Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,922 members, 7,821,230 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:07 AM

Advise Needed: How Durable And Reliable Is Honda Ridgeline? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Advise Needed: How Durable And Reliable Is Honda Ridgeline? (2389 Views)

How Costly Is Honda Civic To Maintain / How Durable Is Volkwageen Passat / Is Honda Odyssey A Good Car? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advise Needed: How Durable And Reliable Is Honda Ridgeline? by Zenithpeak(m): 1:27pm On May 04, 2021
Urgent!...

My friend is about to pay for 2009 Honda Ridgeline for site work and comfort...

Do you have any experience or any useful information about reliability and maintenance of this pick-up truck.

Kindly help a brother.
Re: Advise Needed: How Durable And Reliable Is Honda Ridgeline? by TPound(m): 2:08pm On May 04, 2021
Zenithpeak:
Urgent!...

Do you have any experience or any useful information about reliability and maintenance of this pick-up truck.

Kindly help a brother.

In my own opinion...
I prefer frontier to the Ridgeline

2 Likes

Re: Advise Needed: How Durable And Reliable Is Honda Ridgeline? by Zenithpeak(m): 2:23pm On May 04, 2021
TPound:

In my own opinion...
I prefer frontier to the Ridgeline

Thanks for your response sir, is there any know issue(s) with the brand?

Please if you have any experience with this truck or someone close to you...
Re: Advise Needed: How Durable And Reliable Is Honda Ridgeline? by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 4:35pm On May 04, 2021
Rugged ride, he won't regret. Better if he's buying direct toks.

PS, ask him to run a vin check if it's imported and most importantly conduct a pre purchase inspection with a reputable mechanic to avoid stories that touch. If in Lagos, contact gazzuzz

2 Likes

Re: Advise Needed: How Durable And Reliable Is Honda Ridgeline? by Zenithpeak(m): 4:51pm On May 04, 2021
MASTAkiLLAh:

PS, ask him to run a vin check if it's imported and most importantly conduct a pre purchase inspection with a reputable mechanic to avoid stories that touch. If in Lagos, contact gazzuzz

I really appreciate your contribution sir... I think he may go ahead with the transaction. Thanks a million.

3 Likes

Re: Advise Needed: How Durable And Reliable Is Honda Ridgeline? by computerglobal(m): 5:00pm On May 04, 2021
Zenithpeak:
Urgent!...

Kindly help a brother.

Re: Advise Needed: How Durable And Reliable Is Honda Ridgeline? by PAQ(m): 6:14pm On May 05, 2021
I owned a 2006 Frontier for 6 months. It was one of my hardest 6 months with a car!

Honda Ridgeline is a better looking car, both inside and outside, but the Frontier is a more practical pick up truck. All the people i know with Ridgelines have no serious complaints, but the people i know with Frontiers sold them off due to one issue or the other. The DSS discontinued the purchase of new Frontiers even the Nigeria Police Force & Customs no gree buy them again after their first batch!

6 Likes

Re: Advise Needed: How Durable And Reliable Is Honda Ridgeline? by cruzhill: 11:25pm On Jun 01, 2021
Okay I have a question about this ridgeline too, any one with an idea of this ride's fuel economy? I do need this to make a decision to buy this ride or not.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Advise Needed: How Durable And Reliable Is Honda Ridgeline? by DMechyy: 3:25am On Jun 02, 2021
Zenithpeak:
Urgent!...

Kindly help a brother.

The ridgeline is great
cruzhill:

Okay I have a question about this ridgeline too, any one with an idea of this ride's fuel economy? I do need this to make a decision to buy this ride or not.

Thanks in advance.

This fuel question ehn. There is very little mpg difference between car brands. Almost negligible sef. And of course, you dont expect a V6 to have same gas mileage with a l4, or V8.

My point is... All car brands, within same spec, have almost the same gas mileage.

Na unless you wan buy bajaj bike

6 Likes

Re: Advise Needed: How Durable And Reliable Is Honda Ridgeline? by Zenithpeak(m): 8:00am On Jun 02, 2021
MASTAkiLLAh:

Update!!!

I want to say a big thank you to everyone who had contributed to this thread one way or the other. Your contributions really played a key role at the point of purchase.

We finally made the purchase exactly two weeks today... I feel like sharing my experience and observations about brand.

It is a Canada used containerized tokunbo... 2007 and not 2009 as earlier stated.
We bought new battery, tyres and alloy reams and left it with a vulcanizer to do his job
and latter took it for wheel balancing and allignment.

I went down into the ram to really check the undercarriage only to discover that the undercarriage has gone bad... Our mechanic that ran check for us was also there to see things himself... Long story short, it was a redeemable rust and not completely gone.

Problem 2.
After dodging the undercarriage bullet few days after the purchase, we headed towards gas station and fill up the tank. (It costs us #15,500 to fill the tank from 0 to full thank @#162/ litre) then, we started hearing noise from under the truck... We later discovered that, the tank guide had also gone bad and the weight of the tank has pushed the tank guide towards the propeller.... The problem was also fixed. Everything under first week of purchase.

After all the teething problems solved, the truck has been performing excellently well on the road. No single electronic problem. A/c working perfectly. Fuel economy is great. Comfortably and style. Break system (4WD) excellent, headlamp is great at night with power mirrors. Millage at purchase is 110,000.

Overall assessment....
I conclude Honda Ridgeline is a good buy and worth all the money spent but try and be smarter than myself and my colleagues by checking the undercarriage system very well before payment.

Thanks.

7 Likes

Re: Advise Needed: How Durable And Reliable Is Honda Ridgeline? by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:28am On Jun 02, 2021
First thing to check when you see Canada is rust.

Sorry to say, you just started.

2 Likes

Re: Advise Needed: How Durable And Reliable Is Honda Ridgeline? by RZArecta(m): 8:33am On Jun 02, 2021
Zenithpeak:

Update!!!

I want to say a big thank you to everyone who had contributed to this thread one way or the other. Your contributions really played a key role at the point of purchase.

We finally made the purchase exactly two weeks today... I feel like sharing my experience and observations about brand.

It is a Canada used containerized tokunbo... 2007 and not 2009 as earlier stated.
We bought new battery, tyres and alloy reams and left it with a vulcanizer to do his job

I went down into the ram to really check the undercarriage only to discover that the undercarriage has gone bad... Our mechanic that ran check for us was also there to see things himself... Long story short, it was a redeemable rust and not completely gone.

Problem 2.
After dodging the undercarriage bullet few days after the purchase, we headed towards gas station and fill up the tank. (It costs us #15,500 to fill the tank from 0 to full thank @#162/ litre) then, we started hearing noise from under the truck... We later discovered that, the tank guide had also gone bad and the weight of the tank has pushed the tank guide towards the propeller.... The problem was also fixed. Everything under first week of purchase.

After all the teething problems solved, the truck has been performing excellently well on the road. No single electronic problem. A/c working perfectly. Fuel economy is great. Comfortably and style. Break system (4WD) excellent, headlamp is great at night with power mirrors. Millage at purchase is 110,000.

Overall assessment....
I conclude Honda Ridgeline is a good buy and worth all the money spent but try and be smarter than myself and my colleagues by checking the undercarriage system very well before payment.

Thanks.

grin that account is under suspension grin
You made a great choice but I beg you to follow that your final advice diligently when making your next purchase

2 Likes

Re: Advise Needed: How Durable And Reliable Is Honda Ridgeline? by Zenithpeak(m): 9:03am On Jun 02, 2021
GAZZUZZ:
First thing to check when you see Canada is rust.

Sorry to say, you just started.

Once beaten twice shy.
I have been involved in helping people around me to either offer purchase advise or even made purchase on their behalf. I also bought mine without issues at any time but this is my first encounter with Canada used vehicle.

Don't be surprised if you see or hear about someone going around with wheel spanner to check for undercarriage issues grin

2 Likes

Re: Advise Needed: How Durable And Reliable Is Honda Ridgeline? by DelTel(m): 1:32pm On Jun 02, 2021
Zenithpeak:

Update!!!

Thanks.

Beginning of the end.

Nothing like redeemible rust.

Regards.
Re: Advise Needed: How Durable And Reliable Is Honda Ridgeline? by Angrygoat: 1:40pm On Jun 02, 2021
The moment u heard canada, you should have ran away. Now it will be mechanic after mechanic. Trust me

1 Like

Re: Advise Needed: How Durable And Reliable Is Honda Ridgeline? by nymphomaniac(m): 8:40pm On Jun 02, 2021
DelTel:

Beginning of the end.

Nothing like redeemible rust.

Regards.
u guys should have mercy on the guy na. He has learnt the hard way. Reminding him will only just make him unnecessarily hypertensive. Who knows, the car may still have hundreds of thousands of mileage in it before it packs up due to engine problem and not rust

1 Like

Re: Advise Needed: How Durable And Reliable Is Honda Ridgeline? by DelTel(m): 10:44pm On Jun 02, 2021
nymphomaniac:
u guys should have mercy on the guy na. He has learnt the hard way. Reminding him will only just make him unnecessarily hypertensive. Who knows, the car may still have hundreds of thousands of mileage in it before it packs up due to engine problem and not rust

Okay and Amen.

Angrygoat:
The moment u heard canada, you should have ran away. Now it will be mechanic after mechanic. Trust me

I can still consider a 2 years old Canadian vehicle but definitely not over 5 years not to talk of over 15 years old vehicle and a vehicle prone to rust normally; vehicles like 4runner, Tacoma, Ridgeline to a high degree can be argued to be prone to rust.

1 Like

Re: Advise Needed: How Durable And Reliable Is Honda Ridgeline? by cruzhill: 10:49pm On Jun 02, 2021
Zenithpeak:

Update!!!

Problem 2.

Overall assessment....

Thanks.

We all learn every day bro. Thanks for the Tip. But may I ask how much did it cost to get this. Got an info it's between 3.5 to 4.5millie.

You just cleared my doubt on the fuel consumption. This was my greatest fear from inception even my bro was advising me to get Frontier but from feedbacks Frontier is a no go.

I actually intend using the ridgeline for farming.

1 Like

Re: Advise Needed: How Durable And Reliable Is Honda Ridgeline? by kingreign(m): 6:35am On Jun 03, 2021
PAQ:
I owned a 2006 Frontier for 6 months. It was one of my hardest 6 months with a car!

Honda Ridgeline is a better looking car, both inside and outside, but the Frontier is a more practical pick up truck. All the people i know with Ridgelines have no serious complaints, but the people i know with Frontiers sold them off due to one issue or the other. The DSS discontinued the purchase of new Frontiers even the Nigeria Police Force & Customs no gree buy them again after their first batch!

On the contrary, a 2002 Nissan Frontier 3.3L V6 with 4X4 is long bed dual cabin has proven to be the most reliable truck in my uncle's farm in Nassarawa state. It's 6years and still going strong. Very stable on high way and it's used to tow some heavy items such and also convey loads in its bucket.

The 2006 Tundra is Not as rugged as the Frontier. It's transmission and rear axle got damaged when we attempted to tow steel H beams and we had to get a replacement.

1 Like

Re: Advise Needed: How Durable And Reliable Is Honda Ridgeline? by Zenithpeak(m): 6:47am On Jun 03, 2021
cruzhill:

We all learn every day bro. Thanks for the Tip. But may I ask how much did it cost to get this. Got an info it's between 3.5 to 4.5millie.

You just cleared my doubt on the fuel consumption. This was my greatest fear from inception even my bro was advising me to get Frontier but from feedbacks Frontier is a no go.

I actually intend using the ridgeline for farming.

#3m for 2007 make..... Ibadan
Re: Advise Needed: How Durable And Reliable Is Honda Ridgeline? by cruzhill: 3:07pm On Jun 03, 2021
Zenithpeak:

#3m for 2007 make..... Ibadan

Thanks. A lot

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Clean Toyota Sienna 2007 / Nigerian Girls And FRONT SEATS / TOYOTA Rav4 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.