Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,174 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:52 AM

Father Abiagom Reacts To Garba Shehu Accusing Mbaka Of Demanding For Contracts - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Father Abiagom Reacts To Garba Shehu Accusing Mbaka Of Demanding For Contracts (54751 Views)

Obi Of Onitsha To Garba Shehu: I Had No Altercation With Obasanjo / Mbaka Asked Buhari For Contracts, Was Rebuffed, There Are Pictures - Garba Shehu / Reno To Garba Sheu: Atiku Fed You And Your Family For 16 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Father Abiagom Reacts To Garba Shehu Accusing Mbaka Of Demanding For Contracts by marv1: 11:10pm On May 01, 2021
That's what happens when a government is clueless . Government of lies and propaganda.
Re: Father Abiagom Reacts To Garba Shehu Accusing Mbaka Of Demanding For Contracts by ABANGWABOI(m): 11:47pm On May 01, 2021
Mbaka has goofed and is still a clown
Re: Father Abiagom Reacts To Garba Shehu Accusing Mbaka Of Demanding For Contracts by kennyify88: 6:06am On May 02, 2021
Why do rulers and leaders of dis world always gang up against God's anointed servant, they should remember what psalm 2:4 said that, the one who sit on d throne laughs,,,,,,
To my brothers and sisters commenting on dis issue think before u comment to avoid God's wrath upon ur head.
Thanks.....
Re: Father Abiagom Reacts To Garba Shehu Accusing Mbaka Of Demanding For Contracts by Babyg0123: 10:00am On May 02, 2021
chatinent:
The same people.

“He doesn't have a family of his own.”

Iffa hear.

Do you have an evidence? Until then he has no family of his own
Re: Father Abiagom Reacts To Garba Shehu Accusing Mbaka Of Demanding For Contracts by mctons: 10:53am On May 02, 2021
AmgrayLogistics:
What a country

Amgray Logistics
Ship from USA to Nigeria
Ship from Nigeria to USA.
Ebay checkout, Amazon checkout.. procurement
Free USA warehouse Address Upon registration
Check our nairaland thread reviews ( Read 1st and 3rd page)
Office Location: Jabi, Abuja .. Ikeja, Lagos.. Houston, USA

Hello, can one get job in your company?
Re: Father Abiagom Reacts To Garba Shehu Accusing Mbaka Of Demanding For Contracts by 9jaRealist: 6:18am On May 03, 2021
zoba88:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=3696891220438687&id=100003535375432

Most Nigerians have NO moral compass...
Look at a priest defending CORRUPTION by one of their own! SMDH

>
Re: Father Abiagom Reacts To Garba Shehu Accusing Mbaka Of Demanding For Contracts by mfm04622: 12:30pm On May 03, 2021
naptu2:
The fact remains that whether Fr Mbaka requested for a contract or not, he has a right and in fact, it is his duty to criticise the government where necessary. Garba Shehu did not address the issues that were raised in Father Mbaka's criticism, instead he shamefully tried to silence him by bringing up the issue of contracts. How does that address the issues that were raised in Father Mbaka's message?

I want you to go and watch the full video the Presidency reacted to. In the video, Father Mbaka was praising IPOB and saying they were doing the right thing. I believe the Presidency reacted that way to discredit him. However, I would have preferred if they addressed his support for IPOB.
Re: Father Abiagom Reacts To Garba Shehu Accusing Mbaka Of Demanding For Contracts by naptu2: 1:25pm On May 03, 2021
mfm04622:

I want you to go and watch the full video the Presidency reacted to. In the video, Father Mbaka was praising IPOB and saying they were doing the right thing. I believe the Presidency reacted that way to discredit him. However, I would have preferred if they addressed his support for IPOB.

There are 2 things here.

1) This is what my quoted post was reacting to. Father Mbaka, like any other Nigerian, has the right to ask President Buhari to resign (that is a right that citizens have in a democracy). Furthermore, it is Father Mbaka's job to demand that the government protects its citizens. That is his job as a Catholic priest. That quote is from this thread.

Deputy National Publicity Secretary of the ruling All Progressives Congress APC, Yekini Nabena, has cautioned the Spiritual Director of Adoration Ministry, Rev. Fr. Ejike Mbaka, against making statements that could cause instability in the country, threatening to expose him to the Pope.

Mbaka had called on the National Assembly to impeach President Muhammadu Buhari if he fails to resign over increased insecurity in the country.

Reacting to Mbaka’s statement Friday in Abuja, Nabena said it was unfortunate for a man of God “who is supposed to deploy all known spiritual means of averting crisis but rather threatening a democratically elected government for his own personal benefits while pretending to be speaking for the people.”

While making reference to the book of Mark 4: 35-40 where Jesus Christ calmed the storm when a wild storm came up and the waves crashed over the boat, Nabena said Jesus did not blame anyone but prayed and calmed the storm.

“One would wonder who Father Mbaka is emulating because the Lord Jesus Christ did not threaten to bring down the government during his own time, in fact, Jesus Christ obeyed and honoured constituted authority. That’s why he paid his tax.

“We are calling on Father Mbaka to concentrate on his spiritual calling and stop speaking like politicians who it is obvious he (Mbaka) has been dining and wining with. If Mbaka has found another political ally, it is better to leave a political message for politicians.

“Calling on President Muhammadu Buhari to either resign or be impeached because of the current challenges is ungodly. Father Mbaka should not, however, take his luck too far because there is a lot to tell the Vatican and the Pope about his person and his sources of inspiration”, Nabena said.

The APC chieftain also called on other clerics to “emulate the likes of Pastor Enoch Adejare Adeboye of the Redeemed Christian Church of God RCCG and Pastor WF Kumuyi of the Deeper Life Bible Ministry and many other true men of God who will rather fast and pray to avert a crisis in the country instead of threatening the government of the day”.

https://www.nairaland.com/6531241/apc-threatens-report-mbaka-pope

2) My second point, which you have agreed with, is that the government (that is, both Yekini Nabena and Garba Shehu) did not address the issues that Father Mbaka raised. It would have been fine if they had addressed the issue of Ipob or any of the other issues that he raised in his criticism. Instead they took a shameful approach by asking him to stay away from politics. Why didn't they say that when he was making statements in support of the APC? In fact, Canon Law forbids him from making the kind of statements that he made in support of the APC. He has a duty to criticise government, but he must not tell his supporters to vote for one candidate against the other or that this is the candidate that he supports in an election. The idea of trying to blackmail him into silence by talking about contracts is utterly shameful.

2 Likes

Re: Father Abiagom Reacts To Garba Shehu Accusing Mbaka Of Demanding For Contracts by BePrepared: 6:35pm On May 03, 2021
maureensylvia:

Is it WhatsAppable?
Re: Father Abiagom Reacts To Garba Shehu Accusing Mbaka Of Demanding For Contracts by maureensylvia(f): 7:10pm On May 03, 2021
BePrepared:

Is it WhatsAppable?

That's my WhatsApp line sir

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Osinbajo Presides Over Quarterly Business Forum (Photos) / Dino Melaye: Buhari Has Sent Oshiomhole To Golgotha / Sunday Igboho’s House In Oyo Attacked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.