Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,786 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:21 AM

Bozena 5: The Nigerian Army Mechanical Mine Clearance Equipment - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Bozena 5: The Nigerian Army Mechanical Mine Clearance Equipment (268 Views)

Forever Vital 5: The Complete Package For Wellness / How To Use The Mechanical Adjustable Harvester / How I Got Admitted Into Uniben With A Cut Off Mark Of 50 To Study Mechanical Eng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Bozena 5: The Nigerian Army Mechanical Mine Clearance Equipment by efogator(f): 9:39am On Apr 28, 2021
Hello friends, in today’s post, i want to discuss the newly acquired Bozena 5 mine clearing vehicle by Nigerian army, this is a right step in the right direction in our fight against terrorism.

Land mines and IEDs (Improvised Explosive Devices) planted by the Boko Haram terrorists in territories they no longer hold have blown many vehicles, killing the occupants and dismembering soldiers.

The Nigerian Army saw that the task of scanning for and disposal of these explosive devices was time consuming and dangerous to the troops.

Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) Or Bomb Disposal Unit At Work:

This led to the procurement of the Bozena 5 demining system which has reduced the occurrence of IED and mine explosions on military convoys and ground troops.

Now I am going to write about the Bozena 5 and its amazing capabilities and features.

The Bozena 5 is an unmanned mine clearance equipment that was developed by Slovak Way Industries which can be controlled from a 5000m distance by a single operator with remote control system.

It is designed for terrain demining from conventional AP (antipersonnel) and AT (antitank) land mines and for IED removal assistance.

Its approach of safety is based on remote control operation and its noteworthy blast resistance of explosives equivalent to 9kg of TNT (trinitrotoluene).

It can basically operate with both the rotating Flail chain and Tiller tools for effective demining operations.

Its system consists of Prime mover and detachable working unit basically the Flail or Tiller for mine clearance, operators cab and transport trailer.

The Flail and Tiller consists of 52 chain bound maces, which are rotating at a 400-500 turn per minute.

The Bozena 5 is equipped with an armoured plate at the back of the vehicle's chain system and video cameras with wireless picture transmission and GPS for operations beyond line if sight.

The vehicle has a total weight of 12,020kg, height of 3,350mm, length of 7,320mm and mine clearance depth of 350mm.

The vehicle has a EURO III standard TATRA T3C-928-81 turbo engine rated at 270kW which gives the vehicle a maximum speed of 9km/h.

The fuel tank capacity and battery life of the vehicle which can carry out mine clearing tasks is 270l and 11 hours respectively.

It is suitable for clearance of large mine affected areas in northeast Nigeria due to its potential, size and limit.

Aside from demining, the Bozena 5 can be used for clearance of bushes and low vegetation with a height of up to five meters.

It can also be used transport and handling of dangerous materials or as a digging machine, after change of working devices.

The Bozena 5 demining system has been of great help to the armed forces by ensuring roads and forests are free of terrorists, landmines and IEDs which is important to the rapid movement of troops on critical operations.

Source: https://efogator.com/bozena-5-mine-clearance-equipment/

(1) (Reply)

Dr Marksman Chinedu Ijiomah Empowers Man With N1 Million To Start Up Business. / Nigeria Is Now Officially Arabic! / Bank Deposits Rose By N6.95tn In One Year – CBN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.