Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,792 members, 7,817,286 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:31 AM

China/ Nigeria Security Partnership: Has Nigeria Committed A Strategic Blunder? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / China/ Nigeria Security Partnership: Has Nigeria Committed A Strategic Blunder? (1775 Views)

China, Nigeria To Build Device In Monitoring Earthquakes, Volcanic Eruptions / Tinubu/sanwolu Just Committed A Life Time Blunder / How I Gave Fayose $5mn Cash From Nigeria's Security Funds - Obanikoro (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: China/ Nigeria Security Partnership: Has Nigeria Committed A Strategic Blunder? by Invitationn: 11:30am On Apr 30, 2021
Armaggedon:
You are confused.

1) I wrote about Eastern region but you're smuggling 'south west' into the discuss.

2) I wrote about "vast oil and gas reserve " but you're talking about oil production.Know the difference. Read to understand and calm down before replying.

Moreover, South east and south south divide is purely imaginative. It's neither geographical nor even constitutional. So I wonder what's the source of your confusion.

Atleast I gave you data to back up my submission. What did you show to proof your "vast oil and gas reserve?" claim? Beer parlor data? grin
If it's in abundance, why is the production low?
South West came into my piece because I want you to appreciate the data by comparison.
So that next time you will save yourself and us, the "vast oil and gas reserve" crap grin

Your attaché and obsession with the South south isn't far-fetched; it's all in the data! And I'm glad we're drifting together grin
Imaginary divide or not btw the East and the South; the south will never let you control their oil
Bruh, joke is on you grin
Re: China/ Nigeria Security Partnership: Has Nigeria Committed A Strategic Blunder? by Armaggedon: 11:35am On Apr 30, 2021
Invitationn:

Atleast I gave you data to back up my submission. What did you show to proof your "vast oil and gas reserve?" claim? Beer parlor data? grin
If it's in abundance, why is the production low?
South West came into my piece because I want you to appreciate the data by comparison.
So that next time you will save yourself and us, the "vast oil and gas reserve" crap grin

Your attaché and obsession with the South south isn't far-fetched; it's all in the data! And I'm glad we're drifting together grin
Imaginary divide or not btw the East and the South; the south will never let you control their oil
Bruh, joke is on you grin
Unfortunately, you're derailing the thread, so I'll let your comments slide.
Re: China/ Nigeria Security Partnership: Has Nigeria Committed A Strategic Blunder? by Invitationn: 11:40am On Apr 30, 2021
Johnayoola:
I keep repeating it that there can never be civil war in Nigeria,if it get out of hand world powers will come in Asap,200million people it will affect the whole Africa not just west africa alone
The consequences are too grave.
Worst case scenario; regional insurgents take over half of a state or region.

1 Like

Re: China/ Nigeria Security Partnership: Has Nigeria Committed A Strategic Blunder? by Invitationn: 11:42am On Apr 30, 2021
Armaggedon:
Unfortunately, you're derailing the thread, so I'll let your comments slide.
Come on!
You've probably ran out of ideas
Re: China/ Nigeria Security Partnership: Has Nigeria Committed A Strategic Blunder? by Armaggedon: 12:13pm On Apr 30, 2021
owobokiri:

If China actively gets into the fray, it's a game changer...
IPOB should be aware and should do everything to derail that..
I think it was in the bid to woo the Chinese that Buhari released the Adax oil blocks back to them few days ago..

Good thing is that China knows that Nigeria is highly messed up, and the Chinese are not good at ethnic politics of "devide and rule" like the British. They were visited with the same sort of politics by the British and other western powers in such places as Taiwan, Hong Kong and Macau, and so seem to get irritated by that... But then , oil and gas money can easily trounce these feelings..
They also worry a lot about the perception of their activities in Africa, especially with the west always warning of their intentions...

But never doubt their military abilities on this one. They can change the situation without sending much soldiers here. Just trainers and weapons. They finished the Tamil Tigers for Sirilanka and fried indian troops at the Himalayas.. No active insurgency survives in China. They are brutally ruthless in stamping out violent anti establishment movements!
Very effective weapons they have. And no moral scruples to worry about while they're at it..

Bottom line:
IPOB making them friends at all costs, since they slightly supported the earlier Biafran quest while Chiarman Mao was in charge, is the best bet...
You stand no chance against that behemoth..
This opinion is a little bit delusional. China is good no doubt but no super power can intervene in an unfamiliar environment. Nigeria is not China's backyard. The west knows Nigeria well. Defence issues involves years of security cooperation, intelligence and security aid. The west is far ahead of China in these areas as far as Nigeria is concerned. China knows it. Moreover, what Nigeria calls "security issues" is complex, including the complicity of the Fulani "deep state" which can throttle any genuine effort to contain insecurity.

1 Like

Re: China/ Nigeria Security Partnership: Has Nigeria Committed A Strategic Blunder? by owobokiri(m): 12:54pm On Apr 30, 2021
Armaggedon:
This opinion is a little bit delusional. China is good no doubt but no super power can intervene in an unfamiliar environment. Nigeria is not China's backyard. The west knows Nigeria well. Defence issues involves years of security cooperation, intelligence and security aid. The west is far ahead of China in these areas as far as Nigeria is concerned. China knows it. Moreover, what Nigeria calls "security issues" is complex, including the complicity of the Fulani "deep state" which can throttle any genuine effort to contain insecurity.

I hope you understand the topic here..
We are talking about Nigeria INVITING China to get involved in her security situations!
That's, Nigeria has already invited China! This is not china trying to interfere without invitation.
This is a situation where the government of Nigeria has already invited the Chinese..
So how am I "delusional" for talking about the possible outcome of Chinese involvement, especially when I started my post by saying "if the Chinese actively gets into the fray..", "actively" in bold..?

And why do you Nigerian youths always discuss the so called super powers in a very irritating pro-west vs pro-China angles? You think this is Chelsea vs Man United? What's so complex about fulani Herdsmen, Boko Haram, Niger Delta militants or IPOB that the Chinese military intelligence can't handle? What's so special and so sophisticated about the much vaunted Nigerias military relationship with the west that the Chinese can't improve on if they're so determined to do so..

Do you even know anything about recent chinese military advancements?
Not in this thread to insult, ahbegii..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: China/ Nigeria Security Partnership: Has Nigeria Committed A Strategic Blunder? by immortal2: 1:37pm On Apr 30, 2021
Communism, Islam and the Leftist have always been allies. They have something in common- hatred of Christians.
Re: China/ Nigeria Security Partnership: Has Nigeria Committed A Strategic Blunder? by Brimstone77: 2:23pm On Apr 30, 2021
Why making igbos and biafra the main subject of this discussion?? The last time I checked east constitutes less than 1.8% of nigeria insecurity,what of the forever Boko Haram threat won't China tackle it? What of bandits ravaging all the northern region is that not insecurity? What of the growing oduduwa agitation?? What if the Niger Delta militants decides to resume their hostility,we have seen them issuing threats and ultimatums recently.. why talk about biafra as the main reason of insecurity??
Re: China/ Nigeria Security Partnership: Has Nigeria Committed A Strategic Blunder? by Armaggedon: 2:39pm On Apr 30, 2021
owobokiri:

We are talking about Nigeria INVITING China to get involved in her security situations!
...and when invited they'll fly into Nigeria with a sword like Archangel Michael and neutralize every security threat instantly?

The level of involvement of any superpower in another country is largely determined by the size of it's military presence in the region. It's not about advancement, if they don't have a nearby military base, their ability to gather intelligence which is the backbone of any operation is limited. I'm sure you know when US recruited Igbo and Hausa speakers and also has a military base in Niger. No wonder they rescued US hostages in a forest in the North with no casualty. China will weight their options before taking a decision. But I'm sure such involvement won't go beyond arms deal which won't go far considering condition of the country, if they agree at all.
Re: China/ Nigeria Security Partnership: Has Nigeria Committed A Strategic Blunder? by Olominira(m): 3:37pm On Apr 30, 2021
owobokiri:

That's, Nigeria has already invited China! This is not china trying to interfere without invitation.
This is a situation where the government of Nigeria has already invited the Chinese..
So how am I "delusional" for talking about the possible outcome of Chinese involvement, especially when I started my post by saying "if the Chinese actively gets into the fray..", "actively" in bold..?

And why do you Nigerian youths always discuss the so called super powers in a very irritating pro-west vs pro-China angles? You think this is Chelsea vs Man United? What's so complex about fulani Herdsmen, Boko Haram, Niger Delta militants or IPOB that the Chinese military intelligence can't handle? What's so special and so sophisticated about the much vaunted Nigerias military relationship with the west that the Chinese can't improve on if they're so determined to do so..

Do you even know anything about recent chinese military advancements?
Not in this thread to insult, ahbegii..
You saying it as if it is that simple.....huh.
Nigeria insecurity is massively complex. This is a pure truth. By the time fulani bandits start kidnapping and attacking few chinese or military personnel involved without trial or prosecution of the bandits, no one would advise the chinese to leave. I can bet it 100% that it is same fulani that will sabotage every little effort.....I fear people with low IQ more than anything.
Re: China/ Nigeria Security Partnership: Has Nigeria Committed A Strategic Blunder? by owobokiri(m): 4:08pm On Apr 30, 2021
Brimstone77:
Why making igbos and biafra the main subject of this discussion?? The last time I checked east constitutes less than 1.8% of nigeria insecurity,what of the forever Boko Haram threat won't China tackle it? What of bandits ravaging all the northern region is that not insecurity? What of the growing oduduwa agitation?? What if the Niger Delta militants decides to resume their hostility,we have seen them issuing threats and ultimatums recently.. why talk about biafra as the main reason of insecurity??

Because the federal government became desperate to the extent of jumping ship and boarding with the Chinese immediately the Biafrans were thrown into the security problems if the country...
Irrespective of the collapse of the North East, we haven't seen the Nigerian presidency under this man nearly summon the British envoy here, call for AFRICOM headquarters in Africa and bolt towards a major Nigeria-Chinese military pact, ALL IN ONE WEEK...
It only happened after the British assylum stories and UGM activities picked up pace in the East..
That should tell you the "insurgency" they have chosen to worry about at Abuja..
Re: China/ Nigeria Security Partnership: Has Nigeria Committed A Strategic Blunder? by Brimstone77: 4:23pm On Apr 30, 2021
owobokiri:

Because the federal government became desperate to the extent of jumping ship and boarding with the Chinese immediately the Biafrans were thrown into the security problems if the country...
Irrespective of the collapse of the North East, we haven't seen the Nigerian presidency under this man nearly summon the British envoy here, call for AFRICOM headquarters in Africa and bolt towards a major Nigeria-Chinese military pact, ALL IN ONE WEEK...
It only happened after the British assylum stories and UGM activities picked up pace in the East..
That should tell you the "insurgency" they have chosen to worry about at Abuja..
hmmmm but the last time I checked this same people made us to believe that igbos contribute nothing to the federal purse,so why this jittery just few months of unknown gun men operation in the east?? Why are they feeling so threatened now,come to think of it this unknown gun men only targets the military not civilians,they neither bomb public places nor kill innocent civilians so why all this jittery from federal government??
Re: China/ Nigeria Security Partnership: Has Nigeria Committed A Strategic Blunder? by owobokiri(m): 4:31pm On Apr 30, 2021
Brimstone77:
hmmmm but the last time I checked this same people made us to believe that igbos contribute nothing to the federal purse,so why this jittery just few months of unknown gun men operation in the east?? Why are they feeling so threatened now,come to think of it this unknown gun men only targets the military not civilians,they neither bomb public places nor kill innocent civilians so why all this jittery from federal government??

The Igbos contribute most to the revenue purse of the country!
That's just the fact.. Need not drag that with any inebriated poster..
From oil, to gas to billions of duties paid at the ports on both imported and exported goods to taxes on companies all over Nigeria, to billions of remittance from millions of diasporan igbos to charges for businesses by financial institutions to..... it's endless..
There's a reason why they're determined to go to another war to keep you in their "one Nigeria"..
At the risk of ruffling feathers here, I dare to say that without the Igbos and Eastern Nigeria resources, this country would have been as great as Niger republic or as modern as Benin Republic..
Re: China/ Nigeria Security Partnership: Has Nigeria Committed A Strategic Blunder? by Brimstone77: 4:34pm On Apr 30, 2021
owobokiri:

The Igbos contribute most to the revenue purse of the country!
That's just the fact.. Need not drag that with any inebriated poster..
From oil, to gas to billions of duties paid at the ports on both imported and exported goods to taxes on companies all over Nigeria, to billions of remittance from millions of diasporan iignos to Charles for businesses by financial institutions to..... it's endless..
There's a reason why they're determined to go to another war to keep you in their "one Nigeria"..
At the risk of ruffling feathers here, I dare to say that without the Igbos and Eastern Nigeria resources, this country would have been as great as Niger republic or as modern as Benin Republic..
this is deep....I keep wondering,if you claim igbos don't add to the country's revenue why then are you dying to keep them??

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

By Signing PIB, Buhari Doesn't Care About The Niger Delta People- Edwin Clark / 2023: Osinbajo, Ganduje Posters Flood Kano Streets / "Buhari Knows Bandits Terrorising Northern Nigeria"-Chinwetalu Agu Shares Ordeal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.