Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,157 members, 7,818,508 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:35 PM

The Great Work The Sinner On The Cross Did For Jesus That Many Were Ignorant Of - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Great Work The Sinner On The Cross Did For Jesus That Many Were Ignorant Of (335 Views)

10 Life Lessons And Teachings Of Jesus That The World Needs / Teachings Of Jesus That Jesus Disobeyed / Pastor Bassam Adranly: 'My Ecounter With Jesus That Led Me To Repent' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Great Work The Sinner On The Cross Did For Jesus That Many Were Ignorant Of by jesusjnr1: 6:48pm On Apr 30, 2021
The Great Work The Sinner On The Cross Did For Jesus That Many Were Ignorant Of

Most Christians believe the sinner on the cross did no righteous work on the cross, hence some use him to justify that the Antichrist idea that righteous works weren't required for one's salvation.

But what they don't know is the fact that the sinner did a righteous work on the cross, and not just a righteous work, but a great and strategic one also which no other person, including his disciples were able to do for Him at that crucial stage of His ministry.

Now that moment on the cross was the loneliest moment of Jesus' life, and it wasn't just because His disciples had forsaken Him prior to that, but this was the point it was said:

Matthew 27:46 (KJV)

And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

To better understand what actually took place here, we must first understand what the presence of God the Father meant to Jesus.

John 8:29 (KJV)

And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him.

It meant everything to Jesus and was that which He valued most of all things, hence He always did what pleased the Father even if made all men to hate and despise Him. So this was what had been taken away from Him while He was on the cross. Hence it suffices to say that Jesus was literally left alone on the cross.

It was at this same point on the cross that it was said:

Luke 23:39-43 (KJV)

And one of the malefactors which were hanged railed on him, saying, If thou be Christ, save thyself and us.
But the other answering rebuked him, saying, Dost not thou fear God, seeing thou art in the same condemnation?
And we indeed justly; for we receive the due reward of our deeds: but this man hath done nothing amiss.
And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom.
And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.

So the sinner that Jesus accepted and promised salvation didn't just pray for Jesus to save him and Jesus just did what he asked for, because the other sinner also prayed for Jesus to save him as well but Jesus didn't respond to His request.

But the sinner did much more than that. He defended Jesus and also preached His gospel to the other sinner on the cross, consequently giving Jesus who was hitherto alone, that needed company and a witness which He lacked while He was on the cross.

And the sinner appeared to know what he had done, hence he told Jesus to "remember" him for what the work he had done for Him while He was on the cross, when He comes in His kingdom.

Hence Jesus who didn't respond to the request of the other sinner to save him, didn't hesitate but immediately granted his request.

Therefore the sinner on the cross didn't just do a righteous work, but a great and strategic one at that, which no one else even His disciples could do for Him at that point while He hung upon the cross.

God bless.
Re: The Great Work The Sinner On The Cross Did For Jesus That Many Were Ignorant Of by jesusjnr1: 8:50am On May 01, 2021
Re: The Great Work The Sinner On The Cross Did For Jesus That Many Were Ignorant Of by jesusjnr1: 5:17pm On May 01, 2021
Re: The Great Work The Sinner On The Cross Did For Jesus That Many Were Ignorant Of by jesusjnr1: 8:34am On May 02, 2021
Re: The Great Work The Sinner On The Cross Did For Jesus That Many Were Ignorant Of by jesusjnr2020(m): 4:08pm On Jul 19, 2021

(1) (Reply)

Eight Things To Know About Late Pastor Adeboye’s Son, Dare / Christian Ladies Beware: How To Sleep With A Christian Girl! / Praises And Worship Can Provoke God's Intervention In Nigeria- Victoria Orenze

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.