Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,382 members, 7,954,545 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 09:48 PM

Trying To Find Alariwo Of Africa Cd - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Trying To Find Alariwo Of Africa Cd (2712 Views)

#throwbackthursday: Alariwo – Adara Ft 9ice & Sunny Nneji / M.i.p Featuring Alariwo(we No Get Shaking) Watch And Download Video,blazing Hot / Alariwo Of Africa: An Empty Barrel? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Trying To Find Alariwo Of Africa Cd by Fady: 10:21pm On Feb 08, 2006
Hello good people.

Does anyone know where I can find the "Yawa Go Gas" CD? I have been up and down the internet with no luck. I know it's quite a few years old, but there must be copies of it lurking somewhere!

Also - while I am here, what other recordings has he done? I gather that he has recorded songs with other artists?

Any help to locate any of his music will be hugely appreciated smiley
Re: Trying To Find Alariwo Of Africa Cd by Seun(m): 12:36am On Feb 22, 2006
Can you tell us more about this Alariwo of Africa and the Yawa go Gas Cd?
Re: Trying To Find Alariwo Of Africa Cd by Fady: 10:38pm On Feb 22, 2006
Hi

The artist records under the name of Alariwo of Africa (i.e. "Noisemaker" of Africa for those who don't know smiley) though I understand his real name is either Martin Etumudon or Rotimi Martins*. His first album "Yawa Go Gas" (which again translates to something like, things are going to get out of hand - i.e a threat) was released in 1998.

I have a compilation CD entitleThe Original Afrobeat - The Sound of 90's Nigeria. This includes the title Yawa Go Gas track. Acording to the information on this the track was composed by Martin Etumudon (*on another web link that I found about the artist he is named as Rotimi Martins), and published by Eko Star Music. From what I gather this sold in huge quantities and was considered something of an anthem. I'm quite suprised that I cannot actually find copies anywhere. I do collect music, but my first love is reggae, so although I am a big afrobeat fan and have an extensive Fela collection, based in the UK, it is quite easy to have things pass you by.

Here is a link with further details about the artist:

http://www.thisdayonline.com/archive/2004/09/04/20040904sac01.html
Re: Trying To Find Alariwo Of Africa Cd by Fady: 2:15pm On Mar 02, 2006
http://www.afromix.org/html/musique/artistes/alariwo/index.en.html

And here is a link to the picture on the front of the CD (which is obviously not available at Amazon sad)

(1) (Reply)

"GT The Guitarman And Wande Cole" Whom Do You Think Is More Promising. / Watch Crazy New Dance, Alanta No Reach Am / Sasha P – Authentic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.