Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,191 members, 7,815,152 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:18 AM

Suspected Lipoma - Can Surgery Be Avoided? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Suspected Lipoma - Can Surgery Be Avoided? (344 Views)

Truth About Lipoma By James Reynolds New / OUGH!! Ladies Say No To Fake Bum Bum Implant Surgery.be Thankful To The Natural / Help!!! My Child Has Lipoma (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Suspected Lipoma - Can Surgery Be Avoided? by Eagle1(m): 6:31am On May 02, 2021
Docs and medical professionals pls I need your urgent response and assistance. There is this painless lump on my left thigh. The growth started about 4 years ago. Initially I thought it was an insect bite. A friend suggested it is lipoma. My question is can it be cured with drugs? If the answer is negative, who do I consult for the removal - a dermatologist or a surgeon? What type of anathesia is best suited for the surgery? Any recommendations pls?

Thanks for your kind assistance.
Re: Suspected Lipoma - Can Surgery Be Avoided? by Elonmuskfan: 6:44am On May 02, 2021
Eagle1:
Docs and medical professionals pls I need your urgent response and assistance. There is this painless lump on my left thigh. The growth started about 4 years ago. Initially I thought it was an insect bite. A friend suggested it is lipoma. My question is can it be cured with drugs? If the answer is negative, who do I consult for the removal - a dermatologist or a surgeon? What type of anathesia is best suited for the surgery? Any recommendations pls?

Thanks for your kind assistance.
please see a doctor. Anaesthesia has never been known to cure lipoma if actually it is what you suffer from. Once again please go see a doctor for professional diagnosis. None of us here can see the lump nor feel and touch it while wearing hand gloves. A doctor will, and also send you for further examinations/tests to confirm his suspicions. Thanks
Re: Suspected Lipoma - Can Surgery Be Avoided? by Eagle1(m): 6:58am On May 02, 2021
@Elonmuskfan

My reference to anathesia is not as a cure just the type suitable for such surgeries

I watched Dr Pimple Popper, a dermatologist and this got me confused. Who is best suited for the surgery - the dermatologist or a surgeon?

I understand that there might be tests after the removal to determine the drugs regime. I'm trying to build confidence and take a safe decision with adequate information.

Thank you
Re: Suspected Lipoma - Can Surgery Be Avoided? by Elonmuskfan: 7:16am On May 02, 2021
Eagle1:
@Elonmuskfan

My reference to anathesia is not as a cure just the type suitable for such surgeries

I watched Dr Pimple Popper, a dermatologist and this got me confused. Who is best suited for the surgery - the dermatologist or a surgeon?

I understand that there might be tests after the removal to determine the drugs regime. I'm trying to build confidence and take a safe decision with adequate information.

Thank you
Pre-surgical anaesthesia is recommended. What happens post-surgery as far as pain is concerned is usually opioids, you may be placed on pentazocine, morphine, buprenorphine or any other opioid analgesic depending on the level of your pain.

Just go a general hospital, the first doctor you see will know the appropriate department to refer your folder to, then you will go there still within the general hospital, to see the appropriate doctor.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What Is HGH, And Why Is It Important? / Experts Reveals Top 11 Habits For Effective Weight Loss / Man Get Magnetic Power After Second Dose Of Covid 19 Vaccine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.