Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,533 members, 7,823,319 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:40 AM

❤️Grace Preaching Is Not A License To Sin, God Forbid: But We Are Saved Forever - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / ❤️Grace Preaching Is Not A License To Sin, God Forbid: But We Are Saved Forever (618 Views)

⚫⚫ Once you are Saved then you are saved forever for all Eternity / Why Once Saved Always Saved Is Not A License To Sin / "Once Saved, Forever Saved": Wrong And Unscriptural! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

❤️Grace Preaching Is Not A License To Sin, God Forbid: But We Are Saved Forever by Bishopkingsley(m): 7:07pm On Nov 04, 2021
❤️❤️❤️❤️

Grace preaching is not a license to sin : God forbid : rather it is God who makes us stand forever

The term hyper-grace has been used to describe a new wave of teaching that emphasizes the grace of God to the exclusion of other vital teachings such as repentance and confession of sin.

Hyper-grace teachers maintain that all sin, past, present, and future, has already been forgiven which is true , so they add that there is no need for a believer to ever confess it which is wrong because we eat constantly at the feet of Jesus and confess and repents of any sin the holy spirit brings to our remembrance each day in order to have an intimate relationship with God .

Hyper-grace teaching says that, when God looks at us, He sees only a holy and righteous people. The conclusion of hyper-grace teaching is that we are not bound by Jesus’ teaching, even as we are not under the Law; that believers are not responsible for their sin; and that anyone who disagrees is a pharisaical legalist. In short, hyper-grace teachers “pervert the grace of our God into a license for immorality” (Jude 1:4) and flirt with antinomianism.

Jesus’ words to the seven churches in the book of Revelation strongly contradict the idea that Christians never need to repent. To the church at Ephesus, Jesus said, “Consider how far you have fallen! Repent and do the things you did at first. If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place” (Revelation 2:4). Jesus rebukes five of the seven churches and demands repentance from them (Revelation 2:4, 6, 20; 3:3, 15–19). Far from believers being unaccountable for their sin, they must answer to Jesus for their disobedience (see also 2 Corinthians 5:10).

Preachers of hyper-grace doctrine discount the Old Testament and the Ten Commandments as irrelevant to New Testament believers. They even teach that Jesus’ words spoken before His resurrection are part of the Old Covenant and no longer applicable to born-again believers. But is this true?

In Mark 13:31, Jesus said, “Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.” Before Jesus ascended into heaven, He promised that the Father would send the Holy Spirit who “will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you” (John 14:26). If Jesus’ words are no longer applicable to believers, why would we need to be reminded of them?

Hyper-grace teaching is a good example of mixing truth with error. An emphasis on the beauty and power of God’s grace is good, but some teachers are neglecting what Paul called the “whole counsel of God” (Acts 20:27). For example, it is true that Christians have been forgiven by God. But that doesn’t mean we never have to confess our sin. James 5:16 says, “Confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed.” If we are to confess our sins to each other, why would we not need to confess them to God, since every sin is ultimately a sin against God (Psalm 51:4)?

Also, 1 John 1:9 gives clear instruction to believers about confessing sin. It begins with the word if: “If we confess our sin, He is faithful and just to forgive our sin and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” This is a cause/effect statement implying that we cannot have the second without the first. As blood-bought children of God, we do not continue to confess our sin in order to be saved from hell. We confess and repent in order to reestablish an intimate relationship with our Father. We are “positionally righteous” but “practically sinful.”

To counter this argument, hyper-grace preachers deny that John’s letters were written to believers. However, 1 John 2:1 begins with this: “My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have an advocate with the Father—Jesus Christ, the Righteous One.” John is clearly writing to believers whom he personally knew. He indicates that his believing friends may indeed sin, and that, when they do, they need to confess it.

Hyper-grace preachers also claim the Holy Spirit will never convict Christians of their sin. Mature Christians should recognize this fallacy right away. Every disciple of Christ has felt the overwhelming conviction of the Holy Spirit when he or she has sinned. Jesus calls the Holy Spirit “the Spirit of Truth” (John 15:26). Truth, by its very definition, will not tolerate anything false. When the Spirit of Truth abides in a believing heart (1 Corinthians 6:19), He brings conviction about anything that is not truth.

In summary, much of what the hyper-grace preachers teach is valid. We are indeed saved by grace, not our works (Ephesians 2:8–9). And God’s grace is marvelous, great, and free (1 Timothy 1:14). However, hyper-grace teaching is out of proportion to the rest of Scripture. Any time one doctrine is emphasized to the exclusion of the rest, we fall into error because we fail to “correctly handle” the Word (2 Timothy 2:15).

Jesus was full of both “grace and truth” (John 1:14). The two are in delicate balance, and a tip to either side can result in a false gospel. We must always compare any new teaching with the “whole counsel of God” and learn to disregard anything that veers even slightly from the truth (1 John 4:1).

1 Share

Re: ❤️Grace Preaching Is Not A License To Sin, God Forbid: But We Are Saved Forever by Damnfailure: 7:42pm On Nov 04, 2021
God is a goat

1 Like

Re: ❤️Grace Preaching Is Not A License To Sin, God Forbid: But We Are Saved Forever by Bishopkingsley(m): 7:45pm On Nov 04, 2021
Damnfailure:
God is a goat

Greatest of all time.... Right
Re: ❤️Grace Preaching Is Not A License To Sin, God Forbid: But We Are Saved Forever by Damnfailure: 7:51pm On Nov 04, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

Greatest of all time.... Right

No ewure

1 Like

Re: ❤️Grace Preaching Is Not A License To Sin, God Forbid: But We Are Saved Forever by Bishopkingsley(m): 7:55pm On Nov 04, 2021
Damnfailure:

No ewure

May God forgive you
Re: ❤️Grace Preaching Is Not A License To Sin, God Forbid: But We Are Saved Forever by Damnfailure: 7:56pm On Nov 04, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

May God forgive you

Cursed be God

1 Like

Re: ❤️Grace Preaching Is Not A License To Sin, God Forbid: But We Are Saved Forever by Bishopkingsley(m): 8:37pm On Nov 04, 2021
Damnfailure:

Cursed be God

The devil can make you to hate God when God actually loves you
Re: ❤️Grace Preaching Is Not A License To Sin, God Forbid: But We Are Saved Forever by Bishopkingsley(m): 4:58am On Nov 05, 2021
Holiness is a lifestyle of a saved child of God
Re: ❤️Grace Preaching Is Not A License To Sin, God Forbid: But We Are Saved Forever by Bishopkingsley(m): 10:47am On Nov 06, 2021
The laws of God are pure and holy but what actually saves you is the grace of God
Re: ❤️Grace Preaching Is Not A License To Sin, God Forbid: But We Are Saved Forever by Bishopkingsley(m): 5:51pm On Nov 07, 2021
Grace is good but we must obey the laws of God
Re: ❤️Grace Preaching Is Not A License To Sin, God Forbid: But We Are Saved Forever by Dtruthspeaker: 6:03pm On Nov 07, 2021
Bishopkingsley:
❤️❤️❤️❤️
Grace preaching is not a license to sin : God forbid :

So, a person who has been "saved before" as you say, if he sinned like Ananias and Sapphira after his forever saving, shall such be Condemned?
Re: ❤️Grace Preaching Is Not A License To Sin, God Forbid: But We Are Saved Forever by Bishopkingsley(m): 6:30pm On Nov 07, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

So, a person who has been "saved before" as you say, if he sinned like Ananias and Sapphira after his forever saving, shall such be Condemned?

Bible shows that you can die physical death and still make heaven if you are saved

You can see an example when a man was having sexual relationship with his mother in law

And Paul commanded for him to be handed over to Satan so he can be put to death and his spirit will saved at the end

Because once saved is for ever saved....

If Ananias and Sapphira were saved then they will still make heaven irrespective of their paying for sin which they committed

There is no prove Ananias and Sapphira were saved or not saved

Because Going to church is not a prove that you are saved
Re: ❤️Grace Preaching Is Not A License To Sin, God Forbid: But We Are Saved Forever by Dtruthspeaker: 3:17am On Nov 08, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

Bible shows that you can die physical death and still make heaven if you are saved

I did not ask you this.

Bishopkingsley:

You can see an example when a man was having sexual relationship with his mother in law

And Paul commanded for him to be handed over to Satan so he can be put to death and his spirit will saved at the end

Ehen? this is your comprehension of 1 Timothy 1:20? Hymenaeus and Alexander slept with their mother in law and were saved?

Wow! You are definitely of Unsound Mind, surely, this is worse than I knew before.

1 Like

Re: ❤️Grace Preaching Is Not A License To Sin, God Forbid: But We Are Saved Forever by Bishopkingsley(m): 4:11am On Nov 08, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

I did not ask you this.

Ehen? this is your comprehension of 1 Timothy 1:20? Hymenaeus and Alexander slept with their mother in law and were saved?

Wow! You are definitely of Unsound Mind, surely, this is worse than I knew before.

How is a saved soul forever saved thou they sin and physically die here we can see it below in one example here

1 Corinthians 5:5 ►
hand this man over to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, so that his spirit may be saved on the day of the Lord.

New Living Translation
Then you must throw this man out and hand him over to Satan so that his sinful nature will be destroyed and he himself will be saved on the day the Lord returns.

If this inspiration from God to Paul is not very clear to you then nothing from the Bible will ever be clear to

God clearly inspired Paul to teach us this principle......
........... so that his sinful nature will be destroyed and he himself will be saved on the day the Lord returns.

I bet you read this statement and still chose to fight what God inspired

Dtruthspeaker:

I have the mind of Christ Jesus
Because I keep following the words of the Holy Spirit the words of the scriptures

One thing I have always is I don't abuse people and will never accept it

Apologize for such words or it will definitely return to you

I don't engage in any insult so I won't bother to communicate with you until when you apologize

God bless you
Re: ❤️Grace Preaching Is Not A License To Sin, God Forbid: But We Are Saved Forever by Dtruthspeaker: 5:02am On Nov 08, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

I have the mind of Christ Jesus
Because I keep following the words of the Holy Spirit the words of the scriptures

One thing I have always is I don't abuse people and will never accept it

Apologize for such words or it will definitely return to you

I don't engage in any insult so I won't bother to communicate with you until when you apologize

God bless you

Ye ought to learn the difference between an abuse and a description of a certain activity on display. It is not an abuse if you look wild eyed crazy, speaking jibberish, and I therefore call you crazy, like Eli called Hannah drunk when he saw her.

So I do apologize for reading your statement in line with Timothy instead of Corinthians. I am sorry for offending you.

Bishopkingsley:

How is a saved soul forever saved thou they sin and physically die here we can see it below in one example here

hand this man over to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, so that his spirit may be saved on the day of the Lord.

You are still reading this in line with your Wish for nothing in that statement suggests or even implies a Forever Saving After Grace nor can it be stretched so.

For Paul had already declared the Judgement that Fornicators get the death sentence and the Corinthians did all manners of abominations, even to sleeping with their father's wives.

So definitely, he is not talking to people who are saved but teaching a people who are like Africans, that they would change from their sin full ways as verse 7 clearly said "Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a NEW LUMP..."

So you are Wrong!

Do not read the Word of God in line with your wishes and Desires.

It is not for God to follow you, IT IS FOR YOU TO FOLLOW GOD!
Re: ❤️Grace Preaching Is Not A License To Sin, God Forbid: But We Are Saved Forever by Bishopkingsley(m): 10:59am On Nov 08, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Ye ought to learn the difference between an abuse and a description of a certain activity on display. It is not an abuse if you look wild eyed crazy, speaking jibberish, and I therefore call you crazy, like Eli called Hannah drunk when he saw her.

So I do apologize for reading your statement in line with Timothy instead of Corinthians. I am sorry for offending you.

You are still reading this in line with your Wish for nothing in that statement suggests or even implies a Forever Saving After Grace nor can it be stretched so.

For Paul had already declared the Judgement that Fornicators get the death sentence and the Corinthians did all manners of abominations, even to sleeping with their father's wives.

So definitely, he is not talking to people who are saved but teaching a people who are like Africans, that they would change from their sin full ways as verse 7 clearly said "Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a NEW LUMP..."

So you are Wrong!

Do not read the Word of God in line with your wishes and Desires.

It is not for God to follow you, IT IS FOR YOU TO FOLLOW GOD!

I accept your apology

Now

My friend the problem you have is you don't explain specific things written in the Bible you just jump and bring your own wish

I did not wish any thing or add anything

I show you what Paul said you did not explain the truth that he said look at it again read it then explain to me what he said

New Living Translation
Then you must throw this man out and hand him over to Satan so that his sinful nature will be destroyed and he himself will be saved on the day the Lord returns.

Read this statement one million time it shows forever saved rule your problem with scriptural truth is that you don't know there are two types of death

Physical death and second death which is lake of fire
Because you don't know this any where you see death in the Bible you think it is talking about second death

Now bring any scripture that you think condemn forever saved rule and I will explain it to you that it never condemn once saved forever

I will try to show you forever saved scriptures and I know you are wishing it like your mind wants that sin leads to forever second death for saved believers but you are actually wrong because you don't know Bible

The thief on the cross did he not die physically because of his sin now how come he now is in paradise

Only God can open your eyes to see the wonderful things people who he saves benefit from

Question
Kindly explain that scripture

1 Corinthians 5:5

What does Paul mean destroy his body or flesh and save his spirit
Re: ❤️Grace Preaching Is Not A License To Sin, God Forbid: But We Are Saved Forever by Dtruthspeaker: 1:14pm On Nov 08, 2021
Bishopkingsley:
What does Paul mean destroy his body or flesh and save his spirit

Exactly what he has always said from Romans to Hebrews "flesh is enmity to God".

Galatians 5:17
For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

Everyone knows this!
Re: ❤️Grace Preaching Is Not A License To Sin, God Forbid: But We Are Saved Forever by Bishopkingsley(m): 2:08pm On Nov 08, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Exactly what he has always said from Romans to Hebrews "flesh is enmity to God".

Galatians 5:17
For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

Everyone knows this!

You have not explained anything
Because this place has no relationship with Galatians 5:17

Galatians 5:17...
Is not talking about the issue we are talking which is forever saved which first Corinthians is saying

But when you want to talk about sinful nature or sinful self nature that is only when you can use Galatians 5:17 and 1 Corinthians 5:5a
To link both up apart from that the
Galatians 5:17 has no relevance and does not condemn the forever saved principles

I show you two statements.

.... destroy his body or flesh and his spirit will be saved when Jesus comes...

Yet
you jump to another thing instead of focusing on how to explain the statement

New Living Translation

Read this truth clearly which is showing to everyone

Your flesh which Bible interpret as your sinful nature can be killed because of SIN while the real you which is your human spirit can be saved forever..... If you are saved on earth that is what that statement means

This place shows many things this place even shows that the real human is the human spirit.... And Bible already shows that the human soul is inside the human spirit
In order words the human spirit is the real you

I can bet that you don't know that human beings are made up of
Body
Soul
Spirit
That scripture is showing to every one that physical death does not mean spiritual death
Yet you left it and you start jumping up to what has no relevance to the statement

Do you really read this Bible at all

Now read it in simple English and tell me what this statement is trying to say don't try to jump to another topic

Let me give you simple translation

ICB
5 Then give this man to Satan, so that his sinful self will be destroyed. And then his spirit can be saved on the day of the Lord.

New Living Translation

Only God can help you to read and understand what God is saying

If you refuse to read and understand what God is saying here then I will show you other places in the Bible to back up this chapter

Question 1
How is it that the human body can be destroyed because of SIN and yet the human spirit be saved because that person is saved forever?

Question 2
Remember I told you bring any scripture you think does not support once saved then saved forever and you have not yet found any to back up your own claim?
Re: ❤️Grace Preaching Is Not A License To Sin, God Forbid: But We Are Saved Forever by Bishopkingsley(m): 4:24pm On Nov 08, 2021
WHAT CAN SEPARATE US FROM THE LOVE OF GOD... ABSOLUTELY NOTHING
Re: ❤️Grace Preaching Is Not A License To Sin, God Forbid: But We Are Saved Forever by Bishopkingsley(m): 7:33pm On Nov 09, 2021
COLOSSIANS 2:13
KJ21
And you, being dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath He quickened together with Him, having forgiven you all trespasses,
ASV
And you, being dead through your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, you, I say, did he make alive together with him, having forgiven us all our trespasses;
AMP
When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh (worldliness, manner of life), God made you alive together with Christ, having [freely] forgiven us all our sins,
AMPC
And you who were dead in trespasses and in the uncircumcision of your flesh (your sensuality, your sinful carnal nature), [God] brought to life together with [Christ], having [freely] forgiven us all our transgressions,
BRG
And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;
CSB
And when you were dead in trespasses and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, he made you alive with him and forgave us all our trespasses.
CEB
When you were dead because of the things you had done wrong and because your body wasn’t circumcised, God made you alive with Christ and forgave all the things you had done wrong.
CJB
You were dead because of your sins, that is, because of your “foreskin,” your old nature. But God made you alive along with the Messiah by forgiving you all your sins.
CEV
You were dead, because you were sinful and were not God’s people. But God let Christ make you alive, when he forgave all our sins.
Re: ❤️Grace Preaching Is Not A License To Sin, God Forbid: But We Are Saved Forever by Bishopkingsley(m): 8:43am On Nov 25, 2021
Can any father be able to stop their children from being his children

Answer is no

(1) (Reply)

Rccg City Of David Abuja Celebrates 9th Anniversary / Pastor Benny Hinn You Are Lying - Dr. Abel Damina / Yoruba Christians Are More Educated Than Muslims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.