Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,658 members, 7,820,308 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:51 PM

21 Contrasts Between Hell Fire And Physical Graves. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 21 Contrasts Between Hell Fire And Physical Graves. (1014 Views)

3 Sweet Things That Keep Sending Many Men To Their Early Graves / Difference Between Hell Fire And Hell / The Difference Between Hell, Hell Fire And Lake Of Fire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

21 Contrasts Between Hell Fire And Physical Graves. by Ken4Christ: 9:39am On Sep 27, 2022
1. Hell is vividly pictured as a place that burns with fire kindled by God himself. There is no fire in the physical grave and as such could not be referring to the grave;

Deuteronomy 32:22
For a fire is kindled in mine anger, and shall BURN UNTO THE LOWEST HELL, and shall consume the earth with her increase, and set on fire the foundations of the mountains.

Physical graves certainly can't fit into this statement. For instance, no fire burns in the physical grave.

Second, it says it shall burn to the lowest hell. So some compartment in hell are deeper than others. There is no such thing as lowest grave.
In addition, it says it sets on fire the foundation of mountains.

This explains the phenomenon of volcanic eruption. The fire causing it comes from hell beneath.

MaxInDHouse
Re: 21 Contrasts Between Hell Fire And Physical Graves. by Ken4Christ: 9:40am On Sep 27, 2022
2. Hell is a Place of Sorrow.

There is no such thing as sorrow in the grave since bodies buried in the grave are lifeless;

2 Samuel 22:6/Psalms 18:5
The SORROWS OF HELL compassed me about; the snares of death prevented me.
Re: 21 Contrasts Between Hell Fire And Physical Graves. by Ken4Christ: 9:43am On Sep 27, 2022
3. Hell is a Place of Pains.

Lifeless bodies in the physical grave feels no pains.

Psalms 116:3
The sorrows of death compassed me, and the PAINS OF HELL gat hold upon me: I found trouble and sorrow.

MaxInDHouse please be honest to refute every point I make on this thread with scripture references.

Is there pain in the physical grave? Rethink, your teaching that hell is just a physical grave cannot stand the test of the Scripture.
Re: 21 Contrasts Between Hell Fire And Physical Graves. by Ken4Christ: 2:57pm On Sep 27, 2022
4. The grave is usually a shallow debt of about 6ft. Hell is very deep such that is used in contrast to heights such as heaven.

Job 11:8
It is as high as heaven; what canst thou do? DEEPER THAN HELL; what canst thou know?

Grave certainly can't fit into this sentence. You can't say, deeper than grave because graves are not deep to start with. That will be a very stupid comparison.

Amos 9:2
Though they DIG INTO HELL, thence shall mine hand take them; though they climb up to heaven, thence will I bring them down.

The verse above proves that hell is so deep that it's used in contrast to heaven.
Re: 21 Contrasts Between Hell Fire And Physical Graves. by Ken4Christ: 2:59pm On Sep 27, 2022
5. The physical grave can be seen with the optical eyes but hell cannot be seen with the optical eyes. Only God sees hell and those whom he reveals it to.

Job 26:6
HELL IS NAKED before him, and destruction hath no covering.
Re: 21 Contrasts Between Hell Fire And Physical Graves. by Ken4Christ: 3:01pm On Sep 27, 2022
6. The physical grave is a place where the physical bodies of all deaths are buried. Hell is a place where only the wicked goes to.

Psalms 9:17
The WICKED SHALL BE TURNED INTO HELL, and all the nations that forget God.

If hell is grave, it makes no sense to say that the wicked shall be turned into grave because everyone who dies is buried in the grave.

Proverbs 7:27
Her house is the WAY TO HELL, going down to the chambers of death.

You certainly can't say that the house of a harlot is the way to grave. Whether you sleep with a harlot or not, you will still end up in the grave.

But it's talking about those who are lured to commit fornication with her will end up in hell.
Re: 21 Contrasts Between Hell Fire And Physical Graves. by Ken4Christ: 3:04pm On Sep 27, 2022
7. Grave is a place where the physical bodies of the deaths are buried. Hell is the place where the souls of the wicked go to.

Psalms 16:10
For thou wilt not leave my SOUL IN HELL; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.

Psalms 86:13
For great is thy mercy toward me: and thou hast DELIVERED MY SOUL FROM THE LOWEST HELL.

Notice the verse talks about souls being delivered from the lowest hell. Grave can't fit in here because grave is not even deep.
Re: 21 Contrasts Between Hell Fire And Physical Graves. by Ken4Christ: 3:05pm On Sep 27, 2022
8. Death bodies are usually gently lowered in the grave at burial. The souls of the wicked descend into hell suddenly.

Psalms 55:15
Let death seize upon them, and let them GO DOWN QUICK INTO HELL; for wickedness is in their dwellings, and among them.

No dead body goes to the physical grave on his own. But here it says that the soul goes quickly into hell.
Re: 21 Contrasts Between Hell Fire And Physical Graves. by Ken4Christ: 3:06pm On Sep 27, 2022
9. The size of the grave is just big enough to accommodate the dead body. Hell is so spacious that you can even make your bed there. But we do know that no one can make his bed in hell because of the torment and pains. You will cry night and day. But some of the cells are big enough to accommodate a bed.

Psalms 139:8
If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I MAKE MY BED IN HELL, behold, thou art there.
Re: 21 Contrasts Between Hell Fire And Physical Graves. by Ken4Christ: 3:08pm On Sep 27, 2022
10. Grave is an unavoidable place where bodies of dead people are buried. Hell is avoidable.

Proverbs 15:24
The way of life is above to the wise, that he may DEPART FROM HELL BENEATH.

Proverbs 23:14
Thou shalt beat him with the rod, and shalt DELIVER HIS SOUL FROM HELL.

Grave can't fit in here. And immortal souls do not go to the grave.

Mark 9:43-47
43 And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, THAN HAVING TWO HANDS TO GO INTO into the fire that never shall be quenched:
44 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
45 And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than HAVING TWO FEET TO BE CAST INTO HELL, into the fire that never shall be quenched:
46 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
47 And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, THAN HAVING TWO EYES TO BE CAST INTO HELL FIRE.
Re: 21 Contrasts Between Hell Fire And Physical Graves. by Kobojunkie: 4:11pm On Sep 27, 2022
Ken4Christ:
1. Hell is vividly pictured as a place that burns with fire kindled by God himself. There is no fire in the physical grave and as such could not be referring to the grave;

Deuteronomy 32:22
For a fire is kindled in mine anger, and shall BURN UNTO THE LOWEST HELL, and shall consume the earth with her increase, and set on fire the foundations of the mountains.

Physical graves certainly can't fit into this statement. For instance, no fire burns in the physical grave.

Second, it says it shall burn to the lowest hell. So some compartment in hell are deeper than others. There is no such thing as lowest grave.
In addition, it says it sets on fire the foundation of mountains.

This explains the phenomenon of volcanic eruption. The fire causing it comes from hell beneath.
Stop picking verses out-of-context to pretend you can make them say what you want abeg!
19 “The Lord saw this and became upset. His sons and daughters made him angry!
20 So he said, ‘I will turn away from them, then let’s see what happens! They are a rebellious people. They are like children who will not learn their lessons.
21 They made me jealous with things that are not really gods. They made me angry with their worthless idols. So I will use people who are not really a nation to make them jealous. I will use a worthless[d] nation to make them angry.
22 My anger will burn like a fire, burning down to the deepest grave, burning the earth and all it produces, burning deep down below the mountains.
23 “‘I will bring troubles to the Israelites. I will shoot all my arrows at them.
24 They will become thin from hunger. Terrible diseases will destroy them. I will send wild animals against them. Poisonous snakes and lizards will bite them. - Deuteronomy 32 vs 19 - 24

1 Like

Re: 21 Contrasts Between Hell Fire And Physical Graves. by Kobojunkie: 4:23pm On Sep 27, 2022
Ken4Christ:
2. Hell is a Place of Sorrow.

There is no such thing as sorrow in the grave since bodies buried in the grave are lifeless;

2 Samuel 22:6/Psalms 18:5
The SORROWS OF HELL compassed me about; the snares of death prevented me.
Again, always pay attention to contexts so you can avoid these brain-dead assertions. undecided
1. I love you, Lord! You are my strength.
2 The Lord is my Rock, my fortress, my place of safety. He is my God, the Rock I run to for protection. He is my shield; by his power I am saved. He is my hiding place high in the hills.
3 I called to the Lord for help, and he saved me from my enemies! He is worthy of my praise!
4 Death had its ropes wrapped around me. A deadly flood was carrying me away.
5 The ropes of the grave wrapped around me. Death set its trap right there in front of me.
6 In my trouble I called to the Lord. Yes, I cried out to my God for help. There in his temple he heard my voice. He heard my cry for help. - Psalms 18 vs 1 - 6

Re: 21 Contrasts Between Hell Fire And Physical Graves. by Kobojunkie: 4:28pm On Sep 27, 2022
Ken4Christ:
3. Hell is a Place of Pains.
Lifeless bodies in the physical grave feels no pains.
Psalms 116:3
The sorrows of death compassed me, and the PAINS OF HELL gat hold upon me: I found trouble and sorrow.
please be honest to refute every point I make on this thread with scripture references.
Is there pain in the physical grave? Rethink, your teaching that hell is just a physical grave cannot stand the test of the Scripture.
Again, pay attention to the contextual message so you do not keep getting lost in what are your instead delusions.
1. I love the Lord for hearing me, for listening to my prayers.
2 Yes, he paid attention to me, so I will always call to him whenever I need help.
3 Death’s ropes were around me. The grave was closing in on me. I was worried and afraid.
4 Then I called on the Lord’s name. I said, “Lord, save me!”
5 The Lord is good and merciful; our God is so kind. - Psalm 116 vs 1 - 3
Re: 21 Contrasts Between Hell Fire And Physical Graves. by Kobojunkie: 4:40pm On Sep 27, 2022
Ken4Christ:
4. The grave is usually a shallow debt of about 6ft. Hell is very deep such that is used in contrast to heights such as heaven.
Job 11:8
It is as high as heaven; what canst thou do? DEEPER THAN HELL; what canst thou know?
Grave certainly can't fit into this sentence. You can't say, deeper than grave because graves are not deep to start with. That will be a very stupid comparison.
Amos 9:2
Though they DIG INTO HELL, thence shall mine hand take them; though they climb up to heaven, thence will I bring them down.
The verse above proves that hell is so deep that it's used in contrast to heaven.
Again, please learn to pay attention to the message in context so you are able to separate your delusion from that which is in fact written and intended. undecided
5 I wish God would answer you and tell you that you are wrong.
6 He could tell you the secret of wisdom. He would tell you that every story has two sides. You can be sure of this: God is not punishing you as much as he should.
7 “Do you think you really understand God? Do you completely understand God All-Powerful?
8 That knowledge is higher than the heavens and deeper than the place of death. So what can you do? How can you learn it all?
9 It is greater than the earth and bigger than the seas. - Job 11 vs 5 - 9
Surely, you can see from the above that Job was in no way trying to be literal, as is the case with every other mention of the grave, the place of Death, in much of the Old Covenant which you continue to pull up? undecided
1. I saw the Lord standing by the altar, and he said “Hit the top of the columns, and shake them to the ground. Push them and they will fall on everyone’s head. As for those who survive, I will kill them with a sword. None of them will run away. None of them will escape.
2 If they dig deep into the ground, I will pull them from there. If they go up into the skies, I will bring them down from there.
3 If they hide at the top of Mount Carmel, I will find them there and take them from that place. If they try to hide from me at the bottom of the sea, I will command the snake, and it will bite them.
4 If they are captured and taken away by their enemies, I will command the sword, and it will kill them there. Yes, I will watch over them, but I will watch for ways to give them troubles, not for ways to do good things.” - Amos 9 vs 1 - 4

Re: 21 Contrasts Between Hell Fire And Physical Graves. by Ken4Christ: 5:03pm On Sep 27, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Stop picking verses out-of-context to pretend you can make them say what you want abeg!

Are graves deep talk more of deepest grave?

Does fire burn in the physical grave?

You are roped in your own defense.
Re: 21 Contrasts Between Hell Fire And Physical Graves. by Kobojunkie: 5:19pm On Sep 27, 2022
Ken4Christ:
Are graves deep talk more of deepest grave? Does fire burn in the physical grave? You are roped in your own defense.
I see this is a language comprehension issue. Read the text in context so you can understand how these various writers each used the grave/Death in a figurative manner and not literal as you pretend. undecided

The tradition of the Old Covenant people was to regard the place of death as the grave/hell, a place where all those who die go to be processed, nothing more. undecided
Re: 21 Contrasts Between Hell Fire And Physical Graves. by Ken4Christ: 6:05pm On Sep 27, 2022
11. The size of the physical grave does not change. Hell increases in size to accommodate new intakes.

Isaiah 5:14
Therefore HELL HATH ENLARGED HERSELF, and opened her mouth without measure: and their glory, and their multitude, and their pomp, and he that rejoiceth, shall descend into it.

Kobojunkie, MaxInDHouse
Re: 21 Contrasts Between Hell Fire And Physical Graves. by Kobojunkie: 6:07pm On Sep 27, 2022
Ken4Christ:
11. The size of the physical grave does not change. Hell increases in size to accommodate new intakes.

Isaiah 5:14
Therefore HELL HATH ENLARGED HERSELF, and opened her mouth without measure: and their glory, and their multitude, and their pomp, and he that rejoiceth, shall descend into it.
Again... I see this is a language comprehension issue. Read the text in context so you can understand how these various writers each used the grave/Death in a figurative manner and not literal as you pretend. undecided

The tradition of the Old Covenant people was to regard the place of death as the grave/hell, a place where all those who die go to be processed, nothing more. undecided
Re: 21 Contrasts Between Hell Fire And Physical Graves. by EricBloodAxe: 6:08pm On Sep 27, 2022
Them don catch this one keep for the hellfire cage. Sorry bro, ur own problem dey out of this world grin

1 Like

Re: 21 Contrasts Between Hell Fire And Physical Graves. by Ken4Christ: 6:08pm On Sep 27, 2022
12. The grave is an inanimate entity. Hell is personified as a woman;

Isaiah 5:14.
Therefore hell hath ENLARGED HERSELF, and OPENED HER MOUTH without measure: and their glory, and their multitude, and their pomp, and he that rejoiceth, shall descend into it.

Hell is also personified as a horse rider;

Revelation 6:8
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and HELL FOLLOWED WITH HIM. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Kobojunkie, MaxInDHouse
Re: 21 Contrasts Between Hell Fire And Physical Graves. by Ken4Christ: 6:10pm On Sep 27, 2022
13. You cannot confine fallen angels in physical graves. Fallen Angels are confined in hell.

Isaiah 14:15
Yet thou [Lucifer] shalt be BROUGHT DOWN TO HELL, to the sides of the pit.

Kobojunkie, MaxInDHouse
Re: 21 Contrasts Between Hell Fire And Physical Graves. by Ken4Christ: 6:14pm On Sep 27, 2022
14. In the grave, death bodies do not talk. Souls in hell can talk and cry and thirst.

Ezekiel 32:21
The strong among the mighty shall SPEAK TO HIM OUT OF THE MIDST OF HELL with them that help him: they are gone down, they lie uncircumcised, slain by the sword.

Jonah 2:2
And said, I cried by reason of mine affliction unto the LORD, and he heard me; OUT OF THE BELLY OF HELL CRIED I, and thou heardest my voice

Luke 16:19-31 - The rich man cried to Abraham. There is conversation in hell.

You will come and tell me that the story of the rich man and Lazarus is a parable. Even if it is, you only tell parables with things that can actually happen in practice. So, the message still stands.

Tell me of any parable that used illustrations that are not possible in real life. There is none.

And in parables, actual names are never mentioned. Illustrations are done using generic terms and not real names.

Tell me any parable in the Bible where specific names were mentioned.

Kobojunkie, MaxInDHouse
Re: 21 Contrasts Between Hell Fire And Physical Graves. by Kobojunkie: 6:16pm On Sep 27, 2022
Ken4Christ:
13. You cannot confine fallen angels in physical graves. Fallen Angels are confined in hell.

Isaiah 14:15
Yet thou [Lucifer] shalt be BROUGHT DOWN TO HELL, to the sides of the pit.
Isaiah 14 vs 4 clearly tells you that your "Angel" is none other than the king of Babylon. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: 21 Contrasts Between Hell Fire And Physical Graves. by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:16pm On Sep 27, 2022
EricBloodAxe:

Them don catch this one keep for the hellfire cage. Sorry bro, ur own problem dey out of this world grin

He's really suffering from HellFire virus, i don't have his time what God told us is that death is the punishment for sin {Genesis 2:17 compare to Romans 6:22} anything afterwards is symbolic not literal! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: 21 Contrasts Between Hell Fire And Physical Graves. by Ken4Christ: 6:17pm On Sep 27, 2022
15. It is men who bury people in physical gave. It is God who cast souls into hell.

Ezekiel 31:16
I made the nations to shake at the sound of his fall, when I CAST HIM DOWN TO HELL with them that descend into the pit: and all the trees of Eden, the choice and best of Lebanon, all that drink water, shall be comforted in the nether parts of the earth.

Luke 10:15
And thou, Capernaum, which art exalted to heaven, shalt be THRUST DOWN TO HELL.
Ezekiel 39:11

And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will give unto Gog A PLACE THERE OF GRAVES IN ISRAEL, the valley of the passengers on the east of the sea: and it shall stop the noses of the passengers: AND THERE SHALL THEY BURY GOG and all his multitude: and they shall call it The valley of Hamongog

Maybe in your community, caskets are thrown into the grave. Please, let us know if that is what happens in your village.

Kobojunkie, MaxInDHouse
Re: 21 Contrasts Between Hell Fire And Physical Graves. by Maynman: 6:41pm On Sep 27, 2022
Lol
Re: 21 Contrasts Between Hell Fire And Physical Graves. by Ken4Christ: 7:31pm On Sep 27, 2022
16. The physical grave has no gates. Hell has gates.

Matthew 16:18
And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the GATES OF HELL shall not prevail against it.
Re: 21 Contrasts Between Hell Fire And Physical Graves. by Ken4Christ: 7:33pm On Sep 27, 2022
17. Forces of hell fight against the church but they can't prevail. Physical grave has no power to fight against the church.

Matthew 16:18
And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the GATES OF HELL shall not PREVAIL AGAINST IT.

Kobojunkie, MaxInDHouse
Re: 21 Contrasts Between Hell Fire And Physical Graves. by Ken4Christ: 7:35pm On Sep 27, 2022
18. The grave poses no danger to the dead. Hell is pictured as a dangerous place to go.

Matthew 5:22
But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in DANGER OF HELL FIRE.

Matthew 23:33
Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape THE DAMNATION OF HELL?

Kobojunkie, MaxInDHouse
Re: 21 Contrasts Between Hell Fire And Physical Graves. by Ken4Christ: 7:37pm On Sep 27, 2022
19. The bodies in the grave are lifeless. Souls in hell are conscious and are in torment.

Luke 16:23
And in hell he lift up his eyes, BEING IN TORMENTS, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.

Revelation 20:10
And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be TORMENTED DAY AND NIGHT for ever and ever.

Kobojunkie, MaxInDHouse
Re: 21 Contrasts Between Hell Fire And Physical Graves. by Ken4Christ: 7:41pm On Sep 27, 2022
20. The worms in the physical graves dies since every living thing dies. The worms in hell do not die.

Mark 9:45-46
And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched: note
Where THEIR WORM DIETH NOT, and the fire is not quenched.

Notice it also said that the fire is not quenched.

The fire is earthly Gehenna has gone off. So, Jesus couldn't have been talking about the Gehenna in Israel.

Kobojunkie, MaxInDHouse
Re: 21 Contrasts Between Hell Fire And Physical Graves. by Maynman: 7:44pm On Sep 27, 2022
Ken4Christ:
20. The worms in the physical graves dies since every living thing dies. The worms in hell do not die.

Mark 9:45-46
And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched: note
Where THEIR WORM DIETH NOT, and the fire is not quenched.

Notice it also said that the fire is not quenched.

The fire is earthly Gehenna has gone off. So, Jesus couldn't have been talking about the Gehenna in Israel.

Kobojunkie, MaxInDHouse

Lol.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

15 Reasons Why I Left Islam To Christianity / Artificial Intelligent "Pastor" Preached To 300 Members In Germany / To All Muslims Faithful In This Last Ten Days Of The Holy Month Of Ramadhan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.