Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,412 members, 7,815,924 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:05 PM

US Couple Celebrates 80th Wedding Anniversary - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / US Couple Celebrates 80th Wedding Anniversary (1018 Views)

Nigerian Couple Celebrates 20 Years Of Dating (Photo, Video) / She’s 105 He’s 106 The World’s Oldest Living Couple Celebrates 80 Years Of Union / Through Thick & Thin: Couple Celebrates Weigh Loss Together On Valentine’s Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

US Couple Celebrates 80th Wedding Anniversary by irririchris(m): 11:58pm On May 05, 2021
Uvie Evatt is 101 and her husband Leroy Evatt is 103

An Arkansas couple is celebrating their 80th wedding anniversary.

Uvie Evatt, 101, and her husband Leroy Evatt, 103, have been married for eight decades, but their relationship dates back longer than they remember.

"Oh I don't know, I wouldn't even guess, I forgot, I don't know, forever!" Uvie told KCAU-TV Sioux City with a laugh.

The couple – who grew up together in Vilonia – told the outlet their long-lasting relationship is the result of good communication and teamwork.

"I'm the head of the house, she's the neck, she controls the head," Leroy told KCAU-TV.

When a reporter asked Uvie if she was the "leader" in their relationship, she laughed as she remarked, "That's what he said," while she pointed to her husband.

The couple share a daughter, granddaughter, and a few grandchildren.

Source- https://people.com/human-interest/arkansas-couple-celebrates-80th-wedding-anniversary/?utm_campaign=peoplemagazine&utm_content=new&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_term=609320a6c73c08000194bc90

1 Like

Re: US Couple Celebrates 80th Wedding Anniversary by Nobody: 12:35am On May 06, 2021
Congratulations

1 Like

Re: US Couple Celebrates 80th Wedding Anniversary by luminouz(m): 12:44am On May 06, 2021
Lol..is this a dig at Gates and his wife issue?
Re: US Couple Celebrates 80th Wedding Anniversary by Liverpoolman(m): 12:45am On May 06, 2021
Whatta guan man!

Beautiful

What God has joined together let no man put asunder...in other words, waitin God don super glue make no slay queen put bodi.
Re: US Couple Celebrates 80th Wedding Anniversary by JeffreyJunior: 2:44am On May 06, 2021
Dang, they deserve a standing ovation.

1 Like

Re: US Couple Celebrates 80th Wedding Anniversary by baralatie(m): 3:59am On May 06, 2021
JeffreyJunior:
Re: US Couple Celebrates 80th Wedding Anniversary by MufasaLion: 5:21am On May 06, 2021
80 years?.
Re: US Couple Celebrates 80th Wedding Anniversary by obonujoker(m): 6:05am On May 06, 2021
Wow... Such beauty
Re: US Couple Celebrates 80th Wedding Anniversary by GeneralPula: 6:06am On May 06, 2021
"I'm the head of the house, she's the neck, she controls the head," Leroy told KCAU-TV.

When a reporter asked Uvie if she was the "leader" in their relationship, she laughed as she remarked, "That's what he said," while she pointed to her husband.

If you understand the humor here, you’ll understand how they made it to 80 years..

You won’t see such women in feminist kingdom..

1 Like

Re: US Couple Celebrates 80th Wedding Anniversary by princefrank76: 6:07am On May 06, 2021
When some people could not even live up to 80 years on earth. Congrats to the couples. It is not easy.

1 Like

Re: US Couple Celebrates 80th Wedding Anniversary by yohofe1051: 6:08am On May 06, 2021
JeffreyJunior:
Re: US Couple Celebrates 80th Wedding Anniversary by sayore1561: 6:12am On May 06, 2021
Liverpoolman:
Whatta guan man!

Beautiful

What God has joined together let no man put asunder...in other words, waitin God don super glue make no slay queen put bodi.
Re: US Couple Celebrates 80th Wedding Anniversary by zealousayo(m): 7:45am On May 06, 2021
Very good.
Re: US Couple Celebrates 80th Wedding Anniversary by Lalami3232(m): 8:12am On May 06, 2021
To show you the level of bitterness on this forum, just watch as some pipo go still insult/bash this couple ooo grin. Even devil dey learn for were the bitterness of nairalanders dey grin grin. Nothing u go post wey dem no go badmouth you. Even if u marry today, dem must see 101 reasons to lash you with mouth. I enjoy this forum whenever I wan learn how to be wicked and bitter grin
Re: US Couple Celebrates 80th Wedding Anniversary by debbydams(f): 9:09am On May 06, 2021
Wow

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Drama As Two Ladies Fight Dirty Over A Man - They Nearly Killed Each Other / Do We Still Have Good Marriages In Nigeria? / If A Girl Truely Loves You, Would She Keep Asking For Money Every Time?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.