Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,238 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:25 AM

10 Year Old Tani Adewumi Becomes US National Chess Master - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 10 Year Old Tani Adewumi Becomes US National Chess Master (23386 Views)

Guinness World Record: Davido, Sowore Turn Up To Support Chess Master, Onakoya / Tani Adewumi: 12-year-old Nigerian Chess Prodigy Granted Asylum In The US / Tani Adewumi: 11-Year-Old Chess Master Trounces 26-Year-Old Challenger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Year Old Tani Adewumi Becomes US National Chess Master by greypencils: 7:03am On May 07, 2021
BruncleZuma:
Just listen to yourself carefully
You do that carefully
Re: 10 Year Old Tani Adewumi Becomes US National Chess Master by BruncleZuma: 7:04am On May 07, 2021
greypencils:
You do that carefully
Do you, it's too early.
Re: 10 Year Old Tani Adewumi Becomes US National Chess Master by israelp(m): 7:04am On May 07, 2021
helinues:
Omo ologo Tani, Big congrats jare

Chess, My Brain sharpener . One of the important task for me to do every blessed morning

Checkmate.....
i cn defeat tani ...bring it on
Re: 10 Year Old Tani Adewumi Becomes US National Chess Master by abeniagbon(m): 7:06am On May 07, 2021
StaffofOrayan:

Chased out of their own land like hundred of thousands and you want to start celebrating,

I urge you to think!

Nothing like chasing out. It all happen as a matter of choice. Learn to comprehend and stop quoting me

1 Like

Re: 10 Year Old Tani Adewumi Becomes US National Chess Master by PrinceMajestic: 7:06am On May 07, 2021
Congrats to one of our own. Chess is the more you look the less you see. I salute all chess players worldwide, his even younger than the 14year old asian world chess grandmaster. If you re not a chess player then you obviously dont know what this thread is about so SCRAM!
Re: 10 Year Old Tani Adewumi Becomes US National Chess Master by BassReeves: 7:07am On May 07, 2021
EaRtHgUy:
I love this. IC you don’t understand, The Government is the King, the Corporations are the Queen, The Media is the Knight, The Military is the Rook, The Police is the Bishop and YOU are the PAWN. Pathetic!!!!! What it all boils down to is that you are COMPLETELY and TOTALLY EXPENDABLE. Nigeria to the World!!!
Its you who doesnt at all understand friend, as there are times when, a well placed and positioned pawn, is more powerful than a king queen. In fact, it potentially, is a king in waiting

PS: Typo edited
Re: 10 Year Old Tani Adewumi Becomes US National Chess Master by richmond500: 7:07am On May 07, 2021
tuzle:
einstein ko, newton ni, go and check the record of youngest grand masters, u will see 12 year old becoming grand master and they can never be compared with einstein. Chess and physics are not the same
Einstein is a man that solves problem, he wouldn't have been celebrated if he had learned agriculture or estate management.

This 10yr old boy got a medal after being introduced to the game in just a year, how long did ur grandmasters play?

1 Like

Re: 10 Year Old Tani Adewumi Becomes US National Chess Master by Ndipe(m): 7:07am On May 07, 2021
This is wonderful news. More grease to his elbow.
Re: 10 Year Old Tani Adewumi Becomes US National Chess Master by sisisioge: 7:08am On May 07, 2021
I see opportunities! Thank you Lord! Congrats to the Tani and his family.
Re: 10 Year Old Tani Adewumi Becomes US National Chess Master by StaffofOrayan(m): 7:08am On May 07, 2021
abeniagbon:

Nothing like chasing out. It all happen as a matter of choice. Learn to comprehend and stop quoting me

They were refugees by choice?
I thought you were normal!!
Re: 10 Year Old Tani Adewumi Becomes US National Chess Master by realstars: 7:11am On May 07, 2021
Climeing A Good Tree.
Re: 10 Year Old Tani Adewumi Becomes US National Chess Master by Newton85: 7:12am On May 07, 2021
StaffofOrayan:

Why are his parents refugees again?
Help me out
Alaye, which parents are "refugees"? All na format to get asylum jare, we know as e dey go. A Yoruba family made refugees by Boko Haram? Abeg forget that thing, lol.

4 Likes

Re: 10 Year Old Tani Adewumi Becomes US National Chess Master by abeniagbon(m): 7:13am On May 07, 2021
StaffofOrayan:

They were refugees by choice?
I thought you were normal!!

Are you saying with that fund for a family visa fees, passport for a family of 4 and also airline tickets for a family of 4 precisely ain't a matter of choice... Sum the whole cost together if you think you're normal to comprehend. Sick head

3 Likes

Re: 10 Year Old Tani Adewumi Becomes US National Chess Master by stayclearofme: 7:15am On May 07, 2021
BruncleZuma:
Means they came from another part of Nigeria right?
What are you saying?
Re: 10 Year Old Tani Adewumi Becomes US National Chess Master by israelp(m): 7:15am On May 07, 2021
BassReeves:
Its you who doesnt at all understand friend, as there are times when, a well placed and positioned pawn, is more powerful than a king. In fact, it potentially, is a king in waiting
whc knd olodo pawn b dat?...una don start grin
Re: 10 Year Old Tani Adewumi Becomes US National Chess Master by stayclearofme: 7:17am On May 07, 2021
Newton85:
Alaye, which parents are "refugees"? All na format to get asylum jare, we know as e dey go. A Yoruba family made refugees by Boko Haram? Abeg forget that thing, lol.
Na so una dey expose una self. Africans.. smh!
Re: 10 Year Old Tani Adewumi Becomes US National Chess Master by greypencils: 7:17am On May 07, 2021
BruncleZuma:
Do you, it's too early.
Re: 10 Year Old Tani Adewumi Becomes US National Chess Master by richmond500: 7:17am On May 07, 2021
israelp:
i cn defeat tani ...bring it on
mtchew, u never fit play ludo well sef

1 Like

Re: 10 Year Old Tani Adewumi Becomes US National Chess Master by StaffofOrayan(m): 7:19am On May 07, 2021
Newton85:

Whether it's real or fake, they were ready to live in a homeless shelter and make up tragic stories just to escape Nigeria, just to Japa from the land of slavery!

Why don't you people want to think?

1 Like

Re: 10 Year Old Tani Adewumi Becomes US National Chess Master by stayclearofme: 7:20am On May 07, 2021
israelp:
whc knd olodo pawn b dat?...una don start grin
Lol u no sabi chess! Every pawn is a potential queen.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Year Old Tani Adewumi Becomes US National Chess Master by Oracleforce: 7:20am On May 07, 2021
All these alimajiri Fulani people will not be called for any international exploit but they are the local champion who occupied all the sensitive positions in the country.....
We need to go back to a regionalism government or sth unexpected happens...Nigeria is on the keg of gun powder and some people are anxiously waiting for it to explode so that they will take possession of the entire country. ...
The lesser are ruling the greater how do you want the country to move forward?
One of my aboki bosses wrote a letter to one organization.....I purposely pretended and ignore some of the errors in the letter and they forwarded the letter like that after some of the other aboki people saw it and proofread the letter, none of them saw the error and I shut my eyes to it...
We are presently operating the government for error and confusion.
Re: 10 Year Old Tani Adewumi Becomes US National Chess Master by richmond500: 7:20am On May 07, 2021
ChiefSosa:
OUR KIDS ARE EASILY DOING WELL ABROAD. SENSIBLE NIGERIANS THAT GO ABROAD ALWAYS DO WELL THERE 'CAUSE WE ENTER THERE WITH ALL THE FRUSTRATION AND ANGER WE'VE BOTTLED UP FROM NAIJA. That aside, who else noticed that the number of job interview invites have increased recently, especially on NL?
The ones that are deported for drug trafficking, stealing and are even jailed for murder nko
Re: 10 Year Old Tani Adewumi Becomes US National Chess Master by israelp(m): 7:21am On May 07, 2021
richmond500:
mtchew, u never fit play ludo well sef
am gud in timed-chess 3sec own grin
Re: 10 Year Old Tani Adewumi Becomes US National Chess Master by stayclearofme: 7:21am On May 07, 2021
BassReeves:
Its you who doesnt at all understand friend, as there are times when, a well placed and positioned pawn, is more powerful than a king. In fact, it potentially, is a king in waiting
You mean a queen? Not a king!
Re: 10 Year Old Tani Adewumi Becomes US National Chess Master by StaffofOrayan(m): 7:22am On May 07, 2021
abeniagbon:

Are you saying with that fund for a family visa fees, passport for a family of 4 and also airline tickets for a family of 4 precisely ain't a matter of choice... Sum the whole cost together if you think you're normal to comprehend. Sick head

Yes! there are millions of Yoruba's that are currently selling all they can sell and getting ready to leave the land because they have realized this is not the way human beings should be living, not because they choose to but because they have no choice,

2 Likes

Re: 10 Year Old Tani Adewumi Becomes US National Chess Master by stayclearofme: 7:23am On May 07, 2021
richmond500:
The ones that are deported for drug trafficking, stealing and are even jailed for murder nko
How many are those compared to the ones that are doing well?

1 Like

Re: 10 Year Old Tani Adewumi Becomes US National Chess Master by israelp(m): 7:23am On May 07, 2021
stayclearofme:

Lol u no sabi chess! Every pawn is a potential queen.
u cnt do dat for expert...only learner reason dis way
Re: 10 Year Old Tani Adewumi Becomes US National Chess Master by Nobody: 7:24am On May 07, 2021
NyamiriFlathead:
What a great race with sophisticated, intelligent and great people, truly we are the best in africa, we no dey chestbeat like foolish descendants of ape from cursed land.
While my blodas from dying sun are still the best in drug pushing, human trafficking, prostitution, money rituals, baby pounding, baby factory etc., what a cursed people from a cursed region
God bless yoruba nation

Nice try Mr Northerner trying to sow seeds of Division. At least We have Okonjo Iweala, Chinwetel Ejiofor and the likes

3 Likes

Re: 10 Year Old Tani Adewumi Becomes US National Chess Master by richmond500: 7:25am On May 07, 2021
stayclearofme:

How many are those compared to the ones that are doing well?
I don't know, were u keeping record?
Re: 10 Year Old Tani Adewumi Becomes US National Chess Master by israelp(m): 7:25am On May 07, 2021
stayclearofme:
You mean a queen? Not a king!
grin grin king n queen dy confuse una?
Re: 10 Year Old Tani Adewumi Becomes US National Chess Master by richmond500: 7:26am On May 07, 2021
obynzo:

Nice try Mr Northerner trying to sow seeds of Division. At least We have Okonjo Iweala, Chinwetel Ejiofor and the likes
I don't think any of the names u called could beat this one, but yea those are Nigerians that has made us proud,
Iweala, that is a woman I have great respect for
Re: 10 Year Old Tani Adewumi Becomes US National Chess Master by streetsoldier1(m): 7:27am On May 07, 2021
Obamaofusa:

They were refugees in 2017 when they got to America but now they have their personal home made possible by the ingenuity of the 10 year old boy..
Kudos to him.

the family lied sha.... wetin concern boko haram with yoruba when they claim they fled naija cos of BH

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Vincent Enyeama Named Greatest African Goalkeeper Of All Time By IFFHS / Nigeria FF Boss Questions Caf's Awards Criteria After Moses Snub / UEFA Have Opened An Investigation Into Barcelona's Accounts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.