Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,413 members, 7,958,220 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 10:57 AM

Mugbamugba War - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mugbamugba War (916 Views)

The Mugbamugba War – Second Attempt By Yorubas To Regain Control Of Ilorin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mugbamugba War by waterbrown24: 6:30am On Apr 30, 2021
I strongly believe many nigerians haven't heard about the mugbamugba war that was fought between the yorubas and the fulanis.

During the time Illorin was lost to alimi the yorubas regrouped at ibadan and built a large army as well as hiring mercenaries from neighbouring tribes to help them in re-claiming illorin which was lost to the fulanis.history has it that the yorubas where beaten mercilessly by the fulanis,more towns were seized and the yoruba king who lead the war fled his throne and his home town.

for more enquiry u can google about it (mugbamugba war of illorin).

so i'm here to change the propaganda and the false narrative by the yorubas that illorin was lost through betrayal while in the actual sense it was won through iron,blood and gore.

Illorin belongs to the fulanis today was by conquest and not betrayal thanks.
Re: Mugbamugba War by helinues: 6:48am On Apr 30, 2021
We are waiting for more details
Re: Mugbamugba War by joyandfaith: 6:55am On Apr 30, 2021
Re: Mugbamugba War by rhyme2all(m): 6:57am On Apr 30, 2021
Hmm

I still dey shake my head at Nigeria we are in 2021 times have changed.
People that lost before can suddenly win.

Let's pray hard to God for safety not just beating drums of war here and there.
I tire for Nland these days
Re: Mugbamugba War by joyandfaith: 7:00am On Apr 30, 2021
joyandfaith:
https://ooduafamily.freeforums.net/thread/334/different-wars-claim-rin-fulanis

If you read history , betrayal was main reason yorubas lost wars to re-claim ilorin.
Even onikoyi did not support kankafo toyese during mugba mugba war. He supported ilorin.

1 Like

Re: Mugbamugba War by HornyTave: 7:05am On Apr 30, 2021
The same Yorubas who couldn't defeat the Fulanis and reclaim their City are busy ( these days ) claiming they built Benin from scratch ( The first Ooni of Ife was actually the 1st Oba and 37th Ogiso ). lol. Benin that has been existing even before Christianity.

It was the ishans and Anioma that stopped the Fulanis planned conquest to the sea and you don't see these tribes chest beating.

2 Likes

Re: Mugbamugba War by BrazilAirport: 7:26am On Apr 30, 2021
You'll stay in your area to write about an area you have never been to before grin

1 Like

Re: Mugbamugba War by EdoDefence: 8:18am On Apr 30, 2021
Very true smiley

HornyTave:
( The first Ooni of Ife was actually the 1st Oba and 37th Ogiso )

I have heard this before, can you expantiate on this, I am eager to learn
Re: Mugbamugba War by theFilmtric: 5:03pm On Apr 30, 2021
We lost ilorin in the first place because of afonja

No amount of history revision can change that sir
Re: Mugbamugba War by theFilmtric: 5:10pm On Apr 30, 2021
HornyTave:
The same Yorubas who couldn't defeat the Fulanis and reclaim their City are busy ( these days ) claiming they built Benin from scratch ( The first Ooni of Ife was actually the 1st Oba and 37th Ogiso ). lol. Benin that has been existing even before Christianity.

It was the ishans and Anioma that stopped the Fulanis planned conquest to the sea and you don't see these tribes chest beating.
Do you know that if ibadan didn't defeat the fulani in the 1800s
We might be hearing emir of benin now?
So keep your hate somewhere else
Re: Mugbamugba War by waterbrown24: 5:19pm On Apr 30, 2021
theFilmtric:
We lost ilorin in the first place because of afonja

No amount of history revision can change that sir

but when you tried to reclaim it what happened?
Re: Mugbamugba War by theFilmtric: 6:02pm On Apr 30, 2021
waterbrown24:

but when you tried to reclaim it what happened?
We were defeated because of the in house civil war sir.
I study a lot of Yoruba history

(1) (Reply)

Tinubu & His Boy Sanwoolu Declare Lagos LG Election Open Says He Has No Favorite / What Southwest And Southsouth Doesnt Know / Buhari Downplays Killing Of Christians As Farmer-herder Conflicts— Pompeo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.