Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,043 members, 7,835,510 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:07 AM

Moderation - How A Man Should Live In This World. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Moderation - How A Man Should Live In This World. (371 Views)

10 Guy Code Every Man Should Never Break / 10 Rules Alpha Males Should Live By / 'No Man Should Engage Me With N20k Ring, Else I Will Use It To Stoned You'-lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Moderation - How A Man Should Live In This World. by Mikester: 12:50pm On May 05, 2021
Surely we all have dreams and aspirations and hope to live them someday, somewhere in time, but not everyone defines success the same way.

We have those who believe that having excessive money is true success and all their real need will ever be - awon #30/80/300/700... billion gang, there are also some who believe that having sex with a large number of women/men is an achievement, some also believe attaining a high position somewhere is true success.

Not disputing these beliefs but there is a level in life we have to maintain, - a level of convenience which can only be derived through moderate living, as unchecked continuous increment in status will bring us a feeling of sickness, emotional dissatisfaction and a strange feeling of vanity.

If a man has too many ladies around him or none,
If a man has an excessive amount of money or none,
If a man is too educated or a total illiterate,
If a man has too many friends or none,
If a man has too much power or none,

As time sets in and as he turns older, he will begin to feel wanting, displeased and frustrated as too much or less of anything is bad.

Many people have tried to grab everything to themselves but ended up emotionally disturbed and unhappy even after acquiring their targets.

All because life demands we do things in moderation, without a greedy eye or uncontrolled lust.

From all the works of men till today,

Which man has gained a city speak less of the whole world?
Who has ascended to heaven and descended?
Who has gathered the wind in his fists?
Who has bound the waters in a garment?
Who has established the ends of the earth?
Who has made himself immortal?
What is his name and where does he live?

Just as we thought - No one.

Personally, I wish for only two things

1. To be far away from vanity and lies people deceive themselves with and to live right to my own happiness.

2. To have neither poverty nor excessive wealth but to be granted what is convenient for me else I become full of myself and deny the things that are right or be poor and resort to a life of theft and take the right things in vain.

The actual truth is moderation in everything brings about convenience and happiness and this is the best feeling a man can have here on earth.

Don't kill yourself competing with others or trying to be like them. Do not be greedy of things nor be given to untamed lust. Happiness becomes more expensive when you are greedy and when you're too overfed.

Love and appreciate what you have while working for what you want and live moderately.

There is no award for being the man who slept with the most ladies nor the man who has the largest amount of resources everywhere. Relax. cool

Life is easy and sweet to only those who understand the principle of moderation and satisfaction.

Don't know if I am making a point here...

1 Like

Re: Moderation - How A Man Should Live In This World. by Nobody: 1:07pm On May 05, 2021
I agree with you to an extent. But in terms of financial wealth, moderation is not welcomed in as much as one strive to amass the wealth "legally". One also need to be wary of staying in a dangerous zone called the COMFORT ZONE, all in a bid to live life moderately.
Explore this world to the fullest and die empty.grin
Re: Moderation - How A Man Should Live In This World. by Mikester: 1:13pm On May 05, 2021
Ninejaywon:
I agree with you to an extent. But in terms of financial wealth, moderation is not welcomed in as much as one strive to amass the wealth "legally". One also need to be wary of staying in a dangerous zone called the COMFORT ZONE, all in a bid to live life moderately.
Explore this world to the fullest and die empty.grin

I see your point but there is a level of wealth that makes one forget himself, turn corrupt or be unhappy. Ever noticed that people smile less when they attain higher statuses, achievements or income?
Re: Moderation - How A Man Should Live In This World. by Mikester: 1:51pm On May 05, 2021
Lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

Love_ex Love= Psychology(coaching For Men)..men ONLY. / Shocking Rumors You've Heard About Yourself? / Advice Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.