Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,688 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:36 PM

Insecurity: Governors Cry Out, Demand Action From Buhari - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Insecurity: Governors Cry Out, Demand Action From Buhari (23406 Views)

Rising Insecurity: Governors Have Turned Security Votes To Pocket Money - Ngige / Wike On Insecurity: Governors Only Running To Abuja To Take Photos With Buhari / Enugu Airport A Shadow Of Itself - South East Governors Cry Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Insecurity: Governors Cry Out, Demand Action From Buhari by Burtonj: 11:06am On Apr 28, 2021
membranus:

I put a call across to the president, Muhammadu Buhari. I was put on hold for over an hour and 15 minutes. This call was made in the presence of 13 men and 4 women, the president's aide told me that the president will get back to me.

The president through his aide after 4 hrs told me that the president will do something about it.

My relative was among the people who witnessed this call (Sly Idoko).

On hearing that the police have not arrived at Uzo Uwani, I called GOC 82 division for help. I was referred to the presidency again.

This time around, I was put on hold for nearly 2hrs again. While waiting to speak to the president, news came in that the attack I was planning to prevent has actually taken place.

Within an hour after the Fulani coordinated attacks, the Commissioner and GOC who referred me to the president has mobilised their men to stop retaliation.

- Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi, Governor of Enugu state

Buhari is the problem with this country

Terrorist sympathizer

1 Like

Re: Insecurity: Governors Cry Out, Demand Action From Buhari by juman(m): 11:08am On Apr 28, 2021
Buhari is so bad, he can't lead a state well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Insecurity: Governors Cry Out, Demand Action From Buhari by gbagyiza: 11:08am On Apr 28, 2021
AllenSpencer:
grin grin grin

Same gibberish

Long sentences without action.

And the cycle continues..

same recommendation given as in previous years. Duplication of ideas with no action. Nigeria is gone.
Re: Insecurity: Governors Cry Out, Demand Action From Buhari by juman(m): 11:10am On Apr 28, 2021
Nigerian problems were there before but buhari escalated the problems to unbelievable proportion.

He is president of fulanis.
Re: Insecurity: Governors Cry Out, Demand Action From Buhari by InaNla(f): 11:26am On Apr 28, 2021
princepee:
so you stayed awake just to type this rubbish?

I will ignore your comments as a fellow patriot.

Kai barber!
Re: Insecurity: Governors Cry Out, Demand Action From Buhari by executive12: 11:36am On Apr 28, 2021
Obamaofusa:

Buhari,whom I voted for in 2015,may God forgive me,has shown that he has ulterior motive and everything as I perceive it,has to do with his Fulani tribe ......
They have failed woefully and Fulanis have been defeated and they will rise no more.

Fulanis defeated??. I'm not aware of that.
Re: Insecurity: Governors Cry Out, Demand Action From Buhari by Nobody: 11:40am On Apr 28, 2021
AllenSpencer:
grin grin grin

Same gibberish

Yet most of them knew the man was a Coupist and delivered Nigeria's first ever recession in 1984/85.

Nigerians are irredeemable.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Insecurity: Governors Cry Out, Demand Action From Buhari by prophetfire: 11:51am On Apr 28, 2021
AllenSpencer:
grin grin grin

Same gibberish

. And they expect a mannequin to take action for them. They are all on a looooooooooooooooooooooog thing.
Re: Insecurity: Governors Cry Out, Demand Action From Buhari by MrUchenna1(m): 11:53am On Apr 28, 2021
Officialhorlah:
Govs cry out, demand action from Buhari as 21 more Nigerians killed

https://punchng.com/govs-cry-out-demand-action-from-buhari-as-21-more-nigerians-killed/

Nti ike
Re: Insecurity: Governors Cry Out, Demand Action From Buhari by tradepunter: 11:58am On Apr 28, 2021
helinues:
Pictures of them crying or this is another fake news... undecided

For the blood of the innocent that have fallen in the hands of the wicked due to incompetency of the evil you defend in power, may misery befall your household.
Re: Insecurity: Governors Cry Out, Demand Action From Buhari by Zane2point4(m): 12:00pm On Apr 28, 2021
Kreme:
May Oluremi tinubu suffer great loss in her life, may she bury her children with her hands
She's a very wicked woman my dear.
Can you imagine what a mother is saying?

Playing blw party lines, our condition hvnt still convinced her to see beyong partisan politics, we are on verge on a full break down of law and anarchy is fast approaching all she could utter is seeing that fellow as being unpatriotic to his party.
Shame.
Re: Insecurity: Governors Cry Out, Demand Action From Buhari by sojfarm: 12:02pm On Apr 28, 2021
Why should any serious person hold meeting with Buhari on security.

Buhari is overdue for impeachment; then trial and sentence for crimes against humanity and felony!!!
Re: Insecurity: Governors Cry Out, Demand Action From Buhari by Nobody: 12:06pm On Apr 28, 2021
Maj196:
They are scared because it's getting closer to them gradually grin

They heard a governor's house got burnt.

Likely, that is why they are wailing.

Selfish people.
Re: Insecurity: Governors Cry Out, Demand Action From Buhari by Zane2point4(m): 12:08pm On Apr 28, 2021
SmartPolician:

Nigeria is a country of about 200 million people.
It will take a while for democracy to develop here because the country is dealing with lots of people from different backgrounds.

Who would have thought that the opposition could beat an incumbent president? Yes, that's progress. The drawback is that Buhari doesn't seem to be building on the gains of democracy....even though he's one of the biggest beneficiaries.

I remember how often Obasanjo and Jonathan used to hold a live media interactive programme. Obasanjo would take questions from the public and even cracked very funny jokes.

Today, we practically beg Buhari to address us. That creates the room for people to rumour that it's his doppelganger. Funnily enough, he doesn't even care. My biggest concern is that Buhari's successor may just maintain his worrisome traits. And the institutions are too weak to punish them.
You're knowledgeable.
But we still have a very long way to go for our democracy. Many tribes in Nigeria is just wired to be timid and uncivilised.
Re: Insecurity: Governors Cry Out, Demand Action From Buhari by dederocs(m): 12:11pm On Apr 28, 2021
Cry babies, but they are still busy mismanaging funds. What are the Governors doing with their IGR and revenue and security vote, those money is big enough to mobilize security for the states you manage. Una greediness go kill una.
Re: Insecurity: Governors Cry Out, Demand Action From Buhari by Hogan17: 12:24pm On Apr 28, 2021
You will never see that Mannaqubbgrill girl on thread like this , supporting her darling daddy
Smh
Re: Insecurity: Governors Cry Out, Demand Action From Buhari by bayelsaowei(m): 12:31pm On Apr 28, 2021
inoki247:
with NiN Nigeria will be safe like Eldorado....

We don du NiN now buh Nigeria is like Somalia...

Cos security for hell sef no fit be like diz Satan go dey guide am with him boys 247...
don't mind the foolish NCC and pantami..they yap about NIN like they'll do anything with it against violent fulanis crippling our security space..this government would do anything to focus more on less important things rather than pay attention to weightier matters.
Re: Insecurity: Governors Cry Out, Demand Action From Buhari by bayelsaowei(m): 12:32pm On Apr 28, 2021
Yankee101:
The military should and will soon step in

I hope buhari and his government goes to jail

They've destroyed the country, now they want to sell it and run away
which military? The fulani infested military?
Re: Insecurity: Governors Cry Out, Demand Action From Buhari by Goddys(m): 12:52pm On Apr 28, 2021
favour32:

Nai be solution...na una worse pass Buhari... enough of this blame game.

My regret is having right of one vote during election with 1diots that can't reason properly.
Re: Insecurity: Governors Cry Out, Demand Action From Buhari by Obamaofusa: 1:45pm On Apr 28, 2021
executive12:

Fulanis defeated??. I'm not aware of that.

That is because you are Fulani.

Fulanis have been humiliated and defeated.
Re: Insecurity: Governors Cry Out, Demand Action From Buhari by Karemarealty288(m): 1:58pm On Apr 28, 2021
Crying to Buhari is like flogging a dead horse.

1 Like

Re: Insecurity: Governors Cry Out, Demand Action From Buhari by ofiko123(m): 2:25pm On Apr 28, 2021
What are the governor's also doing, buhari stays in Abuja most often than not..
Re: Insecurity: Governors Cry Out, Demand Action From Buhari by nellibaba(m): 2:27pm On Apr 28, 2021
He suggested that the Senate should, “ mandate the leadership of the National Assembly to book an appointment with the Commander-In-Chief on behalf of the 109 senators[b]…because I’m not convinced that Mr President is aware of everything that’s happening.[/b] And if you (Lawan) are meeting with the Commander-in-Chief, all the service chiefs and all the relevant people will be there.”

....a statement that is very hard to swallow. The ' at best' - slow and delayed response to matters of urgent national concern that is now a trademark of this regime seems to justify this kind of thinking.

We can only hope they legislators are able to communicate the current situation of the the nations insecurity to Mr President and perhaps offer solutions that will bring much desired peace and stability to this country.
Re: Insecurity: Governors Cry Out, Demand Action From Buhari by MadeMan01(m): 2:34pm On Apr 28, 2021
I really hope Nigerians have learned their lessons. Nobody should vote
- Ex Military officers. Once a soldier always a soldier
- Non graduate individual into political office- Buhari is a living example of the consequences. No respect even among his peers on international level
-along religious or tribal lines. Christians who voted Osinbajo because he goes to RCCG have seen he is of no use. Muslims who voted Buhari have seen he is a liability to them as he cannot even secure his own state and region from insurgents that he pampers
-Tinubu, His Wife or Cronies

Nigerians should vote on merit only

Every country gets the leadership it deserves. We have accommodated and celebrated corruption and incompetence. Now I hope we have truly learned
Re: Insecurity: Governors Cry Out, Demand Action From Buhari by sulaak(m): 4:23pm On Apr 28, 2021
Zulum and Ortom are the most useless governors in Nigeria always visiting Abuja for photo opportunities. They should arm their youths and deal with the insurgency.

https://www.thecable.ng/wike-on-insecurity-governors-only-running-to-abuja-to-take-photos-with-buhari

Nyesom Wike, governor of Rivers, says some of his colleagues are only running to Abuja to take photographs with President Muhammadu Buhari, instead of tackling the challenges in their states.

Speaking on Tuesday during an interactive session with some traditional rulers, political leaders, and other stakeholders at the government house in Port Harcourt, the state capital, Wike said the baffling state of insecurity is a clear manifestation of bad leadership.

The governor said instead of some leaders to be bold in speaking against the ills in the nation and sincerely pursue solutions to them, they indulge in sycophancy.

“Nigeria has totally collapsed. Look at today — what happened in Nasarawa and Benue states; how they slaughtered people on the road. See what is happening in Niger state and the APC governor there is crying, saying he has been talking to the federal government but nobody has listened to him. And that Boko Haram has come to take over the state, which is closest to Abuja,” Wike said.

Advertisement
“Look at Kaduna and Imo states; there is insecurity everywhere. The only anger I have with Imo state governor is this: I don’t know how people politicise things.

“Nigeria has a lot of problems and they keep running to the villa everyday to disturb Mr. President, for him to see their faces, pose for photographs and will not allow him to work.

“You know you have crisis at your place; you can’t stay to solve it. But every day, you go to see Mr. President so that the world will know that you’re close to him.”

Advertisement
Wike also criticised governors under the All Progressives Congress (APC) for being insincere with their claims that their party has solved the problems of hunger and unemployment.

According to him, governors should focus on finding solutions to the challenges affecting their states, rather than embark on frequent trips to Abuja.
Re: Insecurity: Governors Cry Out, Demand Action From Buhari by luluman: 4:26pm On Apr 28, 2021
iammo:
If they have balls, let them threaten him with impeachment over Insecurity
Ordinarily that's the right thing to do but politicians are a scam themselves.
Re: Insecurity: Governors Cry Out, Demand Action From Buhari by iammo(m): 4:28pm On Apr 28, 2021
luluman:
Ordinarily that's the right thing to do but politicians are a scam themselves.

They know he has enough dirt on them to lock them up, so they hardly want to tackle him
Re: Insecurity: Governors Cry Out, Demand Action From Buhari by annyz: 5:07pm On Apr 28, 2021
Officialhorlah:

https://punchng.com/govs-cry-out-demand-action-from-buhari-as-21-more-nigerians-killed/

I envisage that:

The main target is to overrun the entire South and they are getting close now.

The man that said that the entire country is owned by his tribe has not been invited for questioning or arrested.

1: Just check on the names of the suspected political sponsors and their cohorts.

2: Who are the service chiefs and how are they fighting the battle?

3: How could air force mid air bombard more than 20 soldiers on ground: Who coordinated the bombardment and check the names of the soldiers on ground that were killed.

4: Who is that man that go into the forest to negotiate with the bandits and he could not be gotten by now or trailed to the hideouts?

5: When tribes organize their security network to protect their fatherland they are hunted and decimated.

I weep on daily bases what this once lovely country has turned to be.

Citizens can no longer drive to their home town without being on top speed to avoid being kidnapped in their father land.

They are nearing Abuja now and after Abuja where next if not Southern region.

The situation now is more complex than ever and that is what they want to establish as they head down.

God! God!! God!!! Please do the needful I pray.
Re: Insecurity: Governors Cry Out, Demand Action From Buhari by obama30: 6:04pm On Apr 28, 2021
Officialhorlah:

Buhari know he fails, that's reason he hide to avoid over throw.

Secondly they are planning to hand over to a Northerner military should encase Nigerians protest for he's resignation.

He will hand over to a Northerner military man and start shouting over throw, he return from London with reasons not that he complete his medical treatment.

Without restructuring Nigeria must divide because all tribes had seen the Northerners games. Any good projects that will benefit citizen's starts from North.

While tax and revenue generating projects starts from East and South. Electricity company charge all the state as residential while all state at old Eastern region and some Western region pay electricity bill as commercial area.

Nigeria as country without direction even in insecurity will end in civil war which federal must lost.

Can you invite foreing aid's to start fighting every tribe in Nigeria?

No country with battle of 2 front how much more civil war that will have more than 6 front.
Re: Insecurity: Governors Cry Out, Demand Action From Buhari by EagleNest(m): 8:10pm On Apr 28, 2021
powerbanks:
The chosen few versus the ordinary people. In Nigeria brand of democracy, the people doesn't really have any power, it is the chosen few that commands power.

Why you copy verbatim my contributions in another thread without any acknowledgement of me. That's intellectual robbery.

https://www.nairaland.com/6514523/ganduje-dollar-videos-police-storm#100947436

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Atiku: Why Amaechi Should Resign As Minister – PDP / Is There A Conspiracy Between APC And The media To Conceal Boko Haram Attacks? / Lagos RRS Commander, Tunji Disu Redeployed To Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.