Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,122 members, 7,811,156 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:28 AM

How Tinubu Will Transform Nigeria Like He Did Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Tinubu Will Transform Nigeria Like He Did Lagos (3166 Views)

God Removed A Military Ruler Who Acted Like He Owned Nigeria - Pastor Adeboye / Al-Mustapha: 56 People Eating Nigeria Like Termites / Anthony Attah: Decade Of Gas Initiative Will Transform Nigeria Into A Gas Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Tinubu Will Transform Nigeria Like He Did Lagos by Nobody: 3:57pm On Nov 18, 2021
This is the message on the lips of every Tinubu follower...

But is that really the selling point of Tinubu?
How possible is it really to transform every part of Nigeria to be like Lagos...

This just reminds me of all the unachievable promises and statements that Buhari and osinbanjo rode to power!

Will Tinubu duplicate all the revenue sources in lagos all over Nigeria?
Seaport, oil companies Hq, taxation, huge population

I don't think that's feasible...

So How will Tinubu transform Nigeria like Lagos ?

VERDICT : BASED ON THE COMMENTS, THERE'S REALLY NO SOLUTION TO NIGERIA AND NIGERIANS.
ALSO TINUBU IS ALSO A CONTINUM OF FAILURE LIKE ALL OTHER POLITICIANS

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Tinubu Will Transform Nigeria Like He Did Lagos by Asgard73: 4:01pm On Nov 18, 2021
His urchins says he knows how to identify talents like Ambode Fashola osibanjo igbokwe oluomo and the rest of the thieving gang

And he toll every Nigeria road .. street .. highways.. to enlarge his bullion crew

9 Likes

Re: How Tinubu Will Transform Nigeria Like He Did Lagos by Hashabiah: 4:02pm On Nov 18, 2021
Tinubu that could'nt change Oshodi is the one that wants to change Nigeria ...? Mtchww. I still thank God for the likes of Fashola and Amobode who came to clean up his mess. If not, Lagos would have been another èwèdu joint in yoruba land

14 Likes

Re: How Tinubu Will Transform Nigeria Like He Did Lagos by BKayy: 4:05pm On Nov 18, 2021
Tinubu transform lagos?

Lol. This is the Funniest joke out there. I never knew Fashola's middle name is Tinubu

Anyways, if Lagos is the hallmark of what you Nigerians call development then my promising people have nothing to gain from wasting any more time with you lots.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Tinubu Will Transform Nigeria Like He Did Lagos by Davash222(m): 4:08pm On Nov 18, 2021
Tinubu should transform his hometown Iragbiji first.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Tinubu Will Transform Nigeria Like He Did Lagos by GauRanTor(m): 4:16pm On Nov 18, 2021
Praise the lord? Halleluia!!

Pls let's settle this matter ones and for all

If you believe tinubu made Lagos what it is abeg LIKE!
But......
If you believe Igbos made lagos abeg SHARE!

HAHAHA WAHALA cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Tinubu Will Transform Nigeria Like He Did Lagos by Baawaa(m): 4:18pm On Nov 18, 2021
R
Re: How Tinubu Will Transform Nigeria Like He Did Lagos by Nobody: 4:31pm On Nov 18, 2021
Asgard73:
His urchins says he knows how to identify talents like Ambode Fashola osibanjo igbokwe oluomo and the rest of the thieving gang

And he toll every Nigeria road .. street .. highways.. to enlarge his bullion crew

Lagos is blessed on all scales, whoever presides over it can't fail
Re: How Tinubu Will Transform Nigeria Like He Did Lagos by aremuforlife(m): 4:32pm On Nov 18, 2021
BKayy:
Tinubu transform lagos?

Lol. This is the Funniest joke out there. I never knew Fashola's middle name is Tinubu

Anyways, if Lagos is the hallmark of what you Nigerians call development then my promising people have nothing to gain from wasting any more time with you lots.
Go back and check all what fashola did was continuation of Tinubu

3 Likes

Re: How Tinubu Will Transform Nigeria Like He Did Lagos by Nobody: 4:32pm On Nov 18, 2021
Hashabiah:
Tinubu could not even change Oshodi in his tenure na Nigeria him wan do? Mtchww. I still thank God for the likes of Fashola and Amobode who came to clean up his mess. If not, Lagos would have been another èwèdu joint in yoruba land

They say Tinubu has an eye for people that can deliver, but his choice and alliance in buhari has shown that is completely false

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Tinubu Will Transform Nigeria Like He Did Lagos by Nobody: 4:33pm On Nov 18, 2021
BKayy:
Tinubu transform lagos?

That's the message they are passing, I'm assuming if it's true Tinubu did so...

How can he possibly replicate that in Nigeria
Re: How Tinubu Will Transform Nigeria Like He Did Lagos by Nobody: 4:35pm On Nov 18, 2021
Thinkam:

Lagos is blessed on all scales, whoever presides over it can't fail
Nah so people talk of the Barcelona team back then during 2008/2009/2010/2011 session grin

3 Likes

Re: How Tinubu Will Transform Nigeria Like He Did Lagos by Nobody: 4:36pm On Nov 18, 2021
I just want a response to my question, not taking a swipe at Tinubu's followers neither do I see a Tribal Thread...

This thread is about one individual and his rumored ambition
As well as his selling point
Re: How Tinubu Will Transform Nigeria Like He Did Lagos by Nobody: 4:37pm On Nov 18, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
Nah so people talk of the Barcelona team back then during 2008/2009/2010/2011 session grin

What's the correlation?
I'm not a football follower maybe that's why I don't get your reference
Re: How Tinubu Will Transform Nigeria Like He Did Lagos by Ayomide811(m): 4:37pm On Nov 18, 2021
I know that the DOT NATION can not decide who become president of this country

2 Likes

Re: How Tinubu Will Transform Nigeria Like He Did Lagos by ObiOfOnitcha: 4:40pm On Nov 18, 2021
Another thread for cry, lamentation and bitterness, well the barking of dogs cannot stop the moon from giving light, hatred and bitterness have never stopped the son from shinning, no baby factory criminal can stop mazi Bola Ahmed Tinubu from the 2023 presidency

9 Likes

Re: How Tinubu Will Transform Nigeria Like He Did Lagos by Nobody: 4:44pm On Nov 18, 2021
Ayomide811:
I know that the DOT NATION can not decide who become president of this country

With reasoning like this no hope.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Tinubu Will Transform Nigeria Like He Did Lagos by Hashabiah: 4:45pm On Nov 18, 2021
Thinkam:

They say Tinubu has an eye for people that can deliver, but his choice and alliance in buhari has shown that is completely false
You are right . But what I do not understand is why are people campaigning for Tinubu when he has no track record of leadership ? I could remember when he was governor of Lagos . Chai...the place looked like a dump. In fact, it was a ghetto that was filled with thugs and hoodlums from top to bottom. It was a terrible period , and you dare not challenge them, because the law(the police ) will tell you that they were employed by Tinubu himself. Since then , I have never had any respect for the man
Re: How Tinubu Will Transform Nigeria Like He Did Lagos by Nobody: 4:45pm On Nov 18, 2021
ObiOfOnitcha:
Another thread for cry, lamentation and bitterness, well the barking of dogs cannot stop the moon from giving light, hatred and bitterness have never stopped the son from shinning, no baby factory criminal can stop mazi Bola Ahmed Tinubu from the 2023 presidency

I'm not against anyone, I'm just saying the selling point of Tinubu isn't really a selling point...
Congrats
Re: How Tinubu Will Transform Nigeria Like He Did Lagos by Davinity: 4:46pm On Nov 18, 2021
Nigerians are the real problem of Nigeria, How can such a person transform Nigeria?

What exactly did he do in Lagos... Times have changed and sincerely I think any other person would have done whatever you're claiming he did in Lagos.

The man is tired and sick... He should be retiring right now

Nigeria needs a young vibrant leader not old senile, tired hands that run to London everything for medicare due to old age
Re: How Tinubu Will Transform Nigeria Like He Did Lagos by Kilotat: 4:47pm On Nov 18, 2021
Nigerians Like electing Sick people.
Check my Signature
Re: How Tinubu Will Transform Nigeria Like He Did Lagos by Nobody: 4:55pm On Nov 18, 2021
Hashabiah:
You are right . But what I do not understand is why are people campaigning for Tinubu when he has no track record of leadership ? I could remember when he was governor of Lagos . Chai...the place looked like a dump. In fact, it was a ghetto that was filled with thugs and hoodlums from top to bottom. It was a terrible period , and you dare not challenge them, because the law(the police ) will tell you that they were employed by Tinubu himself. Since then , I have never had any respect for the man

The last thing Nigeria needs now is who will make things worse or make things remain the same

And to me that's what Osinbanjo and Tinubu represents

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Tinubu Will Transform Nigeria Like He Did Lagos by Nobody: 4:56pm On Nov 18, 2021
Davinity:
Nigerians are the real problem of Nigeria, How can such a person transform Nigeria?

What exactly did he do in Lagos... Times have changed and sincerely I think any other person would have done whatever you're claiming he did in Lagos.

The man is tired and sick... He should be retiring right now

Nigeria needs a young vibrant leader not old senile, tired hands that run to London everything for medicare due to old age

I can honestly say the parameters we use to elect leaders are bias and foolishness
Re: How Tinubu Will Transform Nigeria Like He Did Lagos by Hashabiah: 4:57pm On Nov 18, 2021
Thinkam:

The last thing Nigeria needs now is who will make things worse or make things remain the same

And to me that's what Osinbanjo and Tinubu represents
Osibanjo seems like a mild case of stupidity. But I will not be surprised if he turns out to be worse than all the other leaders we have had
Re: How Tinubu Will Transform Nigeria Like He Did Lagos by helinues: 5:05pm On Nov 18, 2021
Toh
Re: How Tinubu Will Transform Nigeria Like He Did Lagos by BKayy: 5:06pm On Nov 18, 2021
aremuforlife:

Go back and check all what fashola did was continuation of Tinubu
The same way whatever anybody that will later save Abia state will be termed as continuation of T. A Orji and OUK by their urchins.

Oga give honour to whom honour is due.
Whatever happened is Lagos is Fashola's sweat.
Re: How Tinubu Will Transform Nigeria Like He Did Lagos by MrMaestro: 5:11pm On Nov 18, 2021
Clearly people don’t know Tinubu and what he’s accomplished, so let me give you a refresher.

Let’s start with politics. In February 2013, Tinubu's negotiations in creating a "mega opposition" party became paid off with the merger of Nigeria's three biggest opposition parties – the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN), the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC), the All Nigeria Peoples Party (ANPP), a faction of the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) and the new PDP (nPDP), a faction of serving governors of the then ruling People's Democratic Party[33] – into the All Progressives Congress (APC).

Elected in 1999 Tinubu immediately came in with a mind of restructuring and devolution of powers. He was involved in a struggle with the Olusegun Obasanjo-controlled federal government over whether Lagos State had the right to create new Local Council Development Areas (LCDAs) to meet the needs of its large population. The controversy led to the federal government seizing funds meant for local councils in the state (I’ll come back to this later). He would be one of the first governors in the country to challenge the unitary system. Irrespective of that scuffle and seizing of funds in the state, he was able to still persevere through that to grow Lagos in leaps and bounds!

Let’s look at the IGR trajectory of Lagos during his tenure: 1999 (14.6 billion), 2007 (83.06 billion). He grew Lagos IGR 470%. A NUMBER THAT HAS STILL YET TO BE MATCHED BY HIS PREDECESSORS. EVEN WITH SEIZING OF HIS FUNDS. Most important he set the foundations for revenue growth that the state is still building in until this day.

Later year IGR growth are as follows: 2015 (276.6 billion) (Ambode: 230%); 2020 (418.99 billion) (Sanwo Olu 51%).

Most importantly he put in a succession plan and with focus and clout ensured it reigned for YEARS. Meaning projects completed through different governors and the state was able to build on previous advancements. Something nearly EVERY other state still struggles with.

There isn’t another candidate that comes close to his ACCOMPLISHMENTS. Emotions aside. If you all want to continue to suffer by electing incompetent fools that can only give you lip service and make you feel good. Go right ahead. But if you want a strong competent leader that will do what it takes to get Nigeria into a better position either due to genuine care for the country or simply based on his own ego of being great (which is fine with me), then the answer is clear.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Tinubu Will Transform Nigeria Like He Did Lagos by Nobody: 5:25pm On Nov 18, 2021
Hashabiah:
Osibanjo seems like a mild case of stupidity. But I will not be surprised if he turns out to be worse than all the other leaders we have had

He and Buhari are the same, there's no separating those two.

1 Like

Re: How Tinubu Will Transform Nigeria Like He Did Lagos by Nobody: 5:33pm On Nov 18, 2021
MrMaestro:
Clearly people don’t know Tinubu and what he’s accomplished, so let me give you a refresher.

Let’s start with politics. In February 2013, Tinubu's negotiations in creating a "mega opposition" party became paid off with the merger of Nigeria's three biggest opposition parties – the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN), the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC), the All Nigeria Peoples Party (ANPP), a faction of the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) and the new PDP (nPDP), a faction of serving governors of the then ruling People's Democratic Party[33] – into the All Progressives Congress (APC).

Elected in 1999 Tinubu immediately came in with a mind of restructuring and devolution of powers. He was involved in a struggle with the Olusegun Obasanjo-controlled federal government over whether Lagos State had the right to create new Local Council Development Areas (LCDAs) to meet the needs of its large population. The controversy led to the federal government seizing funds meant for local councils in the state (I’ll come back to this later). He would be one of the first governors in the country to challenge the unitary system. Irrespective of that scuffle and seizing of funds in the state, he was able to still persevere through that to grow Lagos in leaps and bounds!

Let’s look at the IGR trajectory of Lagos during his tenure: 1999 (14.6 billion), 2007 (83.06 billion). He grew Lagos IGR 470%. A NUMBER THAT HAS STILL YET TO BE MATCHED BY HIS PREDECESSORS. EVEN WITH SEIZING OF HIS FUNDS.

Later year IGR growth are as follows: 2015 (276.6 billion) (Ambode: 230%); 2020 (418.99 billion) (Sanwo Olu 51%).

Most importantly he put in a succession plan and with focus and clout ensured it reigned for YEARS. Meaning projects completed through different governors and the state was able to build on previous advancements. Something nearly EVERY other state still struggles with.

This is not a response, my question is how feasible is his template for lagos the solution to a whole Nigeria..
Lagos was leading even with jakande
Re: How Tinubu Will Transform Nigeria Like He Did Lagos by Igboland: 5:39pm On Nov 18, 2021
Hashabiah:
Tinubu that could'nt change Oshodi in his tenure na Nigeria him wan do? Mtchww. I still thank God for the likes of Fashola and Amobode who came to clean up his mess. If not, Lagos would have been another èwèdu joint in yoruba land

Why not tell Nigeria your preferred candidate n let see how much he transformed his state or how much he generated as IGR so we can compare the with Tinubu.

2 Likes

Re: How Tinubu Will Transform Nigeria Like He Did Lagos by MrMaestro: 5:39pm On Nov 18, 2021
Thinkam:

This is not a response, my question is how feasible is his template for lagos the solution to a whole Nigeria..
Lagos was leading even with jakande
Lagos was no where close to where it was now. And didn’t have the level of IGR growth Tinubu brought to it. That’s just a statistical fact.

And to answer your question, there isn’t another candidate that comes close to his ACCOMPLISHMENTS. Emotions aside. If you all want to continue to suffer by electing incompetent fools that can only give you lip service and make you feel good. Go right ahead. But if you want a strong competent leader that will do what it takes to get Nigeria into a better position either due to genuine care for the country or simply based on his own ego of being great (which is fine with me), then the answer is clear. It’s Tinubu by a mile.

Otherwise, give me an alternative candidate and list their accomplishments. I’ll patiently wait.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Tanko Muhammad Was Queried Over $10m Bribe Collected By Son, Forced To Resig / Which Guber Elections Will Apc,lp,pdp And Nnpp Win? / JUST IN: 'I Felt Mocked' - Dino Melaye Narrates Ordeal With Waiter In Hotel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.