom of speech isn't absolute.

It has it limits; especially when it infringes on the collective wellbeing and harmonious coexistence of others.

That serves Channels TV right, as well as a deterrence to others.

4 Likes

Re: NBC Suspends Channels TV For Speaking With IPOB, Slams N5 Million Fine by SyrusdeHansome(m): 6:15pm On Apr 26, 2021
PlayMaker14:
They hate anything Igbo...

From Danladi Umar to Baba lifeless and his gang of Efulefu's.

Let's not go too far, even a particular moderator here can ban you indiscriminately just because you identify with a group he doesn't like.

That's how I was banned 4 saying my mind. They behave as if some of us will die if we don't access naira land. Nonsense!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NBC Suspends Channels TV For Speaking With IPOB, Slams N5 Million Fine by MansoryMX(m): 6:15pm On Apr 26, 2021
But Gumi is allowed to speak on behalf of Bandits. Nigeria is gone!
Re: NBC Suspends Channels TV For Speaking With IPOB, Slams N5 Million Fine by Subsider(m): 6:15pm On Apr 26, 2021
Did someone talk grin
Re: NBC Suspends Channels TV For Speaking With IPOB, Slams N5 Million Fine by donnie(m): 6:16pm On Apr 26, 2021
bhella10:
Freedom of speech? Dead! Freedom after speech? No such thing. But Channels TV of all broadcast media should know better.

Know better and cover the truth?
Re: NBC Suspends Channels TV For Speaking With IPOB, Slams N5 Million Fine by Nobody: 6:16pm On Apr 26, 2021
Ckonnet:
This government can guarantee you freedom of speech, not freedom after speech
Re: NBC Suspends Channels TV For Speaking With IPOB, Slams N5 Million Fine by AwesomeStormy00(m): 6:17pm On Apr 26, 2021
PlayMaker14:

Let's not go too far, even a particular moderator here can ban you indiscriminately just because you identify with a group he doesn't like.

Lol you post is funny
Re: NBC Suspends Channels TV For Speaking With IPOB, Slams N5 Million Fine by tonididdy(m): 6:17pm On Apr 26, 2021
The percentage of the illetrates or i-dont-cares in the South outweighs the caregiver and illetrates in the South.

How do you explain nepotism, tribalism, religious bigotry and biasness of this govt to them.

We fcked... Why the North is advancing boldly, the South is clueless and ignorant.

The military, airforce, navy...are highly Islamised and northernised. Again I saw we in the South are fcked, the east is being screwed as we speak, while the West is still playing 2face

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NBC Suspends Channels TV For Speaking With IPOB, Slams N5 Million Fine by ken6488(m): 6:17pm On Apr 26, 2021
CoolAmbience:

It has it limits; especially when it infringes on the collective wellbeing and harmonious coexistence of others.

But gumi is free
Re: NBC Suspends Channels TV For Speaking With IPOB, Slams N5 Million Fine by ken6488(m): 6:17pm On Apr 26, 2021
Any body that believes in Nigeria is a joker

It is clear now our country is controlled by jihadist

3 Likes

Re: NBC Suspends Channels TV For Speaking With IPOB, Slams N5 Million Fine by AwesomeStormy00(m): 6:18pm On Apr 26, 2021
Gosh that country is finished
Re: NBC Suspends Channels TV For Speaking With IPOB, Slams N5 Million Fine by chris4gold(m): 6:18pm On Apr 26, 2021
Murder by Buhari and his goons

Ckonnet:
Re: NBC Suspends Channels TV For Speaking With IPOB, Slams N5 Million Fine by Jolomenas: 6:18pm On Apr 26, 2021
PlayMaker14:

From Danladi Umar to Baba lifeless and his gang of Efulefu's.

Nobody hates anything igbo
I am hausa and I cant forget my kindhearted friend (ernest ogbodo) an igbo guy!!
We just hate bigots and criminals
Nonesense

2 Likes

Re: NBC Suspends Channels TV For Speaking With IPOB, Slams N5 Million Fine by TWoods(m): 6:18pm On Apr 26, 2021
Vaughanlanrewaj:
The Nigerian press is a huge let down. They are feeding fat from traffic revenue from bad news and fake news and it got them drunk. I still cringe at the audacity of Channels TV. Haba!!! shocked

They should bring Shekau tomorrow. After Shekau, they should go to where ever and bring the bandits and IPOB terrorists leader killing our patriots and innocent citizens and interview him at 10pm prime time and let him make inflammatory statements that will cause more death so they can report the death.

Channels TV and its officials behaved so badly and unpatriotic that they covered the terrorist on Sunday prime time 7pm to deliberately allow him make seditious warfare attack against the state using misinformation on the platform of Channels TV and make rallying call to his terrorists base just 24hrs after our gallant security men decimated their ranks and it was so consequential that today, less than 24hrs after the interview of the terrorist, there's a bloody tribal clash in Lagos today ! Channels TV is culpable and they should all be held to account and NBC do to Channels TV what SEC did to Oando.

NBC should go beyond punishing Channels TV and recommend the arrest of the approving authority for the interview and whoever arranged the interview to the DSS. Channels TV is a corporate identity and not tangible, the individuals using the brand to sabotage the country must be prosecuted separately.visit www.freestuffsng.com for latest freestuffs in Nigeria. God bless my fatherland Nigeria

If you want an authoritarian dictatorship, just say so in one sentence. You may dislike IPOB, but Channels should be free to allow the people to hear from all sides. The only reason NBC is doing this is that the government is afraid... an informed citizenry is a danger to a corrupt dictatorship, intent on foistering a system that only works for the rich elites.

While the government is busy banning TV stations for airing IPOB's point of view, they are busy demanding settlements and amnesty for Boko Haram. Go figure.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NBC Suspends Channels TV For Speaking With IPOB, Slams N5 Million Fine by Nobody: 6:18pm On Apr 26, 2021
Ckonnet:

This government can guarantee you freedom of speech but not freedom after speech
Re: NBC Suspends Channels TV For Speaking With IPOB, Slams N5 Million Fine by AwesomeStormy00(m): 6:19pm On Apr 26, 2021
CoolAmbience:

Are you joking where is balanced reporting bro
Re: NBC Suspends Channels TV For Speaking With IPOB, Slams N5 Million Fine by Jamesbally: 6:19pm On Apr 26, 2021
Good one. grin grin grin

Why would they talk to a Terrorist?

Re: NBC Suspends Channels TV For Speaking With IPOB, Slams N5 Million Fine by Tbizey1: 6:19pm On Apr 26, 2021
Fellow nairalanders pls what did I do to deserve this treatment? Mod banned my main account without any reason since 2018 till 2027 I had to open another when I was force to comment.

This is the way Nairaland will be suspended too with fine.... Mtchew[/b]

Re: NBC Suspends Channels TV For Speaking With IPOB, Slams N5 Million Fine by ken6488(m): 6:19pm On Apr 26, 2021
Jolomenas:

I am hausa and I cant forget my kindhearted friend (ernest ogbodo) an igbo guy!!
Nonesense
But you romance bandits and terrorists boko Haram
Re: NBC Suspends Channels TV For Speaking With IPOB, Slams N5 Million Fine by mandate12: 6:19pm On Apr 26, 2021
Vaughanlanrewaj:
The Nigerian press is a huge let down. They are feeding fat from traffic revenue from bad news and fake news and it got them drunk. I still cringe at the audacity of Channels TV. Haba!!! shocked

They should bring Shekau tomorrow. After Shekau, they should go to where ever and bring the bandits and IPOB terrorists leader killing our patriots and innocent citizens and interview him at 10pm prime time and let him make inflammatory statements that will cause more death so they can report the death.

Channels TV and its officials behaved so badly and unpatriotic that they covered the terrorist on Sunday prime time 7pm to deliberately allow him make seditious warfare attack against the state using misinformation on the platform of Channels TV and make rallying call to his terrorists base just 24hrs after our gallant security men decimated their ranks and it was so consequential that today, less than 24hrs after the interview of the terrorist, there's a bloody tribal clash in Lagos today ! Channels TV is culpable and they should all be held to account and NBC do to Channels TV what SEC did to Oando.

NBC should go beyond punishing Channels TV and recommend the arrest of the approving authority for the interview and whoever arranged the interview to the DSS. Channels TV is a corporate identity and not tangible, the individuals using the brand to sabotage the country must be prosecuted separately.visit www.freestuffsng.com for latest freestuffs in Nigeria. God bless my fatherland Nigeria

Are you a Buhari spam bot?

3 Likes

Re: NBC Suspends Channels TV For Speaking With IPOB, Slams N5 Million Fine by TWoods(m): 6:20pm On Apr 26, 2021
Jolomenas:

Nonesense

You really don't. Self determination isn't bigotry... you're only concerned because self determination for the South will basically turn the arid North into a desert no better than Niger Republic. Your concern is the loss of the free gravy train the north has been feeding fat on for decades.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: NBC Suspends Channels TV For Speaking With IPOB, Slams N5 Million Fine by ken6488(m): 6:20pm On Apr 26, 2021
The only reason Nigeria can't allow south east to leave is because of south south

1 Like

Re: NBC Suspends Channels TV For Speaking With IPOB, Slams N5 Million Fine by AwesomeStormy00(m): 6:20pm On Apr 26, 2021
TWoods:

If you want an authoritarian dictatorship, just say so in one sentence. You may dislike IPOB, but Channels should be free to allow the people to hear from all sides. The only reason NBC is doing this is that the government is afraid... an informed citizenry is a danger to a corrupt dictatorship, intent on foistering a system that only works for the rich elites.

While the government is busy banning TV stations for airing IPOB's point of view, they are busy demanding settlements and amnesty for Boko Haram. Go figure.

Gosh it is well. Tribalism is killing Nigeria, Islamasation of naija is now at 90%
Re: NBC Suspends Channels TV For Speaking With IPOB, Slams N5 Million Fine by faste: 6:20pm On Apr 26, 2021
Amanda4life:
MILLITARY RULE IS BETTER.
AT LEAST WE GO SEE FOOD CHOP
You come this world to chop?
Re: NBC Suspends Channels TV For Speaking With IPOB, Slams N5 Million Fine by donnie(m): 6:21pm On Apr 26, 2021
Minjim:
Nah wah O

Can't these media houses come together and resist this tyranny?

Exactly
Re: NBC Suspends Channels TV For Speaking With IPOB, Slams N5 Million Fine by Web2Safe1: 6:21pm On Apr 26, 2021
My question is after paying for the fine, where will the 5M go?

In construction abi for country betterment?
Re: NBC Suspends Channels TV For Speaking With IPOB, Slams N5 Million Fine by Tvoice: 6:21pm On Apr 26, 2021
But bandit spokesman is allowed to say whatever he likes abi , what a kwantry
Re: NBC Suspends Channels TV For Speaking With IPOB, Slams N5 Million Fine by Jolomenas: 6:23pm On Apr 26, 2021
ken6488:
But you romance bandits and terrorists boko Haram
It’s either you don’t comprehend or just chose to be stupid.
I hate and condemn criminality even if its from my kinsmen.
Re: NBC Suspends Channels TV For Speaking With IPOB, Slams N5 Million Fine by TWoods(m): 6:24pm On Apr 26, 2021
jrusky:

Sorry, on this I think NBC has done the right thing nothing like freedom of speech when it comes to terrorism, secessionist or rebel or jihadism pls no sentiment ok. If such is allow their fellow Bitchs in the North will say Shekau too should be allow to speak on live broadcast.

Rule is rule break it and face the hammer moreso let us not forget ipob has be proscribed so freedom of speech is dead on this ok.

Thanks.

and? Let Shekau speak on live broadcast... that is his problem.

1 Like

Re: NBC Suspends Channels TV For Speaking With IPOB, Slams N5 Million Fine by emmaella: 6:24pm On Apr 26, 2021
jrusky:

Sorry, on this I think NBC has done the right thing nothing like freedom of speech when it comes to terrorism, secessionist or rebel or jihadism pls no sentiment ok. If such is allow their fellow Bitchs in the North will say Shekau too should be allow to speak on live broadcast.

Rule is rule break it and face the hammer moreso let us not forget ipob has be proscribed so freedom of speech is dead on this ok.

Thanks.
There is no government in this country what we have is Hausa government. OPC has been proscribed yet they are killing people in the southwest and nothing is done to them. Na thunder go fire Nigeria if they fail to extend their attacks on ipob to OPC, herders boko haram etc

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NBC Suspends Channels TV For Speaking With IPOB, Slams N5 Million Fine by dreu2fine(m): 6:25pm On Apr 26, 2021
LesbianBoy:
Nigeria will NEVER be great

I repeat..

Nigeria will NEVER be great
it will be greater ok
Re: NBC Suspends Channels TV For Speaking With IPOB, Slams N5 Million Fine by onuman: 6:25pm On Apr 26, 2021
darefams:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/04/breaking-nbc-suspends-channels-tv-for-speaking-with-ipob/

It’s like British Broadcasting Commission punishing BBC TV Channel for speaking with Scottish separatists.

Fulani Broadcasting Commission. Fulani last minutes desperado for keeping one dysfunctional Nigeria.

Where was Fulani when it adopted unconstitutional Islamic Sharia criminal justice system and wanted to use Boko Haram to export the justice system to all the states of Nigeria?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Boy Stands In Front Of Tinubu's Convoy, Gets Pushed Away (Video) / 5 Nigerian Television Series That Held Us Spellbound This Decade / Akunyili's Family Discovers 110 Awards Packed Inside Her Box(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.