Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,352 members, 7,812,004 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:02 AM

Insecurity!!!! Help Oo - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Insecurity!!!! Help Oo (1214 Views)

UK Warns Its Citizens To Avoid 22 States In Nigeria Over Insecurity Issues / Rising Poverty, Inequality, Insecurity Fueling ‘Japa Syndrome’ / Insecurity In Nigeria: Canada Warns Citizens To Avoid Non-Essential Travel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Insecurity!!!! Help Oo by tbanty1: 11:16am On May 03, 2021
Has anyone travelled by road from Lagos to Abuja of recent? Please hint me how the journey look like and is it safe to travel these days considering insecurity we are battling (bandits and kidnapping). Your suggestions are highly welcome. Thanks and God bless you.
Re: Insecurity!!!! Help Oo by Evidenx(m): 11:20am On May 03, 2021
I have not but i will advise you don't try it. If u can't afford flight ticket please don't travel.

1 Like

Re: Insecurity!!!! Help Oo by grafixdon: 11:27am On May 03, 2021
I'm also traveling next week... The cheapest Flight is 105k, I don't think I can afford that. I've to risk it going by the road.
Re: Insecurity!!!! Help Oo by rottenPussy: 11:39am On May 03, 2021
If you must go by road, then rehearse your last prayer should in case and hold ransom.

Btw, have you checked flight fee with Dana? It's usually cheaper on economy flexi.
Re: Insecurity!!!! Help Oo by ednut1(m): 1:17pm On May 03, 2021
Keep your ransom money for side o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Insecurity!!!! Help Oo by JeffreyJunior: 4:33pm On May 03, 2021
ednut1:
Is it that bad now?
Re: Insecurity!!!! Help Oo by Aaaaarghmed(m): 8:02pm On May 03, 2021
Hold ransome follow body and carry gun plus cutlass when travelling. Dem kidnap my cousin and na 1.5m we pay as ransome.Nigeria is gone to ruins
Re: Insecurity!!!! Help Oo by mrsage(m): 8:09pm On May 03, 2021
People travel by road every day. No need to worry

I'm in the transportation business so I know what I'm taking about.

Go to Jibowu bus park alone and count the number of buses that ply Lagos to Abuja every day. I'm sure at least 20 buses minimum.

In a week that's over 1,000 people from Jibowu alone.

We still have other busy parks like:
Ojota
Iddo
Oshodi
Iyanapaja
Ajah etc.

The security situation is bad I agree. However do not create unnecessary fear.

Tips:

Don't travel at night.

Be vigilant

Just go for the recognized bus companies like GIG, GUO, ABC, Libra etc

You may decide to break your road trip to avoid night travel. Stop at a safe location, spend the night in a hotel then move the next morning. Times are hard.

The fact is considering the state of the economy very few can afford to travel by air. Those prices are not smiling. Our airlines can also be unreliable. That's a story for another day.

Wish you luck.

1 Like

Re: Insecurity!!!! Help Oo by NiklauseFred(m): 10:12pm On May 03, 2021
mrsage:

Go to Jibowu bus park alone and count the number of buses that ply Lagos to Abuja every day. I'm sure at least 20 buses minimum.

Ojota
Iddo
Oshodi
Iyanapaja
Ajah etc.

Tips:

Don't travel at night.

Be vigilant

You may decide to break your road trip to avoid night travel. Stop at a safe location, spend the night in a hotel then move the next morning. Times are hard.

The fact is considering the state of the economy very few can afford to travel by air. Those prices are not smiling. Our airlines can also be unreliable. That's a story for another day.

Wish you luck.
Op follow this advice,it's the only sensible comment I have seen here.
Re: Insecurity!!!! Help Oo by tbanty1: 1:26pm On May 04, 2021
Thanks to everyone that has contributed. I must say ur suggestion contribution will help in a long way. I so much appreciate. Thanks so much and God bless you all.
Re: Insecurity!!!! Help Oo by tbanty1: 1:27pm On May 04, 2021
NiklauseFred:

Op follow this advice,it's the only sensible comment I have seen here.
Thanks for your input
Re: Insecurity!!!! Help Oo by tbanty1: 1:27pm On May 04, 2021
mrsage:

Ojota
Iddo
Oshodi
Iyanapaja
Ajah etc.

Tips:

Don't travel at night.

Be vigilant

Wish you luck.
Thanks for your input
Re: Insecurity!!!! Help Oo by tbanty1: 1:28pm On May 04, 2021
ednut1:
Thanks for your input
Re: Insecurity!!!! Help Oo by tbanty1: 1:29pm On May 04, 2021
Aaaaarghmed:
Hold ransome follow body and carry gun plus cutlass when travelling. Dem kidnap my cousin and na 1.5m we pay as ransome.Nigeria is gone to ruins
. Thanks for your input
Re: Insecurity!!!! Help Oo by tbanty1: 1:30pm On May 04, 2021
rottenPussy:
If you must go by road, then rehearse your last prayer should in case and hold ransom.

Btw, have you checked flight fee with Dana? It's usually cheaper on economy flexi.
. Thanks for your input
Re: Insecurity!!!! Help Oo by tbanty1: 1:30pm On May 04, 2021
grafixdon:
I'm also traveling next week... The cheapest Flight is 105k, I don't think I can afford that. I've to risk it going by the road.
. Thanks for your input

1 Like

Re: Insecurity!!!! Help Oo by tbanty1: 1:33pm On May 04, 2021
Evidenx:
I have not but i will advise you don't try it. If u can't afford flight ticket please don't travel.
. Thanks for your input

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Anyone Studying At Ulster University, Birmingham / Nice Information For Women Coming To The US/North America / Nigerians Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.