Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,115 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:28 PM

Why I Don't Preach Hell. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why I Don't Preach Hell. (1062 Views)

Is It Proper For A Woman To Dress This Way And Preach On God's Alter? (Photo) / "How Do You Preach To Someone Who Is Deeply Involved In Occultism And Sorcery?" / 3 Reasons Why I Don't Preach On Repentance ( "Turn From Sin" ) - Paul Ellis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Don't Preach Hell. by Propheticdavid: 2:15pm On May 06, 2021
Why I don't preach HELL.
To me preaching hell is like magnifying the works of the devil.
The meaning of gospel : is good news of jesus christ.
It shouldn't brew fear in anybody.
God is an embodiment of love, Infact I can literally say God is love.
I am heaven oriented, not HELL.
if you are Christian and you are fearful at the mention of HELL, I believe the foundation of your ( salvation) Christianity is faulty.
2 TIMOTHY 1:7: FOR GOD HATH NOT GIVEN US THE SPIRIT OF FEAR: BUT OF Power AND OF LOVE, AND OF SOUND MIND.
Fear of hell is for those that are not saved by jesus.
God love us so much, so we should reciprocate with love.
You can't go far with fear...
We should operate by love not fear.
Even worship is a love affair,you can't truly worship God without loving him.
Let me illustrate
If you fear your father, and you are a good son in his presence,  whether you will still be the good in his absent is not sure.
But if you love you father, in his presence or absence, even if he disciplines you, or deny you some stuffs. You will still be the good son that you are.
When I was in junior secondary school, my classmate preached to me but his preaching amount to nothing. Because it was filled with so much fear.he will talk about hell fire, Mark of the beast, illuminati, I got scared but that fear is gone after 3days, I'm back to my default mode. It was about  10 years later that I discovered God's love that I give my life to Christ completely and was filled with the Holy ghost. When you love God a healthy holy fear, will arise you,not fear of condemnation.
The essence of this writeup, is that we should love God. He love us so much, we should reciprocate with love.
When you love God you don't see  sacrificing somethings, leaving your sinful way as a hard thing to do. You will be doing it because it's a normal thing to do, not the other way round.
You know things you do for girlfriend and boyfriend on the pretence of love, if your girlfriend is coming to visit in the speed of light your house is sparkling clean.
That's a mere girlfriend, now God who is the true meaning of love, Cuz no one can love the way God loves you. Should we not prepare ourselves for his second coming, retrace our step, change our ways. So that we will be blameless in his sight, and he will receive us with an embrace of love into his kingdom.
Love God and he will reveal himself in a dimension you can ever imagine, and you will see how wonderful he is.

The reason why many Christians lack power is because they don't want to step out of their comfort zone to show their love to God,I LOVE YOU JESUS, IS NOT A FUNCTION OF WORDS BUT OF WORKS.love is tested and confirmed when we go out of our comfort zone for someone.

meanwhile that same God came out of his comfort zone(throne) in HEAVEN to save us. He paid the greatest price in the history of the universe :his pure blood without blemish, he suffered on the cross, he give away his pride,he give away his comfort.so too much I can't say it all,for the atonement of our sins.
We don't pay attention to the price that was paid for our salvation that's why we are lukewarm or cold in  our spiritual journey with christ.
How many of us go for evangelism
JOHN21:16:he said to him again the second time, Simon, son of Jonas, do you love me. Simon replied :yes, Lord, you know that I love you, he said to him:feed my sheep.

I pray the grace to love God arise in us, and those who love God already, it should become stronger and stronger until we are drunk and lost  in his love. In jesus name. Amen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Don't Preach Hell. by duro4chang(m): 3:02pm On May 06, 2021
But Jesus preached hell!!!
Re: Why I Don't Preach Hell. by Propheticdavid: 3:19pm On May 06, 2021
duro4chang:
But Jesus preached hell!!!

Yes, he mentioned hell not preach it. As his main agenda.
Jesus has the authority to mention hell.
You benefited from the grace of God.
You are still on the journey, you've not finished it. So how can you be shouting, someone is going to hell. It's judgemental.. That why they beat some people up during evangelism.
Remember the first shall be the last, and the last shall be the first..that prostitute can later be a proffetess burning with fire.
Only jesus himself can place judgement on someone, and can determine who goes to heaven or not. Focus on your own journey.
Jesus christ said go into the world and preach the gospel(good news of jesus christ) to every creature
The good news of jesus christ is not about scaring people about hell.

1 Like

Re: Why I Don't Preach Hell. by duro4chang(m): 3:25pm On May 06, 2021
Propheticdavid:

You are still on the journey, you've not finished it. So how can you be shouting, someone is going to hell. It's judgemental.. That why they beat some people up during evangelism.
Remember the first shall be the last, and the last shall be the first..that prostitute can later be a proffetess burning with fire.
Only jesus himself can place judgement on someone, and can determine who goes to heaven or not. Focus on your own journey.
Jesus christ said go into the world and preach the gospel(good news of jesus christ) to every creature

But we need to mention it just like Christ , right?
Re: Why I Don't Preach Hell. by Propheticdavid: 3:35pm On May 06, 2021
duro4chang:
Do you read at all or grab what you read..
God is not happy that people burn in hell okay.it grieves the father. If that it's all about he won't come here and die on the cross.
HELL PREACHING IS FUTLITY..
The right approach to draw people to God is love, not hell bro.
Be truthful, did your hell preaching stopped you yourself from sinning, even if it is that not the right mindset God want.

You want to preach hell, after reading this continue, sooner or later you you will see from result.
As for me you can't see me preach, what I'm sent to preach is repentance not HELL.

1 Like

Re: Why I Don't Preach Hell. by livingchrist: 3:49pm On May 06, 2021
Propheticdavid:

Do you read at all or grab what you read..
God is not happy that people burn in hell okay.it grieves the father. If that it's all about he won't come here and die on the cross.
HELL PREACHING IS FUTLITY..
The right approach to draw people to God is love, not hell bro.
Be truthful, did your hell preaching stopped you yourself from sinning, even if it is that not the right mindset God want.

You want to preach hell, after reading this continue, sooner or later you you will see from result.
As for me you can't see me preach, what I'm sent to preach is repentance not HELL.

Yes hell should be preached, Jesus preached about about it. Before the good news is the bad news, which is all have sinned, and the wages of sin is death and hell.
Hell is the justice of God against sin
The preaching of hell is not to scare people, the purpose of preaching about hell is to warn people of the senselessness of living without God (godless life) and to turn them about the love of God.
You cant be wiser or more loving than Jesus who warned men of the dangers of hell!

You cant be wiser than God who introduced the law before introducing grace.

The only problem is preaching about hell without showing them the way out which is christ.
Re: Why I Don't Preach Hell. by Propheticdavid: 4:11pm On May 06, 2021
livingchrist:

Yes hell should be preached, Jesus preached about about it. Before the good news is the bad news, which is all have sinned, and the wages of sin is death and hell.
The preaching of hell is not to scare people, the purpose of preaching about hell is to warn people of the senselessness of living without God (godless life) and to turn them about the love of God.
You cant be wiser or more loving than Jesus who warned men of the dangers of hell!

The only problem is preaching about hell without showing them the way out which is christ.

Well if you want to preach HELL, go on. (where did you hear before good news is badnews)
But loves comes before judgement, the Lord himself will do the judgment. By throwing stone on God's love that when judgement will come, people have heard about hell,already and they know what sin is.. So capitalising on using fear to register a point,to change someone is strategy not gospel.
Re: Why I Don't Preach Hell. by Propheticdavid: 4:29pm On May 06, 2021
You can tell people the consequences of sin without mentioning HELL.
Eternal life and eternal death is enough.
Re: Why I Don't Preach Hell. by Kobojunkie: 4:41pm On May 06, 2021
Propheticdavid:
Why I don't preach HELL.
if you are Christian and you are fearful at the mention of HELL, I believe the foundation of your ( salvation) Christianity is faulty.
2 TIMOTHY 1:7: FOR GOD HATH NOT GIVEN US THE SPIRIT OF FEAR: BUT OF Power AND OF LOVE, AND OF SOUND MIND.
Let me illustrate
If you fear your father, and you are a good son in his presence,  whether you will still be the good in his absent is not sure.
But if you love you father, in his presence or absence, even if he disciplines you, or deny you some stuffs. You will still be the good son that you are.
When I was in junior secondary school, my classmate preached to me but his preaching amount to nothing. Because it was filled with so much fear.he will talk about hell fire, Mark of the beast, illuminati, I got scared but that fear is gone after 3days, I'm back to my default mode. It was about  10 years later that I discovered God's love that I give my life to Christ completely and was filled with the Holy ghost. When you love God a healthy holy fear, will arise you,not fear of condemnation.
The essence of this writeup, is that we should love God. He love us so much, we should reciprocate with love.
When you love God you don't see  sacrificing somethings, leaving your sinful way as a hard thing to do. You will be doing it because it's a normal thing to do, not the other way round.
You know things you do for girlfriend and boyfriend on the pretence of love, if your girlfriend is coming to visit in the speed of light your house is sparkling clean.
That's a mere girlfriend, now God who is the true meaning of love, Cuz no one can love the way God loves you. Should we not prepare ourselves for his second coming, retrace our step, change our ways. So that we will be blameless in his sight, and he will receive us with an embrace of love into his kingdom.
Love God and he will reveal himself in a dimension you can ever imagine, and you will see how wonderful he is.

The reason why many Christians lack power is because they don't want to step out of their comfort zone to show their love to God,I LOVE YOU JESUS, IS NOT A FUNCTION OF WORDS BUT OF WORKS.love is tested and confirmed when we go out of our comfort zone for someone.

meanwhile that same God came out of his comfort zone(throne) in HEAVEN to save us. He paid the greatest price in the history of the universe :his pure blood without blemish, he suffered on the cross, he give away his pride,he give away his comfort.so too much I can't say it all,for the atonement of our sins.
We don't pay attention to the price that was paid for our salvation that's why we are lukewarm or cold in  our spiritual journey with christ.
JOHN21:16:he said to him again the second time, Simon, son of Jonas, do you love me. Simon replied :yes, Lord, you know that I love you, he said to him:feed my sheep.

I pray the grace to love God arise in us, and those who love God already, it should become stronger and stronger until we are drunk and lost  in his love. In jesus name. Amen.
1. And you don't see how a faulty Christian foundation in fact begins with the preaching of incomplete hence incorrect Gospel of the Kingdom of God aka the Good news? undecided

2. According to the Gospel of the Kingdom of God yourself, Hell is meant for those who are saved & reborn and not for those who are not. This since Hell is a domain within the Kingdom of God and in John 3 vs 1-18, Jesus Christ explained to Nicodemus, that only those who are saved & reborn can gain access to the Kingdom of God, where Hell, as taught by Jesus Christ, exists in. undecided
Re: Why I Don't Preach Hell. by Kobojunkie: 4:49pm On May 06, 2021
Propheticdavid:

1. Jesus Christ preached Hell.... if not directly but indirectly. Everytime the Kingdom of God is mentioned in the Gospels, Jesus Christ was teaching you of both Heaven and Hell, both of them domains within the Kingdom of God specifically for those who are saved&reborn - unbelievers have no access to the Kingdom of God. undecided

2. In much the same way that Hell is judgement, so also is Heaven a judgement. The journey can take one to either of the two destinations in the Kingdom of God. undecided

3. The Gospel of the Kingdom of God(both Heaven and Hell) is the good news because it is God's promised agreement to His people with which to bless all Nations of the earth with. The Gospel is incomplete if you choose to focus on teaching of Heaven and not of Hell which is also a domain within the Kingdom of God. undecided
Re: Why I Don't Preach Hell. by Kobojunkie: 4:51pm On May 06, 2021
Propheticdavid:

Well if you want to preach HELL, go on. (where did you hear before good news is badnews)
But loves comes before judgement, the Lord himself will do the judgment. By throwing stone on God's love that when judgement will come, people have heard about hell,already and they know what sin is.. So capitalising on using fear to register a point,to change someone is strategy not gospel.
Refusal to preach Hell is a refusal to do as Jesus Christ commands. Jesus Christ also warned you against the teaching of your own doctrines and doctrines, which amount to lies and clearly so in this case since you make the choice o teach that which is different from what Jesus Christ taught to you, and commanded that we teach. undecided
Re: Why I Don't Preach Hell. by Propheticdavid: 6:02pm On May 06, 2021
If you like hell preaching go on with it.i have experienced hell preaching several times. and i know what i'm saying,and i know people can relate ...the way they preach it sef.but as for me i wont preach hell,the way those preacher talk about it,is not how they should. They know themselves.
Re: Why I Don't Preach Hell. by Kobojunkie: 6:17pm On May 06, 2021
Propheticdavid:
If you like hell preaching go on with it.i have experienced hell preaching several times. and i know what i'm saying,and i know people can relate ...the way they preach it sef.but as for me i wont preach hell,the way those preacher talk about it,is not how they should. They know themselves.
God's commandments aren't about our doing of that which we like or prefer.

His instruction was that we go out and teach the Gospel of the Kingdom of God, not the gospel of the kingdom of us. We are called to preach exactly that which Jesus Christ preached... without adding or removing from it. Even that which you have heard preached from the pulpit amounts to nothing but lies where the truth of God is concerned, and that is the honest truth. undecided
Re: Why I Don't Preach Hell. by gabriel66386: 6:21pm On May 06, 2021
You can tell people the consequences of sin without mentioning HELL.Eternal life and eternal death is enough.
Re: Why I Don't Preach Hell. by God2man2again(m): 6:32pm On May 06, 2021
Love preaching without the judgement of God.

God is love. God is good. God is kind.

God is a consuming fire.

God is fearful to be praised.

God is a God of judgement by him actions are weighed.

It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

God is a man of war.

Solomon, the wisest man told us:

Ecclesiastes 12:13-14" Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter; Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man
For God will bring every work into judgement with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil"
Re: Why I Don't Preach Hell. by Kobojunkie: 6:38pm On May 06, 2021
gabriel66386:
You can tell people the consequences of sin without mentioning HELL.Eternal life and eternal death is enough.
1. What exactly is "eternal" death? undecided

2. According to Jesus Christ, in John 3 vs 1-21, eternal life is given to all who believe and are saved &reborn in to Life eternal in Jesus Christ, and these being some of the very same who will end up spending eternal life in Hell, a domain within the Kingdom of God. undecided
Re: Why I Don't Preach Hell. by Propheticdavid: 7:32pm On May 06, 2021
Kobojunkie:
God's commandments aren't about our doing of that which we like or prefer.

His instruction was that we go out and teach the Gospel of the Kingdom of God, not the gospel of the kingdom of us. We are called to preach exactly that which Jesus Christ preached... without adding or removing from it. Even that which you have heard preached from the pulpit amounts to nothing but lies where the truth of God is concerned, and that is the honest truth. undecided
bro,the knowledge of hell didnt moved me to God.i know abt hell bro,and if you check one of my post i ave qoute somewhere in revelation that pertains to hell.ive mentioned hell in evangelism but you will never see me talk abt hell in broad detail,about demons and satan for hours and losing track on my focus point jesus..if its compulsory to talk hell as you said.then i would not be saved and filled with the holyghost by now.nd if its works 4 it me can work 4 evry1
Re: Why I Don't Preach Hell. by Propheticdavid: 8:33pm On May 06, 2021
livingchrist:

Yes hell should be preached, Jesus preached about about it. which is all have sinned, and the wages of sin is death and hell.

you are right sir,my apologies..the misunderstanding is that talking im about extremist hell preachers.ive met some.
Re: Why I Don't Preach Hell. by Propheticdavid: 8:40pm On May 06, 2021
duro4chang:
yes we can mention it like he is our model,im really sorry.my apologies...this post is directed towards extremist hell preacher. I just reviewed the comment. And i wont deny the fact that i err by saying that we shouldnt mention at all.,my sincere apologies
Re: Why I Don't Preach Hell. by duro4chang(m): 10:39pm On May 06, 2021
Propheticdavid:
yes we can mention it like he is our model,im really sorry.my apologies...this post is directed towards extremist hell preacher. I just reviewed the comment. And i wont deny the fact that i err by saying that we shouldnt mention at all.,my sincere apologies
With what you have written here , I so much love you with the love of christ.
Re: Why I Don't Preach Hell. by obonujoker(m): 10:39pm On May 06, 2021
Propheticdavid:
Eternal life and eternal death is enough.

This is wrong... Hell should be preached... It's not a joking matter...
Re: Why I Don't Preach Hell. by Propheticdavid: 11:12pm On May 06, 2021
obonujoker:

This is wrong... Hell should be preached... It's not a joking matter...
the day i understan what eternal life is,death and man fall in the garden of eden.i prayed immedialy with hunger for God in my heart..the holyghost come upon me immediately.so when i say it enough i know what im saying,i talk experiencially.whereas ive been hearing fearful extremist hell preacher for years with no result...not everyone moved by hell..this post is for extremist hell preacher.i made a mistake not indicate it in the body.
Re: Why I Don't Preach Hell. by livingchrist: 6:21am On May 07, 2021
Propheticdavid:
you are right sir,my apologies..the misunderstanding is that talking im about extremist hell preachers.ive met some.
Apologies accepted, Any preaching that doesnt point people to faith in Christ is false.
Re: Why I Don't Preach Hell. by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:07am On May 07, 2021
The highlighted is what God presented before all humans but it's unthinkable on the part of mortal man to see any punishment in death of a sinner when everyone dies. smiley
Instead of contemplating on resurrection and everlasting life that the wicked will not partake they just feel it's unfair on the part of God for a sinner (wicked) to die and that should be all. smiley
So most people want to hear that wrongdoers will still face another kind of punishment apart from normal death. But let's consider what God said!
According to God's word (Bible) Adam and Eve will continue to live if they remain obedient, but death will be the punishment for rebellion! Genesis 2:17 compare to Romans 6:7, 23
God has no business with unrepentant evildoers so He will just forget them in their graves while faithful ones who worshiped Him and pagan who lived by conscience will be remembered during resurrection! Act 24:15
Hell is another word for Grave and God has no more punishment for the death, death is just what will keep the evildoer away from the living so that he can't cause anymore harm! Ecclesiastes 9:5-6
Well Jesus spoke with illustrations teaching his Jewish listeners who knew all these very well so they're not confused as to all these, they know that their God will never roast living persons alive with the intention of keeping them in such excruciating pains {Jeremiah 7:31, 19:5} therefore they know that whenever Jesus says anything that's contrary to what they know before regarding the judgment of God the wonderful counselor is speaking in PARABLES! Mark 4:2

Propheticdavid:

Eternal life and eternal death is enough

1 Like

Re: Why I Don't Preach Hell. by Propheticdavid: 2:35pm On May 07, 2021
livingchrist:
Apologies accepted, Any preaching that doesnt point people to faith in Christ is false.
its not compulsory to comment,how did my preaching not lead to faith in christ...if hell lead you to christ its not prototype for other.
Re: Why I Don't Preach Hell. by Propheticdavid: 2:49pm On May 07, 2021
God bless you sir,finally i see someone that understand deep..this is what im trying to tell them in another verbatim,i know this but dont want state it directly because many will not understand and will attack,so i gave them in dose they ingest still they still attack.infact i resonated in the spirit when i read this,its shows that holyghost testify that its true.,i love you so much,helping illustrate it..truth will continue to brew in your inside and come out of your mouth...wow you made my day.
Re: Why I Don't Preach Hell. by livingchrist: 3:17pm On May 07, 2021
Propheticdavid:
its not compulsory to comment,how did my preaching not lead to faith in christ...if hell lead you to christ its not prototype for other.
I m not talking about you, I m speaking of those who preach about just to scare people to do good.

Hell is real, yes it is the duty to let people know that and more importantly how to escape it.

The gospel always causes offence to the unbelieving world as it should be.
However the gospel is about Jesus, his person his works, his power and his wonderful plans.
Re: Why I Don't Preach Hell. by Propheticdavid: 3:23pm On May 07, 2021
livingchrist:
I m not talking about you, I m speaking of those who preach about just to scare people.
okay sorry sir,my mistake.
Re: Why I Don't Preach Hell. by livingchrist: 3:28pm On May 07, 2021
Propheticdavid:
okay sorry sir,my mistake.
When Jesus preached about hell, it was in the presence of the self righteous religious pharisees who saw themselves more holier than other men.

The holy spirit might lead one to preach about hell sometimes It is all about following the leading of the holy ghost.
Re: Why I Don't Preach Hell. by haddeylium(m): 3:36pm On May 07, 2021
Propheticdavid:
Why I don't preach HELL.
Let me illustrate

Quick question sir?

Who are the people Jesus promised everlasting life?

(1) (Reply)

Insurance Of TB Joshua Ministries ~ 12 Things You Should Know [VIDEO] / God's Children / The Early Church Magnified The Name Of Jesus!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.