Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,070 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:56 AM

ISIS And Al-qaeda Planning To Penetrate Southern Nigeria, US Warns - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / ISIS And Al-qaeda Planning To Penetrate Southern Nigeria, US Warns (1078 Views)

Their Bullets Couldn’t Penetrate My Body - Oba Adebayo Fatoba On How He Escaped / Eiye Cult Leader Beaten To Death After Gunshots Refused To Penetrate His Body. / ‘When I Hold This Charm, Nothing Can Penetrate Me’- Robbery Suspect. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ISIS And Al-qaeda Planning To Penetrate Southern Nigeria, US Warns by legallyminded: 10:53pm On May 07, 2021
ISIS and Al-Qaeda planning to penetrate Southern Nigeria, US warns
The United States has warned that Al-Qaeda and ISIS are planning to penetrate Southern Nigeria.
The US also said Al-Qaeda has started penetrating the north-western part of Nigeria.
In a media briefing seen by TheCable, Dagvin Anderson, Commander of the US special operations command, Africa, said Al-Qaeda is also expanding to other parts of West Africa.
Anderson said the US will continue to partner with Nigeria in sharing intelligence.
"We have engaged with Nigeria and continue to engage with them in intel sharing and in understanding what these violent extremists are doing," he said.
"And that has been absolutely critical to their engagements up in the Borno state and into an emerging area of northwest Nigeria that we’re seeing al-Qaeda starting to make some inroads in.
"So, this intelligence sharing is absolutely vital and we stay fully engaged with the government of Nigeria to provide them with an understanding of what these terrorists are doing, what Boko Haram is doing, what ISIS-West Africa is doing, and how ISIS and al-Qaeda are looking to expand further south into the littoral areas."
Anderson added that for international efforts to yield desired results in the fight against terrorism in Nigeria, the government must take the lead.
"When it comes to Nigeria in general, Nigeria, obviously, is a critical nation to West Africa. It is a critical nation and we realise that Nigeria is a lynchpin," he said.

Source:
https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2021/5/isis-and-al-qaeda-planning-to-penetrate-southern-nigeria-us-warns-2.html
Re: ISIS And Al-qaeda Planning To Penetrate Southern Nigeria, US Warns by legallyminded: 10:55pm On May 07, 2021
Please the mods should push this to front page
Re: ISIS And Al-qaeda Planning To Penetrate Southern Nigeria, US Warns by Hashabiah: 10:59pm On May 07, 2021
The only way Boko-haram and all the other islamic psychopaths can penetrate the south is if leaders in the south start placing money above the safety of the region and its people.

3 Likes

Re: ISIS And Al-qaeda Planning To Penetrate Southern Nigeria, US Warns by harakiri(m): 11:05pm On May 07, 2021
Hashabiah:
The only way Boko-haram and all the other islamic psychopaths can penetrate the south is if leaders in the south start placing money above the safety of the region and its people.

All blacks (leaders) are sell outs. Tinubu is sharing rice in the north while oduduwa land is being razed by Fulani. Umahi invited army to kill his own kindred. Need I say more?

End of!!!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ISIS And Al-qaeda Planning To Penetrate Southern Nigeria, US Warns by Hashabiah: 11:08pm On May 07, 2021
harakiri:

All blacks (leaders) are sell outs. Tinubu is sharing rice in the north while oduduwa land is being razed by Fulani. Umahi invited army to kill his own kindred. Need I say more?

End of!!!
Not entirely true. For Boko-haram to penetrate, there has to be followers of radical Islam in the south. And from my observation, most southern chaps aren't really given to extremism

1 Like

Re: ISIS And Al-qaeda Planning To Penetrate Southern Nigeria, US Warns by ifex370(m): 11:11pm On May 07, 2021
And the southerners like always will keep praying.

I'm not saying God doesn't work wonders through prayers but guys... Common!!

3 Likes

Re: ISIS And Al-qaeda Planning To Penetrate Southern Nigeria, US Warns by booblacain(m): 11:12pm On May 07, 2021
they are the real ISIS.

1 Like

Re: ISIS And Al-qaeda Planning To Penetrate Southern Nigeria, US Warns by booblacain(m): 11:13pm On May 07, 2021
Hashabiah:
Not entirely true. For Boko-haram to penetrate, there has to be followers of radical Islam in the south. And from my observation, most southern chaps aren't really given to extremism

e go shock you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: ISIS And Al-qaeda Planning To Penetrate Southern Nigeria, US Warns by poshestmina(f): 11:26pm On May 07, 2021
What is it with this people for pete's sake undecided

Always going about causing confusions, bloodshed.
Useless religion!

2 Likes

Re: ISIS And Al-qaeda Planning To Penetrate Southern Nigeria, US Warns by peteregwu(m): 11:27pm On May 07, 2021
Hashabiah:

How about kwara that is stoll planning to establish sharia in that state? Stay there, dem go shock you. You don't know how Islam works. It's a blood Covenant.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ISIS And Al-qaeda Planning To Penetrate Southern Nigeria, US Warns by peteregwu(m): 11:28pm On May 07, 2021
poshestmina:
What is it with this people for pete's sake undecided

Always going about causing confusions, bloodshed.
Useless religion!

Pls that's my name you try mentioning. I am not part of isis. grin
Re: ISIS And Al-qaeda Planning To Penetrate Southern Nigeria, US Warns by Hashabiah: 11:45pm On May 07, 2021
peteregwu:

How about kwara that is stoll planning to establish sharia in that state? Stay there, dem go shock you. You don't know how Islam works. It's a blood Covenant.
Brother, the average yoruba man is not an extremist. And it is only through extremism that terrorism can express itself
Re: ISIS And Al-qaeda Planning To Penetrate Southern Nigeria, US Warns by SoBright101: 3:32am On May 08, 2021
They would definitely jeopardize the life of northerners in the south.
Re: ISIS And Al-qaeda Planning To Penetrate Southern Nigeria, US Warns by abeniagbon(m): 6:24am On May 08, 2021
Make we kukuma go our different way
Re: ISIS And Al-qaeda Planning To Penetrate Southern Nigeria, US Warns by peteregwu(m): 8:07am On May 08, 2021
Hashabiah:
Brother, the average yoruba man is not an extremist. And it is only through extremism that terrorism can express itself

Well, you are right, I can attest to that. I have lived in the west for such a long time and I know quite well they are not extremist.
Re: ISIS And Al-qaeda Planning To Penetrate Southern Nigeria, US Warns by Jakumo(m): 8:39am On May 08, 2021
If US authorities are certain about the veracity of intelligence reports suggesting an imminent ISIS invasion of Nigeria's southern flanks, then it behooves the USA to QUICKLY establish drone landing strips and military bases all over the south of Nigeria, so as to position itself to launch rapid deployment precision drone strikes wherever the virgin hunters are noted in satellite or drone imagery.

In today's technological world there is no need for large-scale deployment of American foot soldiers under the archaic doctrine of "boots on the ground", given the advances in drone technology that have been accomplished over the past decade. An invasion of southern Nigeria by Al Queda or ISIS terror cult gangs will pose a clear and present danger to the USA and the Western world, because training camps for terrorists with global reach, would be established in a very short period of time, if such activities are not quelled with extreme prejudice by drone firepower in the early stages of the game.

Uncle Sam, NOW is your chance to seek Nigeria's permission to establish drone bases all over Nigeria as a matter of EXTREME strategic urgency. In this regard, President Joe Biden must reach out to Nigerian President Buhari NOW, to finalize plans for the swift establishment of drone bases all over Nigeria BEFORE the proverbial chit hits the fan, and terror training bases start to sprout all over Africas most populous nation.
Re: ISIS And Al-qaeda Planning To Penetrate Southern Nigeria, US Warns by harakiri(m): 7:43pm On May 08, 2021
Hashabiah:

They don't need to be extremists. They simply sell out and let the marauders do the rest. Look at the south (SE especially).... Fulani have been maiming, raping,robbing,kidnapping and killing for years....what did the govt do? NOTHING!!! The moment the victims began defending themselves, they send in the military to destroy the very victims.

Does that make any sense? This is a scenario that has replayed itself over and over and over again in several regions in Nigeria.
Re: ISIS And Al-qaeda Planning To Penetrate Southern Nigeria, US Warns by Hashabiah: 7:57pm On May 08, 2021
harakiri:

They don't need to be extremists. They simply sell out and let the marauders do the rest. Look at the south (SE especially).... Fulani have been maiming, raping,robbing,kidnapping and killing for years....what did the govt do? NOTHING!!! The moment the victims began defending themselves, they send in the military to destroy the very victims.

Does that make any sense? This is a scenario that has replayed itself over and over and over again in several regions in Nigeria.

You can't use the southeast as a yardstick to judge the southwest in this instance. What you've failed the understand that the southwest is not having the same nature of insecurity the southeast is having. In the the east, there are several groups agitating : you have IPOB, Militants, and all sorts of miscreants causing havoc in the region so if Boko-haram or ISWAP takes over that region is quite understandable because there are multiple lapses in the security structure. But this is not so in the southwest.
Re: ISIS And Al-qaeda Planning To Penetrate Southern Nigeria, US Warns by harakiri(m): 8:10pm On May 08, 2021
Hashabiah:
You can't use the southeast as a yardstick to judge the southwest in this instance. What you've failed the understand that the southwest is not having the same nature of insecurity the southeast is having. In the the east, there are several groups agitating : you have IPOB, Militants, and all sorts of miscreants causing havoc in the region so if Boko-haram or ISWAP takes over that region is quite understandable because there are multiple lapses in the security structure. But this is not so in the southwest.

If your assertion is true, why are mega battalions of yorubas seeking asylum in neighboring countries? Hmmmm? Why am I bedevilled with more news of Fulani attacks in the SW than the SE? Hmmm? Why was Wakili the so called blind old man arrested for coordinating most of the herdsmen attacks in the SW? Hmmm? Nobody remembers that case anymore even though its less than 2 months old.

Do I need to start posting hundreds of links here to buttress my point? Hmmm?
Re: ISIS And Al-qaeda Planning To Penetrate Southern Nigeria, US Warns by Hashabiah: 8:18pm On May 08, 2021
harakiri:

If your assertion is true, why are mega battalions of yorubas seeking asylum in neighboring countries? Hmmmm? Why am I bedevilled with more news of Fulani attacks in the SW than the SW? Hmmm? Why was Wakili the so called blind old man arrested for coordinating most of the herdsmen attacks in the SW? Hmmm? Nobody remembers that case anymore even though its less than 2 months old.

Do I need to starting post hundreds of links here to buttress my point? Hmmm?
Oga, do you read the news at all? How can a handful from the population of Nigeria now become a battalion? For your information, no "battalion" is seeking refuge. And the only ones recorded were some settlers in Ogun who fled to Benin republic, and those ones are too few to be called a battalion. Another thing to point out to you is that, the yoruba people(for now) aren't really serious in flushing out fulanis from the bushes. But by the time the likes of Sunday and co gather momentum, no Fulani will be anywhere on yoruba soil
Re: ISIS And Al-qaeda Planning To Penetrate Southern Nigeria, US Warns by harakiri(m): 8:43pm On May 08, 2021
Hashabiah:
Oga, do you read the news at all? How can a handful from the population of Nigeria now become a battalion? For your information, no "battalion" is seeking refuge. And the only ones recorded were some settlers in Ogun who fled to Benin republic, and those ones are too few to be called a battalion. Another thing to point out to you is that, the yoruba people(for now) aren't really serious in flushing out fulanis from the bushes. But by the time the likes of Sunday and co gather momentum, no Fulani will be anywhere on yoruba soil

That "handful" are displaced human beings. Put yourself in their shoes for a minute. Fulani and Yoruba have been allies since the kiriji wars (maybe before then). The Afonja and Alaafin matter made them sell out themselves and today Kwara state is officially governed and owned by Fulani. The Kaliph is expanding hence the so called "herdsmen" attacks. Ask yourself..why now? You think this is about cows? Why does the govt do nothing yet send in soldiers when indigenes defend themselves? Can things get more abnormal than that?

Yorubas themselves don't like themselves hence they CANNOT build a formidable front. Moslen/Christian differences will always be a barrier. That is why when Igboho started blowing hot, it was Yoruba Moslems that shut him down. Apart from the recent attack at his house, has he been active ever since?

Ordinary COWVIC 21 plot to boycott cow meat, Yoruba ppl couldn't cooperate for just 48 hrs yet KANU can lock down the entire east for 1 month and even chickens won't come out.

What are you saying man?

(1) (Reply)

Father Christmas Decends From A Very High Building (pic/video) / Nigerian Man Sentenced To Jail For Travelling From Scotland To Leeds To See A 13 / Come And See The Worst Serial Killers From Different Countries,Including Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.