Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,572 members, 7,958,777 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 11:41 PM

Germany To Start Returning Benin Bronzes From 2022 - Art, Graphics & Video (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Germany To Start Returning Benin Bronzes From 2022 (15354 Views)

Previously Unseen BENIN BRONZES Resurface In Europe And America! / Previously Unseen Benin Bronzes Resurface Around Europe And USA! / Germany To Return 7000 Benin Artefacts To Nigeria In October, Build Museum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Germany To Start Returning Benin Bronzes From 2022 by Seniorwriter(m): 6:41pm On Apr 30, 2021
WTF
Re: Germany To Start Returning Benin Bronzes From 2022 by observanc1: 6:42pm On Apr 30, 2021
ZeroWorries:
What about all the revenue generated using the stolen artefacts? Won't they return the money?
the revenue was used to pay for cost of british invasion of benin kingdom.
Re: Germany To Start Returning Benin Bronzes From 2022 by ArewaNightmare: 6:44pm On Apr 30, 2021
dividends of BERLIN CONFERENCE 1884

1 Like

Re: Germany To Start Returning Benin Bronzes From 2022 by GoldHorse(m): 6:45pm On Apr 30, 2021
"The British Museum, which holds hundreds of the sculptures, has alongside several other museums formed a Benin Dialogue Group to discuss displaying them in Benin City, some officially on loan." ......................Na wa o. You stole from us but you want to "loan" us the same items temporarily! This one pass Yahoo plus walahi! shocked shocked
Re: Germany To Start Returning Benin Bronzes From 2022 by decent2(m): 6:50pm On Apr 30, 2021
I need money any amount 0110538704 Gtb bank

1 Like

Re: Germany To Start Returning Benin Bronzes From 2022 by gaddafe(m): 6:57pm On Apr 30, 2021
oz4real83:
How many Nigerians visit Museums here in Nigeria? These artefacts will just be wasting in our museums except for the few private schools students who will visit to see them in the Museums during excursions. If not that they were stolen, I would have preferred them being borrowed to these countries where the artefacts will generate funds for the real owners of these artefacts. Tourism in Nigeria doesnt sell, the security, political and economic conditions of the country don't encourage tourism embarassed

The main question I have with this development is that "is it that the Benin can no longer produce these artifact that were stolen?"

When you go to Igun in Benin City these guys are talented and can still produce these stuffs. Why didn't they produce the exact types that were stolen? and keep it in the museum so we see how much it can generate before embarking on this useless adventure.

I call it a useless adventure because with insecurity everywhere there is no way tourism can create profit. Traveling on our federal highways require serious fasting and prayers. How many international tourist are ready to become prayer warriors because they want to see a useless bronze sculpture?
Re: Germany To Start Returning Benin Bronzes From 2022 by Nobody: 7:05pm On Apr 30, 2021
Bullcrap that doesn't change shit......they handing it over to a british company headed by the fulani....
Re: Germany To Start Returning Benin Bronzes From 2022 by Nobody: 7:11pm On Apr 30, 2021
mumu keep it there
Re: Germany To Start Returning Benin Bronzes From 2022 by BrainSanitizer: 7:13pm On Apr 30, 2021
The thing don dey disturb them. If not, dem for no return them lai lai.
Re: Germany To Start Returning Benin Bronzes From 2022 by Daum: 7:13pm On Apr 30, 2021
oz4real83:
How many Nigerians visit Museums here in Nigeria? These artefacts will just be wasting in our museums except for the few private schools students who will visit to see them in the Museums during excursions. If not that they were stolen, I would have preferred them being borrowed to these countries where the artefacts will generate funds for the real owners of these artefacts. Tourism in Nigeria doesnt sell, the security, political and economic conditions of the country don't encourage tourism embarassed

I do visit the Museum in Benin. Was planning on taking someone there before
Re: Germany To Start Returning Benin Bronzes From 2022 by Daum: 7:15pm On Apr 30, 2021
gaddafe:

The main question I have with this development is that "is it that the Benin can no longer produce these artifact that were stolen?"

When you go to Igun in Benin City these guys are talented and can still produce these stuffs. Why didn't they produce the exact types that were stolen? and keep it in the museum so we see how much it can generate before embarking on this useless adventure.

I call it a useless adventure because with insecurity everywhere there is no way tourism can create profit. Traveling on our federal highways require serious fasting and prayers. How many international tourist are ready to become prayer warriors because they want to see a useless bronze sculpture?

The few ones that were collected back, I don't think they ended in the museum. They're private properties of HRM. Baba don use dem do shrine
Re: Germany To Start Returning Benin Bronzes From 2022 by Realstick941: 7:16pm On Apr 30, 2021
I just think they are better taking cared off by the west,ww should just make agreement where they pay rent for it
Re: Germany To Start Returning Benin Bronzes From 2022 by oz4real83(m): 7:17pm On Apr 30, 2021
Daum:

I do visit the Museum in Benin. Was planning on taking someone there before
a very low percentage of Nigerians visit the Museums compared to their foreign counterparts. I have only been there once. I would have loved to go again but no time.
Re: Germany To Start Returning Benin Bronzes From 2022 by Franzinni: 7:22pm On Apr 30, 2021
Benin people are God sent ... They are very artistic and they know how to produce result without fail ... If you date benin babe you go see love korokoro... Just nor cheat on am nah that one she fit waste you like fowl ...

Kai I miss my benin babes that year ... They sabi treat man right .. after dem na akwa ibom babes gadammit!!

Let me keep kwayet about some babes dem ... The pay as you go babes from those side of nigeria wey sabi calculate account ballance without even seeing your bank account ... I fear some babes o.

1 Like

Re: Germany To Start Returning Benin Bronzes From 2022 by gregyboy(m): 7:31pm On Apr 30, 2021
It shouldn't be returned until Nigeria breaks
Re: Germany To Start Returning Benin Bronzes From 2022 by Gsentme(m): 7:32pm On Apr 30, 2021
grin
ZeroWorries:
What about all the revenue generated using the stolen artefacts? Won't they return the money?
Re: Germany To Start Returning Benin Bronzes From 2022 by musicwriter(m): 7:36pm On Apr 30, 2021
victorazy:
Even in Germany too

Everything significant in museums in Western Europe are all materials stolen from Africa...... few from other parts of the world. There's nothing significant in their museum that's theirs, except ancient war machines. It's a pity after stealing from the more civilized African societies, they turn around to educate us that they were more civilized.

I give thanks to Germany for coming to civility and doing the right thing. Germany is the only imperial power that is honestly sorry for their past, and they've made monetary restitution to Jews, Namibians, and many others.

African countries should co-operate more with Germany for trade and other business talks. We can at least be sure we're dealing with an honest country, unlike Britain and France who'll hurt you more if there's a chance

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Germany To Start Returning Benin Bronzes From 2022 by Cousin9999: 7:36pm On Apr 30, 2021
Are they going to return the revenue they stole from Africa too?
Re: Germany To Start Returning Benin Bronzes From 2022 by OyinO: 7:38pm On Apr 30, 2021
They should also take their Bible and give our people their brains back.

2 Likes

Re: Germany To Start Returning Benin Bronzes From 2022 by beehivedata(m): 7:58pm On Apr 30, 2021
I no blame them.
Re: Germany To Start Returning Benin Bronzes From 2022 by GeneralPula: 8:02pm On Apr 30, 2021
Sunnybay7:
This foreigners started yahoo first, just that they came physically.

Naso..

Very wicked set of people..

God bless yahoo boys..

Collect more money from these whites..

God go judge everybody!
Re: Germany To Start Returning Benin Bronzes From 2022 by onunwa21(m): 8:03pm On Apr 30, 2021
ZeroWorries:
That is the most important thing ooo!!
The money pls
Re: Germany To Start Returning Benin Bronzes From 2022 by fineboynl(m): 8:08pm On Apr 30, 2021
I laughed when we discriminate our own and called them yahoo boys. only if you know what these white men did to we Africans. as africans where use as slave all over europe and america.

life is a phase and it changed from century to century.
Re: Germany To Start Returning Benin Bronzes From 2022 by Etrusen(m): 8:12pm On Apr 30, 2021
nice and a welcome development
Re: Germany To Start Returning Benin Bronzes From 2022 by Blackdisciple(m): 8:20pm On Apr 30, 2021
ZeroWorries:

How are we sure that it's not Nigerians that gave it to them cos of greed!
Re: Germany To Start Returning Benin Bronzes From 2022 by Durklil: 8:21pm On Apr 30, 2021
Ok
Re: Germany To Start Returning Benin Bronzes From 2022 by victorazy(m): 9:00pm On Apr 30, 2021
musicwriter:

Everything significant in museums in Western Europe are all materials stolen from Africa...... few from other parts of the world. There's nothing significant in their museum that's theirs, except ancient war machines. It's a pity after stealing from the more civilized African societies, they turn around to educate us that they were more civilized.

I give thanks to Germany for coming to civility and doing the right thing. Germany is the only imperial power that is honestly sorry for their past, and they've made monetary restitution to Jews, Namibians, and many others.

African countries should co-operate more with Germany for trade and other business talks. We can at least be sure we're dealing with an honest country, unlike Britain and France who'll hurt you more if there's a chance

How are u sure the ones they are planning to return are actually the real stuff not duplicate?
Re: Germany To Start Returning Benin Bronzes From 2022 by AreaFada2: 9:01pm On Apr 30, 2021
gaddafe:

They have produced lots of the stolen ones, using pictures from museums across the world. But copy nor be original. Some are centuries old and very valuable. They are are heritage.
Re: Germany To Start Returning Benin Bronzes From 2022 by dododawa1: 9:02pm On Apr 30, 2021
Lol
Re: Germany To Start Returning Benin Bronzes From 2022 by gaddafe(m): 9:20pm On Apr 30, 2021
AreaFada2:

They have produced lots of the stolen ones, using pictures from museums across the world. But copy nor be original. Some are centuries old and very valuable. They are are heritage.

What is actually different from the copy and the original? is it not the same person that did the copy and original? How much have the so called copy generated for the state so far? Don't get me wrong I'm also happy about the development but it's really not worth the effort considering the numerous challenges facing us now
Re: Germany To Start Returning Benin Bronzes From 2022 by Nobody: 9:21pm On Apr 30, 2021
ZeroWorries:
the artefacts in our country how much have they generated so far...
Instead they’re languishing in one dusty museum
Re: Germany To Start Returning Benin Bronzes From 2022 by DiegoMaria(m): 9:34pm On Apr 30, 2021
It's good for the future Benin generations
To know their ancestry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Logo•branding•flyers•cartoon And Many More At An Affordable Price(photos) / Picture Editing With Photoshop (post Your Edited Picture) / A Nairaland Artist Gets Recognised By National Mirror Newspaper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.