Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,746 members, 7,809,843 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:55 PM

Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? (34123 Views)

Which Network Is The Most Cost-effective For Data In Nigeria? / Cost Of Data In Nigeria Is Very High. Not Cheap / Cost Of 1Gb Of Data In Every Country (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by SweetCunt97(f): 7:55am On May 05, 2021
Ekeeyhandsome:
I use unlimited data for R799 SA a month, that's about 20k in naira
Come and adopt me wayooooo
Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by ghosh97(f): 7:55am On May 05, 2021
Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by SweetCunt97(f): 7:56am On May 05, 2021
bfire:
In GTA (greater Toronto area), $45 tax included per month: unlimited call, text to any county and 10gb every month.

Mobile phone
come and adopt me Edakun eep
Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by Observer007(m): 7:56am On May 05, 2021
WoundedLamb:
In Québec and Toronto, I pay $49.95/mo for unlimited home internet plan (comes with tv). My prepaid subscription for mobile comes with 1G which I don't get to use these days cause I'm either at home, at work, at a friend's place or somewhere where there's WiFi for public consumption like restaurants, train stations, salons, etc.

I don't really think you'd get a good understanding of internet cost by just looking at the purchasing prices in different countries cause economy also matters. Money is what money can buy and figures alone don't say much. For example, you'd need to know what people earn as income in these countries, the cost of other things in the country, etc. before you can say if something is really expensive or not.

In other words, purchasing power parity (PPP).

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by Nobody: 7:56am On May 05, 2021
Data is expensive in Nigeria because the cost of infrastructure is high. In North America you can get data for free sef in some places, e.g. Starbucks. And they won't tell you to please buy something first before they give you password.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by HitlerGaddafi: 7:57am On May 05, 2021
Here in Ghazni , Afghanistan, it's 30 AFN for 25 gig. Two weeks.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by UNKNOWNGUNMEN: 7:57am On May 05, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
Note: there is nothing like unlimited internet all over the world, unlimited internet is just a marketing word

Every "unlimited internet" has a threshold.

100gb in ogodo Nigeria is 42 dollar.
Unlimited is 52 dollars per month
Another type of unlimited is 125 dollars per month
lies bro. i have been to many countries and when they say unlimited it means unlimited. they dont give u a data amount like naija does and say unlimited. it is only in naija that they give u `100gb and say its unlimitd. these are the things u guys should riot for

7 Likes

Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by sgtponzihater1(m): 7:58am On May 05, 2021
Jesuschristus:
Nigerians will be surprised we still av some of the cheapest data in d world

Not true
Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by SweetCunt97(f): 7:58am On May 05, 2021
fabianiyobosa:
I live in Poland. My home internet comes with my rent with a speed of 250Mbps unlimited. My mobile data works whenever I recharge my phone. I don't have a need to buy data.
You enjoying the country?
Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by CAPTAINBLACK01(m): 7:58am On May 05, 2021
[quote][/quote]
Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by exsodus: 7:58am On May 05, 2021
£28 monthly unlimited data for sky broadband here in UK
Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by UNKNOWNGUNMEN: 7:59am On May 05, 2021
PrisonEscapee:
Data is super cheap in Nigeria. Definitely one of the cheapest in the world.
olodo
Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by babatee90(m): 7:59am On May 05, 2021
I’m paying £20( 12 thousand naira) monthly unlimited data in the UK

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by Nobody: 8:01am On May 05, 2021
sunshineV:
here in lagos, it's 1500 for 1GB per 3days
why not try 300 for 1.5 gb for a week??

the code is *121*4#
Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by Nobody: 8:01am On May 05, 2021
UNKNOWNGUNMEN:
lies bro. i have been to many countries and when they say unlimited it means unlimited. they dont give u a data amount like naija does and say unlimited. it is only in naija that they give u `100gb and say its unlimitd. these are the things u guys should riot for

Unlimited does not mean unlimited, unlimited does not exist because of network overload.

Every unlimited has a threshold, once you pass it, the speed reduces.

The threshold could be 1tb, 500gb, 100gb.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by golddust6000(m): 8:01am On May 05, 2021
Germany 45eur, that’s is 35,000 naira
Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by Abuleoshi: 8:02am On May 05, 2021
Jesuschristus:
Nigerians will be surprised we still av some of the cheapest data in d world
When you say it, some people want to eat you. Shebi it is clear now���
Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by fidet1(m): 8:04am On May 05, 2021
AED 420 (NGN 54,600) monthly for my house. No data cap
Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by sgtponzihater1(m): 8:04am On May 05, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Unlimited does not mean unlimited, unlimited does not exist because of network overload.

That's true only in Naija. Smile made me suffer those days with that gimmick. In advanced countries you pay unlimited data, and you never bother about reduction in speed. Naija as it is now is a scam

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by adecz: 8:06am On May 05, 2021
Roddwave:
Ehhm i live in
Shina
I pay 3 yen for 25GB for 60 days

Since when "Shina" begin use Yen? sad sad sad
Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by UNKNOWNGUNMEN: 8:06am On May 05, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

The threshold could be 1tb, 500gb, 100gb.

bro i am not here to argue with you. in japan where i am. u can use 1000tb if your power reach and no one will reduce your speed. stop using naija scamming networks to judge international networks

8 Likes

Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by Naughtysex: 8:07am On May 05, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Where?

In Nigeria, 1.5gb can be gotten for 300 naira for 7days. That is about 0.7 cents.

That stupid data that disappears like Buhari's brain

I subscribed to it and it just wiped out within two days of subscription without doing much

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by CAPTAINBLACK01(m): 8:07am On May 05, 2021
babatee90:
I’m paying £20( 12 thousand naira) monthly unlimited data in the UK
pls what provider are u using, I got a vodaphone pay as u go sim, the data is capped at £10 pound for 5gig.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by InterestedInHed(m): 8:08am On May 05, 2021
You get “unlimited internet” in a Benin, (Porto Novo)
For as low as Ten thousand naira (15,000 XOF)
With MTN or MOOV.
Whereas in Nigeria we have the same MTN and MOOV (9mobile) with no unlimited internet plan or rather ridiculous internet options, tarrif and plans.
☹️☹️☹️

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by emmflexcsc400(m): 8:08am On May 05, 2021
Kuwait.. 5kd (#7, 000) for 500gb and unlimited calls monthly.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by KingMicky3286: 8:09am On May 05, 2021
$2 dollars unlimited for 1 month. (Mobile)

$12 unlimited for unlimited laptops/mobile. 1month
Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by Reference(m): 8:09am On May 05, 2021
PrisonEscapee:
Data is super cheap in Nigeria. Definitely one of the cheapest in the world.

From all the responses so far, appears so. But I think the catch is quality and perhaps integrity.
Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by Nobody: 8:10am On May 05, 2021
sgtponzihater1:

That's true only in Naija. Smile made me suffer those days with that gimmick. In advanced countries you pay unlimited data, and you never bother about reduction in speed. Naija as it is now is a scam

Both in Nigeria and abroad there is no unlimited, this is how they do it, the company calculates the average data usage and then set the threshold, the thing is most people don't reach their threshold.

Sometimes threshold can be as high 2tb per month but you won't noticed it because you aren't a heavy user.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by Excessnation: 8:11am On May 05, 2021
And you believe him. You be ode oo. He was just joking. Data is actually cheaper in Nigeria than in China.
Olabode211:
imagine someone paying 3yen equivalent to #10 for 25G for 60days and you expect God to intervene...
you better find better country to go,no be only naija God created ooo.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by Lagoon0: 8:11am On May 05, 2021
Boomboost:
I was on Telegram in a Japanese channel and there were multiple video uploads of 1gb+ and I was not happy to be so data limited.

So, what's the cost of data in the country you currently reside in and have there been changes in prices, what complaints do you have concerning data and compare with Nigeria.
In u.k here MTN is really expensive , I'm gonna use Verizon soon . cry
Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by Suky01(m): 8:12am On May 05, 2021
£20 per month for 20G/B per month
Re: Nigerians Outside Nigeria, What's The Cost Of Data In Your Resident Country? by Excessnation: 8:13am On May 05, 2021
There are unlimited data plans. Just say you don’t know about it.
InterestedInHed:
You get “unlimited internet” in a Benin, (Porto Novo)
For as low as Ten thousand naira (15,000 XOF)
With MTN or MOOV.
Whereas in Nigeria we have the same MTN and MOOV (9mobile) with no unlimited internet plan or rather ridiculous internet options, tarrif and plans.
☹️☹️☹️

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Phone Section Chat Room / Welcome To Ikeja Computer Village, Kindly Share Your Experience / Why Do Touchscreens Respond Only To Fingers?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.