Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,744 members, 7,824,144 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:32 AM

What Do You Think Is The Most Famous Name In Your Tribe. - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Do You Think Is The Most Famous Name In Your Tribe. (16410 Views)

The Famous Mkpokiti Dance In Anambra (Photos) / Igbos Of Bioko, Equatorial Guinea - A Forgotten Minority Tribe / Beauty And The Neck! Meet The ‘giraffe’ Women Of Padaung Tribe In Burma (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Think Is The Most Famous Name In Your Tribe. by donbenie(m): 7:29pm On May 05, 2021
StrongInBed:
Rubbish, those saying they are Igbos above are lying.

Where is Ifeanyi, Obi and Dede.
Which one be Dede?
Re: What Do You Think Is The Most Famous Name In Your Tribe. by donbenie(m): 7:34pm On May 05, 2021
SmartPolician:

The emboldened is FALSE.

There is Chi in many Igbo names but not most Igbo names
MOST Igbo names have a Pre or sufix Chi or Chukwu..

A huge majority.. shocked

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Is The Most Famous Name In Your Tribe. by mohdrimi: 7:42pm On May 05, 2021
Muhammad.
Re: What Do You Think Is The Most Famous Name In Your Tribe. by Lungs: 8:13pm On May 05, 2021
athaboi:
Chioma no popular pass ONYINYE
Emeka no popular pass Uche
U said man �
Re: What Do You Think Is The Most Famous Name In Your Tribe. by Nobody: 8:16pm On May 05, 2021
UyaiIncomparabl:

Akwa-Ibom.

Nope. It's very available. smiley

@bolded

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Is The Most Famous Name In Your Tribe. by maidaboi(m): 8:50pm On May 05, 2021
Nomshu Weyham Tirham Weynom Tirnom Sim
who can guess my tribe
Re: What Do You Think Is The Most Famous Name In Your Tribe. by Hoodyrich(m): 9:07pm On May 05, 2021
Bla bla bla

That would be me cool
Re: What Do You Think Is The Most Famous Name In Your Tribe. by cho25bc(f): 9:11pm On May 05, 2021
GBOLAGBURUGBURU:
What do you think is the most famous masculine and feminine name in your ethnic group. Or other ethnic group if you may.

Well I'm Igbo so I think
Emeka for males
Chioma or Chidinma for female.

Then if I am permitted for Yorubas I think Femi and Funke.

Whilst Hausa I am guessing Musa.

Adekunle, adewale, femi and segun for males, Sade, Nike, Lola and kemi, toyin and bola for females
Re: What Do You Think Is The Most Famous Name In Your Tribe. by cho25bc(f): 9:42pm On May 05, 2021
wallrichy:
Wale
Dele
Ade
Femi
Kola
But ade is a prefix
Re: What Do You Think Is The Most Famous Name In Your Tribe. by Nobody: 10:43pm On May 05, 2021
Ikwerre people.......Oroma and Sarima for girls
Ovunda and Bekwele and wali for boys.
Re: What Do You Think Is The Most Famous Name In Your Tribe. by Cindy222(f): 10:56pm On May 05, 2021
Jackmj:

What of oche
Almost all the idoma guys I know are oche

That's true sha...��
Re: What Do You Think Is The Most Famous Name In Your Tribe. by Cindy222(f): 10:59pm On May 05, 2021
JoeArmsD1:
Ene means Antelope in Igbo
Mother = Nne (I guess there's a bit relationship between Idoma and Igbo; their language and culture is unnoticeably similar.

Ehn....Antelope ke...Very funny oo��
Yes 'Ene' and 'Nne' sound alike kinda...

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Think Is The Most Famous Name In Your Tribe. by Wisdomkings: 11:21pm On May 05, 2021
GBOLAGBURUGBURU:
What do you think is the most famous masculine and feminine name in your ethnic group. Or other ethnic group if you may.

Well I'm Igbo so I think
Emeka for males

isoko-iruo and it is generally use for make and female
Re: What Do You Think Is The Most Famous Name In Your Tribe. by realtalk19: 6:17am On May 06, 2021
GBOLAGBURUGBURU:

Well I'm Igbo so I think
Emeka for males

Ada or chi..... for female

Chukwu.... For male
Re: What Do You Think Is The Most Famous Name In Your Tribe. by America001: 7:54am On May 06, 2021
Wolfeye:

Naaa Emeka is by farrr the most common Igbo name.
Followed by Ebuka then maybe Ifeanyi. Obi is not as common. Dede is more like a hailing name used mostly in imo/Abia state. Nobody else uses Dede outside those places.
You're grounded. Spot on!!!
Re: What Do You Think Is The Most Famous Name In Your Tribe. by Nobody: 8:51pm On May 06, 2021
Emperormartin:
In the northern part of Abia state leave Kalu, kamalu, kalunta and kanu for them.
These people don't joke with their ancient names
That's true o. This girl in our class is Kalu from Abia

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Is The Most Famous Name In Your Tribe. by Ndipe(m): 10:17pm On May 06, 2021
I thought Emeka and Ngozi are the two most popular male and female names in Igboland.
Re: What Do You Think Is The Most Famous Name In Your Tribe. by oblaak(m): 10:48pm On May 06, 2021
Obinna??
Re: What Do You Think Is The Most Famous Name In Your Tribe. by DanZubair(m): 11:41am On May 07, 2021
GBOLAGBURUGBURU:

Well I'm Igbo so I think
Emeka for males

Muhammadu followed by Musa

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Oluwo Of Iwo Land Is Dead! / ILE IFE ' Olojo Festival 2017' - Pictures / What Language Is Nigeria's Lingua-Franca?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.