Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,997 members, 7,825,087 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:12 AM

Nigerian Government Moves To Sell Power Generating Companies, Invites Bids - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Government Moves To Sell Power Generating Companies, Invites Bids (19100 Views)

Kogi Government Moves To Recover Obajana Cement Company From Dangote / Buhari's Government Moves To Block Nigerians From Using VPN For Twitter, Others, / See List Of Power Generating Companies In Nigeria(picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Government Moves To Sell Power Generating Companies, Invites Bids by erai30(m): 1:11pm On May 03, 2021
Those thunder that use to kill FULANI COWS should try and locate this BUHARI AND HIS COHORTS.
Re: Nigerian Government Moves To Sell Power Generating Companies, Invites Bids by Nobody: 1:12pm On May 03, 2021
The sale would only make sense, and would attract genuine investors...if the government stops controlling the price of electricity via NBET, and allows DISCOS to set the price of power themselves...since CBN won't sell dollars to the DISCOS and GENCOS at favourable rates.
Re: Nigerian Government Moves To Sell Power Generating Companies, Invites Bids by BruncleZuma: 1:13pm On May 03, 2021
Let's blame PDP and Atiku
Re: Nigerian Government Moves To Sell Power Generating Companies, Invites Bids by Jonegonu: 1:15pm On May 03, 2021
choice17:
Confused Government!!
They should privatize NNPC first, is of no value to the ordinary citizen.
what do u understand by sale and privatize

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Government Moves To Sell Power Generating Companies, Invites Bids by seyz91(m): 1:16pm On May 03, 2021
will sell or don sell already cheesy
longetivity:
Buhari will soon sell Nigeria
Re: Nigerian Government Moves To Sell Power Generating Companies, Invites Bids by Nwachi22(f): 1:20pm On May 03, 2021
Re: Nigerian Government Moves To Sell Power Generating Companies, Invites Bids by eebraa(m): 1:21pm On May 03, 2021
I thought Otedola bought Geregu Power station some years ago
Re: Nigerian Government Moves To Sell Power Generating Companies, Invites Bids by veekid(m): 1:21pm On May 03, 2021
Now we are getting into business, Wetin remain for buhari to sell abeg
Re: Nigerian Government Moves To Sell Power Generating Companies, Invites Bids by Bedrooomsecret: 1:22pm On May 03, 2021
It is finished cry
Re: Nigerian Government Moves To Sell Power Generating Companies, Invites Bids by SmartPolician: 1:22pm On May 03, 2021
Lazycapitalist2:
The sale would only make sense, and would attract genuine investors...if the government stops controlling the price of electricity via NBET, and allows DISCOS to set the price of power themselves...since CBN won't sell dollars to the DISCOS and GENCOS at favourable rates.

Why does the Gencos sell power to the Discos in USD? Are we now in the United States? undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Government Moves To Sell Power Generating Companies, Invites Bids by immortal2: 1:22pm On May 03, 2021
Handing over our national assets to Fulanis and maybe give their slaves in the South (they know themselves) one power plant to make sure they dont think of a prosperous nation devoid of the people they so much hate.
Re: Nigerian Government Moves To Sell Power Generating Companies, Invites Bids by fitinwell: 1:23pm On May 03, 2021
Have they Privatized or sell of Water co-operation,.. and Nipost..??
Re: Nigerian Government Moves To Sell Power Generating Companies, Invites Bids by Gkay1(m): 1:26pm On May 03, 2021
dis kon3 nor go fit beta jor.
Re: Nigerian Government Moves To Sell Power Generating Companies, Invites Bids by surequality: 1:26pm On May 03, 2021
They will sell and buy!
Re: Nigerian Government Moves To Sell Power Generating Companies, Invites Bids by Harrisonwo(m): 1:34pm On May 03, 2021
next year budget, we go know wetin they go wan sell use fund am. Since they are all out of options on external loans

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Government Moves To Sell Power Generating Companies, Invites Bids by Nobody: 1:45pm On May 03, 2021
SmartPolician:

Why does the Gencos sell power to the Discos in USD? Are we now in the United States? undecided

Because the gas companies the gencos buy from prefer to sell to gencos in dollars...meanwhile CBN don't give them dollars...so gencos source for dollars at parallel market
Re: Nigerian Government Moves To Sell Power Generating Companies, Invites Bids by SmartPolician: 1:50pm On May 03, 2021
Lazycapitalist2:

Because the gas companies the gencos buy from prefer to sell to gencos in dollars...meanwhile CBN don't give them dollars...so gencos source for dollars at parallel market

These guys run this country like we are in the United States. Why sell gas in USD whereas we source gas locally? undecided
Re: Nigerian Government Moves To Sell Power Generating Companies, Invites Bids by Nobody: 1:53pm On May 03, 2021
It's like Federal government is hungry.
Re: Nigerian Government Moves To Sell Power Generating Companies, Invites Bids by olowo1930: 2:01pm On May 03, 2021
mbahdi:
Useless government.same tin atiku said he will do when elected.and you all bashed him.useless set of confused men
I don't even know that someone can remind us
Re: Nigerian Government Moves To Sell Power Generating Companies, Invites Bids by NOwazobia: 2:02pm On May 03, 2021
Asorock also needed to be sold to private bodies. Anyone but Islamic terrosists.
Re: Nigerian Government Moves To Sell Power Generating Companies, Invites Bids by olowo1930: 2:03pm On May 03, 2021
its Time for Nigeria Govt to fold up. when we have weak leaders in all sectors, if selling is the option,why do you think Nigerian will be at Peace., avenue of abject poverty
Re: Nigerian Government Moves To Sell Power Generating Companies, Invites Bids by BigBashiru: 2:06pm On May 03, 2021
dre11:

https://saharareporters.com/2021/05/02/nigerian-government-moves-sell-power-generating-companies-invites-bids

Just give it to a chinese company to run so we can be assured of a good maintenance culture and near 24/7 power.
Re: Nigerian Government Moves To Sell Power Generating Companies, Invites Bids by Mass6: 2:12pm On May 03, 2021
I think our major problem is NNPC ,since it is difficult for the organisation to generate revenue.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Government Moves To Sell Power Generating Companies, Invites Bids by Nobody: 2:14pm On May 03, 2021
longetivity:
Buhari will soon sell Nigeria

Lol which selling again?? I guess you were hallucinating when shiiiithole was sold to CHINA & IMF. Enjoy. Nothing gives me Joy everyday knowing my Offsprings won't be among the Zombies who will pay for all these madness.....
Re: Nigerian Government Moves To Sell Power Generating Companies, Invites Bids by Joseph08(m): 2:43pm On May 03, 2021
Buhari has finished Nigeria grin
Re: Nigerian Government Moves To Sell Power Generating Companies, Invites Bids by ngjames2021: 2:50pm On May 03, 2021
Urgently need money? Work hard and still got not enough? Debts only grows up?
I know how i feels!

I was LIKE YOU once, just one of 5 poor brothers, working on farm.

I hate poverty as much as you are! That's why I made a greatest investment community to earn money with no limits!

I've changed my life!
And now I give YOU same chance to change you life!

No doubts, no fears!
JOIN OUR WHATSAPP GROUP AND BECOME RICH

https://thisdayslive.com/whatsappgroup/
Re: Nigerian Government Moves To Sell Power Generating Companies, Invites Bids by slowice(m): 2:59pm On May 03, 2021
The dangotes, musa, adamu and Muhammed would buy up the companies fronting bribed foreign companies as technical partners. And of course bpe wouldn't border to verified them extensively because they are all covered by the blood of sai baba

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Government Moves To Sell Power Generating Companies, Invites Bids by tit(f): 2:59pm On May 03, 2021
iammo:
If only they would sell it to capable investors and not Politicians looking for means if cashing out

Who will bring their money into Nigeria?
Re: Nigerian Government Moves To Sell Power Generating Companies, Invites Bids by Zionmdde: 3:51pm On May 03, 2021
choice17:
Confused Government!!
They should privatize NNPC first, is of no value to the ordinary citizen.
Wat u just said shows total ignorance. U could have just said, privatize the refineries which is one out of 8 entities under nnpc. I guess u don't know d core functions of the rest. I guess u should do a research about a topic before writing about it using bold letter.
Re: Nigerian Government Moves To Sell Power Generating Companies, Invites Bids by Faithful1234(m): 3:59pm On May 03, 2021
make then kwuma sell the whole country make we for rest

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Triumph Of The ‘yahoo-yahoo’ Governors / Peter Obi’s Votes’ll Come From Twitter, Says Atiku Group / Reasons For Nigeria's U.S DV-Lottery Ban

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.