Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,452 members, 7,819,665 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:12 PM

Ikonso: Is Nigerian Army Grossly Overrated? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ikonso: Is Nigerian Army Grossly Overrated? (814 Views)

Wike To COAS Attahiru: 'Your Predecessor, Buratai, Was Grossly Partisan’ / Yul Edochie: Nnamdi Kanu Is A Hero Grossly Misunderstood / Borrowing To Subsidise Electricity Grossly Irresponsible -FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ikonso: Is Nigerian Army Grossly Overrated? by goodnessme1(f): 11:28pm On Apr 26, 2021
News broke yesterday of the
killing of an ESN commander
Ikonso and "six others". But
Beneath the media sensation
which expectedly followed lies the question of competence of
Nigeria armed forces.

It was initially reported that
the ESN commander and six of his men were killed in an ESN base during a raid by the police, with the police
incurring no loss. This would
have been a fair win from the
police to me.

But later it was learnt that it
was actually a combined special force operation from
Army, police , DSS, Irt from
Abuja that lead the ambush
operation in which only two
ESN men were killed and
several security operatives including police and army
were killed by few ESN men.
The army initially denied
casualty but has now admitted it lost four men . Considering the low pedigree of our armed forces when it comes to transparency, the figures could be close to ten men as claimed by people on ground, not including security officers killed during reprisals yesterday.
The worrying part
is that the military hierarchy
are celebrating when actually
they incurred more loss.
Note these were almost the
best guys drawn from our security agents. Note also that the killed guy has been
contacted by the Governor to
head the SE vigilante ebubeagu, which made his
identity vulnerable to attack. If the prevailing celebration
mood of our military hierarchy truly reflect their mindset despite loosing more men and risk of heavy escalation, it means they are fighting a war in which army will most likely be overwhelmed in the
nearest future.

By: Simon K. Williams.
Williams is a strong believer in One Nigeria and writes from Lagos.

#IgbereTV

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikonso: Is Nigerian Army Grossly Overrated? by chatinent: 11:40pm On Apr 26, 2021
The only thing I noticed is a zebra charging towards a uniformed man.
Re: Ikonso: Is Nigerian Army Grossly Overrated? by after4: 11:40pm On Apr 26, 2021
You are very smart but you belief in one Nigeria made me weep for how smart brain like yours can be so wrong at the same time.
Continue believing in one Nigeria, when we have gone, you can keep your nigeria one.
Nice logic though

3 Likes

Re: Ikonso: Is Nigerian Army Grossly Overrated? by thelinguist: 11:43pm On Apr 26, 2021
Nigerian military is one of the best in the continent, na just politics affecting it.. They are very underrated.. Who told you they are almost the
best guys drawn from our security agents?..
Re: Ikonso: Is Nigerian Army Grossly Overrated? by Lordave: 11:47pm On Apr 26, 2021
thelinguist:
Nigerian military is one of the best in the continent, na just politics affecting it.. They are very underrated.. Who told you they are almost the
One of the best covert terrorist organization in the world.

Thanks to wholehearted support from our dulling daddy Buhari

2 Likes

Re: Ikonso: Is Nigerian Army Grossly Overrated? by thelinguist: 11:48pm On Apr 26, 2021
Lordave:
One of the best covert terrorist organization in the world.

Thanks to wholehearted support from our dulling daddy Buhari
your opinion
Re: Ikonso: Is Nigerian Army Grossly Overrated? by doggedfighter(f): 11:51pm On Apr 26, 2021
Why are they displaying that flag with pomp and peageantry?

Isn't that a terrorists' flag?
Re: Ikonso: Is Nigerian Army Grossly Overrated? by doggedfighter(f): 11:52pm On Apr 26, 2021
Are Zebras fighting our army?
Re: Ikonso: Is Nigerian Army Grossly Overrated? by FatherOfJesus: 12:04am On Apr 27, 2021
thelinguist:
lol, Boko Haram is smiling at you.

1 Like

Re: Ikonso: Is Nigerian Army Grossly Overrated? by 2elliot: 12:08am On Apr 27, 2021
goodnessme1:
News broke yesterday of the
killing of an ESN commander
Ikonso and "six others". But
Beneath the media sensation
which expectedly followed lies the question of competence of
Nigeria armed forces.

It was initially reported that
the ESN commander and six of his men were killed in an ESN base during a raid by the police, with the police
incurring no loss. This would
have been a fair win from the
police to me.

But later it was learnt that it
was actually a combined special force operation from
Army, police , DSS, Irt from
Abuja that lead the ambush
operation in which only two
ESN men were killed and
several security operatives including police and army
were killed by few ESN men.
The army initially denied
casualty but has now admitted it lost four men . Considering the low pedigree of our armed forces when it comes to transparency, the figures could be close to ten men as claimed by people on ground, not including security officers killed during reprisals yesterday.
The worrying part
is that the military hierarchy
are celebrating when actually
they incurred more loss.
Note these were almost the
best guys drawn from our security agents. Note also that the killed guy has been
contacted by the Governor to
head the SE vigilante ebubeagu, which made his
identity vulnerable to attack. If the prevailing celebration
mood of our military hierarchy truly reflect their mindset despite loosing more men and risk of heavy escalation, it means they are fighting a war in which army will most likely be overwhelmed in the
nearest future.

By: Simon K. Williams.
Williams is a strong believer in One Nigeria and writes from Lagos.

#IgbereTV
If you know that empires fall and empires rise, you would not be a believer of one nigeria, knowing that injustice as a fuel for sustaining her engines will run out one day.

1 Like

Re: Ikonso: Is Nigerian Army Grossly Overrated? by goodnessme1(f): 5:59am On Apr 27, 2021
after4:
You are very smart but you belief in one Nigeria made me weep for how smart brain like yours can be so wrong at the same time.
Continue believing in one Nigeria, when we have gone, you can keep your nigeria one.
Nice logic though
I don't believe in One Nigeria please.

Why should i?

1 Like

Re: Ikonso: Is Nigerian Army Grossly Overrated? by chidiebube107: 6:29am On Apr 28, 2021
goodnessme1:

My dear whenever they publish the they killed in unit number, trust me na very dirty work dem do.
they don't even mind acting victims just to cover their atrocities.

I'm Igbo and military personal as well.
Re: Ikonso: Is Nigerian Army Grossly Overrated? by jlinkd78(m): 7:27am On Apr 28, 2021
Nigerian Army simply overrated

(1) (Reply)

"Adopt Ruga If You Want Peace In Benue"-buhari Tells Ortom / Insecurity : Sen. Anyim Writes Open Letter To President Buhari, Makes Suggestion / Assassinated Gulak's Video Clip

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.