Stats: 3,194,214 members, 7,953,793 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 06:29 AM

I Need Your Help: My Employer Is Owing Me And He Doesn't Want To Pay Me. - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Need Your Help: My Employer Is Owing Me And He Doesn't Want To Pay Me. (14355 Views)

My Abusive Boss Broke My Head And Doesn't Want To Pay Me / How Do I Report My Employer For Breach of agreement / How Do I Prove To My Employer That I Am A Graduate? (2) (3) (4)

Re: I Need Your Help: My Employer Is Owing Me And He Doesn't Want To Pay Me. by candygist: 1:04pm On May 06, 2021
Iyiataata92:
Sorry dear, but there's nothing much you can do if you don't have money for police case. Besides, money spent on the case might be greater than the amount being owed.

I'll say you leave him and move on to another job. Sh!ts like this do happen
The world is not a fair place

She can take the matter to NHRC. Don't tell her to divert her cash.
Re: I Need Your Help: My Employer Is Owing Me And He Doesn't Want To Pay Me. by Nobody: 1:07pm On May 06, 2021
If police arrest you and you explain yourself you fit get human right lawyer wey go help you sue your Oga and him go pay you.
Re: I Need Your Help: My Employer Is Owing Me And He Doesn't Want To Pay Me. by Cousin9999: 1:19pm On May 06, 2021
Put him on blast on social media. Let people know he's a scammer, crook, and all-around scumbag. Then move on.

Re: I Need Your Help: My Employer Is Owing Me And He Doesn't Want To Pay Me. by LadyAlison(f): 1:26pm On May 06, 2021
I'm going through the same shit now, my boss doesn't wanna pay me April salary, no explanation, nothing
Re: I Need Your Help: My Employer Is Owing Me And He Doesn't Want To Pay Me. by Nobody: 1:26pm On May 06, 2021
You re the one encouraging him to owe you, leave him, you don't have any obligation to him.

Where do you get money to go to work after 4 months of not being paid, leave before he accuses you of stealing his money.
Re: I Need Your Help: My Employer Is Owing Me And He Doesn't Want To Pay Me. by Ephemmm: 2:30pm On May 06, 2021
Babafash:
The only way to get your unpaid salaries is to involve the police or else kiss your unpaid salaries goodbye

NPF are not empowered to handle employment matters. If the guy has a dude cheaque issued in the past, he can nail the employer through police.
Re: I Need Your Help: My Employer Is Owing Me And He Doesn't Want To Pay Me. by SirBunky85(m): 2:42pm On May 06, 2021
4teenblaq:
Good day to you all.

Last year, I started working for this man in his bet store..

I worked for four months.. during the 2nd month he paid me my first salary.. after that we went on to the 3rd month, I asked for my second salary, he started giving me excuses on how his shop rent is due and needed to pay it first, that I should wait and give him some time he would pay. I said okay.

Fourth month reached, nothing was happening, at the end of the fourth month. I stopped work, I ask him to pay me the rest salary before I continue..

This man keep posting me till now.

He just handed the shop to his brother to start managing, I met his brother, his brother told me he would pay me.. later I called the brother, the brother was like "I talked to my brother, he said he will be the one to pay you"

I feel he is trying hard not to pay me.

I called the oga, he keep busying my call until he blocked it..
I wanted to use the police but no money for police matter..

The manager has be threatening to arrest me if I try to take anything from the shop..

Please I need you help, how can I have the money back?
most of us are generally wicked. Just imagine how your employer withheld your salary and later,they start calling politicians,wicked
Re: I Need Your Help: My Employer Is Owing Me And He Doesn't Want To Pay Me. by SirBunky85(m): 2:45pm On May 06, 2021
Sebastine1994:
when I worked as a bar man.

I paid myself before oga pays me. I wear designer when oga wears durable plain clothes.

if company owes me one naira. I create shortage of one naira.

at the end of the month I tell them to take it from my salary.

create shortage and never laugh with your employer. only laugh when necessary.

Work hard to justify the money u dey tif. Hussle customers too .

be smart, never get caught.
well said, he should've taken some money from his daily sales and say that someone is owing him.he'll keep running short payment until the employer sacks him
Re: I Need Your Help: My Employer Is Owing Me And He Doesn't Want To Pay Me. by Havesomesense(m): 3:44pm On May 06, 2021
4teenblaq:
Good day to you all.

I worked for four months.. during the 2nd month he paid me my first salary.. after that we went on to the 3rd month, I asked for my second salary, he started giving me excuses on how his shop rent is due and needed to pay it first, that I should wait and give him some time he would pay. I said okay.

Fourth month reached, nothing was happening, at the end of the fourth month. I stopped work, I ask him to pay me the rest salary before I continue..

He just handed the shop to his brother to start managing, I met his brother, his brother told me he would pay me.. later I called the brother, the brother was like "I talked to my brother, he said he will be the one to pay you"

The manager has be threatening to arrest me if I try to take anything from the shop..

Involve a lawyer
Re: I Need Your Help: My Employer Is Owing Me And He Doesn't Want To Pay Me. by zedegit: 4:19pm On May 06, 2021
4teenblaq:

He pays you 4k as monthly salary?!
Re: I Need Your Help: My Employer Is Owing Me And He Doesn't Want To Pay Me. by MarketDispatch: 4:25pm On May 06, 2021
JohnNgene:
I'm in a similar situation at the moment. I'm being owed March and April salaries as I type this.

It's a security guard job of N25,000 (twenty five thousand naira) monthly.

I've decided to quit the job till I'm paid. So sad.

This below is what baffles me and i still don't get it.

Federal Government and State Governments usually owe staff Salaries of 11 months etc etc, but you will never see the Government employees resign.
Re: I Need Your Help: My Employer Is Owing Me And He Doesn't Want To Pay Me. by micomails(m): 4:33pm On May 06, 2021
4teenblaq:
Good day to you all.

Die the idea of taking something from his shop as it will quickly turn the tables against you.

Him refusing to pay is criminal but you have to handle it thr legal way.
I understand you fear that the policw may requiew ligistics from you before coming to your aid, but you can work around this easily. First approach a police station. Let us start from there
Re: I Need Your Help: My Employer Is Owing Me And He Doesn't Want To Pay Me. by BlesE: 5:11pm On May 06, 2021
Jarman411:
Kill him. This is Nigeria.
wicked advice kill someone because money no matter how much.
Re: I Need Your Help: My Employer Is Owing Me And He Doesn't Want To Pay Me. by Richthekid: 5:25pm On May 06, 2021
Beg them
Re: I Need Your Help: My Employer Is Owing Me And He Doesn't Want To Pay Me. by Enyman: 6:04pm On May 06, 2021
Hi...I live in Abuja and I am in this exact spot right now.Worked March 1st to 31st,he blatantly refused to pay and boast i should do my worse.
His supermarket is SSIB,near Jabi garage,Jabi Abuja.What makes my case worse is I am a family man with a year old infant.The man simply does not care.I might not live in Lagos but please is there any lawyer you know here in Abuja who can help me pro bono or is there any step i can take.They say involving the police will make me spend money I simply don't have.Thanks
quote author=litigator post=101432704]

Do not do anything rash or resort to self-help like fighting them, destroying anything or seizing their property. If you do, they have the right to invite the police and you will just see yourself in more trouble than you bargained for.

Get a lawyer to help you write a demand notice to your employer. A demand notice from a lawyer will reset their brain and if the lawyer is magnanimous enough, he might help you throw in a petition to the Commissioner of Police.

If you are in Lagos, send a PM and we will add this under our pro-bono cases.

By God's grace, all will be well to his Glory and Honour.

Shalom

[/quote]
Re: I Need Your Help: My Employer Is Owing Me And He Doesn't Want To Pay Me. by 4teenblaq: 7:02pm On May 06, 2021
God bless you PhillyA.

I never expected such gesture..
I really appreciate.
God shall repay you with more money, good health and prosperities.
Re: I Need Your Help: My Employer Is Owing Me And He Doesn't Want To Pay Me. by Nobody: 7:42pm On May 06, 2021
Enyman:
Hi...I live in Abuja and I am in this exact spot right now.Worked March 1st to 31st,he blatantly refused to pay and boast i should do my worse.
His supermarket is SSIB,near Jabi garage,Jabi Abuja.What makes my case worse is I am a family man with a year old infant.The man simply does not care.I might not live in Lagos but please is there any lawyer you know here in Abuja who can help me pro bono or is there any step i can take.They say involving the police will make me spend money I simply don't have.Thanks
quote author=litigator post=101432704]

Do not do anything rash or resort to self-help like fighting them, destroying anything or seizing their property. If you do, they have the right to invite the police and you will just see yourself in more trouble than you bargained for.

Get a lawyer to help you write a demand notice to your employer. A demand notice from a lawyer will reset their brain and if the lawyer is magnanimous enough, he might help you throw in a petition to the Commissioner of Police.

If you are in Lagos, send a PM and we will add this under our pro-bono cases.

By God's grace, all will be well to his Glory and Honour.

Shalom

Send a PM
Re: I Need Your Help: My Employer Is Owing Me And He Doesn't Want To Pay Me. by Jarman411(m): 8:33pm On May 06, 2021
Last to comment in this post. Kill him, I repeat waste the bastard and be satisfied or forever carry that pain in your heart say you work, oga no pay you. Kill him and all who supports him. Bahari don open all our eyes.
Re: I Need Your Help: My Employer Is Owing Me And He Doesn't Want To Pay Me. by confirmedniggae: 10:04pm On May 06, 2021
Sebastine1994:
when I worked as a bar man.

I paid myself before oga pays me. I wear designer when oga wears durable plain clothes.

if company owes me one naira. I create shortage of one naira.

at the end of the month I tell them to take it from my salary.

create shortage and never laugh with your employer. only laugh when necessary.

Work hard to justify the money u dey tif. Hussle customers too .

be smart, never get caught.

A swear ..back then in 2007 as a bar man..this is the same way I rolled ..infact ,na me dey owe my oga that time ..before he owe me ,a don owe him..same trick I used till I spent a year with him and when e tire me ,I applied for HND to go back to school..

Back then in ojodu

Re: I Need Your Help: My Employer Is Owing Me And He Doesn't Want To Pay Me. by confirmedniggae: 10:14pm On May 06, 2021
LadyAlison:
I'm going through the same shit now, my boss doesn't wanna pay me April salary, no explanation, nothing

Ehyah ..sowie ..

How I wish I can help.You are too beautiful to be treated that way..I don't know your qualification or whatever but I don't know if you can work in a restaurant ..

Free lunch
Free accomodation .

U.S. Embassy Job Recruitment (4 Positions) / See List Of Shortlisted Candidates For 2018 Nigeria Police Recruitment / S&S Hotels And Suites Fresh Graduate Job Recruitment (13 Positions)