Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,737 members, 7,809,826 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:33 PM

What's The Greatest LESSONS You Learnt From Your Parents - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What's The Greatest LESSONS You Learnt From Your Parents (13484 Views)

Lessons Learnt From The NYC Man Shot Dead By His Neighbour / What I Learnt From A Wedding Anniversary That Could Help Save Marriages Today / How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Greatest LESSONS You Learnt From Your Parents by MiracleA4015: 4:09pm On Oct 20, 2021
Ok
Re: What's The Greatest LESSONS You Learnt From Your Parents by eldervine: 4:10pm On Oct 20, 2021
to always remember my root and know that there is no such thing as friends cos they are only temporary

2 Likes

Re: What's The Greatest LESSONS You Learnt From Your Parents by Jibabs2(m): 4:12pm On Oct 20, 2021
Dont wish anybody bad and always sees good in everybody and wish them well. May your soul rest in peace Mother

1 Like

Re: What's The Greatest LESSONS You Learnt From Your Parents by Contango(m): 4:13pm On Oct 20, 2021
Never accrue expenses against unearned income

5 Likes

Re: What's The Greatest LESSONS You Learnt From Your Parents by VlamesIffect(f): 4:21pm On Oct 20, 2021
Nothing.
Re: What's The Greatest LESSONS You Learnt From Your Parents by vickydevoka(m): 4:22pm On Oct 20, 2021
Calmness,I have never seen my mom gets angry or gets tired of visitors flooding our house,I have never seen her talk back at my dad also.So beautiful inside out and I wish to be like her.
Very rare dis days
Re: What's The Greatest LESSONS You Learnt From Your Parents by Gudbadguy: 4:23pm On Oct 20, 2021
QuinModah:
In Nigeria, there is.
Tell am o
Re: What's The Greatest LESSONS You Learnt From Your Parents by Gentlealibu: 4:25pm On Oct 20, 2021
Form my mum:
I learnt to be contented with what I have. She would always say "Wetin no reach go come remain" which I later on in life discovered to be true.

She also say "your own na your own and our own na our own" meaning there nothing as having/getting your own things you really need other than depending on other people's things which u can, with time and patience, get for yourself and use it the way u want.

Then I learnt how to cook. Even my wife no say she no fit do me yanga. I go just enter kitchen now now and everywhere go begin scent.

From my dad:
Nothing. Because he passed on when I was barely 9 years old. I can only recall him being stern, also know how to cook ehn and he usually takes us to buy Delima ice back then in the 80s.

3 Likes

Re: What's The Greatest LESSONS You Learnt From Your Parents by GboyegaD(m): 4:25pm On Oct 20, 2021
Godliness with contentment is great gain.

1 Like

Re: What's The Greatest LESSONS You Learnt From Your Parents by starkelvo: 4:27pm On Oct 20, 2021
Order your cheap data from me today

Glo, MTN, and Airtel 3gb #500 and 7 GB #1000

Call or WhatsApp 08037055188

Re: What's The Greatest LESSONS You Learnt From Your Parents by AutoChick4U(f): 4:31pm On Oct 20, 2021
Ability to adjust to any environment and given circumstances.

Being a man aint easy o, the responsible ones need to be appreciated.

1 Like

Re: What's The Greatest LESSONS You Learnt From Your Parents by mywells: 4:32pm On Oct 20, 2021
From my mom she said i should control my dick.

1 Like

Re: What's The Greatest LESSONS You Learnt From Your Parents by davirossi(m): 4:33pm On Oct 20, 2021
An idea is an asset and you cannot talk about millions when you dont have the tools
Re: What's The Greatest LESSONS You Learnt From Your Parents by Munzy14(m): 4:35pm On Oct 20, 2021
Deep!

Contented, tolerance,street ruggedity, grateful and cheerful giving.

A lot of lessons.

Family virtues...
Re: What's The Greatest LESSONS You Learnt From Your Parents by Kajaard: 4:36pm On Oct 20, 2021
Always be contented.
Re: What's The Greatest LESSONS You Learnt From Your Parents by lashout1: 4:36pm On Oct 20, 2021
Don't touch what isn't yours and the long run effect of ill gotten money.

It runs in us (from A to Z)
Re: What's The Greatest LESSONS You Learnt From Your Parents by Xbs1: 4:43pm On Oct 20, 2021
Many
Re: What's The Greatest LESSONS You Learnt From Your Parents by OFAIKGROUPS(m): 4:43pm On Oct 20, 2021
Tayosteve:

What will be will not be if you don't work hard and smart

Gbam!
Re: What's The Greatest LESSONS You Learnt From Your Parents by Eberex(m): 4:46pm On Oct 20, 2021
Join me

Re: What's The Greatest LESSONS You Learnt From Your Parents by casspersteve: 4:51pm On Oct 20, 2021
Never depend on anybody
Know who you ask for help, someone will talk about you in a round table
Never ask uncles and aunties for help.
Stay low key
Always pray to God

3 Likes

Re: What's The Greatest LESSONS You Learnt From Your Parents by Nobody: 4:54pm On Oct 20, 2021
usj:
My father! management, you must account for every penny. While I was in school, before he gives you money you most draft a budget. Borrowing money is never allowed. He always says 'manage your difficulties'. As an adult this lesson always sticks with me. I don't try to borrow money to buy what I can not afford to impress people who don't even care.

My mother! She died when I was too young to comprehend much, I don't even remember what she looks like anymore.
May her soul rest in peace!!!

1 Like

Re: What's The Greatest LESSONS You Learnt From Your Parents by toffyz(m): 4:56pm On Oct 20, 2021
From my Mum, though she's late now ( To her blessed memory)

She keeps alot of friends then, but unfortunately most of the so called friends never looked back on the children she left behind.

Till today I don't keep friends bcs of that.

4 Likes

Re: What's The Greatest LESSONS You Learnt From Your Parents by Gentlerespect76: 4:58pm On Oct 20, 2021
Implicit faith in God, still learning till today!
Re: What's The Greatest LESSONS You Learnt From Your Parents by ogechchukwu: 5:01pm On Oct 20, 2021
My Dad thought me that .

Snake that swallow other snake is not a bad snake.

It means : hustle had, money has no name it doesn't matter where or how it comes ..

Ohhhh my late dad ..may his soul rest in perfect peace Amen...

1 Like

Re: What's The Greatest LESSONS You Learnt From Your Parents by ogechchukwu: 5:02pm On Oct 20, 2021
Mama na church church every day.

1 Like

Re: What's The Greatest LESSONS You Learnt From Your Parents by ogechchukwu: 5:03pm On Oct 20, 2021
Mama church.

God will bless you one day
Re: What's The Greatest LESSONS You Learnt From Your Parents by Harbeeorlar(m): 5:09pm On Oct 20, 2021
That no one bring anything from heaven. We all learn it here on earth hence he can do anything so far he is determined and chanced to do them and he has the necessary tools.

Many atimes my father has fixed our leaking pipes that requires plumber, he do work meant for bricklayers, carpenters, electrician. He has almost all the common tool at home; plier, hammer, shovel, screwdrivers, sizzle, shovel and more.

This i learnt and has helped me a lot. I am the on that paint my apartment myself, i fix the wallpaper myself, i changed the spoilt locks myself, i changed the faulty wall sockets myself. If i called the expert, it would have cost me 5 digits no doubt

3 Likes

Re: What's The Greatest LESSONS You Learnt From Your Parents by Freethinker87: 5:11pm On Oct 20, 2021
MUM

Meekness - I hated this part of her growing up because everybody takes advantage of her kindness yet she forgives. It's provoking to watch, however, her kindness has opened doors for my family. I'm still learning to let things go but it's not been easy.

Hardwork: Ahhh how can i explain this? Where do I even start? Whenever I feel lazy at work, I remember my mum's zeal and I'm reinvigorated.

DAD

Patience: His favorite quote is "1000 years is not forever." Ironically, he's a believing Christian so I don't know if he believes Jesus is coming any time soon. Anyways, I've learnt how to be patient with the process.

There's quite a lot but these stands out.

3 Likes

Re: What's The Greatest LESSONS You Learnt From Your Parents by mascot345: 5:13pm On Oct 20, 2021
NewSoul:
angry I learnt nothing from the man. Absolutely nothing, actually he should be learning from me angry but he's very obstinate angry .

I learnt every positive thing I know from books and watching podcasts from great men because if I mirror my life after the man na big wahala for me angry

The same thing with me. I learnt absolutely nothing from my dad.

His best advice was go and read your books.
He was a village headmaster.

We are 6 in number. Everyone is just hustling to be a better person.

3 Likes

Re: What's The Greatest LESSONS You Learnt From Your Parents by jeremiahsule1(m): 5:15pm On Oct 20, 2021
PeaceIlya:
Family is everything

Dad: 'Mind the way you talk to people, it could hinder progress....'

Mom: 'Make no evil plan against anyone, the evil anyone planned against you will befall them instead'

1 Like

Re: What's The Greatest LESSONS You Learnt From Your Parents by Danidinho4: 5:17pm On Oct 20, 2021
Na over hype kill 2020 undecided
Re: What's The Greatest LESSONS You Learnt From Your Parents by Donswatter(m): 5:19pm On Oct 20, 2021
Not to get married..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Help A Child To Improve His/her Creative Ability / Men-A Better Whip To Beat Your Wife-( Women how do you whip your partner?) / My Parents Forgot My Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.