Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,412 members, 7,954,647 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:38 AM

You Won’t Get Presidency By Threatening Secession, El-rufai Clears Igbo - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / You Won’t Get Presidency By Threatening Secession, El-rufai Clears Igbo (22870 Views)

Primate Ayodele: South-East Won’t Get Presidency, Igbo Politicians Are Betrayals / Nwodo: We Will Join Kanu To Fight For Biafra If SE Doesnt Get Presidency In 2023 / El-rufai Clears Air On Body Bag Comment(video,photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Won’t Get Presidency By Threatening Secession, El-rufai Clears Igbo by IGBOSON1: 6:40pm On May 07, 2021
Cyberterror:

I don't think that we Igbos should be boasting. We have to admit that we need the Presidency even if it is hard to admit. Hiding behind Atiku or any other northerner to get into Aso rock while saying something different won't help our agenda. Those northerners are quite smart. Let's just be open and tell them we need them to get power instead of unnecessary boasts.

Hehehehehe grin grin grin

This is another one of them that thinks Ndigbo are wired like them and stupidly obsess about Nigerian presidency day and night!

Dude, believe whatever you wanna believe! smiley

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Won’t Get Presidency By Threatening Secession, El-rufai Clears Igbo by Cyberterror: 6:43pm On May 07, 2021
IGBOSON1:

Hehehehehe grin grin grin

This is another one of them that thinks Ndigbo are wired like them and stupidly obsess about Nigerian presidency day and night!

Dude, believe whatever you wanna believe! smiley

What do you mean? Any one who thinks Igbo needs the presidency is not Igbo? Do you think the decay in the east can be rectified without Igbo presidency?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Won’t Get Presidency By Threatening Secession, El-rufai Clears Igbo by Nobody: 8:09pm On May 07, 2021
pricklewane:
Kaduna State Governor, Nasir el-Rufai, says although he believes the South should produce the next President, the people of the South-East must note that they cannot get the Presidential seat by threatening others with secession.

El-Rufai further stated that politics has to do with negotiations and convincing others why they should vote for you.

He, therefore, stated that the Igbo would need to adopt this approach if they want their son to succeed the current President.

The governor said this during a webinar organised by the Africa Leadership Group. The event which was tagged: ‘Developing a Viable Nation 2’ was hosted by Pastor of Trinity House church Ituah Ighodalo.

Responding to a question on why the South-East is being denied the Presidency, el-Rufai responded, “I don’t think anyone has stopped the South-East from going for the Presidency. But you see, you cannot get the Presidency of Nigeria by threats or by shouting victimhood. This is a political process and you have to engage other parts of Nigeria to convince them to support you.

“That is what everyone does. That is what Jonathan did in 2011; that is what Buhari did in 2015 and 2019. That is what every President does. You don’t stay in your corner, abuse everyone in Nigeria and say give me Presidency. It is not going to happen.”

He noted that no region in Nigeria can attain the Presidency without the support of others.

The governor advised those who want to be President to get on the road and convince people that you mean well for them.

He, however, explained that the All Progressives Congress is weak in the South-East which may not favour the region.

El-Rufai added, “Presidency is not by allocation. It is the result of a political process. You join a political party, your party negotiates with other parts of the country and it happens. That is how it is done. And you cannot get it by sitting down or threatening secession. It won’t work.

“I think the South-East is going about it the wrong way because if you look at the APC for instance, we do not have many footprints in the South-East.”
https://punchng.com/you-cant-get-presidency-by-threatening-secession-el-rufai-tells-igbo/
I do not agree with ElRufai in many things, but this is exactly what I wrote some days ago. Ibo will achieve nothing bullying others. Rather, they should start negotiating.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: You Won’t Get Presidency By Threatening Secession, El-rufai Clears Igbo by KunleyY19(m): 8:09pm On May 07, 2021
Knockout...
Shots fired.
1-0 gringringrin

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: You Won’t Get Presidency By Threatening Secession, El-rufai Clears Igbo by iampeterben(m): 8:09pm On May 07, 2021
I feel its time for the North Central to occupy power, I mean the middle belt.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You Won’t Get Presidency By Threatening Secession, El-rufai Clears Igbo by knowhowk: 8:12pm On May 07, 2021
Should seccesion Intension be linked to Presidential Position ? I thought they have the right ,It's more than 100k Years now 1914 to 2014 ....Why all these Gimmicks ,Is Marriage by Force ...
Re: You Won’t Get Presidency By Threatening Secession, El-rufai Clears Igbo by flokii: 8:13pm On May 07, 2021
El-rufai so fun won.. tell them, let them know!
Blackmailing won't get them anywhere, not to talk of Aso rock.

Where is APGA (Igbo dominated party) today? DEAD
Where is PDP today? IN COMA

Now they want to be president under APC.. the "ewedu muslim" party as they say, formed by Yorubas and North. Kolewerk

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: You Won’t Get Presidency By Threatening Secession, El-rufai Clears Igbo by Amaechi2023(m): 8:13pm On May 07, 2021
Cyberterror:

Igbos have to fear El Rufai. The man has special hatred for us. Why must he make that kind of embarrassing comment?
as though igbos like him.
He's blunt here, you can't like those who hate you.
Na only Jesus do like that..

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Won’t Get Presidency By Threatening Secession, El-rufai Clears Igbo by Chatflick(m): 8:13pm On May 07, 2021
Re: You Won’t Get Presidency By Threatening Secession, El-rufai Clears Igbo by Sicilyjoe: 8:14pm On May 07, 2021
He is 100% correct on this, I knew 90% will read only the headlines and start to comment rubbish

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: You Won’t Get Presidency By Threatening Secession, El-rufai Clears Igbo by Nobody: 8:14pm On May 07, 2021
So you are the lecturer who tells his students that they won't pass his course if they don't buy his handout?You can't dictate terms with anybody.patapata na vice president una dey always give others while the president I for the north alone.
Re: You Won’t Get Presidency By Threatening Secession, El-rufai Clears Igbo by Weathered: 8:14pm On May 07, 2021
This midget is irrelevant and is no way a stakeholder in the 2023 project.

Pay him no mind.
Re: You Won’t Get Presidency By Threatening Secession, El-rufai Clears Igbo by UnabashedIPOB: 8:14pm On May 07, 2021
Kaduna State Governor, Nasir el-Rufai, says although he believes the South should produce the next President, the people of the South-East must note that they cannot get the Presidential seat by threatening others with secession

First of all, let me say to the Little Finger in Kaduna, Nasarawa El Rufian, who the f**k are you to dictate who becomes the PRESIDIOT of ZOOGERIA? We, in the Southeast don't give a f**k about your presidency. You can stick in your damn ass. Who wants to inhabit the same space as you freaking M0R0N? You and your PRESIDIOT can go to HELL and BURN to ASHES for all we care.

2 Likes

Re: You Won’t Get Presidency By Threatening Secession, El-rufai Clears Igbo by Nobody: 8:15pm On May 07, 2021
but did they ask of presidency? they say them wan go... not presidency
Re: You Won’t Get Presidency By Threatening Secession, El-rufai Clears Igbo by IPIGSRMUMU: 8:15pm On May 07, 2021
Danm, I love this guy. Fearless and smart man.

Best performing Governor in Nigeria.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: You Won’t Get Presidency By Threatening Secession, El-rufai Clears Igbo by Insecurity(m): 8:15pm On May 07, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:

I do not agree with ElRufai in many things, but this is exactly what I wrote some days ago. Ibo will achieve nothing bullying others. Rather, they should start negotiating.
They don't want to be part of this contraps, they want out . Is that very difficult to understand
Re: You Won’t Get Presidency By Threatening Secession, El-rufai Clears Igbo by MI6Surveillance: 8:17pm On May 07, 2021
Ok
Re: You Won’t Get Presidency By Threatening Secession, El-rufai Clears Igbo by Nobody: 8:17pm On May 07, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:

negotiating for what exactly? you meant to say begging? begging to leave? does that make sense to you?
Re: You Won’t Get Presidency By Threatening Secession, El-rufai Clears Igbo by wwwihy: 8:18pm On May 07, 2021
“Presidency is not by allocation. It is the result of a political process. You join a political party, your party negotiates with other parts of the country and it happens. That is how it is done. And you cannot get it by sitting down or threatening secession. It won’t work.

“I think the South-East is going about it the wrong way because if you look at the APC for instance, we do not have many footprints in the South-East.”

Forget APC ticket

What about PDP ticket..... picture below says it all

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: You Won’t Get Presidency By Threatening Secession, El-rufai Clears Igbo by wiseoneking: 8:18pm On May 07, 2021
pricklewane:
Chai ! Jews don suffer for this man hand.
See the small man holding the tribes of cowards by the jugular.
Tribes of cowards? Can you boldly repeat and convince yourself of that phrase again? Chicken!

2 Likes

Re: You Won’t Get Presidency By Threatening Secession, El-rufai Clears Igbo by Steinmann: 8:19pm On May 07, 2021
El rufai that is a product of QUOTA system when it is IGBOs turn for presidency will state speaking strange GREEK. Extend that same quota system for fairness and equity.
Re: You Won’t Get Presidency By Threatening Secession, El-rufai Clears Igbo by vengertime: 8:20pm On May 07, 2021
Says a terrorist
Re: You Won’t Get Presidency By Threatening Secession, El-rufai Clears Igbo by ceejayluv(m): 8:21pm On May 07, 2021
How the hell will an ibo presidency help me as an ibo person?
Re: You Won’t Get Presidency By Threatening Secession, El-rufai Clears Igbo by realstars: 8:21pm On May 07, 2021
Is He Looking For V.P?
Re: You Won’t Get Presidency By Threatening Secession, El-rufai Clears Igbo by jaxxy(m): 8:21pm On May 07, 2021
This lying and incompetent governor. U had bandits sorrounded by army and Air Force bt they escaped and change location? And u cudnt do anything again.

Imagine the dumb statements.
Re: You Won’t Get Presidency By Threatening Secession, El-rufai Clears Igbo by zanshi: 8:23pm On May 07, 2021
Northerners have been shittn their pants lately because of the calls of secession anything to distract or buy time. One thing that is clear is that this contraption is not working and the Igbo's and Yoruba's are trying to work out a formation to have a country of their own, the Northerners should wake up to these realities and plan, these young folks are radicals and you cant dough them like 1960's.

El-Rufari was blabbing many years ago like he was the next best thing to get into politics because back then he had unfettered access to spend Abuja's budget unhinged and that Nigeria had it good economically then. Now he is the Governor of state and one would think he would be able to replicate what he did in Abuja then but his tenure as a two time Gov was an utter mess. Did he suddenly run out of luck?
Re: You Won’t Get Presidency By Threatening Secession, El-rufai Clears Igbo by IPIGSRMUMU: 8:23pm On May 07, 2021
This man just spoke the truth and nothing but the truth. The problem is that some people don't like o hear the truth, they live on denials and lies.

Honestly this is the guy that Nigeria needs as a leader. Fearless and honest. Not like other politicians that will just dance around the topic.
Most politicians are scared of losing election hence they will simply say what they think people want to hear. This guy doesn't give a Flying fvck about elections. he speaks his mind.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: You Won’t Get Presidency By Threatening Secession, El-rufai Clears Igbo by SmartPolician: 8:23pm On May 07, 2021
pricklewane:
Chai ! Jews don suffer for this man hand.
See the small man holding the tribes of cowards by the jugular.

There's nothing like suffering here. He responded to a question and that answer makes perfect sense.

The problem is that many Igbos seem to have lost interest in Nigeria. In truth, there's nothing appealing about Nigeria's presidency.

Just restructure the country or balkanize it so that people can manage their units the way they want to.

1 Like

Re: You Won’t Get Presidency By Threatening Secession, El-rufai Clears Igbo by LyfeJennings(m): 8:24pm On May 07, 2021
The guy no dey lie now

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You Won’t Get Presidency By Threatening Secession, El-rufai Clears Igbo by bigcasava1(m): 8:25pm On May 07, 2021
We don't need it. Bleep off are the north better off than us. Have you seen Igbo man living in forest
Re: You Won’t Get Presidency By Threatening Secession, El-rufai Clears Igbo by onuman: 8:25pm On May 07, 2021
pricklewane:
Kaduna State Governor, Nasir el-Rufai, says although he believes the South should produce the next President, the people of the South-East must note that they cannot get the Presidential seat by threatening others with secession.

El-Rufai further stated that politics has to do with negotiations and convincing others why they should vote for you.

He, therefore, stated that the Igbo would need to adopt this approach if they want their son to succeed the current President.

The governor said this during a webinar organised by the Africa Leadership Group. The event which was tagged: ‘Developing a Viable Nation 2’ was hosted by Pastor of Trinity House church Ituah Ighodalo.

Responding to a question on why the South-East is being denied the Presidency, el-Rufai responded, “I don’t think anyone has stopped the South-East from going for the Presidency. But you see, you cannot get the Presidency of Nigeria by threats or by shouting victimhood. This is a political process and you have to engage other parts of Nigeria to convince them to support you.

“That is what everyone does. That is what Jonathan did in 2011; that is what Buhari did in 2015 and 2019. That is what every President does. You don’t stay in your corner, abuse everyone in Nigeria and say give me Presidency. It is not going to happen.”

He noted that no region in Nigeria can attain the Presidency without the support of others.

The governor advised those who want to be President to get on the road and convince people that you mean well for them.

He, however, explained that the All Progressives Congress is weak in the South-East which may not favour the region.

El-Rufai added, “Presidency is not by allocation. It is the result of a political process. You join a political party, your party negotiates with other parts of the country and it happens. That is how it is done. And you cannot get it by sitting down or threatening secession. It won’t work.

I think the South-East is going about it the wrong way because if you look at the APC for instance, we do not have many footprints in the South-East.
https://punchng.com/you-cant-get-presidency-by-threatening-secession-el-rufai-tells-igbo/
After your Buhari has led Nigeria under the pit. Nigeria has scattered.

Parasites must go to their Islamic Sharia Republic in the 12 northern sharia states which the political and religious leaders of the sharia states drew its boundaries when they adopted unconstitutional Islamic Sharia criminal laws between 1999-2001.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Major, Captain, Others Held For Leaking Information To Boko Haram / Nigeria Is Negotiable, Say Soyinka, Dickson, Others / "Dem just call you to bar": Adeyanju, Sowore face-off with EFCC guards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.