Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,729 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:01 PM

Liberia Blocks Internet Over Protests Against President Weah - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Liberia Blocks Internet Over Protests Against President Weah (33729 Views)

President Weah Withdraws Ndubuisi Nwabudike's Nomination For Liberia's NEC Boss / Pelosi Signs And Submits Articles Of Impeachment Against President Trump. Video / Liberia Blocks Social Media Amid Anti-corruption Protests (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Liberia Blocks Internet Over Protests Against President Weah by mysteryman2014: 6:38pm On May 03, 2021
AllenSpencer:
Sigh..

No one is to be trusted. Power intoxicates

Even a Weah disappointed the electorates.

Can African leaders plead with the British and Americans to resume slave trade.

Seems its a viable option as at where Africa stands today.

They should just issue them licenses to be kidnapping us, so all we have to pray for is to be kidnapped

Did u watch Roots.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Liberia Blocks Internet Over Protests Against President Weah by FullBlastLight: 6:43pm On May 03, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright....Africans are a disgrace
You block the internet because of a peaceful protests
I think we Africans should put head together and gather money to buy aeroplane...to start moving us batch by batch out of this gadmnnn continent...make we just leave the continent for our useless leaders

Ogbeni....nobody is coming

Re: Liberia Blocks Internet Over Protests Against President Weah by Lastanza: 6:59pm On May 03, 2021
People dey para means, see headline '' generational traitor''
Re: Liberia Blocks Internet Over Protests Against President Weah by Nobody: 7:07pm On May 03, 2021
UncommonLogic:

So it's Buhari that will personally block internet if he wants to?

Smh
Sarcasm brother......

Sarcasm!
Re: Liberia Blocks Internet Over Protests Against President Weah by UncommonLogic: 7:09pm On May 03, 2021
Nairalandian:

Sarcasm brother......

Sarcasm!

Ok bro. No vex...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Liberia Blocks Internet Over Protests Against President Weah by Jahwinaboy(m): 7:28pm On May 03, 2021
budaatum:

You will be most abundantly blessed.
You too bro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Liberia Blocks Internet Over Protests Against President Weah by OyinO: 7:37pm On May 03, 2021
Righteousness2:
From Continent to continent, Nation to nation, its the same Protest against inflation, bad governance, bad leadership etc.
I begin to ask myself, where are we headed to?
All I see is a world searching for solution.
All I see is things Playing into the Hands of the Man of lawlessness a.k.a the antichrist.
The World is being Prepared for Him.
JESUS is Coming Folks! Let is ensure we Prepared. It is gonna be Suddenly.

"Every good and perfect gift comes from above...."

Where did Satan come from?

How do you know Heaven is a good place?
Re: Liberia Blocks Internet Over Protests Against President Weah by gabbasin: 7:57pm On May 03, 2021
does George weah himself believe in his own country which he heads? His son plays for US national soccer team instead of Liberia. this speaks a lot about African leaders. They never believe in their countries. If I can't make my son represent my country at international level then I am not fit morally to be my country's president

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Liberia Blocks Internet Over Protests Against President Weah by Nobody: 8:49pm On May 03, 2021
UncommonLogic:

Ok bro. No vex...
No qualms
Re: Liberia Blocks Internet Over Protests Against President Weah by misterjosh(m): 9:24pm On May 03, 2021
Power really corrupts cry
Re: Liberia Blocks Internet Over Protests Against President Weah by RealEzee(m): 10:18pm On May 03, 2021
cry my sweet L.I.B, MA pot still boiling!!

The beginning of the end of Weah,twas obvious he really couldn't be the man for the job but just needed Sirleaf out, I hope it doesn't get violent cos those guys don't play over there
Re: Liberia Blocks Internet Over Protests Against President Weah by TMKsouth: 10:53pm On May 03, 2021
BigBashiru:

south africa was built by white men.... dont try to take the glory for it....

Re: Liberia Blocks Internet Over Protests Against President Weah by Govocrete: 11:51pm On May 03, 2021
AllenSpencer:
Sigh..

No one is to be trusted. Power intoxicates

Even a Weah disappointed the electorates.

Can African leaders plead with the British and Americans to resume slave trade.

Seems its a viable option as at where Africa stands today.

They should just issue them licenses to be kidnapping us, so all we have to pray for is to be kidnapped

Am sure free visa in the name of slavery is loading.
Re: Liberia Blocks Internet Over Protests Against President Weah by BoraWizzle(m): 1:39am On May 04, 2021
This one we thought is young and ambitious, is now acting anyhow! We complain the old is a waste of space & that we need young blood, which kind nonsense is he doing now? The citizen elects you ALL African leaders, Listen to them and stop acting like the presidency is your family/traditional post.

This one come weak me now ooo.
Re: Liberia Blocks Internet Over Protests Against President Weah by IVORY2009(m): 6:26am On May 04, 2021
Ladyhippolyta88:
Footballer turned dictator

grin

1 Like

Re: Liberia Blocks Internet Over Protests Against President Weah by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 8:36am On May 04, 2021
IVORY2009:

grin
Good morning sir.

Longest time cheesy
Re: Liberia Blocks Internet Over Protests Against President Weah by IVORY2009(m): 11:57am On May 04, 2021
Ladyhippolyta88:

Good morning sir.

Longest time cheesy

Yes oooo, how has it been? Hope you are good grin

1 Like

Re: Liberia Blocks Internet Over Protests Against President Weah by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 11:58am On May 04, 2021
IVORY2009:

Yes oooo, how has it been? Hope you are good grin
I am fine thank you smiley
Re: Liberia Blocks Internet Over Protests Against President Weah by IVORY2009(m): 12:00pm On May 04, 2021
Ladyhippolyta88:

I am fine thank you smiley

Nice to know you are fine, do have a nice day!

1 Like

Re: Liberia Blocks Internet Over Protests Against President Weah by Rossinkup: 2:58pm On May 04, 2021
Princedapace:
I told u people that blacks cant rule them selves and some people dey form motivational speech.

Tell me one black leader has been able to rule well. All of them have same thing: oppress their citizens, steal and loot endlessly, carry women and men and flex.

I am black but not a fan of blacks

Ignorant, empty headed dunce.

I bet you can't even name 15 black countries without Google, never mind 15 ''black leaders''.

Or know the first thing about African history.

Just an empty headed dunce walking around and considering himself inferior.

Wasted education.
Re: Liberia Blocks Internet Over Protests Against President Weah by Rossinkup: 3:09pm On May 04, 2021
zedman1:
Honestly, I personally don't believe the problem with this entire continent has to do with leadership. It's something bigger. Both the leaders and citizens are bad. Please don't mention any African country which you think is doing well with a 'good leader' , until you show me just one, I repeat, just one that is nearly as developed as say, America. I think there's something not good in the black man's head or skin - something somewhere. Else even the few African countries that are a bit developed are either occupied by light skinned Africans, e.g Northern Africa, or have a large presence or influence of white skinned people, e.g South Africa.

Your problem is that you are a dunce.

You see problems as explainable by magic.

Africa has problems, so it must be something about their skin colour.

How does one assess such low IQ, stupid, and dumb reasoning?

Do you even know what accounts for dark skin?

Ever heard of the word, MELANIN?

It is a chemical and a blessing from your Maker to protect you from the sun rays on the world's hottest continent.

Without that dark skin, you could not be alive today, as your ancestors would have perished thousands of years ago.

Europeans did not settle in West Africa for a reason. They develop terrible skin diseases from long term exposure to sunlight.

YOU are immune from that, being blessed with Melanin.

The whites who deceived you that your black skin is 'evil' or 'inferior', you should let go of their brainwashing now that you're an adult (presumably).

Oh, and America is developed, with an annual budget of 7.6 trillion dollars because her leaders genocided the native population, and brought in slaves at gunpoint to engage in forced free labour, for centuries. She maintains those riches today by invading other nations like Vietnam, Iraq, Libya, Congo, Afghanistan etc, and killing millions of innocent people in order to corner their resources.

So it really makes no sense blindly adoring these 'developed' nations like a slave, without considering what they did to acquire their wealth.

Do you have a suggestion whom Africans should raid, loot, mass murder, and genocide to enrich ourselves overnight like America and Britain?

1 Like

Re: Liberia Blocks Internet Over Protests Against President Weah by Princedapace(m): 3:27pm On May 04, 2021
Rossinkup:

Ignorant, empty headed dunce.

I bet you can't even name 15 black countries without Google, never mind 15 ''black leaders''.

Or know the first thing about African history.

Just an empty headed dunce walking around and considering himself inferior.

Wasted education.

hahahahahaa, black Africans are so good yet, black Africans are running to the same whites who colonized them for greener pasture. Blacks are even ready to die inside dangerous sea to escape the continent.

As usual, blacks will always allow sentiments to govern them. No wonder we will always sing black lives matter. Hahahaha, we sing it becus as a race, we have not been able to build our race. All we do is loot, loot, loot loot away our resources to white man's land. Up till today, blacks struggle to even solve electricity problem all becus they love to loot away their countries grin

Bro, u cant stand close to me if we are to reason logically. I challenge u on a debate via skype. I will even load ur data for the live debate if data is your problem. I dont resort to abuse. As usual, empty people resort to abuse instead of making valid points.
Re: Liberia Blocks Internet Over Protests Against President Weah by zedman1(m): 5:25pm On May 04, 2021
Rossinkup:

Your problem is that you are a dunce.

You see problems as explainable by magic.

Africa has problems, so it must be something about their skin colour.

How does one assess such low IQ, stupid, and dumb reasoning?

Do you even know what accounts for dark skin?

Ever heard of the word, MELANIN?

It is a chemical and a blessing from your Maker to protect you from the sun rays on the world's hottest continent.

Without that dark skin, you could not be alive today, as your ancestors would have perished thousands of years ago.

Europeans did not settle in West Africa for a reason. They develop terrible skin diseases from long term exposure to sunlight.

YOU are immune from that, being blessed with Melanin.

The whites who deceived you that your black skin is 'evil' or 'inferior', you should let go of their brainwashing now that you're an adult (presumably).

Oh, and America is developed, with an annual budget of 7.6 trillion dollars because her leaders genocided the native population, and brought in slaves at gunpoint to engage in forced free labour, for centuries. She maintains those riches today by invading other nations like Vietnam, Iraq, Libya, Congo, Afghanistan etc, and killing millions of innocent people in order to corner their resources.

So it really makes no sense blindly adoring these 'developed' nations like a slave, without considering what they did to acquire their wealth.

Do you have a suggestion whom Africans should raid, loot, mass murder, and genocide to enrich ourselves overnight like America and Britain?

Honestly bro, I didn't even read close to a quarter of what you wrote before realizing the kind of person you are. I just stopped and won't even read further. Replying to any other comment of yours asides this will drag me so low to your level. Africa really has a lot of problems and you're one of them. Peace out.
Re: Liberia Blocks Internet Over Protests Against President Weah by Rossinkup: 8:31pm On May 04, 2021
Princedapace:

hahahahahaa, black Africans are so good yet, black Africans are running to the same whites who colonized them for greener pasture. Blacks are even ready to die inside dangerous sea to escape the continent.

There are even more Asians than blacks in those western countries, so does that also prove to your dumb head that Asians are 'inferior' to whites?

Couldn't it be for the obvious reason that being that Europeans raided the entire world and looted/enslaved/colonised its people, that they would be the richest region on Earth today where people from all over the world flock to?

See, you have a low IQ, so you cannot reason beyond a 4 year old's intellect.

''Oh mummy. Those people are yellow and they are poor. Those other ones are white and they are rich. Therefore the white colour is better than the yellow colour! Oh look! The black people are so poor. Is that why they are black, mummy? Can you please change me to colour white mummy!''

That's it. toddler logic. It's ingrained in your head. How does one debate a person like you? It's impossible.

As usual, blacks will always allow sentiments to govern them. No wonder we will always sing black lives matter. Hahahaha, we sing it becus as a race, we have not been able to build our race. All we do is loot, loot, loot loot away our resources to white man's land. Up till today, blacks struggle to even solve electricity problem all becus they love to loot away their countries

How many black nations have you visited out of the 60 or so in existence?

My guess is LESS THAN 3.

Beyond the fact that they are developing nations, you haven't the slightest clue about their current state, their rate of progress and development, their economic growth rates, their history, their leadership, and whatever has led them to their current situation. All you see is ''black = bad'' and ''white = good''.

So how does one debate a toddler like you?

It is impossible.

I studied Development Economics at university level.

We actually have identified explanations for every economic circumstance in Africa and beyond, and none of them involve racial explanations, which are universally regarded in academia as quack, unserious, discredited garbage.
Re: Liberia Blocks Internet Over Protests Against President Weah by Princedapace(m): 8:40pm On May 04, 2021
Rossinkup:

There are even more Asians than blacks in those western countries, so does that also prove to your dumb head that Asians are 'inferior' to whites?

See, you have a low IQ, so you cannot reason beyond a 4 year old's intellect.

''Oh mummy. Those people are yellow and they are poor. Those other ones are white and they are rich. Therefore the white colour is better than the yellow colour! Oh look! The black people are so poor. Is that why they are black, mummy? Can you please change me to colour white mummy!''

That's it. toddler logic. How does one debate a person like you? It's impossible.

How many black nations have you visited out of the 60 or so in existence?

My guess is LESS THAN 3.

Beyond the fact that they are developing nations, you haven't the slightest clue about their current state, their rate of progress and development, their economic growth rates, their history, their leadership, and whatever has led them to their current situation. All you see is ''black = bad'' and ''white = good''.

So how does one debate a toddler like you?

It is impossible.

I said, engage me in a dabate. Since u are intelligent, u may win me over, right? I can assure that I will give you proper account.

Never ever blame colonialism. We have all we need to develop but we are dam greedy. We steal and loot away our own resources to buy properties in Dubai, London, Paris, while our people lack health care. Did a white man put guy on our heads and asked us to loot? Over 60 years, blacks are still blaming colonialism when there were many countries in the same situation as ours decades ago, in fact, we looked more promising than they were, but today, they are far ahead. Why? They focused on building their nations with their resources while we focused on looting. Rubbish.

And like I said, people like you who easily resort to abusive words are not smart at all. They are driven by sentiments and not reality. As u can see, I find it hard to abuse u. I know ur type. U aren't smart at all.
Re: Liberia Blocks Internet Over Protests Against President Weah by Rossinkup: 9:01pm On May 04, 2021
Princedapace:

I said, engage me in a dabate. Since u are intelligent, u may win me over, right? I can assure that I will give you proper account.

Never ever blame colonialism.

But THIS was the situation BEFORE colonialism:

''With its mathematical layout and earthworks longer than the Great Wall of China, Benin City was one of the best planned cities in the world when London was a place of ‘thievery and murder’.'' The Benin empire was one of the oldest and most highly developed states in west Africa, dating back to the 11th century.

The Guinness Book of Records (1974 edition) described the walls of Benin City and its surrounding kingdom as the world’s largest earthworks carried out prior to the mechanical era. According to estimates by the New Scientist’s Fred Pearce, Benin City’s walls were at one point “four times longer than the Great Wall of China, and consumed a hundred times more material than the Great Pyramid of Cheops”.

Benin City was also one of the first cities [on Earth] to have a semblance of street lighting. Huge metal lamps, many feet high, were built and placed around the city, especially near the king’s palace. Fuelled by palm oil, their burning wicks were lit at night to provide illumination for traffic to and from the palace.

At the centre of the city stood the king’s court, from which extended 30 very straight, broad streets, each about 120-ft wide. These main streets, which ran at right angles to each other, had underground drainage made of a sunken impluvium with an outlet to carry away storm water. Many narrower side and intersecting streets extended off them. In the middle of the streets were turf on which animals fed.

“Houses are built alongside the streets in good order, the one close to the other,” writes the 17th-century Dutch visitor Olfert Dapper. “Adorned with gables and steps … they are usually broad with long galleries inside, especially so in the case of the houses of the nobility, and divided into many rooms which are separated by walls made of red clay, very well erected.”

When the Portuguese first “discovered” the city in 1485, they were stunned to find this vast kingdom made of hundreds of interlocked cities and villages in the middle of the African jungle. They called it the “Great City of Benin”, at a time when there were hardly any other places in Africa the Europeans acknowledged as a city. Indeed, they classified Benin City as one of the most beautiful and best planned cities in the world.

In 1691, the Portuguese ship captain Lourenco Pinto observed: “Great Benin, where the king resides, is larger than Lisbon; all the streets run straight and as far as the eye can see. The houses are large, especially that of the king, which is richly decorated and has fine columns. The city is wealthy and industrious. It is so well governed that theft is unknown and the people live in such security that they have no doors to their houses.”

In contrast, London at the same time is described by Bruce Holsinger, professor of English at the University of Virginia, as being a city of “thievery, prostitution, murder, bribery and a thriving black market made the medieval city ripe for exploitation by those with a skill for the quick blade or picking a pocket”.

https://www.theguardian.com/cities/2016/mar/18/story-of-cities-5-benin-city-edo-nigeria-mighty-medieval-capital-lost-without-trace

So if the ABOVE described PRECOLONIAL Africa, then, if you had a thinking logical head, you would link the current decline in standards to the entry of external powerful forces that disrupted a working system, by forcing the populations to abandon those systems and embrace those practised in Europe.

We have all we need to develop but we are dam greedy. We steal and loot away our own resources to buy properties in Dubai, London, Paris, while our people lack health care.

So when things go wrong in the new imported systems, you don't go calling the people 'inferior' or blaming their skin colour, because they are not expert at 'copy and paste'.

Everything changed with colonialism. The way we hold our leaders accountable changed.

In the Oyo empire, if a king was found to be corrupt, he was ORDERED by his council (the Oyo Mesi) to commit suicide or go on exile.

We had real checks and balances that worked for thousands of years.

Today, what system do we practice? One that simply holds you to harmless bible oaths.

Imported, harmless rubbish.

Why would corruption not thrive?

Answer me that question.

So what YOU should be doing, if you were a real African intellectual as opposed to a self-hating coon who thinks he is 'inferior', is calling for political and social re-engineering of the people, to draw on our ancient strengths, and abandon foreign solutions.

You would not see it as ''blaming whites for our problems'', but as extricating blacks from theirs.
Re: Liberia Blocks Internet Over Protests Against President Weah by Princedapace(m): 9:05pm On May 04, 2021
Rossinkup:

But THIS was the situation BEFORE colonialism:

''With its mathematical layout and earthworks longer than the Great Wall of China, Benin City was one of the best planned cities in the world when London was a place of ‘thievery and murder’.'' The Benin empire was one of the oldest and most highly developed states in west Africa, dating back to the 11th century.

The Guinness Book of Records (1974 edition) described the walls of Benin City and its surrounding kingdom as the world’s largest earthworks carried out prior to the mechanical era. According to estimates by the New Scientist’s Fred Pearce, Benin City’s walls were at one point “four times longer than the Great Wall of China, and consumed a hundred times more material than the Great Pyramid of Cheops”.

Benin City was also one of the first cities to have a semblance of street lighting. Huge metal lamps, many feet high, were built and placed around the city, especially near the king’s palace. Fuelled by palm oil, their burning wicks were lit at night to provide illumination for traffic to and from the palace.

When the Portuguese first “discovered” the city in 1485, they were stunned to find this vast kingdom made of hundreds of interlocked cities and villages in the middle of the African jungle. They called it the “Great City of Benin”, at a time when there were hardly any other places in Africa the Europeans acknowledged as a city. Indeed, they classified Benin City as one of the most beautiful and best planned cities in the world.

In 1691, the Portuguese ship captain Lourenco Pinto observed: “Great Benin, where the king resides, is larger than Lisbon; all the streets run straight and as far as the eye can see. The houses are large, especially that of the king, which is richly decorated and has fine columns. The city is wealthy and industrious. It is so well governed that theft is unknown and the people live in such security that they have no doors to their houses.”

In contrast, London at the same time is described by Bruce Holsinger, professor of English at the University of Virginia, as being a city of “thievery, prostitution, murder, bribery and a thriving black market made the medieval city ripe for exploitation by those with a skill for the quick blade or picking a pocket”.

https://www.theguardian.com/cities/2016/mar/18/story-of-cities-5-benin-city-edo-nigeria-mighty-medieval-capital-lost-without-trace

So if the ABOVE described PRECOLONIAL Africa, then, if you had a working brain, you would link the current decline in standards to the entry of external powerful forces that disrupted a working system, by forcing the populations to abandon those systems and embrace those practised in Europe.

So when things go wrong in the new imported systems, you don't go calling the people 'inferior' or blaming their skin colour, because they are not expert at 'copy and paste'.

Everything changed with colonialism. The way we hold our leaders accountable changed.

In the Oyo empire, if a king was found to be corrupt, he was ORDERED by his council (the Oyo Mesi) to commit suicide or go on exile.

We had real checks and balances that worked for thousands of years.

Today, what system do we practice? One that simply holds you to harmless bible oaths.

Imported, harmless rubbish.

Why would corruption not thrive?

Answer me that question.

So what YOU should be doing, if you were a real African intellectual as opposed to a self-hating coon who thinks he is 'inferior', is calling for political and social re-engineering of the people, to draw on our ancient strengths, and abandon foreign solutions.

You would not see it as ''blaming whites for our problems'', but as extricating blacks from theirs.

The question is why did we have all that and still got defeated by the same whites? We overrated the so called development we had. If the development was that sophisticated, we would have been able to defend the aggressors.
Also, Ethiopia wasn't colonized like we were. So, why aren't they different?
Re: Liberia Blocks Internet Over Protests Against President Weah by Rossinkup: 9:29pm On May 04, 2021
Princedapace:

The question is why did we have all that and still got defeated by the same whites? We overrated the so called development we had. If the development was that sophisticated, we would have been able to defend the aggressors.

The whites defeated EVERYONE THEY FACED. Indians, Arabs, Native Americans, Chinese, Africans, you name it.

The game-changer was GUNPOWDER, plus European moral emptiness and greed.

They learnt from the Chinese how to mix natural ingredients to make gunpowder.

The Chinese had been using the substance for religious ceremonies.

The noise of explosions sounded like a return of the gods.

There was limited military use in 'primitive' firelances.

At this time, Europe was the poorest region on Earth.

They must have felt the only way to change that, was to go on a killing and looting spree of the world.

But how could they? Every nation used bows and arrows and shields and swords, and had done so for THOUSANDS of years.

The discovery of gunpowder was manna from heaven for the Europeans.

For them, it was their route out of poverty.

They used it to make guns and bombs that could kill masses of people in no time.

This weapon changed EVERYTHING.

They suddenly had the power over every other race and people, which they never had prior.

The rest is history.

Also, Ethiopia wasn't colonized like we were. So, why aren't they different?

Ethiopia was invaded and occupied by Italy for decades. The Italians massacred thousands and even used chemical weapons against them in several conflicts. They later imposed European administrative systems, disrupting the original systems. That is why the Ethiopian parliamentary session looks like the ones in Rome.

Nevertheless, Ethiopia's socio-cultural systems have not been as severely eroded as Nigeria's, and you can see it when you visit.

Their life expectancy is 67 compared to Nigeria's 54.

They are also the 2nd or 3rd fastest growing economy in the world.

Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Re: Liberia Blocks Internet Over Protests Against President Weah by Princedapace(m): 10:39pm On May 04, 2021
Rossinkup:

The whites defeated EVERYONE THEY FACED. Indians, Arabs, Native Americans, Chinese, Africans, you name it.

The game-changer was GUNPOWDER, plus European moral emptiness and greed.

They learnt from the Chinese how to mix natural ingredients to make gunpowder.

The Chinese had been using the substance for religious ceremonies.

The noise of explosions sounded like a return of the gods.

There was limited military use in 'primitive' firelances.

At this time, Europe was the poorest region on Earth.

They must have felt the only way to change that, was to go on a killing and looting spree of the world.

But how could they? Every nation used bows and arrows and shields and swords, and had done so for THOUSANDS of years.

The discovery of gunpowder was manna from heaven for the Europeans.

For them, it was their route out of poverty.

They used it to make guns and bombs that could kill masses of people in no time.

This weapon changed EVERYTHING.

They suddenly had the power over every other race and people, which they never had prior.

The rest is history.

Ethiopia was invaded and occupied by Italy for decades. The Italians massacred thousands and even used chemical weapons against them in several conflicts. They later imposed European administrative systems, disrupting the original systems. That is why the Ethiopian parliamentary session looks like the ones in Rome.

Nevertheless, Ethiopia's socio-cultural systems have not been as severely eroded as Nigeria's, and you can see it when you visit.

Their life expectancy is 67 compared to Nigeria's 54.

They are also the 2nd or 3rd fastest growing economy in the world.

Addis Ababa, Ethiopia

Forget Ethiopia pics and yeye data. That country is messed up. Take away that their capital, it is nothing to write home about.

All these u wrote, I read them before. The fact that they discovered it before others is a plus for them.

Also, decades after all these, why haven't we sat down to to refix things? We know our problems but looting has not allowed us to do so.

Take a loot at Tinubu now. He was talking of regional govt before but becus he wants presidency, he has changed his mouth. So why can't we have blacks who will stand on what they believe in?
Re: Liberia Blocks Internet Over Protests Against President Weah by Rossinkup: 1:07am On May 05, 2021
Princedapace:

Forget Ethiopia pics and yeye data. That country is messed up. Take away that their capital, it is nothing to write home about.

All these u wrote, I read them before. The fact that they discovered it before others is a plus for them.

Also, decades after all these, why haven't we sat down to to refix things? We know our problems but looting has not allowed us to do so.

Take a loot at Tinubu now. He was talking of regional govt before but becus he wants presidency, he has changed his mouth. So why can't we have blacks who will stand on what they believe in?

Playing to the gallery for political expediency is not the preserve of black politicians. Get rid of your racial self-loathing.

Plus your mind works in a far too simplistic way.

''After decades of all these, why haven't we sat down to refix things?''

You think it takes mere decades to undo the damage done, but it doesn't.

It takes a CENTURY OR MORE.

And it is not something that will be noticeable to you as it happens.

But development IS happening.

A Lagosian from the 1980s will not recognise the Lagos of today, with things like the BRT system and its air-conditioned public buses with USB connectivity, ambulances you can call on your phone, flyovers everywhere, the transformation of Lekki and the island, the ferry system. New roads being built with sidewalks and covered drains. Shopping malls everywhere, high speed rail service to Ibadan, Abeokuta etc, with city-wide rail services about to be commissioned. A LOT has changed in Lagos.

Is it cities like Uyo, Ikot Ekpene, Abakaliki, Nnewi, and Awka?

These places were VILLAGES with mud huts in the 1980s. I used to pass through them.

Go there today. Shopping malls, banks, stadiums, conference centres, flyovers, expressways, universities, major hospitals. A total transformation.

There was nothing like Abuja in the 80s. It was just a bush with some few buildings. Today it is one of Africa's most beautiful cities.

So Nigeria is developing.

America has been independent for 300+ years. UK 600 years. Nigeria merely 60. Give them time.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Deposed African Leaders And Where They Are Now / Full Text Of Trumps Speech Recognizing Jerusalem As Israel's Capital (Video, Pic / Killer tornadoes sweep through parts of the United States. Over 50 reported dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.