Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,520 members, 7,819,868 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:18 AM

CBN Fires First Bank Directors - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CBN Fires First Bank Directors (45582 Views)

BREAKING: I’ll Probe N241bn Debt, Abba Gida-gida Fires First Shot At Ganduje / First Bank Directors Fired To Protect Customers, Minority Shareholders – CBN / FIRS Retires All Directors Who Have Served For Eight Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Fires First Bank Directors by Nobody: 8:34pm On Apr 30, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Bad trait indeed, you won't be the one to tell me what to believe and not believe.

I am not your mate, best listen to words of your elder.
Re: CBN Fires First Bank Directors by afroxyz: 1:46am On May 01, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

I will never mark a post from a gossip site. grin

I have never heard about that source before.
The only financial online media i know is proshare, nairametrics and businessday.

You stubborn o grin
Re: CBN Fires First Bank Directors by BigBashiru: 10:47am On May 01, 2021
Agbegbaorogboye:

And what if these banks fail? Who do you run to for your money?
There are over 100 banks in nigeria.... if one fails.... there are tons more....
Re: CBN Fires First Bank Directors by FuckOsuPigs: 5:23am On May 02, 2021
Kirkman:

Can't they arrest and jail that crook called Otudeko or whatever his name is called or sieze his assets that he used for the loan collateral if na poor man take that kind loan that would have hounded him since, hanged him to the EFCC and paraded him around the media as a thief/debtor.

That's definitely happening with the latest pronouncements from CBN. He has been sacked from the board. The next line of action is to realise the shares he used as collateral. And once that is done, he ceases to be the majority shareholder and the bank will have piece.

Case closed.

1 Like

Re: CBN Fires First Bank Directors by Agbegbaorogboye: 12:20pm On May 02, 2021
BigBashiru:

There are over 100 banks in nigeria.... if one fails.... there are tons more....
The tons more will pay you your lost deposit right?
Besides, where did you get the figure of over 100 banks in Nigeria
Re: CBN Fires First Bank Directors by baralatie(m): 12:28pm On May 02, 2021
FuckOsuPigs:

That's definitely happening with the latest pronouncements from CBN. He has been sacked from the board. The next line of action is to realise the shares he used as collateral. And once that is done, he ceases to be the majority shareholder and the bank will have piece.

Case closed.
it does not work out that way o!
otudeko will still keep his shares in the FBN .
the only issue is that of his loans which he owes and that I believe will be resolved and paid back to the bank.
then the bank will now face other bank debts recovery process with a bid to ensure that the bank is healthy (bank speaking)
Re: CBN Fires First Bank Directors by BigBashiru: 12:36pm On May 02, 2021
Agbegbaorogboye:

The tons more will pay you your lost deposit right?
Besides, where did you get the figure of over 100 banks in Nigeria

Yes because all deposits are insured by NDIC.
@ bolded cbn - all commercial and microfinance banks number about 100.
Re: CBN Fires First Bank Directors by baralatie(m): 12:40pm On May 02, 2021
BigBashiru:

Yes because all deposits are insured by NDIC. @ bolded cbn - all commercial and microfinance banks number about 100.
ndic issues up to 100000.pere! if your money is more than that you on your own
Re: CBN Fires First Bank Directors by Agbegbaorogboye: 12:57pm On May 02, 2021
BigBashiru:

Yes because all deposits are insured by NDIC.
@ bolded cbn - all commercial and microfinance banks number about 100.
Where was ndic when banks where going under and people's monies got lost. Besides, ndic is not a guarantee that you'll get your money back.
Secondly, you should know the limits of microfinance banks in the Nigerian system. They are not even categorised as DMBs.

Modified: See above. Also note that majority of MFBs are not insured by NDiC. That's why they are not categorised as DMBs by CBN
Re: CBN Fires First Bank Directors by FuckOsuPigs: 6:08pm On May 02, 2021
baralatie:

it does not work out that way o!
otudeko will still keep his shares in the FBN .
the only issue is that of his loans which he owes and that I believe will be resolved and paid back to the bank.
then the bank will now face other bank debts recovery process with a bid to ensure that the bank is healthy (bank speaking)

Otudeko cannot pay back without losing his grip on the bank. The sum we are talking about is in excess of N75 billion. Why do you think this has been on for 4 years when CBN initially asked the bank to perfect the the documents on the shares? It was because Otudeko was hoping to intimidate the MD into writing off the credit. That was exactly what brought this out. The MD has refused to play ball and that pissed him off.
Re: CBN Fires First Bank Directors by baralatie(m): 6:29pm On May 02, 2021
FuckOsuPigs:

Otudeko cannot pay back without losing his grip on the bank. The sum we are talking about is in excess of N75 billion. Why do you think this has been on for 4 years when CBN initially asked the bank to perfect the the documents on the shares? It was because Otudeko was hoping to intimidate the MD into writing off the credit. That was exactly what brought this out. The MD has refused to play ball and that pissed him off.
it has already been rescheduled for him to 45 billion and it will still be rescheduled lower for him
Re: CBN Fires First Bank Directors by JEFFERSON016(m): 3:01pm On May 04, 2021
jlinkd78:
This Govt want to make people panic when they have not been able to create anything and the only Bank of reference in terms of healthiness is now being fingered with their leprous hand of mismanagement. This CBN that is supposed to be busy printing billions to be shared across the States as revealed by Obaseki now wants to crash First Bank, regarded as the Rock of Gibraltar Bank, same way big names like Oceanic Diamond Banks , Intercontinental Banks went out of space cos of conflict of interests. Tell me one good thing that has been achieved under this administration of Presidency
nothin good my brother.
Re: CBN Fires First Bank Directors by XPresie: 8:05pm On May 04, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

I didn't type anything that was wrong except the forbearance mistake.

Of course you did. You just did not know, because it all looks correct to you.
Re: CBN Fires First Bank Directors by XPresie: 8:11pm On May 04, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Adeduntan wasn't brought in, he was employed by First bank in july 2014.

After the 6 year tenure of the former Md, who retired in December 2015, Adeduntan became the new Md with the support of the board on 1st of January 2016.

You do not still understand how it works. So in your mind, he got promotion to become MD right? That's ignorance man.

The ones that did the permutations, the gladiators of that period brought him in. It was more likely of a Shobo game when it changed and then for peace, a new office of DMD was created for Shobo.
Re: CBN Fires First Bank Directors by Nobody: 8:14pm On May 04, 2021
XPresie:

You do not still understand how it works. So in your mind, he got promotion to become MD right? That's ignorance man.

The ones that did the permutations, the gladiators of that period brought him in. It was more likely of a Shobo game when it changed and then for peace, a new office of DMD was created for Shobo.

I hate speculations and rumours.

You weren't there so stop these long talk.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

MURIC Condemns January 1st As Public Holiday For Christians To Enjoy / Yul Edochie Steps Out With His Daughter, Dani (Video) / Richard Akinjide Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.