Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:53 AM

What's The Greatest LESSONS You Learnt From Your Parents - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What's The Greatest LESSONS You Learnt From Your Parents (13483 Views)

Lessons Learnt From The NYC Man Shot Dead By His Neighbour / What I Learnt From A Wedding Anniversary That Could Help Save Marriages Today / How My Brother Learnt His Lesson In A Hard Way After Marrying A Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Greatest LESSONS You Learnt From Your Parents by Kilotat: 9:04am On Oct 21, 2021
My father Said to me,
First : Son, their are two things that destroy a Man, "Alcohol and Friends"
Second : Son, When you are driving, Consider yourself as the only Sensible Man on the road, the rest are mad
Check my signature (in Igbo voice)
Re: What's The Greatest LESSONS You Learnt From Your Parents by Victoria938(f): 9:24am On Oct 21, 2021
Never expect anything you haven’t worked for or earned. Everything else is a bonus.

1 Like

Re: What's The Greatest LESSONS You Learnt From Your Parents by MsFaith: 9:44am On Oct 21, 2021
1. Marrying an uneducated/unenlightened partner will actually drag you backward especially if he or she has refused to develop themselves.

2. Mind you business. Your business should be your focus everyday and measure your progress.

3.Make sure both of you are working and contributing financially to the growth of the family. The man should not be feeling like he is the only one to carry the financial responsibilities of the family.

4. Take yourself seriously. Don’t joke with things that could reduce your reputation.

5. There is more to life than food food food.

It’s funny how all these things I mentioned are actually things my parents lacked but I somehow noticed them and don’t want them for my own family.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's The Greatest LESSONS You Learnt From Your Parents by labelle123(f): 10:26am On Oct 21, 2021
Then whose parents are the ones we see misbehaving the ?
Re: What's The Greatest LESSONS You Learnt From Your Parents by EKOSuperior(m): 10:40am On Oct 21, 2021
Solitude is a heavy load, let brotherly love continue.

1 Like

Re: What's The Greatest LESSONS You Learnt From Your Parents by Gentlealibu: 12:39am On Oct 22, 2021
Spherical77:
May his soul rest in peace
Amen
Re: What's The Greatest LESSONS You Learnt From Your Parents by Microwhy: 4:20am On Oct 22, 2021
Good thread
Re: What's The Greatest LESSONS You Learnt From Your Parents by Keals: 2:57pm On Oct 22, 2021
Ladylawyer:

Deal with every one as they come i.e do not generalize every child raised by a single parent. Some were trained well. And please na two parents train me o.
Copy that.

1 Like

Re: What's The Greatest LESSONS You Learnt From Your Parents by Wealthoptulent(m): 7:07pm On Oct 22, 2021
Keals:

I can relate.
They're mentally and emotionally barren.

If only that.. DREAM KILLER n LIFE DAMAGERS
Re: What's The Greatest LESSONS You Learnt From Your Parents by Keals: 11:30pm On Oct 22, 2021
Wealthoptulent:

If only that.. DREAM KILLER n LIFE DAMAGERS
Now you're taking it too far; I never meant that though. Anyway, apologies on their behalf.
You want to talk about it?
Re: What's The Greatest LESSONS You Learnt From Your Parents by Wealthoptulent(m): 11:39pm On Oct 22, 2021
Keals:

Now you're taking it too far; I never meant that though. Anyway, apologies on their behalf.
You want to talk about it?

My 3yrs experience is more than anyone 35yrs in marriage.
Re: What's The Greatest LESSONS You Learnt From Your Parents by Keals: 7:26am On Oct 23, 2021
Wealthoptulent:

My 3yrs experience is more than anyone 35yrs in marriage.
Wow, quite scary! You must have patience as a virtue to stick-around 3 years.

How did you survive that long?
What put you off?
How did you walk away?
Re: What's The Greatest LESSONS You Learnt From Your Parents by Wealthoptulent(m): 9:02pm On Oct 23, 2021
Keals:

Wow, quite scary! You must have patience as a virtue to stick-around 3 years.

How did you survive that long?
What put you off?
How did you walk away?

More than patient... it was already glearing of the attacks, damaged properties n car.
Videos n recording of strangling n attack already in hand ✋.

How I walked away? After the GHASTLY ACCIDENT. 1st anniversary ever together in 3 years. We survived n I decided to survive the second phase too
Re: What's The Greatest LESSONS You Learnt From Your Parents by Keals: 9:13pm On Oct 23, 2021
Wealthoptulent:

More than patient... it was already glearing of the attacks, damaged properties n car.
Videos n recording of strangling n attack already in hand ✋.

How I walked away? After the GHASTLY ACCIDENT. 1st anniversary ever together in 3 years. We survived n I decided to survive the second phase too
I'm confused �
Re: What's The Greatest LESSONS You Learnt From Your Parents by Jesuisbelle(f): 10:11am On Oct 24, 2021
Don't expect to be loved by anyone.
Re: What's The Greatest LESSONS You Learnt From Your Parents by flexindino(m): 2:21pm On Oct 25, 2021
OctaneGadgets:
Don't listen to your parents if you want to be successful !!

Please can you explain more.... I nid to know why?
Re: What's The Greatest LESSONS You Learnt From Your Parents by Stephenofu: 6:05am On Nov 14, 2021
Many
Re: What's The Greatest LESSONS You Learnt From Your Parents by SMJay: 10:26pm On Nov 23, 2021
shocked
Wealthoptulent:

Never marry a lady from single parent.. now I learnt lesson with myself as a victim.... bitter experience.
Re: What's The Greatest LESSONS You Learnt From Your Parents by QuinModah(f): 12:45am On Mar 11, 2022
cheesy
Victoria938:
Never expect anything you haven’t worked for or earned. Everything else is a bonus.
Re: What's The Greatest LESSONS You Learnt From Your Parents by Pojomojo: 4:44pm On Apr 07, 2023
wink
Re: What's The Greatest LESSONS You Learnt From Your Parents by Pojomojo: 8:55am On Apr 14, 2023
wink
Casham:
From my dad: "No man owes You anything". And "balls make a man!"
From my mum: "family is everything". And "integrity is your most valuable currency".

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Parents Forgot My Birthday / How To Help A Child To Improve His/her Creative Ability / Men-A Better Whip To Beat Your Wife-( Women how do you whip your partner?)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.