Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,742 members, 7,809,837 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:44 PM

Akwa Ibom Green River At Ikot Akpa, Ibesikpo (Pictures, Video) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Akwa Ibom Green River At Ikot Akpa, Ibesikpo (Pictures, Video) (53843 Views)

Folajimi Olubunmi-Adewole Dies Trying To Save Woman From River At London Bridge / Loko Oweto Bridge, Benue River At Night. Very Beautiful... (Pictured) / Car Plunges Into Ovia River At Evbonogbon On Lagos-Benin Road. Many Feared Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akwa Ibom Green River At Ikot Akpa, Ibesikpo (Pictures, Video) by MMempire(m): 3:52pm On Apr 29, 2021
NkanAkpanika:
TRAVELOGUE: The water in this Akwa Ibom river is unbelievably green at all times

By Aniete Usen

Source: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10223242188617171&id=1057656518

Thomas Thomas holds out a container to show that water from the river turns white when put inside a bottle
[b][/b]

Lets go back there with a drone and explore the place better. Explorer and Ishilove will go with us this time around.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Green River At Ikot Akpa, Ibesikpo (Pictures, Video) by BuddhaPalm(m): 3:53pm On Apr 29, 2021
Incandescent:
So pristine

This is a tourist gold for any smart country but alas... this is Nigeria. Brilliant citizens with dead leaders

You mistyped safe...
Re: Akwa Ibom Green River At Ikot Akpa, Ibesikpo (Pictures, Video) by pepperdemzombie: 3:53pm On Apr 29, 2021
robosky02:
Ok

Have you seen the red sea?
Where is this? Nice and clear pictures.
Re: Akwa Ibom Green River At Ikot Akpa, Ibesikpo (Pictures, Video) by Monben: 4:02pm On Apr 29, 2021
I totally feel this way too

Jubilancy:
I wish I can get a team we will all pick a day off our very busy lives and go on an adventure....as a team, we contribute and fund our tourism around Nigeria ��.....

My eyes hunger for breathtaking sights.....

My senses are open to capture every moment...

But alas I fear this are just wishful thoughts

Beautiful river
Re: Akwa Ibom Green River At Ikot Akpa, Ibesikpo (Pictures, Video) by INCREDIBLE007(m): 4:08pm On Apr 29, 2021
this is a potential tourist destination

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Green River At Ikot Akpa, Ibesikpo (Pictures, Video) by Nobody: 4:08pm On Apr 29, 2021
pepperdemzombie:

Please what is the name of these places in taraba?
Help with a link or keyword to get more of the pictures.
Which other attractive places do you have over there?
They are beautiful pictures.
sadauna local govt, thats where d first pix is, close to Cameron border, you can still visit takum local govt, USSA local govt, But everywhere is beautiful. They are everywhere, even up to jalingo, the state capital
. there is gembu too. Its a city as high as the heaven. U won't believe what you see with your eyes, i promise you

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Green River At Ikot Akpa, Ibesikpo (Pictures, Video) by pepperdemzombie: 4:10pm On Apr 29, 2021
Viknat:
sadauna local govt, thats where d first pix is, close to Cameron border, you can still visit takum local govt, USSA local govt, But everywhere is beautiful. They are everywhere, even up to jalingo, the state capital
. there is gembu too. Its a city as high as the heaven. U won't believe what you see with your eyes, i promise you
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Green River At Ikot Akpa, Ibesikpo (Pictures, Video) by Abagworo(m): 4:10pm On Apr 29, 2021
That's the colour of Otamiri in Etchie and Owerri.

3 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Green River At Ikot Akpa, Ibesikpo (Pictures, Video) by JuanDeDios: 4:11pm On Apr 29, 2021
whyteteeth:
This is just by my community. Akwa Ibom isongo!!!!
Are there fish in it?
Re: Akwa Ibom Green River At Ikot Akpa, Ibesikpo (Pictures, Video) by themanderon: 4:14pm On Apr 29, 2021
Nothing mysterious about the green river. All water bodies take after the different types of rock they flow through. But this is actually a beauty to behold compared to those dirty coloured ones we have in most parts of this country.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Green River At Ikot Akpa, Ibesikpo (Pictures, Video) by Nobody: 4:21pm On Apr 29, 2021
So nobody thought of toxic waste?
Re: Akwa Ibom Green River At Ikot Akpa, Ibesikpo (Pictures, Video) by ofiko123(m): 4:25pm On Apr 29, 2021
It is always good to travel, it is very exciting and fun to travel....

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Green River At Ikot Akpa, Ibesikpo (Pictures, Video) by BroGeor(m): 4:29pm On Apr 29, 2021
Beautiful scenery

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Green River At Ikot Akpa, Ibesikpo (Pictures, Video) by Blackdisciple(m): 4:29pm On Apr 29, 2021
whyteteeth:
This is just by my community. Akwa Ibom isongo!!!!

Yes ooo

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Green River At Ikot Akpa, Ibesikpo (Pictures, Video) by poiZon: 4:46pm On Apr 29, 2021
Incandescent:
So pristine

This is a tourist gold for any smart country but alas... this is Nigeria. Brilliant citizens with dead leaders
So something of this nature was in akwaibom and nobody thought of enhancing and including it into one of the numerous tourist sites in the state...
It took african facts on twitter that mentioned this green river, before it went viral.
Meanwhile we have commissioner for tourism in the state. I bet he doesnt know such thing is there in akwaibom.
Orman esin... Tuah...
Re: Akwa Ibom Green River At Ikot Akpa, Ibesikpo (Pictures, Video) by poiZon: 4:47pm On Apr 29, 2021
KenOne:
And government can not harness the potential of that site and turn it to a tourist site. Maldives utilized their blue water and today people all over the world go there on vacation.

Udom Emmanuel think smart, I know you're still one of the governors that thinks well not like the Nebuchadnezzar we have in Rivers that for six years is yet to create just one employment.

To the Nebu of Rivers State governance is only about building bridge in the name of flyover, make noise and shout with frog voice.
Dont let my akwaibom people hear u o, they will kill u unbehalf of wike.
Have u not heard....
Re: Akwa Ibom Green River At Ikot Akpa, Ibesikpo (Pictures, Video) by poiZon: 4:49pm On Apr 29, 2021
motionarena:
Spirogyra filled water
And u think na the only water body in nigeria that is filled with spirogyra or green algae?
Re: Akwa Ibom Green River At Ikot Akpa, Ibesikpo (Pictures, Video) by poiZon: 4:50pm On Apr 29, 2021
Fiscus105:
Water is colourless, odourless & tasteless! na so dem teach us for sch oooo.
That is drinkable water they taught u not ocean river or stream bodies..
Re: Akwa Ibom Green River At Ikot Akpa, Ibesikpo (Pictures, Video) by poiZon: 4:52pm On Apr 29, 2021
rowland545:
This is beautiful ...I'm proud to come from this great land... A land of promise..

Akwa ibom isongo !!!
Iya...
Iyaiiii
Re: Akwa Ibom Green River At Ikot Akpa, Ibesikpo (Pictures, Video) by shiwex: 4:53pm On Apr 29, 2021
confidential20:
Nice
pOLLUTION OF THE HIGHEST ORDER
Re: Akwa Ibom Green River At Ikot Akpa, Ibesikpo (Pictures, Video) by rowland545(m): 4:54pm On Apr 29, 2021
poiZon:

Iya...
Iyaiiii
confirm cheesy
Re: Akwa Ibom Green River At Ikot Akpa, Ibesikpo (Pictures, Video) by Durklil: 4:55pm On Apr 29, 2021
Oh
Re: Akwa Ibom Green River At Ikot Akpa, Ibesikpo (Pictures, Video) by poiZon: 4:56pm On Apr 29, 2021
UncommonLogic:

Exactly. Algae is the reason for the color
The writer took time to analyse the scenario, he said the substratum is sandy... Incase u dont understand what i mean, what am saying is the bottom of the river is sandy, crystal clear sandy bottom... So where is the algae, on top of the water or beside it?

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Green River At Ikot Akpa, Ibesikpo (Pictures, Video) by poiZon: 4:58pm On Apr 29, 2021
square7:
Ignorance will not kill you guys. Any way, everyone is Ignorant, only in different subjects.
The green color of the river is explicable from scientific perspectives.
Why are are some swimmingpools in blue or green, and even red color?
The effects of the reflection and refraction of the rays of sunlight upon the materials(sands, stones) lining the river bed is the simplest way to explain why the water flowing in that river is 9green. This is the only way to explain to any layman without scientific details. This is not a magical river.
There are rivers in blue or red color. It is the same phenomenom.
This perspective will hold water if at night the water returns to its normal colour.
I know reflection doesnt occur at night...

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Green River At Ikot Akpa, Ibesikpo (Pictures, Video) by sniperr007(m): 4:58pm On Apr 29, 2021
Incandescent:
So pristine

This is a tourist gold for any smart country but alas... t
his is Nigeria. Brilliant citizens with dead leaders

Akwa ibom state can't do anything with that location in next 25 years.
The people and leaders are so focused on PDP and government Money that they can't think of other means of making money.

Reason Igbos own almost all their businesses there. Everything is PDP.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Green River At Ikot Akpa, Ibesikpo (Pictures, Video) by EMMY76: 4:58pm On Apr 29, 2021
Did this river just turned green or have always been like this since the locals arrived this area?

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Green River At Ikot Akpa, Ibesikpo (Pictures, Video) by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 5:00pm On Apr 29, 2021
NkanAkpanika:
TRAVELOGUE: The water in this Akwa Ibom river is unbelievably green at all times

By Aniete Usen

Source: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10223242188617171&id=1057656518

Thomas Thomas holds out a container to show that water from the river turns white when put inside a bottle
[b][/b]
you don't know your colors again abi? That looks like white to you abi? angry
Re: Akwa Ibom Green River At Ikot Akpa, Ibesikpo (Pictures, Video) by Norwichsailor(m): 5:04pm On Apr 29, 2021
sniperr007:

Akwa ibom state can't do anything with that location in next 25 years.
The people and leaders are so focused on PDP and government Money that they can't think of other means of making money.

Reason Igbos own almost all their businesses there. Everything is PDP.

You've started this nonesense. People are enjoying a thread and you come here with your bigoted stupidity, Igbo own this Igbo own that. Better shut up and face front.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Green River At Ikot Akpa, Ibesikpo (Pictures, Video) by heniford2: 5:08pm On Apr 29, 2021
NkanAkpanika:

By Aniete Usen

[b][/b]
why can't we transform this to money making place damn God

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Green River At Ikot Akpa, Ibesikpo (Pictures, Video) by Dominion375: 5:08pm On Apr 29, 2021
Your name is in the guinness book of record

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Green River At Ikot Akpa, Ibesikpo (Pictures, Video) by frankson1(m): 5:12pm On Apr 29, 2021
NkanAkpanika:

By Aniete Usen

[b][/b]

I need to visit this place to see for my eyes.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Green River At Ikot Akpa, Ibesikpo (Pictures, Video) by pepperdemzombie: 5:14pm On Apr 29, 2021
Viknat:
What search word do I put in Google to get the pictures, I am not going there physically.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Confronts Chinese Officials Over Ill-Treatment Of Nigerians (Video) / Damage Caused By Heavy Rainfall In Lagos Today / When Every Flight In Florida Is Grounded (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.