Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,484 members, 7,819,759 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:30 PM

Even John Knew No Adam's Offspring Could Inherit Another Man's Righteousness - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Even John Knew No Adam's Offspring Could Inherit Another Man's Righteousness (481 Views)

Righteousness Exalts A Nation: One Thing Nigeria Could Learn From A Cat (Photo) / What Does The Bible Mean By "He That Overcometh Shall Inherit All Things?" / Timi Dakolo Married In My Church, I Knew Of The Rape-Pastor Yemi Davids (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Even John Knew No Adam's Offspring Could Inherit Another Man's Righteousness by jesusjnr2020(m): 4:48pm On May 03, 2021
Even John Knew No Adam's Offspring Could Inherit Another Man's Righteousness

The Pharisees, who were workers of iniquity, were notoriously infamous for being the greatest opposition Jesus faced during the course of His ministry on Earth.

Instead of repenting at the righteousness preachings of Jesus and that of John the Baptist, they persecuted and alleged all manner of evil against them for bringing their evil works to light.

One of the things that emboldened them in their iniquity, and gave them a false sense of security was the fact that they were the descendants of righteous Abraham. John 8:33

But John the Baptist said to them:

"...O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?
Bring forth therefore fruits meet for repentance:
And think not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, that God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham.
And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: therefore every tree which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire."
Matthew 3:7-10 (KJV)

Now those who John said this to were true descendants of Abraham and hence bona fide part of the Abrahamic covenant, yet John told them that meant nothing except they brought forth fruits meet for repentance, because every tree (man) that doesn't brings forth good fruits (works of righteousness) shall be cut down and cast into the fire (hell).

And this was someone of whom Jesus said, "the least in the Kingdom of God is greater than he", yet you have many so-called Christians who claim to be of the Kingdom of God were yet walking in total ignorance of this Truth which John knew.

This proves that they're not truly of the kingdom of God in Truth but just deceiving themselves, because even the level of the John's knowledge, who was not of the kingdom of God, they have not yet reached not to talk of exceeding it.

Hence they're still believing the lie that they inherited Christ's righteousness, just as the Pharisees foolishly thought of their father Abraham, which gave them a false sense of security despite being workers of iniquity, but it's even worse in their own case because they're not even Jesus' descendants to begin with.

Therefore what John the Baptist said to the Pharisees, i would also say unto them.

"Oh generation of workers of iniquity, do not deceive yourselves thinking that you inherited Jesus righteousness, but you must bring forth fruits (works of righteousness) meet for repentance, because every tree (man) that doesn't brings forth good fruits (works of righteousness) shall be cut down and cast into the fire (hell)."

He that has an ear, let him hear.

God bless.
Re: Even John Knew No Adam's Offspring Could Inherit Another Man's Righteousness by Chrisbeks: 5:14pm On May 03, 2021
So how come we all inherit the sin and punishment of Adam?

1 Like

Re: Even John Knew No Adam's Offspring Could Inherit Another Man's Righteousness by jesusjnr2020(m): 5:21pm On May 03, 2021
Chrisbeks:
Only a man descendants can inherit his nature.
Re: Even John Knew No Adam's Offspring Could Inherit Another Man's Righteousness by Kobojunkie: 5:27pm On May 03, 2021
Chrisbeks:
You did not inherit Adam's sin. Case and point - Abel, Adam's own son was declared a righteous man by God. undecided
Re: Even John Knew No Adam's Offspring Could Inherit Another Man's Righteousness by BassReeves: 5:41pm On May 03, 2021
Chrisbeks:
Your head dey there brah

jesusjnr2020:
Only a man descendants can inherit his nature.
1 Corinthians 15:45
'The Scriptures tell us,
“The first man, Adam, became a living person.”
But the last Adam—that is, Christ—is a life-giving Spirit.
'

1 Corinthians 15:22
'Just as everyone dies because we all belong to Adam, everyone who belongs to Christ will be given new life.'

John 1:12
'But to as many as did receive and welcome Him,
He gave the right [the authority, the privilege] to become children of God, (i.e. descendants)
that is, to those who believe in (adhere to, trust in, and rely on) His name—.
'

We are all descendants of Adam to start with, but had since, from the love, grace, mercy, kindness and an inherited righteousness of God in Christ, and the faith in the second Adam aka last Adam, that we believe in, got born from above, born of water and the Spirit, to become sons of God, as, if anyone belongs to Christ, such has become and is a new creation, new person. The old life is gone, a new life has begun.
Re: Even John Knew No Adam's Offspring Could Inherit Another Man's Righteousness by BassReeves: 5:57pm On May 03, 2021
Chrisbeks:

Kobojunkie:
You did not inherit Adam's sin. Case and point - Abel, Adam's own son was declared a righteous man by God. undecided
You like just being argumentative for argumentative sake.
If we didnt inherit Adam's sin, what in your estimation, exactly is a sizeable list of things we inherited from Adam then?

Abel being credit with righteousness did not save him from being bludgeoned to death by Cain, his brother. You misunderstand why Abel was credited with righteousness. Exercising strong and robust faith is not for lily-livered believers
Re: Even John Knew No Adam's Offspring Could Inherit Another Man's Righteousness by BassReeves: 6:54pm On May 03, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
[s]Worker of abominations, have you repented of your abominable ways?
Please kindly do me a favor and report yourself to the mods if you thought you insulted yourself or accused yourself falsely.[/s]
Why not ask yourself, if this flare-up display of yours, mixed with derailing the thread, equates to you having the fruit of the Spirit? You definitely are out of control of the Holy Spirit, and thats the reason, you'll type an out of turn, out of order, over the bar comment like this. Your disorderly and disruptive behaviour is inexcusable.

Now, let me enlighten you a bit. To start with, I am not an idolater. I dont perpetrate or commit abominable idolatry act(s).

Why not grow up, stop chasing shadows and stop liking your posts using your back up moniker
Re: Even John Knew No Adam's Offspring Could Inherit Another Man's Righteousness by jesusjnr2020(m): 9:33pm On May 03, 2021
BassReeves:
Why not ask yourself, if this flare-up display of yours, mixed with derailing the thread, equates to you having the fruit of the Spirit? You definitely are out of control of the Holy Spirit, and thats the reason, you'll type an out of turn, out of order, over the bar comment like this. Your disorderly and disruptive behaviour is inexcusable.

Now, let me enlighten you a bit. To start with, I am not an idolater. I dont perpetrate or commit abominable idolatry act(s).

Why not grow up, stop chasing shadows and stop liking your posts using your back up moniker
Repeat!
jesusjnr2020:
Worker of abominations, have you repented of your abominable ways?

jesusjnr1:
You know what i'm talking about as every one else here. One day if you don't repent, your abominable ways shall find you out.

BassReeves:

Fyi, God never anywhere in the Bible say gays are an abomination in His sight.
jesusjnr2020:

Please kindly do me a favor and report yourself to the mods if you thought you insulted yourself or accused yourself falsely.
Re: Even John Knew No Adam's Offspring Could Inherit Another Man's Righteousness by BassReeves: 10:32pm On May 03, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
Repeat!
Some posters are like trees. They take forever to grow up

History repeats itself, first as tragedy (i.e. the unexpected as usual happens) second as farce.
Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it
How incapable must man be of learning from experience, as history repeats itself, but in such cunning disguise, that he never detects the resemblance until the damage is done.
Beloved, dont repeat the same mistake and expect a different result because ignorance and its denial, will, sad to say, lead you down the same road as it did in all past history(ies).

You’ll keep typing 'Repeat!' repeating yourself until you learn your lesson
Re: Even John Knew No Adam's Offspring Could Inherit Another Man's Righteousness by mfoniso67157: 10:49pm On May 03, 2021
Re: Even John Knew No Adam's Offspring Could Inherit Another Man's Righteousness by Kobojunkie: 11:05pm On May 03, 2021
mfoniso67157:
We did not inherit Adam's sins - there is no such thing as a sin nature as that lie has been told by deceivers to blind people for what sin really is, which is simply disobedience of God's commandments. undecided

Sin is disobedience and when we choose sin we make a conscious choice to disobey God where those who constantly choose sin live in iniquity. That ability to choose exists in each and every man and the choice made is not preceded, hence not inherited. undecided

Abel, Adam's own son, was able to chose obedience to God over disobedience i.e. faith ,blasting away any notion that sin is inherited in some way or form. undecided

As for Adam's punishment, if you paid close attention to the command God gave to Adam, you would realize that it is also not that we "inherited" the consequence but that it was meant to be so. undecided

God said to man " In that day you eat from this tree, you will surely die....". Paying close attention to the wording of the command, we can deduce that if Adam had waited until after having some descendants, before eating from that tree that is, some of His progeny would have been spared the consequences of his fall. If one of Adam's sons and not Adam Himself, had eaten from the tree instead, we would not all be in this shait either. undecided
Re: Even John Knew No Adam's Offspring Could Inherit Another Man's Righteousness by jesusjnr2020(m): 11:26pm On May 03, 2021
BassReeves:
Some posters are like trees. They take forever to grow up

History repeats itself, first as tragedy (i.e. the unexpected as usual happens) second as farce.
Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it
How incapable must man be of learning from experience, as history repeats itself, but in such cunning disguise, that he never detects the resemblance until the damage is done.
Beloved, dont repeat the same mistake and expect a different result because ignorance and its denial, will, sad to say, lead you down the same road as it did in all past history(ies).

You’ll keep typing 'Repeat!' repeating yourself until you learn your lesson

jesusjnr2020:
Worker of abominations, have you repented of your abominable ways?

jesusjnr1:
You know what i'm talking about as every one else here. One day if you don't repent, your abominable ways shall find you out.

BassReeves:

Fyi, God never anywhere in the Bible say gays are an abomination in His sight.
jesusjnr2020:

Please kindly do me a favor and report yourself to the mods if you thought you insulted yourself or accused yourself falsely.
Re: Even John Knew No Adam's Offspring Could Inherit Another Man's Righteousness by jesusjnr2020(m): 10:35pm On May 20, 2021

(1) (Reply)

JUST IN: Ahmed Gulak, Jonathan’s Ex-aide, Shot Dead By Unknown Gunmen In Owerri / Meet The Family Of The Late Televangelist Pastor TB Joshua / Is Lying Allowed For Some Reasons?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.