Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,850 members, 7,810,278 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:30 AM

Are Men Better Programmers Than Women? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Are Men Better Programmers Than Women? (471 Views)

I'm Leaving Nairaland But Not Without A Gift For ALL Programmers! / See Money Making Programmers In Nairalans / Benefits Of The Improvements Made On Forum4africa - Programmers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Men Better Programmers Than Women? by ayojademi(m): 8:58am On Apr 30, 2021
Seems Like An Advanced Form Of The Secondary School Debate: ‘Boys Vs Girls, Who Are Better Students?’
Factually, No. On the contrary, findings from a study of 1.4 million GitHub users reveal that women actually make better programmers than men and their code gets more accepted often. GitHub is an online community of more than 12 million active users who contribute to various projects by suggesting solutions to coding problems. Such solutions may either be accepted or..more..https://alabiansolutions.com/blog/are-men-better-programmers-than-women/
Re: Are Men Better Programmers Than Women? by Bishop7170: 4:52pm On Apr 30, 2021
Women are really good in programming but men do more better than them.
Re: Are Men Better Programmers Than Women? by Deicide: 5:52pm On Apr 30, 2021
Yes. Cause even for school here na boys day help them with their projects.
Re: Are Men Better Programmers Than Women? by tensazangetsu20(m): 6:06pm On Apr 30, 2021
Nope men are not. It all boils down to the individual and not necessarily the gender. There are badass women programmers like seriously badass. The best ever computer science student from UI is a woman and she's at Stanford now. She eats the hardest algorithm questions for breakfast.

6 Likes

Re: Are Men Better Programmers Than Women? by Maj196(m): 7:25pm On Apr 30, 2021
The first programmer was a woman (Ada). But generally I think men are better in it cuz most girls find it boring to code.

1 Like

Re: Are Men Better Programmers Than Women? by Karleb(m): 8:57pm On Apr 30, 2021
Maj196:
The first programmer was a woman (Ada). But generally I think men are better in it cuz most girls find it boring to code.

No. It's because coding is hard and most women don't want anything hard. I'm not gender shaming here.

Most women would even settle for front-end or UI/UX. You'd hardly see them doing Backend or Devops.

But then, there are women who know there onions doing the baddest things you can think of in programming.

I learnt Vuejs and Git from Gwen Faraday, you can check her out on YouTube. To me, she's the best Vuejs tutor out there. She's also very attractive. grin

There's also this lady that build games with Javascript to name a few.

2 Likes

Re: Are Men Better Programmers Than Women? by Maj196(m): 10:44pm On Apr 30, 2021
Karleb:

No. It's because coding is hard and most women don't want anything hard. I'm not gender shaming here.

Most women would even settle for front-end or UI/UX. You'd hardly see them doing Backend or Devops.

But then, there are women who know there onions doing the baddest things you can think of in programming.

I learnt Vuejs and Git from Gwen Faraday, you can check her out on YouTube. To me, she's the best Vuejs tutor out there. She's also very attractive. grin

There's also this lady that build games with Javascript to name a few.
Hardness == Boring
Re: Are Men Better Programmers Than Women? by ShadowCracker(m): 5:27am On May 01, 2021
tensazangetsu20:
Nope men are not. It all boils down to the individual and not necessarily the gender. There are badass women programmers like seriously badass. The best ever computer science student from UI is a woman and she's at Stanford now. She eats the hardest algorithm questions for breakfast.
What is the name of the girl shocked.
Co-incidentally I have just recently gained admission to study computer science at Ui.

1 Like

Re: Are Men Better Programmers Than Women? by valzey(m): 6:28am On May 02, 2021
Men are simply more interested in software engineering than women just like in every other engineering disciplines.

So if you evaluate fairly like what percentage of male developers are good vs what percentage of female developers are good, you'll find that women have higher numbers. I'm referring to developers not computer science students or graduates.

This is not necessarily because women are better but because any woman you find in that field really wanted to be there and would inevitably be good as opposed to some guys who enter for other reasons.

Also, women are generally more interested in people while men are generally more interested in things.
Re: Are Men Better Programmers Than Women? by Ajibade123(m): 11:27am On May 02, 2021
it not about gender there are lot of badass female programming, even my programming mentor is Female it just that they are more male programmers

(1) (Reply)

How To Learn Web Development For Beginners / How To Run Downloaded Laravel Project From Google Drive / Join Us For Data Analytics Cohort Training

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.