Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,472 members, 7,823,097 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:30 AM

Pls, Pray For Muslims - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pls, Pray For Muslims (761 Views)

Fellow Christian,that Do Seek Christ.pls Pray A Lot For This Coming Month Nov. / Pls Pray For My Friend / Pls Pray For Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls, Pray For Muslims by airzzee(m): 8:05am On Apr 26, 2011
After reading this portion of the Bible:

‎11. And the Angel of the Lord said to her (Hagar): “Behold, you are with child, And you shall bear a son. You shall call his name Ishmael, Because the Lord has heard your affliction.

12. HE SHALL BE A WILD MAN; His hand shall be against every man, And every man’s hand against him. And he shall dwell in the presence of all his brethren.” (Gen 16: 11-12) NKJV

I thought we should pray for our Moslem brothers for God to visit them with His grace & mercies, which is what Christianity is all about.
Re: Pls, Pray For Muslims by Sweetnecta: 11:52am On Apr 26, 2011
ignorance of the bible is in the above verse,

Ishmael was not a wild child. show me a single wild thing he did, if you have not been taken in by the evil writers of that very verse?

was Isaac the good child turn out to be better? hardly. he lost his sight. his wife and a son betrayed him and betrayed their son and brother.

the grandsons sold one of their own into slavery.

they became slaves in egypt, according to the bible.

they walked for 40 years a distance of only 40 days because of their evil deeds. they killed everyone along the way in the process.

they try to circumvent one another,and killed many of their religious leaders. they were made captives by invading forces many times.

they killed you god. maybe you forgot that.

they were killed by hitler who never forgot that they kill his god anf your god.

now tell me how Ishmael the beloved of his father, the son of circumcision, who was peaceful and obedient to God suddenly became will and his hands were on everyone and everyone's hands were on him, while Isaac the great grandfather of the jews with the above was not the wild child and his hands and other people;s hands were not on one another?

the neighbors in the middle east didn't complain about Ishmael. if you have any proof, present it. one will be enough to water down what i listed above and at the same support your claim.
Re: Pls, Pray For Muslims by Alagbede7(m): 5:52pm On Apr 26, 2011
Christianity should remain unaffected everything, ONLY to Christians ,
Re: Pls, Pray For Muslims by dare2think: 7:24pm On Apr 26, 2011
undecided

how do you know God has not visited them?

People with your ideology is what is wrong with religion.
Re: Pls, Pray For Muslims by airzzee(m): 8:17pm On Apr 26, 2011
Sweetnecta:

ignorance of the bible is in the above verse,

Ishmael was not a wild child. show me a single wild thing he did, if you have not been taken in by the evil writers of that very verse?

I think u misunderstand the intention of this writing. I just quoted the Bible, & u are saying "Ignorance of the Bible." Perhaps, u read the passage with a huge bias. Prithee, read it again.

No doubts, the people of Israel killed, but that was before the coming of Christ. Christ preached, "Bless/pray for your enemies, bless for those who persecute you; do NOT curse." Hence my post. If u want me to tell more about Christianity, I would gladly do that.

dare2think:

undecided

how do you know God has not visited them?

People with your ideology is what is wrong with religion.

I am surprised how this peaceful comment can generate so much anger & hatred. I can imagine where all our problems are coming from.
Re: Pls, Pray For Muslims by dare2think: 9:22pm On Apr 26, 2011
airzzee:

I am surprised how this peaceful comment can generate so much anger & hatred. I can imagine where all our problems are coming from.

Maybe you need to be more comprehensive about what you are implying.

There is no hint of anger and hatred in what i posted.
I just find your statement funny, or maybe i'm misunderstanding it, if so, pls explain what you mean.

What is wrong with  our muslim brothers that they need our prayers?

(1) (Reply)

Too Late, Too Late - There Is Nothing I Can Do About It - Jesus! / Pope Benedict Prays For End To Violence In Nigeria / Make No Mistake About This :

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.