Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,467 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:06 AM

The Making of Budget Duplexes with Cost And Pictures - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Making of Budget Duplexes with Cost And Pictures (2273 Views)

My Room Transformation Progress With Cost Breakdown(Photos) / 4 Bedroom, 4.5 Baths Construction With Cost Breakdown / Construction Of 6self-contain Hostel Frm Start To Finish With Cost Saving Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Making of Budget Duplexes with Cost And Pictures by deking(m): 10:11pm On May 01, 2021
More

Re: The Making of Budget Duplexes with Cost And Pictures by deking(m): 10:12pm On May 01, 2021
Even more...

Re: The Making of Budget Duplexes with Cost And Pictures by deking(m): 10:13pm On May 01, 2021
The result....

Neat and tidy grin grin grin

Re: The Making of Budget Duplexes with Cost And Pictures by deking(m): 10:22pm On May 01, 2021
Unveiling and moving on boarding of next phase. wink wink wink

Re: The Making of Budget Duplexes with Cost And Pictures by deking(m): 10:22pm On May 01, 2021
Onboarding ongoing ....

Re: The Making of Budget Duplexes with Cost And Pictures by deking(m): 10:24pm On May 01, 2021
Neat and tidy as always.

Re: The Making of Budget Duplexes with Cost And Pictures by deking(m): 10:32pm On May 01, 2021
Fast forward so we can get to cost so far

Re: The Making of Budget Duplexes with Cost And Pictures by deking(m): 10:33pm On May 01, 2021
The beauty is unveiled

Re: The Making of Budget Duplexes with Cost And Pictures by deking(m): 10:33pm On May 01, 2021
And more ....

Re: The Making of Budget Duplexes with Cost And Pictures by deking(m): 10:37pm On May 01, 2021
Ariel View of the beauty unfolding.

Re: The Making of Budget Duplexes with Cost And Pictures by deking(m): 10:37pm On May 01, 2021
More ...

Re: The Making of Budget Duplexes with Cost And Pictures by deking(m): 10:45pm On May 01, 2021
Cost to this point

Estimate at the beginning ===> N6.2M

Actual despite price movements on some items ==> 5.8M.

We were able to save cost on wood as the owner agreed to share the wood with other projects we got in the neighborhood. The owner saved over 600k with this arrangement.

If you need specific details please shoot me a mail.

1 Like

Re: The Making of Budget Duplexes with Cost And Pictures by GoldCircle: 11:47pm On May 01, 2021
Oga Deking,

Please why didn’t you opt for piling since the place appears to be waterlogged?

Kindly educate me. Thanks
Re: The Making of Budget Duplexes with Cost And Pictures by ChybuzzDD(m): 7:44am On May 02, 2021
deking:
Cost to this point

Estimate at the beginning ===> N6.2M

Actual despite price movements on some items ==> 5.8M.

We were able to save cost on wood as the owner agreed to share the wood with other projects we got in the neighborhood. The owner saved over 600k with this arrangement.

If you need specific details please shoot me a mail.

Bros, are you sure this is a "budget" project? 5.8m already at this level
When i built a 5 bedroom duplex in imo recently, i know where 5.8m took me, despite not being on ground to watch over sharp practices.
Unless "budget" as used here does not mean low cost.
I guess the land being waterlogged contributed significantly to this amount.
Re: The Making of Budget Duplexes with Cost And Pictures by topsy23: 10:18am On May 02, 2021
GoldCircle:
Oga Deking,

My thought too

Was thinking piling would have been the best because of the load and the nature of the land
Re: The Making of Budget Duplexes with Cost And Pictures by deking(m): 4:00pm On May 02, 2021
GoldCircle:
Oga Deking,

Many thanks for your question.

The option to go for raft is primarily because the soil at the level of the blinding is mostly stable and the
proposed building is a duplex.and not an high rise. Using pile foundation would have been more costly and mostly an overkill.

There are several similar projects we had executed in the neighborhood with similar raft foundations and they passed all structural integrity tests.

I will post some of those structures in the cause of the thread.

1 Like

Re: The Making of Budget Duplexes with Cost And Pictures by deking(m): 4:05pm On May 02, 2021
ChybuzzDD:

Bros, are you sure this is a "budget" project? 5.8m already at this level
When i built a 5 bedroom duplex in imo recently, i know where 5.8m took me, despite not being on ground to watch over sharp practices.
Unless "budget" as used here does not mean low cost.
I guess the land being waterlogged contributed significantly to this amount.

Chief, I guess the major difference would be the nature of the build area and this is a twin 4 bedroom duplex.

Did you have to do raft foundation for the building?

Also in the last 2 months building materials have moved by significant amounts.

Iron rods was 330k per ton in February but now around 385K

Cement was N2850 but sold at N3400 2 Saturdays ago and just last Tuesday it sold for N3800.

This is just to show that construction cost depends sometimes on location and time

1 Like

Re: The Making of Budget Duplexes with Cost And Pictures by deking(m): 4:09pm On May 02, 2021
topsy23:

My thought too

Was thinking piling would have been the best because of the load and the nature of the land

Raft foundations well designed are equally capable of bearing load and the soil is mostly stable at that level.

It was reported the place became waterlogged because the soil was previously excavated by Lagos state government for use in the LSDPC estate.

1 Like

Re: The Making of Budget Duplexes with Cost And Pictures by deking(m): 4:24pm On May 02, 2021
Then came the filling sand.

1 Like

Re: The Making of Budget Duplexes with Cost And Pictures by deking(m): 4:25pm On May 02, 2021
And the rain also came calling grin grin grin

Re: The Making of Budget Duplexes with Cost And Pictures by deking(m): 4:26pm On May 02, 2021
But we kept on going ... cool cool cool because we had received matching orders from our employer

Re: The Making of Budget Duplexes with Cost And Pictures by topsy23: 4:27pm On May 02, 2021
deking:

Raft foundations well designed are equally capable of bearing load and the soil is mostly stable at that level.

It was reported the place became waterlogged because the soil was previously excavated by Lagos state government for use in the LSDPC estate.

Okay weldone sir
Re: The Making of Budget Duplexes with Cost And Pictures by ChybuzzDD(m): 8:10am On May 03, 2021
deking:

Chief, I guess the major difference would be the nature of the build area and this is a twin 4 bedroom duplex.

Did you have to do raft foundation for the building?

Also in the last 2 months building materials have moved by significant amounts.

Iron rods was 330k per ton in February but now around 385K

Cement was N2850 but sold at N3400 2 Saturdays ago and just last Tuesday it sold for N3800.

This is just to show that construction cost depends sometimes on location and time

Ok, for a twin 4bedroom duplex plus that raft foundation, it makes sense.
Re: The Making of Budget Duplexes with Cost And Pictures by Chekitaut: 1:58pm On May 03, 2021
deking:
Then materials started arriving in different shades and sizes

30 tons of granite through Mr Chekitaut. Great tonnage. grin
Am happy to be part of this project, Deking was my pioneer customer, forever be loyal. More grace bro, ijn
Project is 2buiding to abdulwastecx project: https://www.nairaland.com/3695263/construction-fourbedroom-duplex-two-unit
Re: The Making of Budget Duplexes with Cost And Pictures by topsy23: 2:03pm On May 03, 2021
Boss are you now into full construction or part-time

Could rber your project in Ogombo
Re: The Making of Budget Duplexes with Cost And Pictures by Chekitaut: 2:10pm On May 03, 2021
topsy23:

Ologolo
Re: The Making of Budget Duplexes with Cost And Pictures by topsy23: 2:13pm On May 03, 2021
Chekitaut:
Ologolo

Yeah Ologolo, we did electrical and plumbing installation
Re: The Making of Budget Duplexes with Cost And Pictures by deking(m): 2:17pm On May 03, 2021
Chekitaut:
Am happy to be part of this project, Deking was my pioneer customer, forever be loyal. More grace bro, ijn
Project is 2buiding to abdulwastecx project: https://www.nairaland.com/3695263/construction-fourbedroom-duplex-two-unit

Thanks for the good job back then. Everything is still rock Solid. I am still coming for you like I did Chekitaut.
Re: The Making of Budget Duplexes with Cost And Pictures by deking(m): 2:18pm On May 03, 2021
topsy23:

The ministry is moving. I now have time to face it and we have assembled a great team.
Re: The Making of Budget Duplexes with Cost And Pictures by deking(m): 2:20pm On May 03, 2021
topsy23:

Yeah Ologolo, we did electrical and plumbing installation

Yeah. Many thanks for the finesse you brought on board never had any issues since then.
Re: The Making of Budget Duplexes with Cost And Pictures by Mueeze(m): 1:13pm On Sep 19, 2021
Mr.Deking,

No more updates on this project? I am hoping to learn from this as I have a similar project with an L-Shaped Raft foundation in the pipeline
Re: The Making of Budget Duplexes with Cost And Pictures by deking(m): 6:59pm On Oct 29, 2021
Mueeze:
Mr.Deking,

No more updates on this project? I am hoping to learn from this as I have a similar project with an L-Shaped Raft foundation in the pipeline

Apologies the project has been progressing well. Though not as far earlier planned due to funds but I will find time to update the thread with the relevant updates

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

One Plot Of Land @ Gosgra Properties And Investment Limited @ Magoro Behind Mfm / Special Offer..Cerise Gardens located @ Dangote Refinery Jetty for 2.2m(C of O) / Complete 4rooms House On A Full Plot Of Land At Owode Ijako Forsale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.