Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,506 members, 7,823,187 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:10 AM

CBN Fires First Bank Directors - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CBN Fires First Bank Directors (45594 Views)

BREAKING: I’ll Probe N241bn Debt, Abba Gida-gida Fires First Shot At Ganduje / First Bank Directors Fired To Protect Customers, Minority Shareholders – CBN / FIRS Retires All Directors Who Have Served For Eight Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Fires First Bank Directors by Nobody: 2:39am On Apr 30, 2021
See how some youth are supporting First Bank and dissing CBN...
Ignorance everywhere?
These are the people stealing your future and those of the yet unborn.

First bank, by extension Oba Otudeko, Ibukun Awosika and co have blatantly refused to divest the banks investment in Honeywell and that doesn't ring anything to the youth?

They use our common wealth to create stupendous wealth for themselves and their cronies without any thought for others. When a few at the top refuse to creat opportunities for others, nothing will trickle down as it should.
Nigeria is stuck in this quagmire because ALL those who are saddled with the responsibility of looking out for others in society keep appropriating the chunk of it to themselves and leaving only the crumbs for the majority.

Yet the youth don't get that these educated elites are really the enemy, not the 4/4 year Politicians.
Go figure!

PS ... CBN is no Saint either. They waited 4 years? What kind of regulatory authority is that? Paddy paddy officials everywhere.

5 Likes

Re: CBN Fires First Bank Directors by blackpanda: 2:48am On Apr 30, 2021
xtremecr8:
Hmmm. This life ehn! This is the board of the same bank we appealed to to pay us for designing their 125th Year Anniversary logo and their Directors told us to go to court but we know there's a God of Justice.

This is the same board and Management we appealed to concerning our ongoing predicament in the hands of the Mr Adeduntan-led management that suffered and humiliated us.

We created an iconic 125th Year Anniversary logo for this same bank under this sacked board but the bank went behind us to use our logo for the whole celebration, spent a whopping N18.3 Billion on adverts and promotions that same year and never paid us a dime for designing their 125th Year Anniversary logo.

CBN should please prevail on First Bank Plc to pay us for our hardwork and toil on this logo we designed for them to commemorate their 125th Year Anniversary.

We deserve to get paid and we beg all well meaning men and women of this great country to help us appeal to FBN to pay us for designing their 125th Year Anniversary logo.

Here's the Nairaland thread on our predicament in the hands of the FBN management under Mr Adeduntan and appeal going on for years now

https://www.nairaland.com/5591806/how-first-bank-did-not

And here's our video narrating our ordeal

https://m.facebook.com/ReportYourself/videos/723288038412109/?refsrc=https%3A%2F%2Fm.facebook.com%2FReportYourself%2Fvideos%2F723288038412109%2F&_rdr

The person u are complaining against is who cbn is forcing first bank to retain. It's like u are pleading your case before your enemy! grin

1 Like

Re: CBN Fires First Bank Directors by Agbegbaorogboye: 3:40am On Apr 30, 2021
bunto:
Your darling Mummy has been fired!!!! grin grin grin
Don't mind the dullard. Most of those zombies are dull in the head. Just like the other one writing nonsense from page 1. That's why they can support a dullard too.

2 Likes

Re: CBN Fires First Bank Directors by Agbegbaorogboye: 3:49am On Apr 30, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Imagine the ignorant who think he has written something wise. grin apparently, you think you were right after the jargons you wrote down. grin

All the false accusations and personal attacks were dismantled just with links from premiumnews.

You didn't write down any facts down other than personal attacks and abuses, i believe your lack of understanding of simple English couldn't make you know the differences between removal and retirement even when it was glaring in your eyes.

You are just waste of space, time and energy.

And you're a terrible waste of ejaculation and ovulation.
You've made very baseless and useless arguments based on your low iq and poor understanding. I'll point some of them out for you maybe you can correct yourself.
You claimed CBN has a tenure of 10years for bank MDs while the CG guidelines of the bank says maximum of. That's English confusing you there.
You claimed adeduntan is the reason the bank is under forbearance while the governor's statement shows he was actually brought in to save the bank.
By extension, you claimed the bank entered forbearance last year while it's occurred that the bank entered forbearance since 2016.
You claimed the MD suddenly retired in 24hrs and that it's normal while it's occurred that the statement was put out by the bank to muddle the waters. The man still had eight months.
Lastly you claim the loans don't have anything to do with sacking of the board while the CBN governor's speech shows that to be a lie.

I hope you can see through your stupidity now. No need to reply me with more foolishness. Just a nod of the head will do. I'm reading no more foolishness from you.

5 Likes

Re: CBN Fires First Bank Directors by Nobody: 5:23am On Apr 30, 2021
Agbegbaorogboye:

You've made very baseless and useless arguments based on your low iq and poor understanding. I'll point some of them out for you maybe you can correct yourself.
You claimed CBN has a tenure of 10years for bank MDs while the CG guidelines of the bank says maximum of. That's English confusing you there.
You claimed adeduntan is the reason the bank is under forbearance while the governor's statement shows he was actually brought in to save the bank.
By extension, you claimed the bank entered forbearance last year while it's occurred that the bank entered forbearance since 2016.
You claimed the MD suddenly retired in 24hrs and that it's normal while it's occurred that the statement was put out by the bank to muddle the waters. The man still had eight months.
Lastly you claim the loans don't have anything to do with sacking of the board while the CBN governor's speech shows that to be a lie.

I hope you can see through your stupidity now. No need to reply me with more foolishness. Just a nod of the head will do. I'm reading no more foolishness from you.
Savage

3 Likes

Re: CBN Fires First Bank Directors by franugo(m): 5:29am On Apr 30, 2021
yanabasee1:

Have you visited a bank today to see if there's never a complain of debit with no pay?

Let me tell you my story...

I travelled down home to go for introduction/knocking of door...

was given a date to come with my people and items to come with to get a marriage list...

I transferred 300k to my account with atm card to enable me run errands to have things in order... then I started withdrawing and using the cash gradually..

On the said day.. I decided to withdraw everything that was left in the account to buy few things and transportation of my elders from my village to her village. So I went to a POS agent and we agreed on a charge for the left over 158k, she did the transaction and the money vanished. Almost ran mad as I had nothing on me to even fuel up.

Ran to the nearest bank branch and I was asked to sign some indemnity form before they could released my account after I threatened to withdraw the bank from my salary account...and taking the case up into the social media..

The branch manager was really a helper.

Later found out that the money was reversed. But since there was nothing in the account, I was unable to see my cash even via my mobile app.

What you experienced was a pos dispense error where your account was debited but apparently not credited to the pos agent's account... That's all. Stop going about with baseless stories that don't make sense..

What I'm guessing happened is that since your account was a salary account, the manager felt safe enough for the BRANCH to provide the money for you and put a hold for that amount on ur account pending whenever the pos debit reverses or when your salary enters and the hold placed will take effect.

5 Likes

Re: CBN Fires First Bank Directors by TrueNigerian300: 5:34am On Apr 30, 2021
bunto:
Ignorance everywhere?

First bank, by extension Oba Otudeko, Ibukun Awosika and co have blatantly refused to divest the banks investment in Honeywell and that doesn't ring anything to the youth?

They use our common wealth to create stupendous wealth for themselves and their cronies without any thought for others. When a few at the top refuse to creat opportunities for others, nothing will trickle down as it should.
Nigeria is stuck in this quagmire because ALL those who are saddled with the responsibility of looking out for others in society keep appropriating the chunk of it to themselves and leaving only the crumbs for the majority.

Yet the youth don't get that these educated elites are really the enemy, not the 4/4 year Politicians.
Go figure!

PS ... CBN is no Saint either. They waited 4 years? What kind of regulatory authority is that? Paddy paddy officials everywhere.

Thank you, many don't know what those fools have done to their future. But how do these idiots intend to get back that huge sum of money without collateral What if he dies won't that even complicate the issue?

I think CBN should prosecute the whole board and send them to jail for even trying to joke with people's life savings.

5 Likes

Re: CBN Fires First Bank Directors by Nobody: 5:39am On Apr 30, 2021
TrueNigerian300:

Thank you, many don't know what those fools have done to their future. But how do these idiots intend to get back that huge sum of money without collateral What if he dies won't that even complicate the issue?

I think CBN should prosecute the whole board and send them to jail for even trying to joke with people's life savings.
The management of First Bank deserved to be flogged!Oba Otudeko is 77 years old and worth $550 million dollars and they were playing such a dangerous game by refusing to perfect the collateral or lien of his shares.

If the bank went bankrupt they won't have been able to collect even a dollar of his $550 million fortune.

1 Like

Re: CBN Fires First Bank Directors by yanabasee1(m): 6:25am On Apr 30, 2021
franugo:

What you experienced was a pos dispense error where your account was debited but apparently not credited to the pos agent's account... That's all. Stop going about with baseless stories that don't make sense..

What I'm guessing happened is that since your account was a salary account, the manager felt safe enough for the BRANCH to provide the money for you and put a hold for that amount on ur account pending whenever the pos debit reverses or when your salary enters and the hold placed will take effect.

You are guessing and then be confident enough to say that my story is baseless?
Re: CBN Fires First Bank Directors by franugo(m): 7:36am On Apr 30, 2021
yanabasee1:

You are guessing and then be confident enough to say that my story is baseless?

I know enough to be confident to say that...maybe I was too firm, but you really shouldn't be denigrating the bank unnecessarily. They did extremely well by providing the cash for you from their coffers to help you through that time, the least you should do is be thankful

2 Likes

Re: CBN Fires First Bank Directors by zicoraads: 7:47am On Apr 30, 2021
tonyashburton:
Oil dey your head bro.Enlighteb these ignoramuses typing rubbish up and down.When Oba Otyludeko was Chairman he made sure he secured juicy loan packages for his companies and used FBN money to acquire shares in Bharti Airtel where he was also made Chairman.Now the chickens have come home to roost.
Will they want to be enlightened?

This same issue on Twitter generated a lot of good and robust debates. Coming to NL, you have mostly ignorants filling the front page thread with garbage.
Re: CBN Fires First Bank Directors by zicoraads: 7:52am On Apr 30, 2021
bunto:
Ignorance everywhere?

Go figure!

When they saw CBN, they saw the Buhari-led administration. cheesy

They all forget that most of us are all part of the 1 percenters, and the other 99 percenters are the elite who forget about party affiliation when anything threatens their stolen wealth.

I fully and wholly support the CBN on the matter. This is the same way Oceanic went under. A bank that was doing so well.

4 Likes

Re: CBN Fires First Bank Directors by Nobody: 8:36am On Apr 30, 2021
Agbegbaorogboye:

1. What is the difference between maximum of 10 years and 10 years, the rules says, a bank md can be in power for a max of 10 years. You claim i was not correct, i was.

2. Mr Adeduntan was not brought in to save the bank, Mr Adeduntan was employed in 2014 as first bank Executive Director/Group Chief Financial Office. after the retirement of Bisi Onasanya as the Managing Director and Chief Executive, who served from (2009 - 2015) Adeduntan was selected by the board as the next person in line on January 1, 2016.

3. I took the grace to correct myself, when i wrote that it was a mistake and that first bank have been on forbearance since 2016.

4. I didn't claim. it is a rule of first bank for ceo that they must serve for 6 years, the former first bank ceo Bisi Onasanya served for 6 years.

5. The loan has nothing to do with the sacking of the board, the sacking of the board and the loans are 2 different issues infact the cbn sent 2 memo to the bank. One concerning lnsider loans and secondly concerning not informing cbn about change of board.

I think, this should be the last time replying an ignoramus like you. I don't want to start my night with negativity like the way you have started your morning. grin
Re: CBN Fires First Bank Directors by Godswrath(m): 8:44am On Apr 30, 2021
Is like FirstBank is another subsidiary branch of CBN.

1 Like

Re: CBN Fires First Bank Directors by realmiracleakab: 9:33am On Apr 30, 2021
yanabasee1:
Is first bank a branch of CBN?
my brother am just wondering!
Re: CBN Fires First Bank Directors by baralatie(m): 11:01am On Apr 30, 2021
RuudVanNisteroy:

Ecobank will also be having sleepness nights due to the loan they extended to him. [b[CBN has given First Bank 48 hours to recover the loan to extended to him for his compnay Honeywell, which they refused to perfect the collateral.[/b]

With the new interim management, CBN may agree with First Bank once again restructure the loans he woes. So, Ecobank and First Bank can try and recover most of the amounts loaned to him.

Thank God Cbn put mouth o!
Re: CBN Fires First Bank Directors by baralatie(m): 11:03am On Apr 30, 2021
zicoraads:

When they saw CBN, they saw the Buhari-led administration. cheesy

They all forget that most of us are all part of the 1 percenters, and the other 99 percenters are the elite who forget about party affiliation when anything threatens their stolen wealth.

I fully and wholly support the CBN on the matter. This is the same way Oceanic went under. A bank that was doing so well.
cbn must make sure the monies collected are returned by fire o!
Re: CBN Fires First Bank Directors by dav704(m): 11:05am On Apr 30, 2021
FIRST BANK CRISIS – WHY ELEPHANTS DON’T DO BREAKDANCE

https://thealvinreport.com/first-bank-crisis-why-elephants-dont-do-breakdance/
Re: CBN Fires First Bank Directors by baralatie(m): 11:06am On Apr 30, 2021
RuudVanNisteroy:

The management of First Bank deserved to be flogged!Oba Otudeko is 77 years old and worth $550 million dollars and they were playing such a dangerous game by refusing to perfect the collateral or lien of his shares.

If the bank went bankrupt they won't have been able to collect even a dollar of his $550 million fortune.
so first bank will just die like that?
Re: CBN Fires First Bank Directors by yanabasee1(m): 1:57pm On Apr 30, 2021
franugo:

I know enough to be confident to say that...maybe I was too firm, but you really shouldn't be denigrating the bank unnecessarily. They did extremely well by providing the cash for you from their coffers to help you through that time, the least you should do is be thankful

I should be thankful? They debited me and was unable to pay me...It isn't my fault..Their system failed..I should sue them for the Psychological trauma I went through..

I work seriously hard to earn every penny and I wish to save my money with me, but the government is imposing cashless policy on me...

If the government will tackle insecurity and reduce armed robbery to it's lowest level...

People will gladly keep their earned money to themselves...

1 Like

Re: CBN Fires First Bank Directors by Nobody: 2:04pm On Apr 30, 2021
baralatie:

so first bank will just die like that?
First Bank is too big to fail. It will be propped with goverment money if need be.

1 Like

Re: CBN Fires First Bank Directors by em19em9: 3:47pm On Apr 30, 2021
I will come back to comment

1 Like

Re: CBN Fires First Bank Directors by domchike(m): 4:10pm On Apr 30, 2021
martooski:

It has turned to bad debt sir.

That's how banking works. They use director fund to provisioning bad loans
So taking over their investments is it back by any law of the federation

1 Like

Re: CBN Fires First Bank Directors by XPresie: 6:01pm On Apr 30, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

First bank have been under regulatory forbearance since last year. The former md has been in office since 2017, isn't he the cause of why the bank is in distress.

So what is your point??

You actually think you know but you don't, and that is very bad.

My advice for you is that you devote time to read and understand what Board of Directors, MD, Regulatory process, Retirement, and others mean. From everything you're typing, you lack knowledge of the banking system and that is why you're arguing blindly.
Re: CBN Fires First Bank Directors by XPresie: 6:30pm On Apr 30, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

But you put all the blame of the bank woes on one man even though the board are also complicit in this issue.

I earlier wrote that the cbn found that the board had given preferential treatment when giving loan to obadeko. That is why he was told to pay back.

I stand with my earlier statement, the retirement of the former Md was not because of an hostile board but because of lack of compliance with cbn regulations.

Apparently, the bank have been in distress since 2016 when the former md was in position.

There are 2 different issues.

1. The bank distress issues
2. The board lack of compliance with cbn regulations when appointing new board.

These 2 are unrelated.

*Two VERY RELATED Issues you wanted to say.*

Adeduntan was brought in and supported by CBN after concluding to bailout Firstbank January 2016, his tenure is due by December 2021. In fact, his FBN Holding Directorship was ratified at their AGM a day before he was removed. Himself and GMD U.K show interest and were voted back till the next AGM.
And the reason for his removal is due to the bank's distress attributed to the Chairman's and other insider loans.

So, number 1 caused number 2 and CBN duly intervened.

1 Like

Re: CBN Fires First Bank Directors by Nobody: 6:39pm On Apr 30, 2021
XPresie:

*Two VERY RELATED Issues you wanted to say.*

Adeduntan was brought in and supported by CBN after concluding to bailout Firstbank January 2016, his tenure is due by December 2021. In fact, his FBN Holding Directorship was ratified at their AGM a day before he was removed. Himself and GMD U.K show interest and were voted back till the next AGM.
And the reason for his removal is due to the bank's distress attributed to the Chairman's and other insider loans.

So, number 1 caused number 2 and CBN duly intervened.

Adeduntan wasn't brought in, he was employed by First bank in july 2014.

After the 6 year tenure of the former Md, who retired in December 2015, Adeduntan became the new Md with the support of the board on 1st of January 2016.
Re: CBN Fires First Bank Directors by Nobody: 6:40pm On Apr 30, 2021
XPresie:

You actually think you know but you don't, and that is very bad.

My advice for you is that you devote time to read and understand what Board of Directors, MD, Regulatory process, Retirement, and others mean. From everything you're typing, you lack knowledge of the banking system and that is why you're arguing blindly.

I didn't type anything that was wrong except the forbearance mistake.
Re: CBN Fires First Bank Directors by afroxyz: 7:15pm On Apr 30, 2021

1 Like

Re: CBN Fires First Bank Directors by Nobody: 7:18pm On Apr 30, 2021
afroxyz:

Told yiu to mark the post grin
https://www.nairaland.com/6531570/emefiele-oba-otudeko-rebuffed-pleas

I will never mark a post from a gossip site. grin

I have never heard about that source before.
The only financial online media i know is proshare, nairametrics and businessday.
Re: CBN Fires First Bank Directors by Nobody: 7:25pm On Apr 30, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

I will never mark a post from a gossip site. grin

I have never heard about that source before.
The only financial online media i know is proshare, nairametrics and businessday.

It is a bad trait to never take correction and stew in your own ignorance even after being corrected. You can watch the press conference as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0m1TczgUrFU
Re: CBN Fires First Bank Directors by Nobody: 7:28pm On Apr 30, 2021
RuudVanNisteroy:

It is a bad trait to never take correction and stew in your own ignorance even after being corrected. You can watch the press conference as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0m1TczgUrFU

Bad trait indeed, you won't be the one to tell me what to believe and not believe.
Re: CBN Fires First Bank Directors by martooski(m): 8:32pm On Apr 30, 2021
domchike:

So taking over their investments is it back by any law of the federation

There is no investment to take

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Insulting Our Prophet Mohammed Is Our Uncompromising Redline – Adamu Garba / Presidency Reacts To Senate’s Rejection Of Buhari’s Plan To Borrow $30bn / Union Bank Advert Featuring Buhari (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.