Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,057 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:59 AM

Buhari: Mbaka’s Dabble Into Politics Violates His Oath – Bishop Kaigama - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Buhari: Mbaka’s Dabble Into Politics Violates His Oath – Bishop Kaigama (311 Views)

Same-sex Couples: Pope Was Misquoted By Enemies Of D Church - Archbishop Kaigama / Orji Kalu Visits Ignatius Kaigama, Catholic Archbishop Of Abuja (PHOTOS) / Kaigama Replaces Onaiyekan As New Catholic Bishop Of Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari: Mbaka’s Dabble Into Politics Violates His Oath – Bishop Kaigama by Chibu1189(m): 6:51am On May 08, 2021
The Metropolitan Catholic Archbishop of Abuja Diocese, Most Rev. Ignatius Kaigama, has stated his position on the face-off between Rev. Father Ejike Mbaka and the President Muhammadu Buhari-led government.

Kaigama reminded the Spiritual Director of the Adoration Ministry in Enugu of the Canon Law 285.

The law prohibits the clergy from engaging in anything that is strange and unbecoming to the Catholic clerical state.

Kaigama spoke to the media on Friday at a conference on the 2021 World Communications Day celebration.

The bishop said Mbaka, being a catholic priest took an oath during his ordination which reads: ‘I promise obedience and respect to you my local ordinary and your successors’.
Kaigama noted that the oath Mbaka publicly took, like other priests, remains valid till he dies.

The bishop insisted Mbaka must abide by what the Catholic church teaches and stands for.

Citing the Canon Law 285, Kaigama said priests are “prohibited from embarking on anything alien to our clerical status and what the Catholic church teaches us, we are not allowed to dabble into politics.

“It doesn’t mean we can’t be prophetic in condemning criminality and corruption, we can do that, that is a prophetic mission.

“Partisan politics is not part of our calling. If a clergy embarks on such unbecoming and foreign conduct, the church has a solution and the church knows what to do.”

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari: Mbaka’s Dabble Into Politics Violates His Oath – Bishop Kaigama by Teibaba(m): 7:08am On May 08, 2021
He truly violated his oath for calling a spade a spade.

Bishop how much did they pay you
Tufiakwa
Re: Buhari: Mbaka’s Dabble Into Politics Violates His Oath – Bishop Kaigama by Colonelswitz101(m): 7:16am On May 08, 2021
When we left our trenches and dropped our arms at the end of the War in 1970, we headed straight to the Houses we built. We were shocked to hear that the Nigeria Government branded them abandoned Properties and distributed it amongst themselves.
We headed to the Banks to withdraw the millions we left there before the War, the Nigerians told us we could only have 20 pounds. It did not matter how much we had in our accounts.
Homeless and penniless we went back to pick up the jobs we left when we fled for our lives, the Nigerians also told us we could not take back the jobs. They filled up our positions with poorly qualified folks.
In that dare situation, we were mourning, hungry, penniless, homeless and jobless. These same idiots I call Nigerians quickly passed a policy they called Indigenisation Policy to sell off government companies to themselves knowing fully well that non of us could raise up to 21 pounds!
You pulled yourself up without any assistance and quickly recovered and over-took the clowns with your mere 20 pounds, yet they did not rest, but rather took the same war to your various endeavors in the forms of quota system, exclusive economic lists, federal character, ELDS states, and cooked population figures and use of local government as the yard stick to disburse national cakes.
Pause a bit and think of these short paragraphs. You will notice that Nigeria, the same zoo country you are proud of as an Igbo man, was designed and measures put in place to keep you down and out in Nigeria. Yet your slave mindset that has "short term memory of sorrow and pains" took over you to forgive and forget and you started behaving as though nothing happened in the past.
You knew quite well that their deceptive RRR measures was a farce. Your foolishness still made you to allow handshakes with them that went above the elbows. You still had the foolishness to build new houses in the areas they took the ones you earlier built.
If you aim a gun at me and fire with the intention of killing me and you missed!! That you missed would make me NEVER to trust you again nor forgive you. I will take my own aim and make sure I NEUTRALISE you completely!!!

We will never forget nor forgive.
Re: Buhari: Mbaka’s Dabble Into Politics Violates His Oath – Bishop Kaigama by veli1(m): 7:20am On May 08, 2021
Teibaba:
He truly violated his oath for calling a spade a spade.

Bishop how much did they pay you
Tufiakwa
how much was Mbaka paid when he was lying against Jonathan and praising Buhari despite him knowing buhari has destroyed almost everything in the country?

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Mbaka’s Dabble Into Politics Violates His Oath – Bishop Kaigama by Teibaba(m): 7:38am On May 08, 2021
This country wahala pass bicycle own.

That's a good fact you made there u no.

Naija never had a leader in GEJ and cannot have it in this terrorist and tyrant on sit now.

veli1:

how much was Mbaka paid when he was lying against Jonathan and praising Buhari despite him knowing buhari has destroyed almost everything in the country?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

T.B.Joshua : Till Now No News About Secret Cults Coming To Bury Him... / MFM: Maureen Badejo In Deeper Trouble, Slammed By An Austria Court / The Lords Chosen: Pastor Lazarus Has Landed In Akwa Ibom For A 2 Days Crusade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.