Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,742 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:06 AM

To Know if your Boyfriend/Girlfriend is in Love with You - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / To Know if your Boyfriend/Girlfriend is in Love with You (29360 Views)

How To Know If Your Girlfriend Is Cheating On You / Worst Thing Your Boyfriend Or Girlfriend Has Ever Done? / Questions To Ask Your Boyfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

To Know if your Boyfriend/Girlfriend is in Love with You by gina34(f): 11:16am On Jun 30, 2005
How will you know that your guy or girl loves you?

I mean how you will know that your boyfriend or girlfriend is in love with you? What are the things that will make you understand that he or she loves you?
Re: To Know if your Boyfriend/Girlfriend is in Love with You by tayotina(f): 2:53pm On Jun 30, 2005
Me I dont know oh tongue
Re: To Know if your Boyfriend/Girlfriend is in Love with You by Motee(f): 3:11pm On Jun 30, 2005
Hi,

To be sincere I think there is no way to know except you are sure you are going out with the "right guy".(Right guy in quote.....you desire him, you don't just like him physically but he or she affects you as a person relating to your being, physical looks, emotions, finances, thoughts, everything dear heart, and out of it all he must have the fear of the Lord, etc). A friend is better for a relationship and that's just it.

4 Likes

Re: To Know if your Boyfriend/Girlfriend is in Love with You by anugirl(f): 3:24pm On Jun 30, 2005
You can probably know by the way he/she treats you n de amount of respect the person has for you.

2 Likes

Re: To Know if your Boyfriend/Girlfriend is in Love with You by abrakson(f): 3:35pm On Jun 30, 2005
If he takes matters that affect you seriously no matter what people around him think about you.
Re: To Know if your Boyfriend/Girlfriend is in Love with You by kazey(m): 6:43pm On Jun 30, 2005
Set boundaries and rules, and see how much the guy or lady abides by them. For example no sex before marriage, no intense kiss for 6 months, i need you to stop smoking etc, the reaction and seriousness thereafter would say it all.
Re: To Know if your Boyfriend/Girlfriend is in Love with You by c0dec(m): 7:30pm On Jun 30, 2005
When two people have been on enough dates, they generally fall in love. You can tell you're in love by the way you feel: your head becomes light, your heart leaps within you, you feel like you're walking on air, and the whole world seems like a wonderful and happy place. Unfortunately, these are also the four warning signs of colon disease, so it's always a good idea to check with your doctor.

-- Dave Barry

2 Likes

Re: To Know if your Boyfriend/Girlfriend is in Love with You by Seun(m): 8:20pm On Jun 30, 2005
grin That's a well placed joke.
Re: To Know if your Boyfriend/Girlfriend is in Love with You by dablessed(f): 8:40pm On Jun 30, 2005
Hey! Hey! Hey! Boyz and  Gurls, you do not need to consult a soothsayer for you to know that your "date" is in love with you.

The fruits of the relationship will say it all.

Does he/she like to spend time with you? Always ever want to be alone with you?

Do you think he/she is proud of you? In the midst of friends, colleagues and family?

How often does he take you out on dates?

Do you receive gifts? Or is it always a case of " sebi you und'stand?

Do you receive friendship cards? Roses? Chocolates? Or is he/she the unromantic type? ( too bad )

How often do you receive SMS's, phone calls, e-mail?

Do you think he/she is comfortable with your person?

How does he/she correct you? Harshly or otherwise?

How does he/she address you ? Both when you're alone and in public?

Do you think there is mutual respect?

Is he aware of some basic courtesy in treating a lady I.e "opening the car door for you", " helping you up after a dinner date and talking in the seat while you step out in style?",

Does he/she actually say " I love you" on a daily basis?

Does he/she admire you? And actually say it?

Do you dance together? Go to the movies? Window shopping? Etc.

Does he/she hold your hands?

Is pre-marital sex perfectly under control?

Honestly, the list is endless but any body would know if the other person is in love - you do not even have to be too intelligent grin

4 Likes

Re: To Know if your Boyfriend/Girlfriend is in Love with You by Motee(f): 10:22am On Jul 01, 2005
You are quite right with the few list but quoting this out from your list "Is pre-marital sex perfectly under control"-dablessed. Does this means that no pre-marital relationship can go without it?. Members please talk more on this because its an issue most people are facing even BORN AGAIN CHRISTIANS and they are afraid to come out.
Re: To Know if your Boyfriend/Girlfriend is in Love with You by dablessed(f): 10:25am On Jul 01, 2005
Motee:

You are quite right with the few list but quoting this out from your list "Is pre-marital sex perfectly under control"-dablessed. Does this means that no pre-marital relationship can go without it?. Members please talk more on this because its an issue most people are facing even BORN AGAIN CHRISTIANS and they are afraid to come out.

Motee,

In my opinion, if a man is truely in love with me, or better still - madly in love with me, he wont sleep with me before marrying me.
Re: To Know if your Boyfriend/Girlfriend is in Love with You by Motee(f): 10:29am On Jul 01, 2005
Now i understand better and you are right dear. I think i mis-understood your point.
Re: To Know if your Boyfriend/Girlfriend is in Love with You by Pinky(f): 11:39am On Jul 01, 2005
dablessed:
Wow girl you've said it all. You're definitely a walking encyclopedia on this issue. I had better PM you right now to get more info about ...
Re: To Know if your Boyfriend/Girlfriend is in Love with You by bolasho(m): 12:31pm On Jul 01, 2005
dablessed:

Motee link=topic=653.msg8962#msg8962 date=1120209733:

Motee,

In my opinion, if a man is truely in love with me, or better still - madly in love with me, he wont sleep with me before marrying me.

Deblessed, what about a situation where the lady wants sex during courtship, though I dont really believe in sex before marriage, but it will depend on the partners in the relationship, love is understanding, if they understand themselves in the issue of sex its a different case rather than one of the partner asking for it.
Re: To Know if your Boyfriend/Girlfriend is in Love with You by Pinky(f): 12:42pm On Jul 01, 2005
Nairalanders wink
                 I've noticed a trend in posts, even if the original poster dint talk about [you]sex, [/you] we still find a way to manouver the topic towards sex.. must everything be all about sex? cant we discuss issues straight to the point without dilly-dallies.. na wa for us o![/b]
Re: To Know if your Boyfriend/Girlfriend is in Love with You by IAH(f): 1:50pm On Jul 01, 2005
If you really want to know whether he/she is in love or not, jilt him/her and see if he/she will come begging.

WARNING: IAH's advice is dangerous to health.
Re: To Know if your Boyfriend/Girlfriend is in Love with You by twinkledew(f): 1:59pm On Jul 01, 2005
Lol. it is so funny. reading u lot messages. it just made me day at work. u lot kept a smile on me face and as for the question. i do not really know but i know me BF might prbly love me becos he does some of the stuffs some of u have posted. so it means that am a luck gurl. so cutie (lol) if u read this message am proud of ya.lol.
Re: To Know if your Boyfriend/Girlfriend is in Love with You by c0dec(m): 6:01pm On Jul 01, 2005
Pinky:

Nairalanders wink
                 I've noticed a trend in posts, even if the original poster dint talk about [you]sex, [/you] we still find a way to manouver the topic towards sex.. must everything be all about sex? cant we discuss issues straight to the point without dilly-dallies.. na wa for us o![/b]

thats because sex IS romance. cry
Re: To Know if your Boyfriend/Girlfriend is in Love with You by dablessed(f): 6:13pm On Jul 01, 2005
Pinky:

dablessed:
Wow girl you've said it all.  You're definitely a walking encyclopedia on this issue.  I had better PM you right now to get more info about ...

Dear Pretty Pinky,

Walking Encyclopaedia you said? Hmmmm! Not too sure about that.

But feel free to PM me anytime.

Ciao
Re: To Know if your Boyfriend/Girlfriend is in Love with You by Flint(m): 6:21pm On Jul 01, 2005
IAH:

If you really want to know whether he/she is in love or not, jilt him/her and see if he/she will come begging.

IAH, that may be a bit too risky.Not everyone truly in love may come begging, and the hurt may be irreparable. In my opinion though, you'ld know if ur b/gfriend is in love with u from lots of things, For us guys, one of such things is making up even when u know she's at fault (quite common grin)
Re: To Know if your Boyfriend/Girlfriend is in Love with You by dablessed(f): 6:28pm On Jul 01, 2005
bolasho:

dablessed link=topic=653.msg8964#msg8964 date=1120209924:

[quote author=Motee link=topic=653.msg8962#msg8962 date=1120209733]

Motee,

Deblessed, what about a situation where the lady wants sex during courtship, though I don't really believe in sex before marriage, but it will depend on the partners in the relationship, love is understanding, if they understand themselves in the issue of sex its a different case rather than one of the partner asking for it.
[/quote]

Bolasho,

In a situation where the lady wants sex while the guy believes its not right, the guy has got to stand his ground - afterall he is a man. He must not give in to the woman.Which is why you must take time to really know the other person's view on premarital sex before moving on to  courtship.

I advice pple to find out the other person's opinion on premarital sex as early as possible in the relationship. This will prevent problems later on in the relationship.

Hope this helps.
Re: To Know if your Boyfriend/Girlfriend is in Love with You by Motee(f): 6:58pm On Jul 01, 2005
Umh...a very good idea bolasho.
Re: To Know if your Boyfriend/Girlfriend is in Love with You by Fox(m): 9:34pm On Jul 01, 2005
a quick but very dirty way to find out:
say something really mean about her good friend, like her breath stinks and study your girl's reaction. If she gets defensive and starts coming after you then you better treat that friend right cus if that girl should ever say anything bad about you, u'll end up on the street single. If on the other hand she smiles and plays it off like it doesn't matter then you know where you stand in her affection table.

Another quick and dirty way is with money. I don't care what race, tribe or sex you are human beings do not play with money. Ask your man or woman to lend you a good amount of money (make sure say dem get am first o) and if the person comes up with excuses just run as fast as your legs can carry you. If you can't trust me then how can you love me?
Re: To Know if your Boyfriend/Girlfriend is in Love with You by kazey(m): 8:26pm On Jul 02, 2005
Fox:

a quick but very dirty way to find out:
say something really mean about her good friend, like her breath stinks and study your girl's reaction.

Ask your man or woman to lend you a good amount of money (make sure say dem get am first o) and if the person comes up with excuses just run as fast as your legs can carry you. If you can't trust me then how can you love me?

First of all saying something bad about her good friend, under any circumstance, is totally wrong, and shouldn't be done at all. What of if she is the sensitive type? you just end up losing the precious sensitive lady.

Trust develops with time. Even in marriages. So you might want to consider that. Have you wondered why the wife gets worried when she smells a ladies perfume on her husbands clothes?

The best way to know someone really loves you, is by being patient and let time has its way. In times of ups and downs, everything would reveal itself.

And Mind you trust is not love . smiley
Re: To Know if your Boyfriend/Girlfriend is in Love with You by Greatpeter(m): 11:22pm On Jul 02, 2005
IAH:

Pls you don't have to do it this way. Somebody go die oo.
Simply tell him/her that you had a test and you are comfirmed HIV positive and see his/her reaction first.
Re: To Know if your Boyfriend/Girlfriend is in Love with You by Pinky(f): 11:24pm On Jul 02, 2005
Greatpeter:

Please you don't have to do it this way. [I]Somebody go die oo.[/I]
Simply tell him/her that you had a test and you are comfirmed HIV positive and see his/her reaction first.
Peter, wat a trying way to try ur lover
Re: To Know if your Boyfriend/Girlfriend is in Love with You by Seun(m): 10:05am On Jul 03, 2005
Well I hope any lady I'm planning to marry does not make the mistake of "testing" me by such (deceptive) methods. Especially Fox's method! If you use any deceptive method to "test" your fiance or boyfriend, then after he "passes" your test, you may discover that you have "failed" his own test (by being a liar and deciever).

If you tell me something and I know you're lying, I will ask you "are you sure?" If you repeat it then that's the beginning of the end of our friendship (not to talk of relationship). I won't scold you, I'll just withdraw. I'm not a lab rat for anyone's psychological experiments.
:-o

Once I discover that you've told me a lie, I will ask you "are you sure?" and if you repeat the lie then that
Re: To Know if your Boyfriend/Girlfriend is in Love with You by pkrix(m): 2:19pm On Jul 03, 2005
Quite hard to know if your lover loves you but I think Dablessed made some good points there above.

But people are very dubious, they may do all or more of the signs mentioned by all the forumists but they still simply be acting. ........ Jim Iky and Rita Domonic

No ways, therefore, to know if your lover loves you but there are ways to know if he/she hates you.

Now the new question to the forumists is thus,

"HOW DO I KNOW IF MY LOVER HATES ME?(coming up soon) (don't mind the paradox)
Re: To Know if your Boyfriend/Girlfriend is in Love with You by Pinky(f): 8:17pm On Jul 03, 2005
Well I hope any lady I'm planning to marry does not make the mistake of "testing" me by such (deceptive) methods.  Especially Fox's method!  If you use any deceptive method to "test" your fiance or boyfriend, then after he "passes" your test, you may discover that you have "failed" his own test (by being a liar and deciever).
  Once I discover that you've told me a lie, I will ask you "are you sure?" and if you repeat the lie then that
don't try to test your lover, if you have watched games women play.. you should learn from genevieve's stupidity at testing desmond elliot..because in  the end, she lost her lover to her best friend..omotola
Re: To Know if your Boyfriend/Girlfriend is in Love with You by Greatpeter(m): 9:34pm On Jul 04, 2005
Better still there is no offence love can not pardon.
It is part of the game.
Re: To Know if your Boyfriend/Girlfriend is in Love with You by Emalie(f): 4:49pm On Jul 06, 2005
what if he is the acting type, that u find if difficult to dectect. but somehow u manage to catch him on his act. but he dose not know u know.
Re: To Know if your Boyfriend/Girlfriend is in Love with You by tayotina(f): 6:19pm On Jul 06, 2005
Just get into an argument with him/her. Say mean things to each other out of anger and after a while see if he/she has the heart to forgive you and forget bout your utterances.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See What The Woman I Want To Marry Is Doing To Me Cuz Of House / She Broke Up With Me Because I Am Ibo / Misconception Of "I Stood By You When You Were Nothing".

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.