Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,237 members, 7,815,321 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:46 AM

Don’t Relocate To Canada, Better Nigeria Possible, Fayemi Urges Youths - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don’t Relocate To Canada, Better Nigeria Possible, Fayemi Urges Youths (1214 Views)

Muslim-Muslim Ticket: Fayemi Urges CAN To Evolve A Charter Of Demands / Atiku: United Nigeria Possible, It Happens In My Family / Supreme Court Victory: Eleka Congratulates Fayemi, Urges Him To Rule Without Bit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don’t Relocate To Canada, Better Nigeria Possible, Fayemi Urges Youths by Omooba77: 5:18pm On May 01, 2021
Chairman of the Nigeria Governors’ Forum and Ekiti State Governor, Kayode Fayemi, has urged youths of the #EndSARS generation not to allow frustration becloud their hope in realising the Nigeria of their dream.

The governor said though the country was passing through many challenges at the moment, youths should not “give up and pick that visa and go to Canada” because Canada has a “glass ceiling”.

Fayemi spoke on Saturday at the 2021 edition of The Platform, an annual conference organised by the Senior Pastor of the Covenant Christian Centre, Lagos, Poju Oyemade.

He said though he won’t “discourage anyone who wants to leave this country in search of greener pastures, education, health care and what have you” because he once “lived outside this country for 15 years” to study and work. The ex-senator, however, urged youths to stay in the country and organise for political control rather than agonise or resort to violence.

Fayemi said, “What I am saying in essence is that we have a duty of mentorship to younger people to say to them that sometimes, you don’t always get what you push for but that not necessarily mean that is the end of the road, you keep knocking on the door, banging it and inevitably, it will open. How long it will open for will depend on your capacity to organise.

“At the risk of sounding immodest, that’s what got some of us into politics. We believe that another Nigeria is possible, a better Nigeria is possible and we should not stand by the sidelines in pushing for that Nigeria of our dreams, we are not there yet but that does not mean we will give up.”

Addressing the youths gathered at the venue of the event at The Covenant Place, beside the National Art Theatre in Iganmu, Lagos, Fayemi said, “Don’t succumb to despondency, there is a lot to hail in this country. There is a lot to frustrate you, a lot to want to make you give up and pick that visa and go to Canada. I know it is a popular destination – Canada — but you know what? There is also a glass ceiling in Canada. When you get to the top of it, you will now discover there is a glass ceiling there. This (Nigeria) is the place where there is no glass ceiling, let us work towards making it a better place.”

Canada, one of the top destinations of Nigerians, has witnessed an upsurge of global immigrants of late including Nigerians in their 20s and 30s who relocated after the #EndSARS protests last October.

The Canadian Government had also said it targets receiving 1.2 million immigrants from 2021 to 2023 in order to make up for a shortfall caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.

https://punchng.com/dont-relocate-to-canada-better-nigeria-possible-fayemi-urges-youths/
Re: Don’t Relocate To Canada, Better Nigeria Possible, Fayemi Urges Youths by Bola146(f): 5:18pm On May 01, 2021
grin I would not mind if I see any chance of going

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Relocate To Canada, Better Nigeria Possible, Fayemi Urges Youths by iammo(m): 5:19pm On May 01, 2021
What sort of jargons is that

1 Like

Re: Don’t Relocate To Canada, Better Nigeria Possible, Fayemi Urges Youths by Omooba77: 5:20pm On May 01, 2021
Ask him where his children are?

6 Likes

Re: Don’t Relocate To Canada, Better Nigeria Possible, Fayemi Urges Youths by fitzmayowa: 5:22pm On May 01, 2021
Omooba77:
Ask him where his children are?

While his own children are "in the abroad" he wants the youth to for go a better life outside Nigeria....

1 Like

Re: Don’t Relocate To Canada, Better Nigeria Possible, Fayemi Urges Youths by Racoon(m): 5:22pm On May 01, 2021
Check, you will see that Fayemi children are not even school in Nigeria.Nigeria kills hope and dreams.

1 Like

Re: Don’t Relocate To Canada, Better Nigeria Possible, Fayemi Urges Youths by inoki247: 5:23pm On May 01, 2021
is like you're mad sir....

it seems ones you become a poltician in Nigeria You will automatically wear the garment of Stupidity...

1 Like

Re: Don’t Relocate To Canada, Better Nigeria Possible, Fayemi Urges Youths by Simplyleo: 5:24pm On May 01, 2021
Which kind talk be dis?

Abeg make dem relocate jor. angry

We too plenty for Nigeria. If one third comot now, we go dey alright.

Thank God Corona don dey finish, Visa no go too hard to get again. undecided
Re: Don’t Relocate To Canada, Better Nigeria Possible, Fayemi Urges Youths by Omoslim26: 5:30pm On May 01, 2021
This life get as e be oo. His brothers are agitating to break free from this evil forest, while this one is talking about a better Nigeria ��.
How will the FG take them seriously.

1 Like

Re: Don’t Relocate To Canada, Better Nigeria Possible, Fayemi Urges Youths by DDDEnterprises: 5:32pm On May 01, 2021
Okay should I burst your bubble?

I'm not even leaving Nigeria for Canada.

I'm leaving for Syria! Yes Syria!

Tired of this mora-f**king country.

By the way, please check my signature and patronize us for your data. Na beg I dey beg. Thanks.
Re: Don’t Relocate To Canada, Better Nigeria Possible, Fayemi Urges Youths by AfonjaConehead: 5:37pm On May 01, 2021
Simplyleo:
Which kind talk be dis?

Abeg make dem relocate jor. angry

We too plenty for Nigeria. If one third comot now, we go dey alright.

Thank God Corona don dey finish, Visa no go too hard to get again. undecided

I Dey LAFF O!!!!!! LZAA IMHOTEP EVERYBODY COME AND SEE A PATRIOTIC NIGERIAN grin grin grin grin

I BLAME AM POR IFOB,WALAI GASKIYA grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Relocate To Canada, Better Nigeria Possible, Fayemi Urges Youths by Nobody: 5:40pm On May 01, 2021
Frontpage Lalasticlala,Mynd44,Dominique
Re: Don’t Relocate To Canada, Better Nigeria Possible, Fayemi Urges Youths by overseasnbeyond: 5:41pm On May 01, 2021
God punish Fayemi.
He made all his connection while working abroad now looking for people to enslave

My Story
I apply for LASTMA job in 2016 to support my other sources of income.
I was invited for interview in Alausa Ikeja with the so called examiners, these guys look at my credentials and wasted my time, the team leader bow his head for some time and said you are not qualify for this job (2.1 Bsc Pol Science university of Ibadan)
I started thinking about option 2 cos i had my valid US visa left with 6 months to expire.
The rest history. don't need to queue for visa again.
The useless guy is still in Alausa now .

Omooba77:
Chairman of the Nigeria Governors’ Forum and Ekiti State Governor, Kayode Fayemi, has urged youths of the #EndSARS generation not to allow frustration becloud their hope in realising the Nigeria of their dream.

The governor said though the country was passing through many challenges at the moment, youths should not “give up and pick that visa and go to Canada” because Canada has a “glass ceiling”.

Fayemi spoke on Saturday at the 2021 edition of The Platform, an annual conference organised by the Senior Pastor of the Covenant Christian Centre, Lagos, Poju Oyemade.

He said though he won’t “discourage anyone who wants to leave this country in search of greener pastures, education, health care and what have you” because he once “lived outside this country for 15 years” to study and work. The ex-senator, however, urged youths to stay in the country and organise for political control rather than agonise or resort to violence.

Fayemi said, “What I am saying in essence is that we have a duty of mentorship to younger people to say to them that sometimes, you don’t always get what you push for but that not necessarily mean that is the end of the road, you keep knocking on the door, banging it and inevitably, it will open. How long it will open for will depend on your capacity to organise.

“At the risk of sounding immodest, that’s what got some of us into politics. We believe that another Nigeria is possible, a better Nigeria is possible and we should not stand by the sidelines in pushing for that Nigeria of our dreams, we are not there yet but that does not mean we will give up.”

Addressing the youths gathered at the venue of the event at The Covenant Place, beside the National Art Theatre in Iganmu, Lagos, Fayemi said, “Don’t succumb to despondency, there is a lot to hail in this country. There is a lot to frustrate you, a lot to want to make you give up and pick that visa and go to Canada. I know it is a popular destination – Canada — but you know what? There is also a glass ceiling in Canada. When you get to the top of it, you will now discover there is a glass ceiling there. This (Nigeria) is the place where there is no glass ceiling, let us work towards making it a better place.”

Canada, one of the top destinations of Nigerians, has witnessed an upsurge of global immigrants of late including Nigerians in their 20s and 30s who relocated after the #EndSARS protests last October.

The Canadian Government had also said it targets receiving 1.2 million immigrants from 2021 to 2023 in order to make up for a shortfall caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.

https://punchng.com/dont-relocate-to-canada-better-nigeria-possible-fayemi-urges-youths/

1 Like

Re: Don’t Relocate To Canada, Better Nigeria Possible, Fayemi Urges Youths by Nobody: 5:44pm On May 01, 2021
overseasnbeyond:
God punish Fayemi.
He made all his connection while working abroad now looking for people to enslave

My Story
I was invited for interview in Alausa Ikeja with the so called examiners, these guys look at my credentials and wasted my time, the team leader bow his head for some time and said you are not qualify for this job (2.1 Bsc Pol Science university of Ibadan)
I started thinking about option 2 cos i had my valid US visa left with 6 months to expire.

Congrats on securing your papers.

3 Likes

Re: Don’t Relocate To Canada, Better Nigeria Possible, Fayemi Urges Youths by BigSarah(f): 5:44pm On May 01, 2021
Statement made Under the influence of corruption ... Nigeria is the best if you are rich and powerful enough that’s the truth
Re: Don’t Relocate To Canada, Better Nigeria Possible, Fayemi Urges Youths by overseasnbeyond: 5:46pm On May 01, 2021
Thank you my brother,
Now i got the uniform job i wanted easily.
3 years still counting

RuudVanNisteroy:

Congrats on securing your papers.

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Relocate To Canada, Better Nigeria Possible, Fayemi Urges Youths by renegades(m): 5:56pm On May 01, 2021
That one na talk,if l see way l dey jaa
Re: Don’t Relocate To Canada, Better Nigeria Possible, Fayemi Urges Youths by Nobody: 5:57pm On May 01, 2021
AfonjaConehead:

I Dey LAFF O!!!!!! LZAA IMHOTEP EVERYBODY COME AND SEE A PATRIOTIC NIGERIAN grin grin grin grin

I BLAME AM POR IFOB,WALAI GASKIYA grin
simplyleo must sit back in Nigeria and enjoy APC mis-government

cc helinues

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don’t Relocate To Canada, Better Nigeria Possible, Fayemi Urges Youths by limeta(f): 6:34pm On May 01, 2021
You should ve started with where your children are

1 Like

Re: Don’t Relocate To Canada, Better Nigeria Possible, Fayemi Urges Youths by folabayo(f): 6:40pm On May 01, 2021
They don't want the youth to travel out so that they can be using them as political thug during election. Mr gov. Most of the youth don wise up and in few years time, this youth travelling out will compete with ur kids in every sector.
You can lead by example with ur kids

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Relocate To Canada, Better Nigeria Possible, Fayemi Urges Youths by Omooba77: 8:00pm On May 01, 2021
folabayo:
They don't want the youth to travel out so that they can be using them as political thug during election. Mr gov. Most of the youth don wise up and in few years time, this youth travelling out will compete with ur kids in every sector.
You can lead by example with ur kids

Gba Sibe!!!

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Relocate To Canada, Better Nigeria Possible, Fayemi Urges Youths by Omooba77: 6:20am On May 02, 2021
Seun dont leave Sango!
Re: Don’t Relocate To Canada, Better Nigeria Possible, Fayemi Urges Youths by AntiNigerian: 7:27am On May 02, 2021
These fools are just useless! After destroying this place, you want us to manage it like that? Una dey craze!

1 Like

Re: Don’t Relocate To Canada, Better Nigeria Possible, Fayemi Urges Youths by dynicks(m): 7:34am On May 02, 2021
If he has got the mind, One on one, he should come talk this shit to my face....

1 Like

Re: Don’t Relocate To Canada, Better Nigeria Possible, Fayemi Urges Youths by Omooba77: 10:01am On May 02, 2021
He ran away during Abacha's time and one of those behind Radio Kudirat....
Re: Don’t Relocate To Canada, Better Nigeria Possible, Fayemi Urges Youths by sylve11: 10:17am On May 02, 2021
Na the comments off me here. Chai! Nigerians and bad mouths. grin cool
Re: Don’t Relocate To Canada, Better Nigeria Possible, Fayemi Urges Youths by AroleOduduwa2: 10:36am On May 02, 2021
Where are your kids Olofo?

1 Like

Re: Don’t Relocate To Canada, Better Nigeria Possible, Fayemi Urges Youths by Omooba77: 3:03pm On May 02, 2021
overseasnbeyond:
God punish Fayemi.

My Story

Thank God for your life!

4 Likes

Re: Don’t Relocate To Canada, Better Nigeria Possible, Fayemi Urges Youths by Nobody: 3:07pm On May 02, 2021
Omooba77:

Thank God for your life!
Re: Don’t Relocate To Canada, Better Nigeria Possible, Fayemi Urges Youths by Omooba77: 3:48pm On May 02, 2021
[quote author=RuudVanNisteroy post=101314085][/quote]

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ipob And Kanu Are Bloody Coward / Igboho Seeks Asylum In Benin Republic, Sues Malami, DSS / 10 Months Later, Obaseki Finally Names Cabinet (see Full List)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.