Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,920 members, 7,952,698 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 09:29 PM

The Newest Trend Of Brides Rocking Trouser-like Outfits For Their Wedding - Fashion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / The Newest Trend Of Brides Rocking Trouser-like Outfits For Their Wedding (92031 Views)

Before And After Makeup Photo Of A Philippine Lady Rocking Edo Beads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Newest Trend Of Brides Rocking Trouser-like Outfits For Their Wedding by cococandy(f): 6:30pm On May 01, 2021
myami:
You talk like a westernized african american. Where are you from?

Yes. I’m a westernized African who wore a white wedding dress like other African brides according to British western traditions.

You guys love to pick and choose what’s African and what’s western as it suits you, when the entirety of your “African tradition” is all western, don’t you?

1 Like

Re: The Newest Trend Of Brides Rocking Trouser-like Outfits For Their Wedding by Magnoliaa(f): 6:31pm On May 01, 2021
WoundedLamb:

Well, that shouldn't come as a surprise in a society where merely being a man already makes one a superior entity. But that aside, I believe it's also cause such attires are (or were) considered not to be norm for ladies and it takes some level of boldness for anyone to step out of the norm and dare the world.

I get you. I wasn't even talking about stepping out of the norm per se. Yeah, the act can be fierce. The wearing of such clothes can be unconventional, but I'm trying to say, clothes do not have any label or quality (except for texture) or whatever attached to them. A cloth in itself is simply not "strong or soft".

pocohantas:

Well, except that. I would never wear one. There are fabrics I don’t even wear because I consider them stiff and masculine. Softer fabrics sit better on a woman’s body. Strong ugly things are for the other gender. grin

Toh. So it's men that deserve the coarse things that scratches the skin, ehn? Okay oh.

Nah, I don’t see it as strong, intimidating or whatever. I just don’t find it alluring. It doesn’t even have anything to do with seeing them on men, if I am to pick, I wouldn’t go with these ones you posted. However, the one in a tweed pant suit and black hat is very cool. Is she one of the royals? She looks familiar.

Oh. So you don't even think they give off a masculine vibe? They are just not attractive to you. O-K.

Just got the pic through a quick search on Google. I wouldn't know.

1 Like

Re: The Newest Trend Of Brides Rocking Trouser-like Outfits For Their Wedding by cococandy(f): 6:49pm On May 01, 2021
I don’t usually wear tight clothes either because I really value comfort over style. I prefer to look dull if it means I’ll be comfortable over being pretty, uncomfortable and unable to breathe. If I wear something tight, it must have stretch so that I can move comfortably.

However, if you ask me, a woman who can pull off tight clothing is a very confident woman. It takes confidence to show yourself like that when you know any flaws you have will be exaggerated by the tight clothes.

Maxi clothes can hide flaws and make you look more put together than your body would give you permission if you wore tight clothing.

Like in the three pics below. Socially, we would give the first woman permission to wear that tight dress. We would even admire her but frown at the second woman for wearing such a tight dress. It would take a lot of confidence for the second lady to step out in that tight dress knowing that it’s not flattering according to our standards. If the second woman were to wear the dress in the third picture, she can hide her flaws and borrow confidence from the maxi style. So yes it takes confidence to wear tight styles.
descarado:

Nigeria is very religious.
If you want respect from people that matters, rock long flowing gowns especially during official time.
It will automatically elevate your level and respect.

Add a good perf and you will have the title of "ma" everywhere. Make use of that title and the sky won't be your limit. Knew this trick as undergrad and I never had any problem anywhere.Leave the tight fitting stuff for small girls and babes that have no self confidence.

Talking from experience.

Re: The Newest Trend Of Brides Rocking Trouser-like Outfits For Their Wedding by chrizzyace: 6:50pm On May 01, 2021
Everything must be inspired by the white people shaaaaa...
Re: The Newest Trend Of Brides Rocking Trouser-like Outfits For Their Wedding by pocohantas(f): 6:58pm On May 01, 2021
cococandy:
I don’t usually wear tight clothes either because I really value comfort over style. I prefer to look dull if it means I’ll be comfortable over being pretty, uncomfortable and unable to breathe. If I wear something tight, it must have stretch so that I can move comfortably.

However, if you ask me, a woman who can pull off tight clothing is a very confident woman. It takes confidence to show yourself like that when you know any flaws you have will be exaggerated by the tight clothes.

Maxi clothes can hide flaws and make you look more put together than your body would give you permission if you wore tight clothing.

Like in the three pics below. Socially, we would give the first woman permission to wear that tight dress. We would even admire her but frown at the second woman for wearing such a tight dress. It would take a lot of confidence for the second lady to step out in that tight dress knowing that it’s not flattering according to our standards. If the second woman were to wear the dress in the third picture, she can hide her flaws and borrow confidence from the maxi style. So yes it takes confidence to wear tight styles.

Lmao. True though! Whenever I see them, I am like, una get mind. cheesy
Re: The Newest Trend Of Brides Rocking Trouser-like Outfits For Their Wedding by cococandy(f): 7:03pm On May 01, 2021
pocohantas:

Lmao. True though! Whenever I see them, I am loke, una get mind. cheesy
I dey jealous them angry
Re: The Newest Trend Of Brides Rocking Trouser-like Outfits For Their Wedding by myami: 7:39pm On May 01, 2021
cococandy:

Yes. I’m a westernized African who wore a white wedding dress like other African brides according to British western traditions.

You guys love to pick and choose what’s African and what’s western as it suits you, when the entirety of your “African tradition” is all western, don’t you?
The white man stormed our lands, took charge and replaced our beloveth culture with theirs. Africa was once an independent continent until the colonialists arrived and conned us with their systems and traditions. As if that was not enough, your forefathers were acquired as slaves.
Re: The Newest Trend Of Brides Rocking Trouser-like Outfits For Their Wedding by chatinent: 7:40pm On May 01, 2021
Until I see her like this on our wedding day sha.
Re: The Newest Trend Of Brides Rocking Trouser-like Outfits For Their Wedding by cococandy(f): 7:40pm On May 01, 2021
myami:
The white man stormed our lands, took charge and replaced our beloveth culture with theirs. Africa was once an independent continent until the colonialists arrived and conned us with their systems and traditions. As if that was not enough, your forefathers were acquired as slaves.
yet you wonder why I’m “westernized”. As if every single one of us isn’t
Re: The Newest Trend Of Brides Rocking Trouser-like Outfits For Their Wedding by Casper21: 7:50pm On May 01, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
It looks like High budget ass Jumpsuit

Anyway what do I know.....am just a drunkard, bomber( key board warrior) a weed smoker and a pussy banger

When last u collect
Re: The Newest Trend Of Brides Rocking Trouser-like Outfits For Their Wedding by myami: 7:55pm On May 01, 2021
cococandy:
yet you wonder why I’m “westernized”. As if every single one of us isn’t
some of us did not forget our roots
Re: The Newest Trend Of Brides Rocking Trouser-like Outfits For Their Wedding by Ebupresh67(m): 8:15pm On May 01, 2021
Things turn around
Re: The Newest Trend Of Brides Rocking Trouser-like Outfits For Their Wedding by angelfallz(m): 8:22pm On May 01, 2021
Lol. So many ladies don't understand how dressing works on the male eyes.

pocohantas if you want men's eyes on you, wear pencil skirts(black or red silks for better effect) that are above the knee, with a nice fitted blouse and high heels.

I don't fully understand it myself and I'm a Man. But women in such skirts stir something in men. That's why your boss reacted that way. And one thing about such dressing is that, the lady is not exposing anything. Highest she is exposing, are her legs.

Our law girls in uni that year with their white blouse and black pencil skirts. Lord have mercy!!

pocohantas:
This I can manage, but there is nothing I hate more than women in senator material or agbada. I know it is not my business, but I am quite old school. I still think gowns bring out the beauty and allure of a woman.

I used to wear shirts and pants to work, decided to switch to gowns, blazers and skirts. The first day I came with one gown, my alfa male boss looked at me and said “you should do this often”.

By the way, there is no trend like this in Nigeria. I am yet to notice it. Nigerian brides are still rocking gowns. cheesy cheesy
Re: The Newest Trend Of Brides Rocking Trouser-like Outfits For Their Wedding by justli: 8:42pm On May 01, 2021
pocohantas:
This I can manage, but there is nothing I hate more than women in senator material or agbada. I know it is not my business, but I am quite old school. I still think gowns bring out the beauty and allure of a woman.

I used to wear shirts and pants to work, decided to switch to gowns, blazers and skirts. The first day I came with one gown, my alfa male boss looked at me and said “you should do this often”.

By the way, there is no trend like this in Nigeria. I am yet to notice it. Nigerian brides are still rocking gowns. cheesy cheesy

There's that thing about you that gets to me every time
Re: The Newest Trend Of Brides Rocking Trouser-like Outfits For Their Wedding by alyarmouk(m): 8:46pm On May 01, 2021
Maybe na the woman dey marry am
Re: The Newest Trend Of Brides Rocking Trouser-like Outfits For Their Wedding by Chykes4micheal: 8:59pm On May 01, 2021
Isnor fine jareee cry
Re: The Newest Trend Of Brides Rocking Trouser-like Outfits For Their Wedding by Nobody: 8:59pm On May 01, 2021
Thanks to the generation of girlie men that we have.
Re: The Newest Trend Of Brides Rocking Trouser-like Outfits For Their Wedding by ud4u: 10:31pm On May 01, 2021
So it will no longer be wedding gown but wedding trouser, evil is funny
Re: The Newest Trend Of Brides Rocking Trouser-like Outfits For Their Wedding by Probz(m): 10:50pm On May 01, 2021
Trousers are seen as effeminate in eastern cultures. Let them be. If we want to be traditional everyone further east than Akoko Ondo should be tying wrappers anyway (male and female).
Re: The Newest Trend Of Brides Rocking Trouser-like Outfits For Their Wedding by cococandy(f): 12:03am On May 02, 2021
myami:
some of us did not forget our roots
if you practice Christianity, if you will or you did wear a suit and tie on your wedding day, you forgot your roots already.
Re: The Newest Trend Of Brides Rocking Trouser-like Outfits For Their Wedding by Nobody: 12:07am On May 02, 2021
Re: The Newest Trend Of Brides Rocking Trouser-like Outfits For Their Wedding by Nobody: 4:38am On May 02, 2021
bukatyne:

100%

I wish I could 'sue' the person who came up with suits (trousers and skirts) for ladies.

Nothing brings the 'woman' in a woman than well tailored gowns, skirts and blouses.

A bride on trousers?

Toor.
gringrin you want to sue the almighty coco Chanel, you dey mad. But honestly the trousers of nowadays for women especially for naija dey weak person.
Re: The Newest Trend Of Brides Rocking Trouser-like Outfits For Their Wedding by ceaser: 7:14am On May 02, 2021
They used to term it wedding gown. Gradually they normalized it to wedding dress. So as it is now, wedding dress can be anything from a "wedding trousers" to "wedding senator dress" to "wedding mini skirt" to "wedding spaghetti shorts" or even "wedding nude", for those that practice nudity.
Re: The Newest Trend Of Brides Rocking Trouser-like Outfits For Their Wedding by joyousever(f): 8:07am On May 02, 2021
I still prefer the basic wedding dress. I no like this one!
Re: The Newest Trend Of Brides Rocking Trouser-like Outfits For Their Wedding by luluosas(m): 8:13am On May 02, 2021
What do you expect when Satan has taken over the pulpit?
Re: The Newest Trend Of Brides Rocking Trouser-like Outfits For Their Wedding by iamL(f): 8:24am On May 02, 2021
It can never replace wedding gown. E nor just make sense at all.
Re: The Newest Trend Of Brides Rocking Trouser-like Outfits For Their Wedding by myami: 10:04am On May 02, 2021
cococandy:
if you practice Christianity, if you will or you did wear a suit and tie on your wedding day, you forgot your roots already.
I haven't forgotten my roots if I've done tradition and paid brideprice. Going to church and doing white is just to fulfil all righteousness
Re: The Newest Trend Of Brides Rocking Trouser-like Outfits For Their Wedding by cejaypriesty(m): 4:12pm On May 02, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
It looks like High budget ass Jumpsuit

Anyway what do I know.....am just a drunkard, bomber( key board warrior) a weed smoker and a pussy banger
Come back home son ,Jesus loves you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Do You Have Questions About Hair, Skin And Nails... Am A Cosmetologist. / Before & After Make-up Photos Of A Bride That Has Been Sparking Reactions (pics) / Enugu Police Arrest Two Ladies Walking On The Road For Indecent Dressing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.