Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,717 members, 7,820,500 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:00 PM

TECNO Camon 17 Unboxing, First Impressions And Specifications + Price (photos) - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / TECNO Camon 17 Unboxing, First Impressions And Specifications + Price (photos) (29789 Views)

Nokia 5.3 Unboxing, First Impressions And Full Review + Price (photos) / Infinix Note 7 Unboxing, First Impressions And Full Review + Price (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TECNO Camon 17 Unboxing, First Impressions And Specifications + Price (photos) by PotatoSalad(m): 12:57pm On May 06, 2021
Daniel2802:
Tecno is just trash. Like who still releases a gadget without Type C in 2021??

Even speakers and other audio devices are being shipped with Type C.

Should we talk about measly 720p display? No na, they should fix up.

Plus how they lie about their specs. This phone is pure trash.
Speaker big sef. Type C powerbanks dey

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: TECNO Camon 17 Unboxing, First Impressions And Specifications + Price (photos) by goldsmithq: 12:58pm On May 06, 2021
I PREFER MAKE MY MONEY LOST THAN TO BUY TECNO OR INFINIX PHONE, THEY ARE NOT COMPARTIBLE PHONES. CHINA ITSELF DOESNT ALLOW THE USE OF THOSE PHONES IN THEIR COUNTRY. XAOMI ALL THE WAY UPPPPPPPPPP

3 Likes

Re: TECNO Camon 17 Unboxing, First Impressions And Specifications + Price (photos) by Penterprise: 1:05pm On May 06, 2021
I see this as a good replacement for m camon 15.

Nice one
Re: TECNO Camon 17 Unboxing, First Impressions And Specifications + Price (photos) by anenymasng(m): 1:17pm On May 06, 2021
Daniel2802:
They're still using micro usb b instead of Type C which is like the universal charger.

Oh sorry! I misread your post as "with" instead of "without". Crazy their supposed big phones still uses the normal android charger lol.

1 Like

Re: TECNO Camon 17 Unboxing, First Impressions And Specifications + Price (photos) by Freelancerx: 1:23pm On May 06, 2021
Yourfav:
How much
OP talk say na 74,000 naira
Re: TECNO Camon 17 Unboxing, First Impressions And Specifications + Price (photos) by MartinsD12(m): 1:24pm On May 06, 2021
henry007:
TECNO Camon 17 'Deepsea' Unboxing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVMZW-W5eio

The Camon 17 is probably going to be the most popular of the Camon 17 series, which I think, based on Camon 16 releases, will comprise of the TECNO Camon 17 Pro, Camon 17S and probably TECNO Camon 17P, in some select regions. It is a beautiful phone but suffers from the usual cons i.e 720P display and micro USB port. On the upside, it features18W fast charging and 90hz refresh rate, plus a rather competitive price of ₦74,000 for the 128GB/4GB variant.

Also, it does not have that old school dot notch that the Spark 7 series does, but rather a punch hole cut-out.

TECNO Camon 17 Specs

• 6.6" HD+ 90Hz IPS/LCD Display
• Plastic Back
• MediaTek Helio G85
• 48MP + 2MP+ QVGA Back Camera
• 8MP Front Camera
• 4 +128GB RAM/Storage
• 5000mAh Battery (18Watt Charging)
• Android 11
• 164.5 x 76.5 x 8.95mm & 198g

See screenshots from video below
for the price and specs it's a great buy.
Re: TECNO Camon 17 Unboxing, First Impressions And Specifications + Price (photos) by Freelancerx: 1:26pm On May 06, 2021
Sirpaul:
74k for 4gb ram.... nonsense.
How much would you pay for 4GB RAM?
Re: TECNO Camon 17 Unboxing, First Impressions And Specifications + Price (photos) by kingxsamz(m): 1:27pm On May 06, 2021
Re: TECNO Camon 17 Unboxing, First Impressions And Specifications + Price (photos) by kingxsamz(m): 1:30pm On May 06, 2021
Same crap, higher price. grin grin grin
Micro USB for that matter.
Scam.
Re: TECNO Camon 17 Unboxing, First Impressions And Specifications + Price (photos) by Freelancerx: 1:30pm On May 06, 2021
I like this phone but I need some changes on subsequent releases. Type C charge, 1080P screen resolution will be the icing on the cake for this superb looking phone
Re: TECNO Camon 17 Unboxing, First Impressions And Specifications + Price (photos) by EmperorTolson: 1:40pm On May 06, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Bunch of dogshitt phones that can't multi task

Imagine you put wechat, alipay, grindr, red, nord vpn, instagram, many cam, messenger, hangout, cyberghost, chrome, express vpn for this tecno
The tecno go crash
Why will it crash?
I don't understand.
Even phones of lesser spec will still function.
More so, why will you be using 3 VPN on a phone.
It's shows you're the type of people that keeps junks on phones. (They want all apps whether or not it's useful)
Re: TECNO Camon 17 Unboxing, First Impressions And Specifications + Price (photos) by Veezy4u(m): 1:41pm On May 06, 2021
OwoukoUrua:
What's the knife for
it's for you to pursue the person that convinced you to buy the phone

2 Likes

Re: TECNO Camon 17 Unboxing, First Impressions And Specifications + Price (photos) by MartinsD12(m): 1:43pm On May 06, 2021
Freelancerx:
No mind am for that price it's a great buy
Re: TECNO Camon 17 Unboxing, First Impressions And Specifications + Price (photos) by Freelancerx: 1:52pm On May 06, 2021
MartinsD12:

No mind am for that price it's a great buy
I think so too but I want to hear his reasons.
Re: TECNO Camon 17 Unboxing, First Impressions And Specifications + Price (photos) by Kheeng1: 2:10pm On May 06, 2021
Found This!!!

Register and start selling products on
https://splamax.com
Re: TECNO Camon 17 Unboxing, First Impressions And Specifications + Price (photos) by hoilakes(m): 2:39pm On May 06, 2021
which device are you using? cool do you know how convenient it is to have fingerprints at the BACK

for me I preferred to have it at the back... most side or screen fingerprints too are ok like that of phantom and co
OkpaNsukkaisBae:
I think the finger print at the back is kinda outdated
Re: TECNO Camon 17 Unboxing, First Impressions And Specifications + Price (photos) by Yyvonne: 2:52pm On May 06, 2021
OkpaNsukkaisBae:
I think the finger print at the back is kinda outdated
most ppl prefer it at the back though, I think they produce based on preference
Re: TECNO Camon 17 Unboxing, First Impressions And Specifications + Price (photos) by iseoluwanimi: 2:56pm On May 06, 2021
Lol is it only the RAM you get on the phone? the spark 7 they released recently is 60k so? grin grin

check complete specs and compare besides have dey launched the phone yet to know the official RRP?
Sirpaul:
74k for 4gb ram.... nonsense.
Re: TECNO Camon 17 Unboxing, First Impressions And Specifications + Price (photos) by Sirpaul(m): 3:06pm On May 06, 2021
45k max
Freelancerx:
Re: TECNO Camon 17 Unboxing, First Impressions And Specifications + Price (photos) by NightFood: 3:26pm On May 06, 2021
Fantastic, looking forward to the amazing things this phone got to offer
Re: TECNO Camon 17 Unboxing, First Impressions And Specifications + Price (photos) by NightFood: 3:27pm On May 06, 2021
Yourfav:
How much
about 74,000 as posted
Re: TECNO Camon 17 Unboxing, First Impressions And Specifications + Price (photos) by sunshineV(f): 3:36pm On May 06, 2021
Lucas4903:
I have this to sell. Once u make payment I will DHL the phone to you. As I currently reside in Canada. I just got tired of it. The phone is super fine.

Only DM if ur mind carry am oooo. Cos na scam dem go call this ooooo. Ejhooor ooooo.

Come to think of it. Even scammers will say "No be scam" o WA Ga bayi ooooo but like I said only contact if u really wanna do this. I am selling for #140k
pls i'm intrested. can u send d phone b4 payment?
Re: TECNO Camon 17 Unboxing, First Impressions And Specifications + Price (photos) by tafat: 3:46pm On May 06, 2021
Thecreatorx:
Won't buy this over priced shit, wouldn't buy a xiaomi either.
it's not overpriced for the specs it carries especially considering how things generally have become more expensive now.
Re: TECNO Camon 17 Unboxing, First Impressions And Specifications + Price (photos) by Classickj(m): 4:34pm On May 06, 2021
Lucas4903:
I have this to sell. Once u make payment I will DHL the phone to you. As I currently reside in Canada. I just got tired of it. The phone is super fine.

Only DM if ur mind carry am oooo. Cos na scam dem go call this ooooo. Ejhooor ooooo.

Come to think of it. Even scammers will say "No be scam" o WA Ga bayi ooooo but like I said only contact if u really wanna do this. I am selling for #140k
I will use that 140k to buy 2 new phone... Rubbish
Re: TECNO Camon 17 Unboxing, First Impressions And Specifications + Price (photos) by jizzison(m): 4:48pm On May 06, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Bunch of dogshitt phones that can't multi task

Imagine you put wechat, alipay, grindr, red, nord vpn, instagram, many cam, messenger, hangout, cyberghost, chrome, express vpn for this tecno
The tecno go crash
Lols!
Baba you've to calm down ooo.
How person go take money buy this kind of phone to multi-task between all these apps you mentioned?
Of course e go crash na.
It's a no-brainer.
To enter Nord VPN then switch to alipay to chrome & Instagram will stress the phone. Nord VPN will most likely disconnect before you know it while chrome will reload. I don't even need to talk about the rest.
Re: TECNO Camon 17 Unboxing, First Impressions And Specifications + Price (photos) by jizzison(m): 5:10pm On May 06, 2021
henry007:
TECNO Camon 17 'Deepsea' Unboxing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVMZW-W5eio

The Camon 17 is probably going to be the most popular of the Camon 17 series, which I think, based on Camon 16 releases, will comprise of the TECNO Camon 17 Pro, Camon 17S and probably TECNO Camon 17P, in some select regions. It is a beautiful phone but suffers from the usual cons i.e 720P display and micro USB port. On the upside, it features18W fast charging and 90hz refresh rate, plus a rather competitive price of ₦74,000 for the 128GB/4GB variant.

Also, it does not have that old school dot notch that the Spark 7 series does, but rather a punch hole cut-out.

TECNO Camon 17 Specs

• 6.6" HD+ 90Hz IPS/LCD Display
• Plastic Back
• MediaTek Helio G85
• 48MP + 2MP+ QVGA Back Camera
• 8MP Front Camera
• 4 +128GB RAM/Storage
• 5000mAh Battery (18Watt Charging)
• Android 11
• 164.5 x 76.5 x 8.95mm & 198g

See screenshots from video below
The only positives to take from this phone is the MTK Helio G85 chipset, the battery size, 18W fast charging, 90Hz refresh rate, ram & storage.
Every other thing on this phone is not impressive & not worth the 74K price tag.

This is 2021 & people are getting enlightened by the day, I've seen better at this price range to know that this is not a good phone to purchase.

No Screen Protection e.g Gorilla Glass 3 or 5.
Why not make use of side fingerprint scanners? Since rear fingerprint scanners are outdated.
No USB TYPE-C? Haaa!
Please of what use is that 3rd Camera called 'QVGA'?
A 720p display? The display is very poor. Why not use 1080p display? What's wrong with these guys?
Mehnn! If you still think this phone is worth the price tag, honestly, it's due to the fact that you spend too much time with Transsion phones.
Re: TECNO Camon 17 Unboxing, First Impressions And Specifications + Price (photos) by Richthekid: 5:13pm On May 06, 2021
Oh
Re: TECNO Camon 17 Unboxing, First Impressions And Specifications + Price (photos) by CanisMajor707: 5:20pm On May 06, 2021
Stop scamming Africans with these below par devices
Re: TECNO Camon 17 Unboxing, First Impressions And Specifications + Price (photos) by MartinsD12(m): 5:27pm On May 06, 2021
Freelancerx:
I think so too but I want to hear his reasons.
He has no reason to give, as long as it's camon 17 the price is great on that specs, phone is durable should comfortably be used for four years plus, they adopted the durable camon x polycarbonate body and the specs it's good for 74k
Re: TECNO Camon 17 Unboxing, First Impressions And Specifications + Price (photos) by GidiCars: 5:39pm On May 06, 2021
Why are phones getting bigger these days?

Anything bigger than 6.1" is a no no for me.
Re: TECNO Camon 17 Unboxing, First Impressions And Specifications + Price (photos) by GidiCars: 5:41pm On May 06, 2021
Eriokanmi:
Anyday, anytime, Samsung is a gooooooooal!
Experience the S21 Ultra and go crazy

Samsung is just another Android phone, nothing special. Just specs, that's all tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Did You Receive Airtime Bonus From MTN Today? / Android 5.0 Lollipop -- Who Has Used It? / Here Are Some Of The Best Android Shortcuts You’re Probably Not Using

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.