Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,490 members, 7,823,146 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:17 AM

Trying To Find Alariwo Of Africa Cd - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Trying To Find Alariwo Of Africa Cd (2646 Views)

#throwbackthursday: Alariwo – Adara Ft 9ice & Sunny Nneji / M.i.p Featuring Alariwo(we No Get Shaking) Watch And Download Video,blazing Hot / Alariwo Of Africa: An Empty Barrel? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Trying To Find Alariwo Of Africa Cd by Fady: 10:21pm On Feb 08, 2006
Hello good people.

Does anyone know where I can find the "Yawa Go Gas" CD? I have been up and down the internet with no luck. I know it's quite a few years old, but there must be copies of it lurking somewhere!

Also - while I am here, what other recordings has he done? I gather that he has recorded songs with other artists?

Any help to locate any of his music will be hugely appreciated smiley
Re: Trying To Find Alariwo Of Africa Cd by Seun(m): 12:36am On Feb 22, 2006
Can you tell us more about this Alariwo of Africa and the Yawa go Gas Cd?
Re: Trying To Find Alariwo Of Africa Cd by Fady: 10:38pm On Feb 22, 2006
Hi

The artist records under the name of Alariwo of Africa (i.e. "Noisemaker" of Africa for those who don't know smiley) though I understand his real name is either Martin Etumudon or Rotimi Martins*. His first album "Yawa Go Gas" (which again translates to something like, things are going to get out of hand - i.e a threat) was released in 1998.

I have a compilation CD entitleThe Original Afrobeat - The Sound of 90's Nigeria. This includes the title Yawa Go Gas track. Acording to the information on this the track was composed by Martin Etumudon (*on another web link that I found about the artist he is named as Rotimi Martins), and published by Eko Star Music. From what I gather this sold in huge quantities and was considered something of an anthem. I'm quite suprised that I cannot actually find copies anywhere. I do collect music, but my first love is reggae, so although I am a big afrobeat fan and have an extensive Fela collection, based in the UK, it is quite easy to have things pass you by.

Here is a link with further details about the artist:

http://www.thisdayonline.com/archive/2004/09/04/20040904sac01.html
Re: Trying To Find Alariwo Of Africa Cd by Fady: 2:15pm On Mar 02, 2006
http://www.afromix.org/html/musique/artistes/alariwo/index.en.html

And here is a link to the picture on the front of the CD (which is obviously not available at Amazon sad)

(1) (Reply)

Is Derenle Of Soundcity Gay? / Album Review: Alaga Ibile - Reminisce / 10 Best Latest Nigerian Music in February 2020 | "Opo" tops Chart

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.