Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,657 members, 7,809,484 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:26 AM

Who Can Help Me Retrieve My Funds From These Scammers - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Who Can Help Me Retrieve My Funds From These Scammers (1218 Views)

Travelers Defeat Zamfara Bandits, Kill One, Retrieve 2 AK-47 Rifles / What do we do about these scammers on the loose / Be Careful Of These Scammers On Nairaland-See List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Can Help Me Retrieve My Funds From These Scammers by sanyablaze(m): 12:40am On May 02, 2021
Hello all, so I stumbled on this Telegram Escrow page where buyers and sellers exchange Cryptocurrency with an Admin acting as intermediary.

I studied the group for some days, but never had an inkling they are scammers as there seems to be activities in the group with people coming from time to time buying and selling, but it just dawned on me it was all part of the game.

So tonight someone advertised USDT at a relatively cheap rate of N400/$ so I decided to buy 200 to test them out.

To cut long story short, after payment I was either removed from the page or they deleted the page. I sha did not see myself in the group again.

Here is the screenshot of the payment to one Solomon Osahen Okunbor of Sterling Bank.

His bank details
Solomon Osahen Okunbor
Sterling Bank

Though I've reported to gtbank on Twitter, but I'll appreciate any further suggestions and assistance.

Thank You

Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Who Can Help Me Retrieve My Funds From These Scammers by KingMicky3286: 1:10am On May 02, 2021
Dont transfer money to anyone in Nigeria.

There is no trust in Nigeria..

3 Likes

Re: Who Can Help Me Retrieve My Funds From These Scammers by TarOrfeeek: 1:21am On May 02, 2021
When he kept insisting on selling everything at once.

That's where you ought to have gave him small space.

Then send 10% of whatever you intended to buy and confirm seller authenticity.

1 Like

Re: Who Can Help Me Retrieve My Funds From These Scammers by iammo(m): 2:09am On May 02, 2021
Go to your bank and explain to them
Re: Who Can Help Me Retrieve My Funds From These Scammers by DmainG: 2:26am On May 02, 2021
How people still fall for cheap scams in this era of unlimited access to online info is beyond my imagination.

I wish u the best though

1 Like

Re: Who Can Help Me Retrieve My Funds From These Scammers by lawalosky(m): 3:35am On May 02, 2021
Scammers are on the lose this days

1 Like

Re: Who Can Help Me Retrieve My Funds From These Scammers by AllenSpencer: 4:07am On May 02, 2021
iammo:
Go to your bank and explain to them

Nigerian banks even aid this fraudsters. They will end up frustrating your life, that you will forget the money.
Re: Who Can Help Me Retrieve My Funds From These Scammers by harmargedon: 6:03am On May 02, 2021
Una no dey tire

1 Like

Re: Who Can Help Me Retrieve My Funds From These Scammers by naijaboy756: 6:36am On May 02, 2021
If you are a scammer reading this, repent or be bedridden before the end of this month.

Demonic animals

1 Like

Re: Who Can Help Me Retrieve My Funds From These Scammers by Komu1048(m): 6:45am On May 02, 2021
Scammers dey everywhere, one still came with custom auction brouhaha to me because I want to buy a 2008 rav4 for 1.7m. I was still thinking it’s too cheap that is how she claim she will give me the 2017 model for same price because I she likes the way I am serious with the business. I shout for her she jakpa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Can Help Me Retrieve My Funds From These Scammers by sanyablaze(m): 7:18am On May 02, 2021
Make una offer solution ooo... I want see how effective the system in this country take be self.

I on a good day lose that kind of fund in trading, even more... But it's painful when you pay for a service and the seller thinks he's smart.

I just felt those guys need to be taught a lesson this time around.

Lalasticlala, please put your magic touch.

1 Like

Re: Who Can Help Me Retrieve My Funds From These Scammers by hakeem4(m): 9:05am On May 02, 2021
it is only your bank that can help you man.

get police report
Re: Who Can Help Me Retrieve My Funds From These Scammers by Arinze624: 2:12am On May 03, 2021
Menogeshishi,, 
 I sha no trust ma'self atoll
 MY TRUST IS IN GOD
 I only confide in ma'self Màkàchigrin
Re: Who Can Help Me Retrieve My Funds From These Scammers by damiloladuke: 12:57am On May 23, 2021
Re: Who Can Help Me Retrieve My Funds From These Scammers by makemoneywbsite: 4:06am On May 23, 2021
Really? With dozens of exchanges for p2p and even DEXes built on blockchain by reputable exchanges, you guys still go for black market? Sorry ... Hunting for that money would cost you more than its value since you're in Nigeria where everything works through bribery. Next time use your initiative to know there are many fraudsters out there working hard to steal your coins or money.
Re: Who Can Help Me Retrieve My Funds From These Scammers by decub: 5:57am On May 23, 2021
sanyablaze:
Hello all, so I stumbled on this Telegram Escrow page where buyers and sellers exchange Cryptocurrency with an Admin acting as intermediary.

I studied the group for some days, but never had an inkling they are scammers as there seems to be activities in the group with people coming from time to time buying and selling, but it just dawned on me it was all part of the game.

So tonight someone advertised USDT at a relatively cheap rate of N400/$ so I decided to buy 200 to test them out.

To cut long story short, after payment I was either removed from the page or they deleted the page. I sha did not see myself in the group again.

Here is the screenshot of the payment to one Solomon Osahen Okunbor of Sterling Bank.

His bank details
Solomon Osahen Okunbor
Sterling Bank

Though I've reported to gtbank on Twitter, but I'll appreciate any further suggestions and assistance.

Thank You

Lalasticlala
Sad you fell victim to this. You learnt the hard way.

Unfortunately, CBN policy on crypto would make GTB keep mute on your request.

I knew of some TG group that do P2P too and the group had well over 1000 members; seemed credible but I never used them.

Next time use exchange P2P or better still, arrange to meet the person face to face.

(1) (Reply)

Have You Recently Noticed Dis About Ugm, Esn, Mnk And Ipob / Skull Miner Dies After Being ‘held Down By A Ghost’ At A Cemetery In Ogun State / Reactions As Chidinma Ojukwu Arrive In Court Looking So Elegant (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.