Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,784 members, 7,820,746 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:40 PM

Sahara Reporters' Shocking Report On South East's Breakdown Of Law And Order - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sahara Reporters' Shocking Report On South East's Breakdown Of Law And Order (1675 Views)

Lai Mohammed: Attack On South African Businesses Will Hurt Nigerians More / Nnamdi Kanu’s N1m Bounty On South-East Governors’ Itinerary: IPOB Leader Blasted / Ekiti Election: We Stopped Rally To Prevent Breakdown Of Law And Order- DIG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sahara Reporters' Shocking Report On South East's Breakdown Of Law And Order by Rosskiiku: 9:42pm On May 06, 2021
Residents Flee Villages, Communities In South-East As Killings, Unrest Rise

In Anambra, residents are moving from communities in Aguata and Njikoka LGAs to the state capital, Awka or major towns such as Onitsha.

More South-East villages and communities are presently being deserted, going by the violent clashes between Nigerian security operatives and separatist groups such as the Indigenous People of Biafra and its security arm, Eastern Security Network.

SaharaReporters spoke to a number of affected persons who have left their villages and communities in Imo and are presently staying put at Owerri, the state capital amidst increasing fatal clashes between the police, the army and the ESN officials or those sometimes generally described as 'unknown gunmen'.

Some victims noted that the affected villages in Imo include Oguta and Ohaji/Egbema communities; others are in Orsu and Orlu local government areas as well as Oru East and Oru West LGAs, and Agwa and Izombe communities where there have been continuous military raids on the suspected hideouts of the militants.

In Anambra, residents are moving from communities in Aguata and Njikoka LGAs to the state capital, Awka or major towns such as Onitsha.

Speaking with SaharaReporters, a resident and businessman, Joe Chukwu, said, “I have not been able to go to my village in the past three months. The military has been raiding our youths on a weekly basis, now, everywhere is deserted. Most farming activities have stopped.

“I had to move my things in January and I relocated to Owerri. I have been here since. It is true that people in Orlu, Orsu and neighbouring communities are moving to Owerri.”

“Same in Anambra, people are leaving the villages, because they are becoming the battle ground. You can only remain in the village if you are ESN or IPOB or you are ready to be raided by the army. Attendance in most of the churches and schools in the villages has dropped significantly. For two months, I have been in Onitsha and I don’t plan to visit my village for now,” another source stated.

....SaharaReporters had also on Monday reported that even policemen deployed to the South-East states of Imo, Anambra, Abia, Ebonyi and Enugu states are currently deserting their stations, and now prefer to go to work in mufti the few times they choose to go.

SaharaReporters had learnt that it is also increasingly difficult for policemen to arrest suspects in neighbourhoods or to keep their suspects in cell, as is the custom before cases are charged to court.

It was gathered that most policemen, particularly those who are not Igbo indigenes, are desperately seeking redeployments amidst fear of being caught in the middle of an attack by “unknown gunmen.”

http://saharareporters.com/2021/05/04/residents-flee-villages-communities-south-east-killings-unrest-rise

1 Like

Re: Sahara Reporters' Shocking Report On South East's Breakdown Of Law And Order by Rosskiiku: 9:44pm On May 06, 2021
This is not good. undecided
Re: Sahara Reporters' Shocking Report On South East's Breakdown Of Law And Order by ygowon: 9:45pm On May 06, 2021
[s]
Rosskiiku:
Residents Flee Villages, Communities In South-East As Killings, Unrest Rise

More South-East villages and communities are presently being deserted, going by the violent clashes between Nigerian security operatives and separatist groups such as the Indigenous People of Biafra and its security arm, Eastern Security Network.

SaharaReporters spoke to a number of affected persons who have left their villages and communities in Imo and are presently staying put at Owerri, the state capital amidst increasing fatal clashes between the police, the army and the ESN officials or those sometimes generally described as unknown gunmen.

Some victims noted that the affected villages in Imo include Oguta and Ohaji/Egbema communities; others are in Orsu and Orlu local government areas as well as Oru East and Oru West LGAs, and Agwa and Izombe communities where there have been continuous military raids on the suspected hideouts of the militants.

Speaking with SaharaReporters, a resident and businessman, Joe Chukwu, said, “I have not been able to go to my village in the past three months. The military has been raiding our youths on a weekly basis, now, everywhere is deserted. Most farming activities have stopped.

“I had to move my things in January and I relocated to Owerri. I have been here since. It is true that people in Orlu, Orsu and neighbouring communities are moving to Owerri.”

“Same in Anambra, people are leaving the villages, because they are becoming the battle ground. You can only remain in the village if you are ESN or IPOB or you are ready to be raided by the army. Attendance in most of the churches and schools in the villages has dropped significantly. For two months, I have been in Onitsha and I don’t plan to visit my village for now,” another source stated.

....SaharaReporters had also on Monday reported that even policemen deployed to the South-East states of Imo, Anambra, Abia, Ebonyi and Enugu states are currently deserting their stations, and now prefer to go to work in mufti the few times they choose to go.

SaharaReporters had learnt that it is also increasingly difficult for policemen to arrest suspects in neighbourhoods or to keep their suspects in cell, as is the custom before cases are charged to court.

It was gathered that most policemen, particularly those who are not Igbo indigenes, are desperately seeking redeployments amidst fear of being caught in the middle of an attack by “unknown gunmen.”

http://saharareporters.com/2021/05/04/residents-flee-villages-communities-south-east-killings-unrest-rise

[/s]Your northern Nigeria has been taken over by terrorists. Abuja schools are shutting down due to the encroachment of terrorists to Abuja. But you are not bothered. You are rather bothered about southeast, the people you never loved in this evil contraption. Idi0t

10 Likes

Re: Sahara Reporters' Shocking Report On South East's Breakdown Of Law And Order by PrinceOfLagos: 9:45pm On May 06, 2021
I was in Imo state days ago on invitation and everywhere s peaceful .

I even strolled through the villages and I swear to God everywhere was peaceful . There was no sign of unrest in the city and villages.

Where are you guys getting you fake news from?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sahara Reporters' Shocking Report On South East's Breakdown Of Law And Order by Nobody: 9:45pm On May 06, 2021
Stop recycling old news just to keep sadness in the minds of people.

OP, you guys hardly post goodnews, is it that you are addicted to badnews that you refuse to post wonderful pictures that can bring me joy ?

2 Likes

Re: Sahara Reporters' Shocking Report On South East's Breakdown Of Law And Order by Babalegba(m): 9:47pm On May 06, 2021
The perpetrator is safely chilling in south London

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sahara Reporters' Shocking Report On South East's Breakdown Of Law And Order by ygowon: 9:47pm On May 06, 2021
Billyonaire666:
Stop recycling old news just to keep sadness in the minds of people.

OP, you guys hardly post goodnews, is it that you are addicted to badnews that you refuse to post wonderful pictures that can bring me joy ?
They can't sleep because of the igbos. Always looking for one bad news to post about the igbos while their northernland is in shambles

1 Like

Re: Sahara Reporters' Shocking Report On South East's Breakdown Of Law And Order by omenka(m): 9:47pm On May 06, 2021
After the publication of the news, ipob terrorists suddenly remembered that SR, which happens to be their favorite news source for a couple of years now, is owed by an Afonja.

Very hopeless and witless nanobots.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sahara Reporters' Shocking Report On South East's Breakdown Of Law And Order by ygowon: 9:50pm On May 06, 2021
All these paid northern agents causing division in the south should know that nairaland is not Nigeria and that while nairaland will last, Nigeria is bound to breakup due to their extremism and selfishness

1 Like

Re: Sahara Reporters' Shocking Report On South East's Breakdown Of Law And Order by Rosskiiku: 9:50pm On May 06, 2021
omenka:
After the publication of the news, upon terrorists suddenly remembered that SR, which happens to be their favorite news source for a couple of years now, is owed by an Afonja.

Very hopeless and witless nanobots.

Very good point. I quoted Sahara reporters because IPOB folks have constantly praised them for their objectivity and fairness in reporting current events in Nigeria.

Strange to see them now condemning the same Sahara Reporters, based on this report.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sahara Reporters' Shocking Report On South East's Breakdown Of Law And Order by Rosskiiku: 9:54pm On May 06, 2021
ygowon:
Your northern Nigeria has been taken over by terrorists. Abuja schools are shutting down due to the encroachment of terrorists to Abuja. But you are not bothered. You are rather bothered about southeast, the people you never loved in this evil contraption. Idi0t

I'm not from northern Nigeria.
Re: Sahara Reporters' Shocking Report On South East's Breakdown Of Law And Order by jetwonder(m): 9:55pm On May 06, 2021
grin Kanu Vs Buhari: Na Udey Sofar? Kanu Is Chiling Safely Out Of Nigeria, While Buhari Choping Chicken Lab In Aso Rock! You Who Are In Anambra And Imo State Na You Go Sofar!

1 Like

Re: Sahara Reporters' Shocking Report On South East's Breakdown Of Law And Order by GodHatesBigots(m): 9:55pm On May 06, 2021
Meanwhile Terrorists are 2 hours away from Abuja and this mumu is worrying about another man's problem. Just wait, una go hear am for Nigeria soon.

What a loser cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Sahara Reporters' Shocking Report On South East's Breakdown Of Law And Order by Rosskiiku: 10:00pm On May 06, 2021
GodHatesBigots:
Meanwhile Terrorists are 2 hours away from Abuja and this mumu is worrying about another man's problem. Just wait, una go hear am for Nigeria soon.

What a loser cheesy

'Whataboutism' is an admission you're in trouble.
Re: Sahara Reporters' Shocking Report On South East's Breakdown Of Law And Order by ygowon: 10:00pm On May 06, 2021
Rosskiiku:

I'm not from northern Nigeria.
Stop denying your heritage. No be today e start. You Fulanis will be claiming Yoruba, igbo, middlebelt just to cause division among them. Nonsense

4 Likes

Re: Sahara Reporters' Shocking Report On South East's Breakdown Of Law And Order by Rosskiiku: 10:03pm On May 06, 2021
ygowon:
Stop denying your heritage. No be today e start. You Fulanis will be claiming Yoruba, igbo, middlebelt just to cause division among them. Nonsense

You are free to believe what you like. wink
Re: Sahara Reporters' Shocking Report On South East's Breakdown Of Law And Order by Akwamkpuruamu: 10:05pm On May 06, 2021
Schools are shutting down in Abuja, over 50000 hectares of land as big as a local government can't be cultivated for farming in Buhari home state, Niger State citizens are paying 20m and buying Bikes for bandits, over 100000 are chased out as IDPs in Borno, yet there's no outrage . Una go hear am.

Na Igbo matter go deal with una

6 Likes

Re: Sahara Reporters' Shocking Report On South East's Breakdown Of Law And Order by ygowon: 10:06pm On May 06, 2021
Rosskiiku:

You are free to believe what you like. wink
Before nko, I have studied all of you paid agents. You think the divide and rule of yesterday will work today. Una never see anything. Continue to create threads about igbos while your northern Nigeria is burning seriously.

5 Likes

Re: Sahara Reporters' Shocking Report On South East's Breakdown Of Law And Order by Rosskiiku: 10:15pm On May 06, 2021
Akwamkpuruamu:
Schools are shutting down in Abuja, over 50000 hectares of land as big as a local government can't be cultivated for farming in Buhari home state, Niger State citizens are paying 20m and buying Bikes for bandits, over 100000 are chased out as IDPs in Borno, yet there's no outrage . Una go hear am.

Na Igbo matter go deal with una

Even if all this were true, how does that lessen the crises in the East?

I mean, you guys used to boast of how peaceful and civilized your region was compared to the north.

Now, in the midst of mayhem, you're reduced to retorting ''it's also happening in the north!''

It's quite a climbdown.
Re: Sahara Reporters' Shocking Report On South East's Breakdown Of Law And Order by ablejesus26(m): 10:38pm On May 06, 2021
Ofcus the recent happenings in Igboland is worrisome, but there is too much escalations on the issue.

We will win this one.
Re: Sahara Reporters' Shocking Report On South East's Breakdown Of Law And Order by chakula: 1:21am On May 07, 2021
Normalcy will restore if their leaders intervene. The whole issues need to table and find its solution. Disintegration is what many region are praying for, so government should sit up and looks into citizens demand.
Re: Sahara Reporters' Shocking Report On South East's Breakdown Of Law And Order by ScamHunter: 1:50am On May 07, 2021
Scam tribalistic report. Boko Haram is poised to pounce on Abuja, it is peaceful SE that you dolts are concerned about. Herdsmen are all over SW forests, it's those in the East combating terrorists that are your concern. Biased belle journalism.
Re: Sahara Reporters' Shocking Report On South East's Breakdown Of Law And Order by ScamHunter: 2:00am On May 07, 2021
Rosskiiku:

Very good point. I quoted Sahara reporters because IPOB folks have constantly praised them for their objectivity and fairness in reporting current events in Nigeria.

Strange to see them now condemning the same Sahara Reporters, based on this report.

Really? Is it not the vacillating Sowore Sahara or is it another Sahara Reporters? Yoruba eh, you people will finish this country with your love of untruth. So your killer herdsmen infested forests is not of concern to you. Your concern is the Igbo and others in the East combating terrorism? We shall see. You think Igbo will be blackmailed into docility and cowardice in the face of Fulani onslaught like you. Too bad. They are the real defenders of native people. If you people prefer slavery and subjugation to Fulani, good riddance. but count Igbo out. I know you're saddened that Igbo are resisting the slavery you've resigned to.
Re: Sahara Reporters' Shocking Report On South East's Breakdown Of Law And Order by Asgard73: 6:11am On May 07, 2021
Listen ndigbo

Northerners don’t have this luxury of coming online to rant

They’re not interested

Every Biafra rant online is done by Yoruba people of southwest

Understand this.

They’re paranoid and scared to pants on anything Biafra and igbos

Simply because igbos are their superior ... igbos never beat them .. but they’re already wailing and crying

What ever post against igbos is a Yoruba post.. northerners do their on Twitter ... they don’t hide identity

Yoruba do.. the see nairaland as we’re the can hide and do their tribal nonsenses.. because of fear

Please igbos should note this

Hausa have abandoned them

Since Yoruba started nonsense that Igbos killed Hausa and retaliation bla bla bla

Have you seen any Hausa man reply them? Either on Twitter, by action, or words ..

Nigerians don sabi Yoruba very well. Walahi.

The two faced idiabas are well known... Na why their propaganda Dey fail back to back

Don’t you see Yoruba have left northerners retaliation against igbos to igboland to become Somali and Sudan

Understand Yoruba media and press and you have nothing to worry

Ezeife has told Fulani the truth... fulani can’t fight igbos.. that will mean extermination of Fulani.

Many country and tribes with little resources have dealt with them and chased them out..

Talk more of igbos.

1 Like

Re: Sahara Reporters' Shocking Report On South East's Breakdown Of Law And Order by immortal2: 6:44am On May 07, 2021
Fake news planted by the media arm of the Jihadi FG.

(1) (Reply)

Stunning Photos As President Buhari, His Wife And Children Observe Eid El Filtri / Igboho Arrest: We’ll Gather Resources To Defend Him - Reno Omokri / Hushpuppi: Abba Kyari Aide Threatens FBI Agents To Desist Trailing Him (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.