Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,414 members, 7,822,931 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:41 PM

Switching Jobs: Career Advice Needed! - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Switching Jobs: Career Advice Needed! (7338 Views)

Switching From Account To Tech / Switching From Chemistry To Chemical Engineering / Career Advice: Should I Leave The Private Sector For The Public Sector? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Switching Jobs: Career Advice Needed! by decollex(m): 12:15pm On May 09, 2021
Pray.
You will sure get direction.
It works like magic.
Re: Switching Jobs: Career Advice Needed! by kboycrew: 12:16pm On May 09, 2021
Let your choice of job be guided by your goals in life and not necessarily financial rewards.
Always aspire to move closer to your life goals.
You will have a fulfilled life
Re: Switching Jobs: Career Advice Needed! by Connected1: 12:57pm On May 09, 2021
I don't know about you but I am out to make money and not experience.
Companies can dump you anytime they want.
I will advise you go for the one with the bigger pay.
Re: Switching Jobs: Career Advice Needed! by Forex122: 2:02pm On May 09, 2021
Look at their salary structures and the plans the firm has for their staff after retiring.

This would give u a clear picture on the best offer.
Re: Switching Jobs: Career Advice Needed! by hardbody: 3:16pm On May 09, 2021
BarrElChapo:
Leave for the new place, by November you'd decide whether to move to Kenya or stick with them. Besides it's good for your resume as you'd have gotten invaluable work experience in different organisations which is a plus for your future growth and development, career wise. Goodluck

Great piece of advise. Echoed my response.

1 Like

Re: Switching Jobs: Career Advice Needed! by Originalsly: 4:33pm On May 09, 2021
Hmmm..... your destination is Kenya International.... you're at the crossroads... do you get to Kenya via the Present Job Lome route? ... or via New Job Lome route?

If the Kenya job is of international standards and practices.... then I suggest you remain in the present job and extend the contract. Reason being your resume will indicate that you have job commitment. If you jump to new job... and after a few months jump to Kenya.... why wouldn't the company believe that you see jobs as spring boards?... why should you be hired or promoted when you will leap off at first oppportunity?.. why invest in you? ... a job unstable applicant?

If the salary and benefits in New Job Lome are significantly better than your present job then I suggest you take the new job. Reason being what if for unforeseen reasons the Kenyan job is no longer available? ... wouldn't it be a missed opportunity and you be stuck in Old Job Lome?
Life is full of risks ... nothing like safety is guaranteed. You need to weigh how solid the Kenya offer is before making a decision. After stirring up the dust......I now withdraw my hand from this matter!
Re: Switching Jobs: Career Advice Needed! by TheresaMarii(f): 6:16pm On May 09, 2021
Wow... I appreciate all the advice given. God bless you all�.
Merci!

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Basics Of Professional PR In Nigeria / Career Choice After Studying Marketing? / What Yardstick Would You Use To Measure Success In Your Career

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.