Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,700 members, 7,820,447 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:02 PM

Know How To Configure Multilinks On Macintosh-g3s,g4s,g5s And Intel Macs - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Know How To Configure Multilinks On Macintosh-g3s,g4s,g5s And Intel Macs (1635 Views)

Which Processor Did You Prefer Between AMD And Intel With Reasons / Multilinks Balance Check / Re: Mtn Gprs Modem(fastlink)! How To Configure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Know How To Configure Multilinks On Macintosh-g3s,g4s,g5s And Intel Macs by ise82(m): 12:46pm On Jul 11, 2007
Do u guys know it is possible to configure Multilinks on your Mac system(G3s, G4s, G5s and intel macs) without installing windows, any intereted user should let me know on iseoluwa82@yahoo.com or call 08027335522!!!
Re: Know How To Configure Multilinks On Macintosh-g3s,g4s,g5s And Intel Macs by Ralvy(m): 5:19pm On Feb 12, 2008
ofcourse, its possible. . .

Click here to Download a PDF file with instructions

Or search thru the computer section thr
Re: Know How To Configure Multilinks On Macintosh-g3s,g4s,g5s And Intel Macs by ise82(m): 4:39pm On Feb 13, 2008
Thanks man. I'm now connected
Re: Know How To Configure Multilinks On Macintosh-g3s,g4s,g5s And Intel Macs by King2000: 2:09pm On Feb 16, 2008
hello guy, i have interest on it. my e-mail adderess is abdullahi4king@yahoo.com. Thanks.
Re: Know How To Configure Multilinks On Macintosh-g3s,g4s,g5s And Intel Macs by ise82(m): 9:32pm On Feb 16, 2008
i'm gonna go thro. the steps necessary in configuring multilinks on mac OSX (operating system) now. I will like to divide this HOW TO tutorial into 2 sections.

1) If u're using the multilinks' LG tableset then u may need to install Windows on your Mac using any virtual Pc software ( microsoft virtual PC 7, iEmulator e.tc). If u need any virtual PC let me know. OR download a pdf file from multilinks website on how to configure multilinks on macs.

2) How to configure multilinks mobile on macs

Stuffs you need:
i) A DKU 5 cable (prolific cables only). Open system profile and click on USB. This will show the manufacturer of the cable.You can get the cables cheap from cmp villa for 1k.
ii) A modem software
iii) usb-serial software from mac website.

Once u ve all those stuffs then u can just get started.

1) Put the cable in any usb port. Click on the FInder Icon on the Dock and click on Applications. Double click on utilities folder and on System profiler icon( this is necessary to check cable manufacturer). Click on usb and check if the cable is prolific.

2) Download the Usb-serial software from apple.com (search for it). Install it and restart your system. If u need any of those software, mail me on iseoluwa82@yahoo.com.

3) Goto to this link www.taniwha.org.uk, to download the modem for the nokia cdma phone.

4) finally goto system preferences on your mac and click on network. If all go well it will tell u a new port has been found. Click on the show bottn and click network port configuration and select usb-serial to enable it. Click show button again and click usbserial enter all these;

service provider -- multilinks
acct name ----- ur acct name
passwd------- ur password
tel n0---- #777

select the modem tab
click the moden btn and select the modem Nokia 3G Packet RB
click dial and voila there u go. I wish u good luck. I love my mac.
Gabriel

(1) (Reply)

I Need Help Converting My Samsung Phone To A Modem / AYServices - MTN, AIRTEL, ETISALAT CHEAP SME DATA!!! / Deleted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.