Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,362 members, 7,957,972 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 06:12 AM

Preaching Is Secondary - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Preaching Is Secondary (151 Views)

Moment Lady Harassed Street Preacher For Preaching Against Homosexuality(photos) / ❤️Grace Preaching Is Not A License To Sin, God Forbid: But We Are Saved Forever / See The Church Where A Reverend Father Was Spotted Preaching That Has Gone Viral (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Preaching Is Secondary by davidinchrist(m): 9:52am On May 09, 2021
Preaching and quoting lots of Bible verses alone cannot save anyone, neither is doing lots of church activities the proof of salvation. In fact, many on the pulpit, pastors, choirs, church workers are terribly lost; it was better before they became all that.

Many are under the roofs of preaching or memorizing lots of scriptures, and maybe doing lots of church or religious activities as grounds for their righteousness, instead of seeking grace to OBEY Jesus according to the new testament first.

John 14:15. If you love me, OBEY my commandments. (NOT about activities or sacrifices first: OBEDIENCE IS BETTER THAN SACRIFICE)

Jesus said one's righteousness must be greater than that of the Pharisees (old testament standard) to enter God's kingdom. Which means one has got to be clean inwardly first according to his commands: obedience must be rooted in the heart first, not just outwardly to impress people or get the honour of being such a Holy Person.

Jesus spent 30 years living to please the Father without preaching or getting into any ministry, but spent the three and a half years remaining doing his ministry according to the Father's will.

We know the stories of people like Solomon, who even wrote scriptures but ended up badly with strange women and idolatry in the process. How about Judas, we sometimes forget that Judas was at some point right with Jesus: he was actually among the Twelve, but greed or the love of MONEY caught up with him. How about the devil? He was actually a great ANGEL before, but Pride stopped his good career with God.

There's no time to talk about others like Demas (love of the world), Gihazi (love of Money), Prophet Balaam (love of Money and encouraging fornication in the process), the rich young ruler (love of himself and his possessions MORE than God), etc.

Many small and great Pastors or Prophets and church founders today are already following the errors of these mentioned above, even though they might have great Bible knowledge and other gifts. But we should not be DECEIVED by great Bible knowledge or great gifts or signs and wonders.

By their Fruits we shall know them, NOT Gifts.

A person like Paul was very cautious about these possible errors above, so he said:

1Cor.9.27 - No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have PREACHED to others, I myself will not be DISQUALIFIED for the prize.

Hence, we must be sure to WITHDRAW ourselves from such men or women not walking the right path of Jesus.

2Thess.3.6 - But WE COMMAND YOU, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you WITHDRAW from every brother who walks DISORDERLY and NOT according to the tradition which he received from us (after the life of Christ).

Matt.15.14 - LEAVE THEM; they are Blind guides. If a blind man LEADS a blind man, BOTH will fall into a pit (HELL)."

Let him/her that has ears to hear, hear...

God bless.

(1) (Reply)

Special Message From Pastor E.a.adeboye / Why Some Christians Are Liabilities / Use The Grace Of Jesus Christ Crucified Now Appropriately

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.